HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hitting Girls

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Last night in pickup I girl got a partial breakaway with me backchecking, and I held up a little because she was a girl. I still was able to get the puck though.

Old
03-15-2008, 08:41 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

vCash: 500
if you are going to hit a girl, you DO NOT give her a scott stevens, just ride her out along the boards

Old
03-15-2008, 08:52 PM
XweekendwarriorX

Girls have to know by the time they get into bantams that guys dont wanna made made fools and look stupid by a girl playing in a faily male dominated sport and that every chance some guys get they wanna run them into the boards. when i played i never liked girls playing with guys but if they did i never took it easy on them becuase they were female they wanna play there gonna get the same treatment in front of the net, in the corner, and open ice. it sucks if someone runs a girl or does a cheap play and that player should be tossed for a while but sometimes guys dont want a girl in there game.

Old
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodq View Post
Agreed. Half the time i can't even tell unless they got a ponytail coming out their helmet.

I actually LEVELED a girl a few games ago but didn't realize it was a girl until afterwards. I play in a non-checking league but managed to get away with it.

In the end, if a girl is playing in a checking league, she's fair game.
I agree and anyone who doesn't agree is likely trolling the board for e-*****.

When I played travel in the summer (HS aged league), we played against a Western NJ team.

Well, they had a girl on their team. We watched them play and the girl was really a very good player. But no one else would dare to touch her. She could almost score at will.

I saw her crossing the blue line. Keep in mind -- I was the agitator on our team, our captain, and one of our better scorers (I played LW). She skated right by one of our wingers and I absolutely layed her out. Layed her the **** out. Completely legal hit -- she had her head down and was trying to act like hot ****.

Probably the best play of our tournament though I was kicked out of the game. I was also suspended for the rest of the tournament though our coach challenged it and I was re-instated before the next game. I think they suspended me because there were practically death threats because of the hit. But as I said -- it was a great play and instilled tons of emotion and energy into our team. We played 6 games and won each of them by at least 7 goals.

Anyway, anyone who doesn't hit a girl just because she's a girl is a complete idiot. They signed up for the checking league. They are completely fair game.

Old
03-16-2008, 12:21 AM
K-PAX*

You're probably making that up. But good story, you're a real tough guy.

Haven't you heard of a stick check? It's hilarious you have to actually hit a girl to get the puck away from her. You must be awful at hockey.

Old
03-16-2008, 12:29 AM
deanosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-PAX View Post

Haven't you heard of a stick check? It's hilarious you have to actually hit a girl to get the puck away from her. You must be awful at hockey.
stick check... then you look like a fool when she dangles around you. not everyones like nik lidstrom and can pull of a stick check successfully

Old
03-16-2008, 12:31 AM
K-PAX*

Can't you skate? Catch up to her and slap the puck away. You don't have to be hands off but a full force check is just stupid and irresponsible.

You can catch a girl with a big hit but not a poke? That's ridiculous.

Old
03-16-2008, 12:32 AM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

Quote:

That's the point of hitting, if you only want to worry about a stick check then go play house league.

Old
03-16-2008, 12:33 AM
K-PAX*

No. Hitting is fine, but you don't have to and shouldn't hit a girl if you're playing bantams and above. If she's real good, oh well. Winning isn't everything. you still tried to stop her albeit in a non checking way

Old
03-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Just a random question, why is it that in every "story" the girls are "hot *****" "cocky *****es." You do realise that SOME girls play hockey and aren't cocky. I know it's something that's hard to fathom, but it does happen.

03-16-2008, 01:02 AM
deanosaur

you clearly dont get the point.
the whole point of this is everyones fair game on the ice. you allow yourself to be hit and treated like anyone else that puts on that jersey and steps on to the same ice surface. and so if shes playing midget hockey we shouldnt hit her? you realize that makes no sense. lets give the girls special treatment on the ice. we might as welll roll out the red carpet and let her go score every time she touches the puck.
and winning is everything. whats the point in playing if winning isnt everything? haha sorry but ithink id rather be on the championship winning team and not goin for the perfect loss season.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:08 AM
deanosaur

and last i checked.. finishing your check isnt responsible.
i dont know where you grew up were your coaches obviously taught you to poke check first... over here in canada we're taught play to actually finish our checks.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:10 AM
Stripes

Quote:
No. Hitting is fine, but you don't have to and shouldn't hit a girl if you're playing bantams and above. If she's real good, oh well. Winning isn't everything. you still tried to stop her albeit in a non checking way
You are wrong. If a girl is playing in a bodychecking league with the boys, she is fair game, and she knows it. There are girls playing in those leagues here, and if any one of the boys were to take it easy on them, they'd be the first to hack them in the back of the legs and call them a bunch of pu$$ies.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:10 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
you clearly dont get the point.
the whole point of this is everyones fair game on the ice. you allow yourself to be hit and treated like anyone else that puts on that jersey and steps on to the same ice surface. and so if shes playing midget hockey we shouldnt hit her? you realize that makes no sense. lets give the girls special treatment on the ice. we might as welll roll out the red carpet and let her go score every time she touches the puck.
and winning is everything. whats the point in playing if winning isnt everything? haha sorry but ithink id rather be on the championship winning team and not goin for the perfect loss season.
I clearly do get the point.

I have never, in my 18 years of playing boys sports, have ever asked for special treatment. My teammates, unless I was in danger, would never fight my own battles. Like I stated in an above post, a lot of players didn't realise I was female until AFTER the game. I used to sign my game sheets as "Jesse" so they wouldn't gun for me.

Even playing baseball, I have never asked for special treatment. I'm a catcher. I've been run over, I've had teeth knocked out, I've have broken orbital bones, I've had a punctured lung. All from playing men's baseball. And I kept going back. Why? Because I was good at it.

All I'm saying is that not all girls who play sports are these cocky *****es that everyone keeps saying they are.

99% of the girls who play just want to be treated fairly. They don't expect "the red carpet treatment" but nor do they expect to get an eblow or a smack on the ass because they're a girl.

I know about winning, I've done it ONCE or twice before. On a boy's team. And I didn't seem to hinder their record at all.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:12 AM
K-PAX*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
and last i checked.. finishing your check isnt responsible.
i dont know where you grew up were your coaches obviously taught you to poke check first... over here in canada we're taught play to actually finish our checks.
I'm just shocked you actually play against girls better than you are. Finishing your check is cool but why hit the girl? There are other ways little dude.

Having fun has always been more important to me, and winning is a big part of that. Hitting girls really isn't any fun though. So that's why I never did it. You must plan on turning pro with that winning is everything attitude nucky.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:12 AM
deanosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
I clearly do get the point.

I have never, in my 18 years of playing boys sports, have ever asked for special treatment. My teammates, unless I was in danger, would never fight my own battles. Like I stated in an above post, a lot of players didn't realise I was female until AFTER the game. I used to sign my game sheets as "Jesse" so they wouldn't gun for me.

Even playing baseball, I have never asked for special treatment. I'm a catcher. I've been run over, I've had teeth knocked out, I've have broken orbital bones, I've had a punctured lung. All from playing men's baseball. And I kept going back. Why? Because I was good at it.

All I'm saying is that not all girls who play sports are these cocky *****es that everyone keeps saying they are.

99% of the girls who play just want to be treated fairly. They don't expect "the red carpet treatment" but nor do they expect to get an eblow or a smack on the ass because they're a girl.

I know about winning, I've done it ONCE or twice before. On a boy's team. And I didn't seem to hinder their record at all.
kk take it easy.. i wasnt refering to what you said haha i was talking about k-pax buddy there

Old
03-16-2008, 01:15 AM
K-PAX*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
You are wrong. If a girl is playing in a bodychecking league with the boys, she is fair game, and she knows it. There are girls playing in those leagues here, and if any one of the boys were to take it easy on them, they'd be the first to hack them in the back of the legs and call them a bunch of pu$$ies.
That's laughable. Why not just laugh at that? "Okay next time I'll crush you like a grape surly sue."

A hack to the back of the legs. Who cares?

Old
03-16-2008, 01:16 AM
deanosaur

Quote:
I'm just shocked you actually play against girls better than you are. Finishing your check is cool but why hit the girl? There are other ways little dude.

Having fun has always been more important to me, and winning is a big part of that. Hitting girls really isn't any fun though. So that's why I never did it. You must plan on turning pro with that winning is everything attitude nucky.
its not about hitting the girl.
its about everyones fair game. guy or girl.
im not saying i go look for a chick head down and pull a scott stevens. but if its durin the play and she happens to have the puck and im within finishing my check then so be it. im not gonna pull out and try a poke check.
i do hope to turn pro. and when i do ill give you my first autograph k? hahahah

Old
03-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Stripes

Quote:
That's laughable. Why not just laugh at that? "Okay next time I'll crush you like a grape surly sue."

A hack to the back of the legs. Who cares?
How is it laughable? The point is that the girls themselves KNOW they are playing a bodychecking game, they KNOW they can be hit just as hard as any other player, and they DO NOT WANT to get special treatment because they're girls.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:18 AM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

I don't like how girls can play in guys leagues, but guys can't play in girls leagues, its a double standard. Not saying that I would but, I don't like that concept.

Guy or Girl, no one should go out of their way to hurt someone. If someone has their head down though I, like most people will crank them regardless of size, or gender. The best hit, that I have ever took was by a player a lot smaller then me, and it took me about a month for my ribs to stop hurting.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:18 AM
K-PAX*

Why not try a poke check? Why not gently ride her out of the play? If you're serious about turning pro surely you're head and shoulders above the girls out there.

The normal scuffles are just fine but there's no reason to hit a girl if you can just play the puck.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:19 AM
deanosaur

i do recall Ti-girl openly saying she doesnt want special treatment.. so k-pax that doesnt kinda blow your opinion out of the water.
good effort k-pax while it lasted.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Yeah, hit us. That's why some girls play guys hockey, treat us like you would any other player on the ice. We don't want to be treated differently, and the ones that do shouldn't be out there.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:20 AM
deanosaur

Quote:
Why not try a poke check? Why not gently ride her out of the play? If you're serious about turning pro surely you're head and shoulders above the girls out there.

The normal scuffles are just fine but there's no reason to hit a girl if you can just play the puck.
"WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG AND PLAY FAIRLY "

Old
03-16-2008, 01:27 AM
K-PAX*

I'm just saying I wasn't gonna be the one that breaks surly sues arm and makes her realize she can't compete with the boys anymore little guy. Trolling me with that hideous smilie isn't going to make me any angrier than if ms. sassy molassy hacked me in the legs and said hit me were fair game.

You'll be fair game when you've got a pair of balls.

Closed Thread