HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Cleveland Monsters Thread VI (All Affiliate talk here)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2017, 09:52 PM
  #876
SavesEmNot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spintheblackcircle View Post
Overtime, Charlotte gets in, season over.

Wiz didn't help, he had 4 minor penalties for Chicago.
I knew he'd come back to haunt us, that *******.

No, in all seriousness, we can't be mad at other teams; the Monsters had a chance to seal the deal on their own last night. Instead, they lost 1-0 on home ice to a Manitoba team that finished with 29 wins (14 on the road) on the season.

This highlights one thing that irks me about this organization: we don't seem to win close races.

SavesEmNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 10:05 PM
  #877
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spintheblackcircle View Post
Overtime, Charlotte gets in, season over.

Wiz didn't help, he had 4 minor penalties for Chicago.
Sounds like he helped about as much as his -7 in the 2014 playoffs.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 09:01 AM
  #878
rabinsurance
Registered User
 
rabinsurance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quite frankly, the last game Friday was a microcosm of the entire season. Playing down to an inferior opponent, unable to score, getting badly out-coached (even when the opposing coach was ejected!). They did not deserve to back into the playoffs.

This season's fate was sealed in the off season when Jamo and Zito sat on their hands and din nothing to re-stock the team after the inevitable talent drain that happened. The amount of guys coming in on PTO's was embarrassing. But when they had to make their biggest move, the head coach, they hired a guy who was completely clueless to the job of being a head coach. A guy who, according to the word coming from the room, completely alienated the players. Whereas Bednar used a system that was very discernible, this team looked like a pond hockey team on most nights. The pro scouts that come in on a regular basis, to a man, all shook their heads at how undisciplined this team was, and felt that many players actually regressed this year. I really hope that Zito realizes that his one big move was a huge failure and will make a badly needed change. But I highly doubt that, because if you've ever talked to him, he is an egotistical blow-hard. He always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he couldn't be more wrong.

rabinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 11:38 AM
  #879
Matt Foley
Regular Season Stud
 
Matt Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Playoff Weakling
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinsurance View Post
Quite frankly, the last game Friday was a microcosm of the entire season. Playing down to an inferior opponent, unable to score, getting badly out-coached (even when the opposing coach was ejected!). They did not deserve to back into the playoffs.

This season's fate was sealed in the off season when Jamo and Zito sat on their hands and din nothing to re-stock the team after the inevitable talent drain that happened. The amount of guys coming in on PTO's was embarrassing. But when they had to make their biggest move, the head coach, they hired a guy who was completely clueless to the job of being a head coach. A guy who, according to the word coming from the room, completely alienated the players. Whereas Bednar used a system that was very discernible, this team looked like a pond hockey team on most nights. The pro scouts that come in on a regular basis, to a man, all shook their heads at how undisciplined this team was, and felt that many players actually regressed this year. I really hope that Zito realizes that his one big move was a huge failure and will make a badly needed change. But I highly doubt that, because if you've ever talked to him, he is an egotistical blow-hard. He always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he couldn't be more wrong.
In all fairness to the CBJ organization, they had to replace Bodnar fairly late in the off-season because Colorado had to replace Patrick Roy who left Colorado.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 12:18 PM
  #880
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Also, the PTOs were due in large part to a large number of injuries hitting both teams at once.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 04:19 PM
  #881
hardkorejackets
Registered User
 
hardkorejackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coldwater, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 420
vCash: 678
I guess the Jacket's could have stocked the minor leagues a bit better in signing a 1-2 year contract AHL guy or two to help cover the amount of people they were going to lose this year.. Actually surprised they didn't. They graduated or lost a ton of players from last year's championship team to the NHL in this organization. It might have helped them to get into the playoffs this year, but not pay much dividend into our "prospects"..

I can't comment on John Madden.. The team did come together pretty well the last 3 weeks of the season (also corresponding with a good AHL center, Zac Dalpe).

Hopefully the Monster's look better next year, when the Jackets can send some forwards to the AHL in Kolesar, Thurkauf, Sherwood, with possibly Gavrikov coming over on Defense.

hardkorejackets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 04:36 PM
  #882
rabinsurance
Registered User
 
rabinsurance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
In all fairness to the CBJ organization, they had to replace Bodnar fairly late in the off-season because Colorado had to replace Patrick Roy who left Colorado.
Yeah, I'm WELL aware of that. But they took the "any port in the storm" mentality in hiring. There were reasons he was fired in Florida, and they did zero due diligence.

rabinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 05:55 PM
  #883
stevo61
Registered User
 
stevo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinsurance View Post
Yeah, I'm WELL aware of that. But they took the "any port in the storm" mentality in hiring. There were reasons he was fired in Florida, and they did zero due diligence.
he ran a good defense and bad PK but saying he was fired for a reason only holds so much weight when its the Panthers considering their coaching and management moves in the last calender year

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 03:40 PM
  #884
rabinsurance
Registered User
 
rabinsurance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
From the opponent's lists that other teams have been posting, the Monsters will play all of the California teams (except Bakersfield) and Tucson 4 times next season, twice each at home and road. Don't think there are any games against the Eastern conference, Rochester shows Cleveland as a zero.

rabinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 05:45 PM
  #885
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinsurance View Post
the Monsters will play all of the California teams (except Bakersfield)
Yay! It's a pain to drive all the way from Ventura to Ontario, but it will be cool to see the Monsters.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 08:35 AM
  #886
DoggyII
Registered User
 
DoggyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Peterborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinsurance View Post
From the opponent's lists that other teams have been posting, the Monsters will play all of the California teams (except Bakersfield) and Tucson 4 times next season, twice each at home and road. Don't think there are any games against the Eastern conference, Rochester shows Cleveland as a zero.
Does this mean the California teams are finally going to play a full slate of regular season games?

DoggyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 10:19 AM
  #887
rabinsurance
Registered User
 
rabinsurance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyII View Post
Does this mean the California teams are finally going to play a full slate of regular season games?
Nope, still 68 for them, 76 for everyone else.

rabinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 10:47 AM
  #888
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Guaranteed dates:

October 7th (home opener) - home opener-palooza weekend in Ohio
December 8th
December 22nd
January 19th
January 27th
February 9th

All except the home opener and January 27th are Fridays, meaning Blue Jackets-themed jerseys.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 10:51 AM
  #889
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Season ticket info link:

https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/ti...rs-hockey-club


Last edited by Jackets Woodchuck: 06-28-2017 at 10:53 AM. Reason: deleted dead links
Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 12:04 AM
  #890
WubbaLubbaDubDub
Registered User
 
WubbaLubbaDubDub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8,067
vCash: 250
Looks like Cleveland is gonna have at least two quality USHL kids this season. Hopefully they both can shine!

WubbaLubbaDubDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2017, 02:45 PM
  #891
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
schedule news:

home opener (10/7) opponent is Rockford
at Manitoba (their home opener) on 10/13
full schedule tomorrow at 3:00

http://theahl.com/list-of-2017-18-home-openers-revealed

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 01:41 PM
  #892
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Season ticket pricing and info

https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/ti...rs-hockey-club

I'll post full package prices (website lists per game prices) in a minute.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 01:51 PM
  #893
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Full Package Prices - Platinum/Gold/Silver
Glass Seats (Row 1) - $2,508.00 /$1,470.00/$852.00
Action & Access (R2-3) - $1,558.00/$966.00/$564.00
Sideline Club (Row 15) - $1,520.00 (Platinum Only)
Center Ice/Clubs (R4-14/R16-24) - $1,254.00/$735.00/$444.00
Sideline/Clubs (R4-14/R25-30) - $1,178.00/$693.00/$408.00
Lower Corners - $912.00/$546.00/$324.00
Lower Ends (R17-25) - $722.00/$462.00/$276.00
Lower Ends (R26-30) - $646.00/$378.00/$228.00
Arena Corners (R26-30) - $380.00/$294.00/$180.00

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 02:04 PM
  #894
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Habemus schedule!

links forthcoming

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 02:05 PM
  #895
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
pdf with team by team schedules

http://kmdjr15omhn2w5r191hex041.wpen..._sked_team.pdf

Monsters on page 3

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 02:06 PM
  #896
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
No Monsters press release yet.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 02:10 PM
  #897
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Monsters press release:

https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/te...eason-schedule

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 02:12 PM
  #898
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
printable schedule

https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/sc...nload-or-print

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 04:23 PM
  #899
rabinsurance
Registered User
 
rabinsurance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
With the lack of Saturday night games, and all the Saturday afternoon, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday games, I conservatively predict that the average attendance will be lower by at least 1,000 a game this season. That and all the people who downsized from full to partial this season. They're probably going to paper the crap out of the place more than ever this year.

rabinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 07:42 PM
  #900
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,811
vCash: 500
CBJProspects
3 hrs
Weekend Monsters home games with no #CBJ home game
10/7 Rockford
10/22 San Jose
10/28 Ontario
11/18 Milwaukee
11/25 Texas
12/30 Grand Rapids
1/27 Iowa
2/3 Grand Rapids
3/4 Tucson
3/25 San Diego
4/8 San Antonio

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.