HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Slovan Bratislava 2016/2017

Old
02-01-2017, 08:26 AM
tobu

vCash: 500
Brust with a 1 game ban. Pogge in goal vs Dynamo. I fear this match...

tobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2017, 01:03 PM
tobu

So the odds of making playoff have gone slightly down. We are trailing 5 points on the 8th place and thus we need Jokerit to loose at least 2 of its remaining games assuming Slovan wins all.

Old
02-01-2017, 04:43 PM
SoundAndFury

They didn't go slightly down, they crashed and burnt, more like. Slovan needed wins in far east and got losses instead. Realistically, there's no way both Jokerit and Sochi mess up so badly. Especially since Dynamo and Vityaz are really tough opponents. Looking from this point on Jokerit has the best schedule.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:23 AM
geri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
They didn't go slightly down, they crashed and burnt, more like. Slovan needed wins in far east and got losses instead. Realistically, there's no way both Jokerit and Sochi mess up so badly. Especially since Dynamo and Vityaz are really tough opponents. Looking from this point on Jokerit has the best schedule.
yes and it shows us again: if you have to rely on other teams results it is very bad
but i even would say that jokerit and sotchi (more likely) maybe will loose 2 games, but to get slovan 100 % of points is the difficult part.
jokerit has ugra, automobilist, neftekimik, ak bars
sotchi spartak, torpedo, cska, ska, severstal
slovan din moskva, vityaz, medveszak, medveszak
as you wrote jokerithas easiest schedule, but what we learned in past -> all is possible, and often the "weaker" teams stole the points..
lets hope the fight is still on after next 2 rounds

edit: did you guys read at medvescak forum about last home game vs slovan to be played in bratislava?

Last edited by geri: 02-02-2017 at 02:38 AM.
geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Wien

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri View Post
yes and it shows us again: if you have to rely on other teams results it is very bad
Exactly right. Considering how things looked a month ago, it's a minor miracle anyone's able to talk about Slovan's playoff chances without breaking into laughter.

Wien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:32 PM
tobu

So we can all agree that the odds are now just theoretical. Slovan has to win all 3 remaining games in fulltime, while Jokerit must not get more than 3 points from 4 games and Sochi more than 6 from 5 games.

Old
02-02-2017, 02:34 PM
CPFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobu View Post
So we can all agree that the odds are now just theoretical. Slovan has to win all 3 remaining games in fulltime, while Jokerit must not get more than 3 points from 4 games and Sochi more than 6 from 5 games.
If Slovan gets 9 points from the remaining matches, then 4 points is not enough for Jokerit, because they would be tied in points and then the tiebreaker goes to Slovan because they have more 3 point wins.

CPFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:36 PM
penepi

Jokerit might get 4 points, while Sochi 7, but still... There are no odds, we are out. And this match was peculiar to our entire season. We lost because our goalie lost his knife on a skate. Like what are the chances; 1:1 million? Unbelievable.

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2017, 03:10 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobu View Post
For the next seasons the management should already in the beginning declare, that they have money. Then the players will play much better.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2017, 05:24 AM
geri

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
For the next seasons the management should already in the beginning declare, that they have money. Then the players will play much better.
yes for sure-PO wouldnt be a question then.
i hope they keep ALL players.
ok official both zagreb games played in bratislava!!
http://www.hcslovan.sk/sk/spravy/dom...s-medvescakom/

Old
02-03-2017, 02:35 PM
tobu

So 2 exhibition games with Medvescak and the lads can go on vacations.

Old
02-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

I am staying in Vienna for a few weeks for work and wanted to go to a Slovan Bratislava game.

Now, on a website called ticketportal.sk I can buy tickets for games on the 14th and 15th vs Medvescak. But according to the KHL website, the game on the 14th is in Zagreb and I can't seem to buy tickets for the game on the 15th.

Can anyone help me out? I need 2 tickets for the game that is in Bratislava.

Thanks for the help!

- Tanner Glass in game 84 of the Tanner Glass goalless streak in 2015
Amazing Kreiderman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2017, 08:26 AM
geri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
I am staying in Vienna for a few weeks for work and wanted to go to a Slovan Bratislava game.

Now, on a website called ticketportal.sk I can buy tickets for games on the 14th and 15th vs Medvescak. But according to the KHL website, the game on the 14th is in Zagreb and I can't seem to buy tickets for the game on the 15th.

Can anyone help me out? I need 2 tickets for the game that is in Bratislava.

Thanks for the help!
KHL site isnt up to date. game 14.2 is in bratislava for sure, and you can buy it online as you said. www.ticketportal.sk you can also switch to ENGLISIH language.
15.2 is not available, as it is SOLD OUT currently. this can change once reservations are cancelled-so look at the page every day. usually 1-2 days before games some tickets get available, or when you are at 14.2 game you can get maybe there at arena for 15.2

Old
02-06-2017, 08:35 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri View Post
KHL site isnt up to date. game 14.2 is in bratislava for sure, and you can buy it online as you said. www.ticketportal.sk you can also switch to ENGLISIH language.
15.2 is not available, as it is SOLD OUT currently. this can change once reservations are cancelled-so look at the page every day. usually 1-2 days before games some tickets get available, or when you are at 14.2 game you can get maybe there at arena for 15.2
100% sure the game on 14 February is in Bratislava?

Old
02-06-2017, 08:50 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
100% sure the game on 14 February is in Bratislava?
Yes. Slovan has announced today that both games, 14 & 15 Feb, are played in Bratislava at 19:00. Source in slovak

Quote:
Prvé zo stretnutí, ktoré na základe žiadosti Mevdeščaku Záhreb odohráme so súhlasom vedenia KHL v Bratislave, sa bude konať v utorok 14. februára o 19:00 h. V rovnakom čase nastúpia belasí aj o deň neskôr, t.j. v stredu 15. februára.
Quote:
First game, which Medvescak request & KHL approved, will be played in Bratislava on Tuesday at 19:00. Next day, 15 Feb, will take place second match, starts of the game is the same as day before.
Tickets for 14 Feb game are available here. Some seats are blocked/reserved for Medvescak fans, but will be available if Medvescak fans wont buy it. There is cca 500 available tickets for 14 Feb game.

PS:
KHL website confirmed that 14 Feb game is played in Bratislava. Source

Quote:
Зимний стадион им. О.Непелы, Братислава
Quote:
Ice Palace/Arena O.Nepela, Bratislava

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Bought rink side tickets. I am so happy! Thanks man!

Old
02-06-2017, 10:27 AM
penepi

Quote:
Right now there are 3 tickets left also for the 15 Feb game -- https://www.ticketportal.sk/performa...spx?idp=600565

I believe this game is gonna be better since it is the last one. You might wanna check the website, especially after each midnight a couple of tickets should become available.

Old
02-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Dueling Banjos

vCash: 250
Ondrej Nepela Arena makes for a great hockey experience, i was lucky enough to be there for a playoff game against CSKA last year.

Dueling Banjos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 01:47 AM
geri

Quote:
perfect
well in meantime as i thought, also for last game on 15.2 now again are tickets available (more than 200)

Old
02-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Dueling Banjos

vCash: 250
What was the nature of Smolenak's injury again? Is he expected in Slovan's roster next year?

Dueling Banjos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 05:33 AM
martin1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos View Post
What was the nature of Smolenak's injury again? Is he expected in Slovan's roster next year?
Injury:
Broken collarbone, but its second time in short period of time he has this problem. He will be out to april.

Contract:
His contract ends after this season. Im sure there was no talks about extension yet, because we still don't know where Slovan will play in next season.

martin1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2017, 03:36 AM
Jablkon

Whats your opinion guys on that? (Sorry, probably for slovaks as I am lazy to translate, I might make some brief follow up, if somebody is interested).

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokej-jakub-va...1647_hokej_cig

Jablkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2017, 06:43 AM
penepi

That guy claims that KHL is sort of an endurance sports, and you wouldn't enjoy watching a KHL game in TV at all because matches are not dynamic. As far as I know, KHL stands out especially for its technical play. So he is quite ridiculous.
Obviously, he hates physical training, and pace of Czech league is well enough for him.

Old
04-14-2017, 07:26 AM
ermolli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jablkon View Post
Whats your opinion guys on that? (Sorry, probably for slovaks as I am lazy to translate, I might make some brief follow up, if somebody is interested).

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokej-jakub-va...1647_hokej_cig
Sorry, but Jakub Valsky was underaverage player for KHL, typically border 4th liner. Of course, in the non-physically Czech league is Valsky star, but KHL is another level.

Unbelievable for me is absolutely generalization of his opinion. He was in Slovan, so from where he knows trainings methods in Magnitka for example? Ok, maybe former Magnitka coach Keenan and his learner Vorobyov are hockey dilletants and Valsky is the biggest world authority for hockey theory

Second, I am not sure if Valsky is right for criticise guys like Kovar and Kundratek. IMO its arrogancy from him. Finally, we see Sobotka current NHL performance - if is guy top player in KHL, he is top player in NHL also.

ermolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Jablkon

I dont really know from where he got that generalization. I guess ha can be biased. What surprised me that he critized physical training. I am not really sure that top KHL guy autuomaticaly means top NHL guy. I hope Sobotka got mature as player in KHL and will benefit from it in NHL. Otherewise czech guys like Nakladal, Sekac and even Kempny havent confirmed it... Border NHL guy could be top KHL guy seems to more accurate.

Jablkon is offline   Reply With Quote