HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cleveland Monsters Thread VI (All Affiliate talk here)

Old
04-15-2017, 09:52 PM
SavesEmNot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spintheblackcircle View Post
Overtime, Charlotte gets in, season over.

Wiz didn't help, he had 4 minor penalties for Chicago.
I knew he'd come back to haunt us, that *******.

No, in all seriousness, we can't be mad at other teams; the Monsters had a chance to seal the deal on their own last night. Instead, they lost 1-0 on home ice to a Manitoba team that finished with 29 wins (14 on the road) on the season.

This highlights one thing that irks me about this organization: we don't seem to win close races.

SavesEmNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2017, 10:05 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spintheblackcircle View Post
Overtime, Charlotte gets in, season over.

Wiz didn't help, he had 4 minor penalties for Chicago.
Sounds like he helped about as much as his -7 in the 2014 playoffs.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 09:01 AM
rabinsurance

Quite frankly, the last game Friday was a microcosm of the entire season. Playing down to an inferior opponent, unable to score, getting badly out-coached (even when the opposing coach was ejected!). They did not deserve to back into the playoffs.

This season's fate was sealed in the off season when Jamo and Zito sat on their hands and din nothing to re-stock the team after the inevitable talent drain that happened. The amount of guys coming in on PTO's was embarrassing. But when they had to make their biggest move, the head coach, they hired a guy who was completely clueless to the job of being a head coach. A guy who, according to the word coming from the room, completely alienated the players. Whereas Bednar used a system that was very discernible, this team looked like a pond hockey team on most nights. The pro scouts that come in on a regular basis, to a man, all shook their heads at how undisciplined this team was, and felt that many players actually regressed this year. I really hope that Zito realizes that his one big move was a huge failure and will make a badly needed change. But I highly doubt that, because if you've ever talked to him, he is an egotistical blow-hard. He always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he couldn't be more wrong.

rabinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 11:38 AM
Matt Foley
Regular Season Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinsurance View Post
Quite frankly, the last game Friday was a microcosm of the entire season. Playing down to an inferior opponent, unable to score, getting badly out-coached (even when the opposing coach was ejected!). They did not deserve to back into the playoffs.

This season's fate was sealed in the off season when Jamo and Zito sat on their hands and din nothing to re-stock the team after the inevitable talent drain that happened. The amount of guys coming in on PTO's was embarrassing. But when they had to make their biggest move, the head coach, they hired a guy who was completely clueless to the job of being a head coach. A guy who, according to the word coming from the room, completely alienated the players. Whereas Bednar used a system that was very discernible, this team looked like a pond hockey team on most nights. The pro scouts that come in on a regular basis, to a man, all shook their heads at how undisciplined this team was, and felt that many players actually regressed this year. I really hope that Zito realizes that his one big move was a huge failure and will make a badly needed change. But I highly doubt that, because if you've ever talked to him, he is an egotistical blow-hard. He always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he couldn't be more wrong.
In all fairness to the CBJ organization, they had to replace Bodnar fairly late in the off-season because Colorado had to replace Patrick Roy who left Colorado.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Also, the PTOs were due in large part to a large number of injuries hitting both teams at once.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 04:19 PM
hardkorejackets

vCash: 678
I guess the Jacket's could have stocked the minor leagues a bit better in signing a 1-2 year contract AHL guy or two to help cover the amount of people they were going to lose this year.. Actually surprised they didn't. They graduated or lost a ton of players from last year's championship team to the NHL in this organization. It might have helped them to get into the playoffs this year, but not pay much dividend into our "prospects"..

I can't comment on John Madden.. The team did come together pretty well the last 3 weeks of the season (also corresponding with a good AHL center, Zac Dalpe).

Hopefully the Monster's look better next year, when the Jackets can send some forwards to the AHL in Kolesar, Thurkauf, Sherwood, with possibly Gavrikov coming over on Defense.

hardkorejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 04:36 PM
rabinsurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
In all fairness to the CBJ organization, they had to replace Bodnar fairly late in the off-season because Colorado had to replace Patrick Roy who left Colorado.
Yeah, I'm WELL aware of that. But they took the "any port in the storm" mentality in hiring. There were reasons he was fired in Florida, and they did zero due diligence.

rabinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 05:55 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinsurance View Post
Yeah, I'm WELL aware of that. But they took the "any port in the storm" mentality in hiring. There were reasons he was fired in Florida, and they did zero due diligence.
he ran a good defense and bad PK but saying he was fired for a reason only holds so much weight when its the Panthers considering their coaching and management moves in the last calender year

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote