HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calvert suspended one game

Old
04-15-2017, 05:41 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Calvert suspended one game

Calvert out with a 1 game suspension.

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news...k-notebook0415

Last edited by Samkow: 04-15-2017 at 06:21 PM.
BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 05:46 PM
paracord

vCash: 500
Calvert

Suspended 1 game.

paracord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 06:46 PM
We Want Two
Gameday Drinker

If (bigly if) the CBJ make a series of this and manage to win it, Calvert will go down as a CBJ legend.

I think the punishment fits the crime.

We Want Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 06:53 PM
KCbus
Cerebral Assassin

Could have been more.

KCbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 09:31 PM
EdwardG
Let's Dance!

I turned it off well before this occurred. Why did Calvert do this? It's unlike him... Was someone cheap shotting one of the CBJ players?

EdwardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 09:33 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCbus View Post
Could have been more.
And probably should have been. Not really sure why he lost his head like that. If you are pissed at losing then play like Boone and punish people legally between the whistles

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 09:39 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
I turned it off well before this occurred. Why did Calvert do this? It's unlike him... Was someone cheap shotting one of the CBJ players?
Nope, just frustrated the jackets were losing with 30 seconds left. The 2nd hit was completely unnecessary

BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 09:52 PM
EdwardG
Let's Dance!

Strange. Never can recall him doing anything like that.

EdwardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 12:24 AM
Privet

I like it. He will be a CBJ legend. I was really proud of him when he did that. Really set the tone for game 3. Win it for Calvert!

Privet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 01:42 AM
mikeyp24

After a night sleeping off the alcohol and rewatching over and over I see it way different now. It was dirty because it was a cross.check away from the play and unmessasary yes deserved a penalty and ejection and I even get the 1.game.because how much hate there is between the 2 teams and how aggressive it's been to.make sure no.more excessive line crossing BUT...

In a regular season game I don't think this gets a game. Think about it. It's a hard cross check which happens 10 times a game especially in the crease. The visual of the stock breaking makes it seem worse because.it looks more.violent but those sticks break pretty easy. Next The guy sells it pretty good and Calvert still looking for a fight goes back and pushes him but again not like incredible force.it was just like a push in any scrum the guy dropped very easy again selling for the refs. Watch it in slow motion in the video on the main board at 30 seconds he pushes and extends both hands through the guys left shoulder. Not his head like people said. It's very clear both arms make.contact and push through the left shoulder. And when he goes down soneasy Calvert just stands there.confused.like seriously that sent you down? That's whynhe just kept yelling ****ing ***** as he skates away because instead.of defending himself with 1 minute left in the game he coward and sold it like he was seriously hurt but then he stood there laughing as Calvert was.ejected. So it was a hard cross check and a push that had a broken stick and acting to make it seem a lot worse then it truly was

mikeyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 07:06 AM
MrBadguy

Calvert you stupid... thats not 87, well probably good thing suspension would have been for 82 games

MrBadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Xoggz22

I thought he deserved more. He's not a dirty player but that kind of play needs to be punished more severely. Unfortunately the NHL has set the bar with other plays (as bad or worse) that go unpunished. He lost his head and that's unfortunate. He's also on the top PK group which I think will hurt CBJ more if they get penalties.

I wonder if tonight's game will be a penalty filled affair, driven more by the officiating to keep in in check...

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I thought he deserved more. He's not a dirty player but that kind of play needs to be punished more severely. Unfortunately the NHL has set the bar with other plays (as bad or worse) that go unpunished. He lost his head and that's unfortunate. He's also on the top PK group which I think will hurt CBJ more if they get penalties.

I wonder if tonight's game will be a penalty filled affair, driven more by the officiating to keep in in check...
I love the way #11 plays, but this is completely out of line. 1 game is a light punishment for a violent play like that.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Monk

So I haven't rewatched this. Did he actually hit the dude in the neck/head? Looked to me more like shoulder pad. Didn't look even come close to injuring. 1 game seems pretty appropriate to me. Didn't even think he'd get that.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 10:43 AM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I love the way #11 plays, but this is completely out of line. 1 game is a light punishment for a violent play like that.
Out of line but so out of character for Matt. Unfortunately people who don't watch him regularly will label him based on one moment. I'd rather he be known for who I believe he really is.

MoeBartoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 11:01 AM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBartoli View Post
Out of line but so out of character for Matt. Unfortunately people who don't watch him regularly will label him based on one moment. I'd rather he be known for who I believe he really is.
That's where I am. This is not Matty, not even a little bit, and yet now he's going to be "dirty" because he did this in the playoffs. It's such a shame that one of our most honest players will never again be seen as such by anyone but us.

And for the record I think it deserved at least 2 or 3 games.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 11:01 AM
CPTN71
NO SPIN

vCash: 50
Is what it is.. we'll definitely miss him on the PK.

CPTN71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 12:21 PM
Cyclones Rock

Has been offensively useful in brief playoff history-3g 2a in 8 career playoff games.

No big deal. He got pissed and did something which he probably should have known would cost him. I'm sure he'll adjust in the future.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote