HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

(HF Story) Postseason Media Roundtable

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Good post Guy. I couldn't agree with you more on point number 9. I absolute don't mind going inot next season with both Conklin and Jussi. I'd take two goalies with >.900 SV% and 2.50 GAA averages anyday.
Careful Doc, 2.50 GAA puts you around 50th in rankings in goalies nowadays.

Old
04-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
Careful Doc, 2.50 GAA puts you around 50th in rankings in goalies nowadays.
Damn. My bad. So true. It's freakin' amazing how GAA have declined since the early '90.

Old
04-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Damn. My bad. So true. It's freakin' amazing how GAA have declined since the early '90.
We'll see if it changes much at all when the pads go back to the width they were in the 80's. Maybe it won't make much difference at all but maybe it will. For sure, the players are all better athletes and their conditioning is much better then it was back in those days.

Part of me thinks that an average goalie of today would still be outstanding if he went back in time, based soley on how well they prepare and workout compared to back in those days. On the reverse, can you imagine how good people like Tony Esposito and Bernie Parent would be if they played with the gear and physical conditioning of today?

I heard someone reflecting back on their playing days in the 70's by saying something like this: "back then training camp meant you switched from liquor to beer or from beer to light beer."

And these days training practically never stops. Kyle Brodziak is already involved in a workout plan with Daryl Duke and the Oilers!

Old
04-30-2004, 03:34 PM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming

And these days training practically never stops. Kyle Brodziak is already involved in a workout plan with Daryl Duke and the Oilers!
nice namedropping Guy!!!

That any indicator that he's close to being signed/signed already but unannounced?

Old
04-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I don't think it will be too hard to sign Brodziak. Keep in mind that depsite the fact he finished 3rd in the WHL scoring race, he is still a 7th round pick.

And hey, I heard that tidbit by listening to John Short's show earlier this week, I can't take the credit for digging this one up myself!

Old
04-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
I heard someone reflecting back on their playing days in the 70's by saying something like this: "back then training camp meant you switched from liquor to beer or from beer to light beer."
So true Guy. I saw an interview with Phil Esposito and he was talking about the 72 series.(Also explains why Canada got off to such a slow start.)

"We didn't work out in the summer to get in shape. We went to camp to get in shape."

Last edited by Slats432: 04-25-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread