HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2017, 07:39 PM
  #476
Saad Panda
Registered User
 
Saad Panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 11,819
vCash: 500
Delete, can't be giving my secrets away to everyone

Saad Panda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2017, 08:10 PM
  #477
IndyDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Taking one last shot at selling these here before I list them on the Ticketmaster resale site. These are Game 4, Tuesday April 18.

To help facilitate the sale, I will absorb my original Ticketmaster fees and drop the price to face value ($125 per ticket). Total $250 for both tickets. This is less than the price for lowers on any of the ticket resale sites.

Will put them on Ticketmaster later this evening if not sold

Thanks
Tickets have been sold through Ticketmaster resale.

Adding the comments below for the benefit of anyone who is not familar with how the resale site works as far as seller fees. Also as my support for what I see as a very weak resale market right now.

I Took a bit of a bath on them thanks to the Ticketmaster fees. I paid $125 plus $12 for tickets. I priced them as the lowest price lower level seats since there were several single letter rows available priced at $129 in a similar corner location as my tickets.

LIsted price on my tickets was $126.50. I get $110 as Ticketmaster keep $16.50 per ticket. The buyer ended up paying around $18 per ticket fees.

So I eat $54 on two tickets. Ticketmaster makes around $90 on selling two tickets twice. TM is always the big winner.

At the $125 face value, the list price for the seller to get the $125 back is $143. Anyone selling lower for less than that is losing money on their tickets. If want back your original Tickemaster fees, your list price is probablly around $160 per ticket.

Bottom line - looks like very weak demand right now. A win in Pittsburgh will change that, but when I bought the tickets without knowing the schedule, I thought I would at least break even. I just look at is as addg in my $54 to part of the cost of buying my game 3 tickets.

A question for partial season ticket holders (10 game plan people). What playoff games did you have to pay fees on? I know you were entitled to one game. Did you get charged Ticketmaster fees on those? What about any extra games you bought? As I consider a ten game plan next year, just another part of the puzzle.

Thanks to all.

IndyDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2017, 09:57 PM
  #478
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Tickets have been sold through Ticketmaster resale.

Adding the comments below for the benefit of anyone who is not familar with how the resale site works as far as seller fees. Also as my support for what I see as a very weak resale market right now.

I Took a bit of a bath on them thanks to the Ticketmaster fees. I paid $125 plus $12 for tickets. I priced them as the lowest price lower level seats since there were several single letter rows available priced at $129 in a similar corner location as my tickets.

LIsted price on my tickets was $126.50. I get $110 as Ticketmaster keep $16.50 per ticket. The buyer ended up paying around $18 per ticket fees.

So I eat $54 on two tickets. Ticketmaster makes around $90 on selling two tickets twice. TM is always the big winner.

At the $125 face value, the list price for the seller to get the $125 back is $143. Anyone selling lower for less than that is losing money on their tickets. If want back your original Tickemaster fees, your list price is probablly around $160 per ticket.

Bottom line - looks like very weak demand right now. A win in Pittsburgh will change that, but when I bought the tickets without knowing the schedule, I thought I would at least break even. I just look at is as addg in my $54 to part of the cost of buying my game 3 tickets.

A question for partial season ticket holders (10 game plan people). What playoff games did you have to pay fees on? I know you were entitled to one game. Did you get charged Ticketmaster fees on those? What about any extra games you bought? As I consider a ten game plan next year, just another part of the puzzle.

Thanks to all.

Interesting. If we had a functional anti trust division in the Dept of Justice, ticketmaster would be declared a monopoly and appropriate action taken. ***not directed at any administration as this has been the case since the 1980s***. It's ridiculous how much their vigorish is on ticket sales and the fees that they charge. It's good to be a monopoly

Have PMd secret free parking info.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 02:04 PM
  #479
CBJBuckeye68
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBuckeye68 View Post
I have two game 3 tickets that I am unable to use as it is Easter Sunday. They are section 205 Row M. I am looking for two game 4 tickets and would be willing to trade/transfer via Ticketmaster. Message if interested. Thanks!

Still looking to trade or sell these tickets, message if interested!

CBJBuckeye68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 02:19 PM
  #480
CarolinaBlueJacket
Registered User
 
CarolinaBlueJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Tickets have been sold through Ticketmaster resale.

Adding the comments below for the benefit of anyone who is not familar with how the resale site works as far as seller fees. Also as my support for what I see as a very weak resale market right now.

I Took a bit of a bath on them thanks to the Ticketmaster fees. I paid $125 plus $12 for tickets. I priced them as the lowest price lower level seats since there were several single letter rows available priced at $129 in a similar corner location as my tickets.

LIsted price on my tickets was $126.50. I get $110 as Ticketmaster keep $16.50 per ticket. The buyer ended up paying around $18 per ticket fees.

So I eat $54 on two tickets. Ticketmaster makes around $90 on selling two tickets twice. TM is always the big winner.

At the $125 face value, the list price for the seller to get the $125 back is $143. Anyone selling lower for less than that is losing money on their tickets. If want back your original Tickemaster fees, your list price is probablly around $160 per ticket.

Bottom line - looks like very weak demand right now. A win in Pittsburgh will change that, but when I bought the tickets without knowing the schedule, I thought I would at least break even. I just look at is as addg in my $54 to part of the cost of buying my game 3 tickets.

A question for partial season ticket holders (10 game plan people). What playoff games did you have to pay fees on? I know you were entitled to one game. Did you get charged Ticketmaster fees on those? What about any extra games you bought? As I consider a ten game plan next year, just another part of the puzzle.

Thanks to all.
Damn I hate TM. Their fees drive me nuts. I feel your pain. I think we have all been there and what really sucks is that the buyer is not really getting a bargain. As you said its TM that makes out like bandits. Its best just to move on and not think about it.

Is Stubhub any better? I assume you tried craigslist and ebay?

CarolinaBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2017, 02:35 PM
  #481
IndyDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlueJacket View Post
Damn I hate TM. Their fees drive me nuts. I feel your pain. I think we have all been there and what really sucks is that the buyer is not really getting a bargain. As you said its TM that makes out like bandits. Its best just to move on and not think about it.

Is Stubhub any better? I assume you tried craigslist and ebay?
When I looked at Stub Hub, seller fees are 15%. TM actually took less (13%).

I didn't bother with Craigslist being in Indy and EBay may have saved me some money on fees, but I didn't feel like waiting an auction out. Overall I went with Ticketmaster since that's where the CBJ would direct you - I figured that would have largest audience.

I remember *****ing about Ticketron fees was back in the 70's when I would go stand in line at Sears or Strouss in Southern Park Mall in Youngstown to buy Cavs tickets - I was probably paying $3 in fees on a $12 ticket back then.

I felt like a ticket broker yesterday. I have tickets to the Indy Grand Prix road course race at IMS each year. I can't go this year because my niece is graduating college. I actually sold those tickets yesterday - I had written off selling them and figured I would end up giving them away, so once I deduct what I got out of that sale and apply it here, I've convinced myself that I broke even on expectations with the race and hockey tickets. lol

What I will say is that if anyone can swing a deal with a board member for tickets, you are both likely to come out ahead in the long run versus selling them here. As the example above shows, lot of fees to avoid if you do it this way.

Turned the page here - ready to go home and watch a win tonight and have a great time on Sunday. My son and I are debating coming over early to watch some of the Clippers game before we head in to Nationwide.

IndyDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 01:00 AM
  #482
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
When I looked at Stub Hub, seller fees are 15%. TM actually took less (13%).

I didn't bother with Craigslist being in Indy and EBay may have saved me some money on fees, but I didn't feel like waiting an auction out. Overall I went with Ticketmaster since that's where the CBJ would direct you - I figured that would have largest audience.

I remember *****ing about Ticketron fees was back in the 70's when I would go stand in line at Sears or Strouss in Southern Park Mall in Youngstown to buy Cavs tickets - I was probably paying $3 in fees on a $12 ticket back then.

I felt like a ticket broker yesterday. I have tickets to the Indy Grand Prix road course race at IMS each year. I can't go this year because my niece is graduating college. I actually sold those tickets yesterday - I had written off selling them and figured I would end up giving them away, so once I deduct what I got out of that sale and apply it here, I've convinced myself that I broke even on expectations with the race and hockey tickets. lol

What I will say is that if anyone can swing a deal with a board member for tickets, you are both likely to come out ahead in the long run versus selling them here. As the example above shows, lot of fees to avoid if you do it this way.

Turned the page here - ready to go home and watch a win tonight and have a great time on Sunday. My son and I are debating coming over early to watch some of the Clippers game before we head in to Nationwide.
Do you attend the 500 as well?

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 09:19 AM
  #483
IndyDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
Do you attend the 500 as well?
Yes I do. As a matter fact my tickets for this year's race arrived this week as well. A ticket broker indeed

Started going to the 500 8 years ago when my son finally expressed an interest his freshman year in high school. We had done a couple of the F1 races when he was younger (less crowds) Now we try to go to a couple of other Indy Car races as well. Been to Iowa and Road America the last few years and Mid-Ohio and Gateway are possibilities this summer.

I rely on the resale market for 500 tickets. I don't have the patience to wait the 25-30 years or so it would take to get good seats for the 500. got my tickets this year from a Track Forum message board. Paid $25 over face for Penthouse A. The only account I have with IMS for the 500 is for a Parking Pass in the Main Gate lot.

Do you go to the 500?

IndyDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 11:11 AM
  #484
Kentucky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
I just bit the bullet and bought a ticket for the game on Sunday! I'll be driving up solo from Louisville KY. Can't wait!

Kentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 11:32 AM
  #485
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Yes I do. As a matter fact my tickets for this year's race arrived this week as well. A ticket broker indeed

Started going to the 500 8 years ago when my son finally expressed an interest his freshman year in high school. We had done a couple of the F1 races when he was younger (less crowds) Now we try to go to a couple of other Indy Car races as well. Been to Iowa and Road America the last few years and Mid-Ohio and Gateway are possibilities this summer.

I rely on the resale market for 500 tickets. I don't have the patience to wait the 25-30 years or so it would take to get good seats for the 500. got my tickets this year from a Track Forum message board. Paid $25 over face for Penthouse A. The only account I have with IMS for the 500 is for a Parking Pass in the Main Gate lot.

Do you go to the 500?
Yep. I buy my tix through IMS. I'm in a double letter row in A stand after beginning on the north end of Tower Terrace the year the split ended (began attending as a replacement for the Cleveland GP).


Last edited by Jackets Woodchuck: 04-13-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 12:18 PM
  #486
CarolinaBlueJacket
Registered User
 
CarolinaBlueJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
When I looked at Stub Hub, seller fees are 15%. TM actually took less (13%).

I didn't bother with Craigslist being in Indy and EBay may have saved me some money on fees, but I didn't feel like waiting an auction out. Overall I went with Ticketmaster since that's where the CBJ would direct you - I figured that would have largest audience.

I remember *****ing about Ticketron fees was back in the 70's when I would go stand in line at Sears or Strouss in Southern Park Mall in Youngstown to buy Cavs tickets - I was probably paying $3 in fees on a $12 ticket back then.

I felt like a ticket broker yesterday. I have tickets to the Indy Grand Prix road course race at IMS each year. I can't go this year because my niece is graduating college. I actually sold those tickets yesterday - I had written off selling them and figured I would end up giving them away, so once I deduct what I got out of that sale and apply it here, I've convinced myself that I broke even on expectations with the race and hockey tickets. lol

What I will say is that if anyone can swing a deal with a board member for tickets, you are both likely to come out ahead in the long run versus selling them here. As the example above shows, lot of fees to avoid if you do it this way.

Turned the page here - ready to go home and watch a win tonight and have a great time on Sunday. My son and I are debating coming over early to watch some of the Clippers game before we head in to Nationwide.
Have fun at the game(s)

CarolinaBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 03:52 PM
  #487
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax
 
MoeBartoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Tickets have been sold through Ticketmaster resale.

Adding the comments below for the benefit of anyone who is not familar with how the resale site works as far as seller fees. Also as my support for what I see as a very weak resale market right now.

I Took a bit of a bath on them thanks to the Ticketmaster fees. I paid $125 plus $12 for tickets. I priced them as the lowest price lower level seats since there were several single letter rows available priced at $129 in a similar corner location as my tickets.

LIsted price on my tickets was $126.50. I get $110 as Ticketmaster keep $16.50 per ticket. The buyer ended up paying around $18 per ticket fees.

So I eat $54 on two tickets. Ticketmaster makes around $90 on selling two tickets twice. TM is always the big winner.

At the $125 face value, the list price for the seller to get the $125 back is $143. Anyone selling lower for less than that is losing money on their tickets. If want back your original Tickemaster fees, your list price is probablly around $160 per ticket.

Bottom line - looks like very weak demand right now. A win in Pittsburgh will change that, but when I bought the tickets without knowing the schedule, I thought I would at least break even. I just look at is as addg in my $54 to part of the cost of buying my game 3 tickets.

A question for partial season ticket holders (10 game plan people). What playoff games did you have to pay fees on? I know you were entitled to one game. Did you get charged Ticketmaster fees on those? What about any extra games you bought? As I consider a ten game plan next year, just another part of the puzzle.

Thanks to all.
Ticketmaster represents bad capitalism - and I'm a capitalist. Cyclone Rocks hit it on the head about the Justice Dept turning a blind eye to this monopoly.

As an aside, I saw your tix post just a half hour after buying a pair from Vivid (more fees of course). I wish I'd have checked here first and saved us both from fee gouge.

MoeBartoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 03:57 PM
  #488
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.
 
spintheblackcircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 47,030
vCash: 500
Anyone see the new design for North Market?

35 story mixed use....glass atrium where the open parking lot is now connecting that building to the market


__________________
Changes come. Keep your dignity. Take the high road. Take it like a man.
spintheblackcircle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2017, 08:25 PM
  #489
IndyDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
Yep. I buy my tix through IMS. I'm in a double letter row in A stand after beginning on the north end of Tower Terrace the year the split ended (began attending as a replacement for the Cleveland GP).
That's some decent progress in moving up.

My issue is that the first year we went, it was a last minute decision. Father of one of the seniors on my son's high school baseball team said he would get me set up with tickets. Couple of days later I go pick up two Paddock Penthouse tickets. Once you sit somewhere upstairs it gets hard to move back once we decide we like to see as much of the track as we can and enjoy watching the pits. We are in A Penthouse this year, down near B Penthouse. We've been in Paddock PH, A PH or B PH 7 of the 8 years we went. Paid $25 over face this year, so I'm pleased with that. Got NE Vista the year RHR won. Great seats, loved the view of seeing three turns. But I'm too old and too fat to spend all day in the sun and those seats lacked leg room and we missed seeing the pit road action. For my money still the favorite event of the year - although Game 7 in the Cup Finals at Nationwide would quickly replace that.

IndyDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2017, 02:02 PM
  #490
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,811
vCash: 500
There still are tickets available via ticketmaster, and I'll assume the Nationwide box office, for today's game.

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/stanley...4&minorcatid=9

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.