HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski Potiental?

Old
03-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Perez will never be a top 2 lines player.
Maybe, but I wouldn't hesitate to put him on the third line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
I strongly believe a lot of people are going to be eating crow next year because Grabovski is ready to take the next step!
Where? Up the ramp to an Aeroflot passenger jet heading east?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-11-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Where? Up the ramp to an Aeroflot passenger jet heading east?
Yeah, to go play with Perezhogin or Emelin

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 11:06 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Yeah, to go play with Perezhogin or Emelin
Nah he's gonna share a round-trip ticket with Emelin so they can save a little bit of money. Grabo -> Russia, Emelin -> Montreal.

I'd do that trade in a second.

edit: I like Grabovsky and think he could do well, but I'd still rather have Emelin than him.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
He seems to have a strong desire to improve and compete. Every time he has been called up i have noticed improvements in his game. Like recently he has been playing hard in the defensive zone and playing stronger on the puck on offense.

Why doesn't he improve his faceoffs? He won 1 of 10 against Anaheim. Is that your idea of progress? They converted Higgins to LW partly because of his weakness on faceoffs, but compared with Grabovski, Higgins is Perreault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Hopefully...I will gladly eat crow because the Habs get a point per/game center.

Do I think he will become a constant contributor at the NHL level? No. But in cases like these I would rather be wrong. Just because some people don't like particular prospects does not mean that they would enjoy watching them fail.
I would like everyone on the Habs to succeed for the sake of the team. I was grateful for every goal Dandenault or Brisebois scored even though I don't care much for them as players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn fan View Post
i agree... i think that with good wingers like the kost bros or kovy he can be a 20 goals 40 to 60 assists mark my words!
Aaaaaaaggggghh! How long is your pipe and what's in the bowl?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-11-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old
03-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Locks

Quote:
Why doesn't he improve his faceoffs? He won 1 of 10 against Anaheim. Is that your idea of progress? They converted Higgins to LW partly because of his weakness on faceoffs, but compared with Grabovski, Higgins is Perreault.
I don't think Higgins' faceoffs ability was much of a factor in converting him to a winger. I remember Savard saying that Higgs was not the most creative with the puck but had a nice touch around the net which is more suitable for a winger. And faceoffs aside, Grabs did impove his play in his own zone - no end to end rushes, for example - and I did not notice him on his butt all that much this time around. He is still a work in progress but the potential is there.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 11:55 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Aaaaaaaggggghh! How long is your pipe and what's in the bowl?
really impressive..wow

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2008, 11:57 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Not sure at all about Grabovski's future with the Habs. Personally, I hope he makes the team for the future. I like the way he has played since being called up this time. What I find surprising is that Grabovski was completely unaware as of yesterday that he would be with the Habs, whether playing or sitting, for the rest of the season as he could no longer be sent down to play with the Bulldogs. This shows a complete lack of communication on the part of the organization with this player. This leads me to wonder whether the Habs organization has explained the dynamics of a team in the thick of the play-off race to him, and why it would be sometimes necessary to sit him for games, while other times utilizing his talents. Communication is a good thing.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Rock On

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Not sure at all about Grabovski's future with the Habs. Personally, I hope he makes the team for the future. I like the way he has played since being called up this time. What I find surprising is that Grabovski was completely unaware as of yesterday that he would be with the Habs, whether playing or sitting, for the rest of the season as he could no longer be sent down to play with the Bulldogs. This shows a complete lack of communication on the part of the organization with this player. This leads me to wonder whether the Habs organization has explained the dynamics of a team in the thick of the play-off race to him, and why it would be sometimes necessary to sit him for games, while other times utilizing his talents. Communication is a good thing.
I agree. I think communication is the main weakness of Carbonneau. It's not the first time something like this happens and probably not the last. But the team is doing well so I think it's pointless to throw stones at Carbonneau. However, he should improve in this area.

Rock On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 12:12 AM
kernkraft

Quote:

He played one game and some posters on this board are in love with him. Like I said, it's Perez all over again.
It's because I'm small myself and I can see a lot of me in Grabo; a quick skater with good hands who's a good playmaker. Not very good in heavy traffic, but still.

I never went anywhere in hockey but I hope this guy can (also why I hope the best for Desharnais).

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock On View Post
I agree. I think communication is the main weakness of Carbonneau. It's not the first time something like this happens and probably not the last. But the team is doing well so I think it's pointless to throw stones at Carbonneau. However, he should improve in this area.
I'm not speaking about Carbonneau. His role is to coach the players. It is the role of someone in the Habs organization, and I do not know who that would be, to explain to Grabovski something as basic as his being up with the Habs for the rest of the season. This is something he was completely unaware of.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 01:44 PM
jcpenny

Quote:

He played one game and some posters on this board are in love with him. Like I said, it's Perez all over again.
Comments like these shows either shows ignorance or just pure hate for the guy.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Man Hole Inspector*

Grabovski Potiental?

What's his potiental? And what are his assests? I know he has great hands and can dangle, but does he have enough to be an impact player in the NHL?

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 11:10 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-Rocket View Post
What's his potiental? And what are his assests? I know he has great hands and can dangle, but does he have enough to be an impact player in the NHL?
Potential to be a 100pt guy

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Potential to be a 100pt guy
Is that really realistic?

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
5 pages thread

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=489972

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 11:49 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau View Post
Grabovski=Datsyuk

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Guillemin

5 ft. 11 "

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Comments like these shows either shows ignorance or just pure hate for the guy.
Tell us why it's ignorant or hateful to question an obvious overrating of Grabovski.

Old
03-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Megaforce

The guy can skate. Even if he doesn't score this disorients the opposition and wears 'em out, makes it easier for slowpokes like Higgins and Tender Willie to pot an occasional goal.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 01:04 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Tell us why it's ignorant or hateful to question an obvious overrating of Grabovski.
He's not overrated. His potential is there. I don't know if you have vision problems, but this guy is lightning fast and has unreal hands. He makes things happen when he is playing with skill guys that play his type of game. He doesn't make things happen when he is playing with dump and chace players like ryder or lats. Since he's only played one game on a good line and performed well, its not fair yet to judge him. And of course I'm sure you can find a few knocks on him, every prospect has knocks, you just have to give certain guys a longer chance to adapt and file down weeknesses. It's obvious that calgary didn't wait long enough for St. Louis.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I don't wanna drop my hope on Grabo but I think that his career will be as great as Oleg Petrov's...

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 01:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-Rocket View Post
Is that really realistic?
not unless your on some heavy meds

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote