HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Manitoba Moose 2016-2017 Season (Part VII)

Old
04-16-2017, 07:36 AM
ps241
.915 please Steve

vCash: 50
That Connor goal was a beauty, he is so lethal and more of a quick strike type. He is going to benefit greatly playing on the same team as Laine because it's going to be a nightmare trying to stop both natural goal scorers.

Our ability to put the puck in the net with Laine, Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor, and Wheeler will be intimidating. I also see a Roslovic with the skill level to hang with these five within two seasons. Now spread these six out and sprinkle in Little and some of our other boys and you could construct an amazing top 9.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 12:43 PM
ICdave

vCash: 500

Audio: Cormier, Roslovic, Connor, Comrie, De Leo, Lemieux, Harkins, Kichton, Nogier, Czuczhman, Kramer, Strait, Howden and Lipon.

To listen click here.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 02:10 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICdave View Post

Audio: Cormier, Roslovic, Connor, Comrie, De Leo, Lemieux, Harkins, Kichton, Nogier, Czuczhman, Kramer, Strait, Howden and Lipon.

To listen click here.
Thanks for this!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 02:47 PM
ICdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Thanks for this!
You're welcome. Coach is upcoming.

Old
04-17-2017, 02:47 PM
ICdave

Coach Vincent end of season scrum topics: On the game misconduct he received in the last game of the season. On the effort in the final game from the players. How does he assess his first year as Moose head coach? On the 13 players who went up to the Jets this season. On the 13 ECHL players he had playing for him this season. On a winning formula for an AHL squad. Development of Kyle Connor. On what the veterans have meant for this team. On what he got with Kevin Czuczman. On the struggles of the penalty kill this season. On the play of Eric Comrie. Any memorable moments in his first season as head coach? What will he work on as a coach this summer? Does he take any time off? On the development of Jack Roslovic. On the season of Scott Kosmachuk. His thoughts on Patrcie Cormier as captain. Which player stood out the most for him?

To listen click here.

Old
04-17-2017, 02:59 PM
csk

Do people think Cormier will be back next year? If not, who do you think the next captain will be?

csk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 03:14 PM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by csk View Post
Do people think Cormier will be back next year? If not, who do you think the next captain will be?
I think he'll be back, and I don't have a problem with that.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 03:15 PM
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICdave View Post

Coach Vincent end of season scrum topics: On the game misconduct he received in the last game of the season. On the effort in the final game from the players. How does he assess his first year as Moose head coach? On the 13 players who went up to the Jets this season. On the 13 ECHL players he had playing for him this season. On a winning formula for an AHL squad. Development of Kyle Connor. On what the veterans have meant for this team. On what he got with Kevin Czuczman. On the struggles of the penalty kill this season. On the play of Eric Comrie. Any memorable moments in his first season as head coach? What will he work on as a coach this summer? Does he take any time off? On the development of Jack Roslovic. On the season of Scott Kosmachuk. His thoughts on Patrcie Cormier as captain. Which player stood out the most for him?

To listen click here.
Pascal Vincent definitely looks like the smartest guy in the Jets org for jumping before he could dragged into the stench of this season on the big club.

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 03:19 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Pascal Vincent definitely looks like the smartest guy in the Jets org for jumping before he could dragged into the stench of this season on the big club.
Yeah, funny how he was blamed for much of the special teams problems and yet there hasn't been much if any improvement since he left.

I think he did a pretty good job this past year on the Moose given what he had to work with on the backend as well as being handicapped by Maurice's poor PK scheme.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 11:48 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Saw this on the Vegas board and again wished that our organization felt the same as McPhee.

https://sinbin.vegas/vegas-control-h...hicago-wolves/

Couple of notable quotes:

The ideal situation is to have an affiliate you can work well with and they make contributions and you make contributions and you build a real good team together. I like having a minor league club that wins. I think winning is a part of development. I like having young players in a winning environment. -George McPhee, General Manager

The minor league club pays us a fee and we supply the players and coaching staff and the minor league club runs the business side of the operation and we put the players and coaches in there and itís all about development and winning and they can both happen simultaneously. -McPhee

I mention this because I just got a cheery (maybe that should be chipper) email from a Moose rep trying to get me back into a mini-pack. One of the many benefits is "First opportunity to reserve Calder Cup Playoff Tickets". I feel like replying, show me a commitment to icing a competitive team and I might think about attending games again.

Old
04-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Saw this on the Vegas board and again wished that our organization felt the same as McPhee.

https://sinbin.vegas/vegas-control-h...hicago-wolves/

Couple of notable quotes:

The ideal situation is to have an affiliate you can work well with and they make contributions and you make contributions and you build a real good team together. I like having a minor league club that wins. I think winning is a part of development. I like having young players in a winning environment. -George McPhee, General Manager

The minor league club pays us a fee and we supply the players and coaching staff and the minor league club runs the business side of the operation and we put the players and coaches in there and itís all about development and winning and they can both happen simultaneously. -McPhee

I mention this because I just got a cheery (maybe that should be chipper) email from a Moose rep trying to get me back into a mini-pack. One of the many benefits is "First opportunity to reserve Calder Cup Playoff Tickets". I feel like replying, show me a commitment to icing a competitive team and I might think about attending games again.
McPhee is talking about an affiliated team, not one owned by the NHL parent.

I'm inclined to agree with what he said in the first para you quoted though. Not all out, win at any cost, neglect development, but generally try a lot harder to win than what the Moose have been doing.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 01:01 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
McPhee is talking about an affiliated team, not one owned by the NHL parent.

I'm inclined to agree with what he said in the first para you quoted though. Not all out, win at any cost, neglect development, but generally try a lot harder to win than what the Moose have been doing.
They just need to correctly identify vet dmen this year and the team should be competetive.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 02:13 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
They just need to correctly identify vet dmen this year and the team should be competetive.
Yup. It doesn't have to take a lot.

Old
05-14-2017, 05:43 PM
trebendan

Is VGK going to have a team in the AHL for 17-18? If not, should the Moose offer to take some of their prospects?

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
Is VGK going to have a team in the AHL for 17-18? If not, should the Moose offer to take some of their prospects?
The AHL announced a new division alignment with only 30 teams. So it would seem they will not have their own affiliate in year one.

It's not clear which AHL team(s) they will partner with. I doubt it's with an NHL owned team like ours. They will soon need their own affiliate though and this new alignment makes it easy to add a team to the western conference. I think it will happen next season.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Evil Little

vCash: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
The AHL announced a new division alignment with only 30 teams. So it would seem they will not have their own affiliate in year one.

It's not clear which AHL team(s) they will partner with. I doubt it's with an NHL owned team like ours. They will soon need their own affiliate though and this new alignment makes it easy to add a team to the western conference. I think it will happen next season.
So the GK are affiliated with the Chicago Wolves and the Blues are now the team without AHL affiliation, but will supply their players to the Wolves in the meantime.

I imagine it will go this way for a few years, then when GK have enough AHL talent, they'll affiliate with a new team in California. The Blues may even get the Wolves back at that point.

It makes sense that GK would have an affiliation because they'll be taking now players in just the expansion draft than they can have on their roster.

Evil Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Daximus
Aces Charles

What kidn of roster are we likely looking at for the moose next year?

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 01:26 AM
DRC
George Jets son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
What kidn of roster are we likely looking at for the moose next year?
Comrie
Poolman Nogier
Niku ... ? I think for start

DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Comrie
Poolman Nogier
Niku ... ? I think for start
Spacek too.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
Lemiuex,Harkins,Lodge,Kostalek,De Leo and Phillips are also still under contract

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Samus

A basic guess on my part

Goal
Eric Comrie/Michael Hutchinson platoon
Jamie Phillips (ECHL)

Defense:
Melchiori - Poolman
Niku - Nogier
Stoykewych (AHL FA) - Czuczman (AHL FA)
Kostalek
Kulevich (AHL FA)

Brian Strait (UFA)
Brenden Kichton (UFA)
Jake Baker (AHL FA)
Tyson Wilson (AHL FA)

Forward:
Howden (RFA) - Roslovic - Kosmachuk (RFA)
De Leo - De Salvo (AHL FA) - Spacek
Lemieux - Harkins - Lipon (RFA)
Beauvillier (AHL FA) - Cormier (AHL FA) - Lodge

Glennie (AHL FA)
Olsen (RFA)
Peluso (UFA)
Kramer (AHL FA)
Denham (AHL FA)

I can see some of the group of Czuczman/Stoykewych/Kulevich/De Salvo/Beauvillier/Cormier/Glennie/Denham (Injured last year) all back under the right circumstances. Obviously very likely a new face or too as well.

Samus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2017, 08:34 AM
trebendan

According to this twitter account - https://twitter.com/DLCoulisses - Francis Beauvillier will re-sign with the Moose.

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2017, 06:43 AM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

vCash: 279
Can't hate the signing. Depth is always good on the farm.

CorgisPer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2017, 10:23 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
According to this twitter account - https://twitter.com/DLCoulisses - Francis Beauvillier will re-sign with the Moose.
Sorry, when I hear that name, all I can think of is Aunt Bee from Mayberry.

Old
06-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Sorry, when I hear that name, all I can think of is Aunt Bee from Mayberry.

90% of posters here
Dated yourself just a bit there nobody.