HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Manitoba Moose 2016-2017 Season (Part VII)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2017, 07:36 AM
  #451
ps241
.915 please Steve
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,602
vCash: 50
That Connor goal was a beauty, he is so lethal and more of a quick strike type. He is going to benefit greatly playing on the same team as Laine because it's going to be a nightmare trying to stop both natural goal scorers.

Our ability to put the puck in the net with Laine, Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor, and Wheeler will be intimidating. I also see a Roslovic with the skill level to hang with these five within two seasons. Now spread these six out and sprinkle in Little and some of our other boys and you could construct an amazing top 9.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 12:43 PM
  #452
ICdave
Registered User
 
ICdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,329
vCash: 500


Audio: Cormier, Roslovic, Connor, Comrie, De Leo, Lemieux, Harkins, Kichton, Nogier, Czuczhman, Kramer, Strait, Howden and Lipon.

To listen click here.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 02:10 PM
  #453
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICdave View Post


Audio: Cormier, Roslovic, Connor, Comrie, De Leo, Lemieux, Harkins, Kichton, Nogier, Czuczhman, Kramer, Strait, Howden and Lipon.

To listen click here.
Thanks for this!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 02:47 PM
  #454
ICdave
Registered User
 
ICdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Thanks for this!
You're welcome. Coach is upcoming.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 02:47 PM
  #455
ICdave
Registered User
 
ICdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,329
vCash: 500


Coach Vincent end of season scrum topics: On the game misconduct he received in the last game of the season. On the effort in the final game from the players. How does he assess his first year as Moose head coach? On the 13 players who went up to the Jets this season. On the 13 ECHL players he had playing for him this season. On a winning formula for an AHL squad. Development of Kyle Connor. On what the veterans have meant for this team. On what he got with Kevin Czuczman. On the struggles of the penalty kill this season. On the play of Eric Comrie. Any memorable moments in his first season as head coach? What will he work on as a coach this summer? Does he take any time off? On the development of Jack Roslovic. On the season of Scott Kosmachuk. His thoughts on Patrcie Cormier as captain. Which player stood out the most for him?

To listen click here.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 02:59 PM
  #456
csk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
Do people think Cormier will be back next year? If not, who do you think the next captain will be?

csk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 03:14 PM
  #457
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by csk View Post
Do people think Cormier will be back next year? If not, who do you think the next captain will be?
I think he'll be back, and I don't have a problem with that.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 03:15 PM
  #458
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICdave View Post


Coach Vincent end of season scrum topics: On the game misconduct he received in the last game of the season. On the effort in the final game from the players. How does he assess his first year as Moose head coach? On the 13 players who went up to the Jets this season. On the 13 ECHL players he had playing for him this season. On a winning formula for an AHL squad. Development of Kyle Connor. On what the veterans have meant for this team. On what he got with Kevin Czuczman. On the struggles of the penalty kill this season. On the play of Eric Comrie. Any memorable moments in his first season as head coach? What will he work on as a coach this summer? Does he take any time off? On the development of Jack Roslovic. On the season of Scott Kosmachuk. His thoughts on Patrcie Cormier as captain. Which player stood out the most for him?

To listen click here.
Pascal Vincent definitely looks like the smartest guy in the Jets org for jumping before he could dragged into the stench of this season on the big club.

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 03:19 PM
  #459
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Pascal Vincent definitely looks like the smartest guy in the Jets org for jumping before he could dragged into the stench of this season on the big club.
Yeah, funny how he was blamed for much of the special teams problems and yet there hasn't been much if any improvement since he left.

I think he did a pretty good job this past year on the Moose given what he had to work with on the backend as well as being handicapped by Maurice's poor PK scheme.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 11:48 AM
  #460
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 500
Saw this on the Vegas board and again wished that our organization felt the same as McPhee.

https://sinbin.vegas/vegas-control-h...hicago-wolves/

Couple of notable quotes:

The ideal situation is to have an affiliate you can work well with and they make contributions and you make contributions and you build a real good team together. I like having a minor league club that wins. I think winning is a part of development. I like having young players in a winning environment. -George McPhee, General Manager

The minor league club pays us a fee and we supply the players and coaching staff and the minor league club runs the business side of the operation and we put the players and coaches in there and itís all about development and winning and they can both happen simultaneously. -McPhee


I mention this because I just got a cheery (maybe that should be chipper) email from a Moose rep trying to get me back into a mini-pack. One of the many benefits is "First opportunity to reserve Calder Cup Playoff Tickets". I feel like replying, show me a commitment to icing a competitive team and I might think about attending games again.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 12:33 PM
  #461
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,186
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Saw this on the Vegas board and again wished that our organization felt the same as McPhee.

https://sinbin.vegas/vegas-control-h...hicago-wolves/

Couple of notable quotes:

The ideal situation is to have an affiliate you can work well with and they make contributions and you make contributions and you build a real good team together. I like having a minor league club that wins. I think winning is a part of development. I like having young players in a winning environment. -George McPhee, General Manager

The minor league club pays us a fee and we supply the players and coaching staff and the minor league club runs the business side of the operation and we put the players and coaches in there and itís all about development and winning and they can both happen simultaneously. -McPhee


I mention this because I just got a cheery (maybe that should be chipper) email from a Moose rep trying to get me back into a mini-pack. One of the many benefits is "First opportunity to reserve Calder Cup Playoff Tickets". I feel like replying, show me a commitment to icing a competitive team and I might think about attending games again.
McPhee is talking about an affiliated team, not one owned by the NHL parent.

I'm inclined to agree with what he said in the first para you quoted though. Not all out, win at any cost, neglect development, but generally try a lot harder to win than what the Moose have been doing.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 01:01 PM
  #462
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
McPhee is talking about an affiliated team, not one owned by the NHL parent.

I'm inclined to agree with what he said in the first para you quoted though. Not all out, win at any cost, neglect development, but generally try a lot harder to win than what the Moose have been doing.
They just need to correctly identify vet dmen this year and the team should be competetive.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 02:13 PM
  #463
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,186
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
They just need to correctly identify vet dmen this year and the team should be competetive.
Yup. It doesn't have to take a lot.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 05:43 PM
  #464
trebendan
Registered User
 
trebendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
Is VGK going to have a team in the AHL for 17-18? If not, should the Moose offer to take some of their prospects?

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 11:50 AM
  #465
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,784
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
Is VGK going to have a team in the AHL for 17-18? If not, should the Moose offer to take some of their prospects?
The AHL announced a new division alignment with only 30 teams. So it would seem they will not have their own affiliate in year one.

It's not clear which AHL team(s) they will partner with. I doubt it's with an NHL owned team like ours. They will soon need their own affiliate though and this new alignment makes it easy to add a team to the western conference. I think it will happen next season.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 07:51 PM
  #466
Evil Little
Registered User
 
Evil Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,344
vCash: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
The AHL announced a new division alignment with only 30 teams. So it would seem they will not have their own affiliate in year one.

It's not clear which AHL team(s) they will partner with. I doubt it's with an NHL owned team like ours. They will soon need their own affiliate though and this new alignment makes it easy to add a team to the western conference. I think it will happen next season.
So the GK are affiliated with the Chicago Wolves and the Blues are now the team without AHL affiliation, but will supply their players to the Wolves in the meantime.

I imagine it will go this way for a few years, then when GK have enough AHL talent, they'll affiliate with a new team in California. The Blues may even get the Wolves back at that point.

It makes sense that GK would have an affiliation because they'll be taking now players in just the expansion draft than they can have on their roster.

Evil Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 08:05 PM
  #467
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,937
vCash: 50
What kidn of roster are we likely looking at for the moose next year?

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 01:26 AM
  #468
DRC
George Jets son
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 356
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
What kidn of roster are we likely looking at for the moose next year?
Comrie
Poolman Nogier
Niku ... ? I think for start

DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 01:27 AM
  #469
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,937
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Comrie
Poolman Nogier
Niku ... ? I think for start
Spacek too.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 09:43 AM
  #470
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,077
vCash: 777
Lemiuex,Harkins,Lodge,Kostalek,De Leo and Phillips are also still under contract

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2017, 09:32 AM
  #471
Samus
Registered User
 
Samus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
A basic guess on my part

Goal
Eric Comrie/Michael Hutchinson platoon
Jamie Phillips (ECHL)

Defense:
Melchiori - Poolman
Niku - Nogier
Stoykewych (AHL FA) - Czuczman (AHL FA)
Kostalek
Kulevich (AHL FA)

Brian Strait (UFA)
Brenden Kichton (UFA)
Jake Baker (AHL FA)
Tyson Wilson (AHL FA)

Forward:
Howden (RFA) - Roslovic - Kosmachuk (RFA)
De Leo - De Salvo (AHL FA) - Spacek
Lemieux - Harkins - Lipon (RFA)
Beauvillier (AHL FA) - Cormier (AHL FA) - Lodge

Glennie (AHL FA)
Olsen (RFA)
Peluso (UFA)
Kramer (AHL FA)
Denham (AHL FA)

I can see some of the group of Czuczman/Stoykewych/Kulevich/De Salvo/Beauvillier/Cormier/Glennie/Denham (Injured last year) all back under the right circumstances. Obviously very likely a new face or too as well.

Samus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2017, 08:34 AM
  #472
trebendan
Registered User
 
trebendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
According to this twitter account - https://twitter.com/DLCoulisses - Francis Beauvillier will re-sign with the Moose.

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2017, 06:43 AM
  #473
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net
 
CorgisPer60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Please Understand
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,079
vCash: 279
Can't hate the signing. Depth is always good on the farm.

CorgisPer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2017, 10:23 AM
  #474
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
According to this twitter account - https://twitter.com/DLCoulisses - Francis Beauvillier will re-sign with the Moose.
Sorry, when I hear that name, all I can think of is Aunt Bee from Mayberry.


nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2017, 10:33 AM
  #475
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,186
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Sorry, when I hear that name, all I can think of is Aunt Bee from Mayberry.

90% of posters here
Dated yourself just a bit there nobody.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.