HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theodore for the Hart Trophy

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2004, 09:34 PM
J-D

vCash: 500
My sarcasm detector has exploded.

Old
04-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
My sarcasm detector has exploded.

I don't think he's sarcastic... He's ben praising Jose forever.

Old
04-30-2004, 09:46 PM
J-D

I know, it was a sarcastic post demonstrating that his couldn't be taken too seriously, and therefore should be understood as a sarcastic post. Poison against poison. Sarcasm against sarcasm. Clever, huh?

Old
04-30-2004, 09:51 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
So, you're absolutely against Kovalev being re-signed and you think Theodore deserves the Hart.... Have you been taking your medications?
I think that's a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Even that is not true. With the season Luongo had, the Panthers would have made the playoffs if a goaltender by himself could get you in the playoffs.

Sure, in 01-02, Theodore was a BIG part of the success, but you also need to tip your hat to the players that had career years (a few of them) to help the team make it into the playoffs.

It doesn't surprise me though, because in Montreal we seem to give endless credit to the goaltender anytime we have some success.
That's another very good point. I also personally think that Luongo this year was better than Jose two years ago.

Old
04-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
A little too clever for my liking

Old
05-01-2004, 12:55 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
I think that's a good point.

That's another very good point. I also personally think that Luongo this year was better than Jose two years ago.
I agree. Theo two years ago had a terrible start to the season and a very mediocre first half altogether. I remember him blowing several shots early in the season that cost us games.

Then he really turned it on though in the second half. That was extraordinary.

We have to remember, Theo does not have a lot of experience because he was held back for so long and/or he wasn't quite ready. He's still growing into these pressure situations, even though he's 27.

I predict bigger things ahead for Theo, especially with Julien behind the bench. Our defense and team defense is going to get a lot better over the next couple years just because we have excellent people running the team now.

It will be interesting to see if Theodore really rises to the top of the league again. I think he will.

Old
05-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Theodore would probably be a better goalie if he gets a chance to play for another team. I think Gainey will try to move him this summer for a star dman.
interesting assomption...

Old
05-01-2004, 02:32 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I predict bigger things ahead for Theo, especially with Julien behind the bench. Our defense and team defense is going to get a lot better over the next couple years just because we have excellent people running the team now.
This year the habs went from one of the worst team at allowing scoring chances to a good one. And Theodore didn't really got better with that.

Old
05-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Ottawa, Vancouver??????maybe Vancouver for Jovocup. If Theo is moved the return will be huge!
I agree, I think we would do very well with a trade involving either of these teams and Theodore right now. Theodore is no more than an average goalie in this league. He is way too inconsistent. For example, he played one decent game out of 11 in the playoffs. This is simply not good enough! I'd say trade him and do it quickly while we can still get a good return for him before the rest of the league finds out just how average he really is.

Closed Thread