HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poor Koivu

Old
03-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Mark streit has 52 points. (Koivu 53)

and this is hardly irrelevant, Streit has more points then Naslund, Modano, Elias..

And top players like Jagr, Nash, Hossa have 3-6 points more then Streit.
Yeah, the Streit thing is a silly argument. I like Streit, he's been amazing this year, but seriously, Koivu's role this year is to anchor the 2nd PP unit, so he hasn't shared in a lot of the points Streit has.

Streit is a big part of the PP, don't get me wrong, but he isn't its backbone. Just by virtue of being the primary "shooter" he's going to rack up some points.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:34 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Hum no, Ryder/Latendresse/Kots are 3rd liners, when a player can't manage 40 points on a second line, he's a third liner.

Koivu's best abilities is speed and agility-if you haven't done it already, you might want to check out Koivu's Shootouts on youtube.
lol, if a goalie decides to extend his right pad, he won't be scoring in the shootouts anymore...

does that mean that he has or not good hands...? of course not... your argument about that was just pointless...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:34 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Hum no, Ryder/Latendresse/Kots are 3rd liners, when a player can't manage 40 points on a second line, he's a third liner.

Koivu's best abilities is speed and agility-if you haven't done it already, you might want to check out Koivu's Shootouts on youtube.
lol, if a goalie decides to extend his right pad, he won't be scoring in the shootouts anymore...

does that mean that he has or not good hands...? of course not... your argument about that was just pointless...

Old
03-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post

You're way off topic here.And for the record,Koivu has good hands.

Can't believe I'm discussing this...this thread is a carbon copy of last year but regarding Koivu this time,of course Koivu isn't performing as bad as Kovalev did last season.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

So you're saying that goalies are purposely not extending their right pad to allow Koivu to do this move? Sorry...I would erase the post that I'm quoting this from, because IT is pretty much pointless.

Lone Rogue

Quote:
I think koivu is having a terrible season, does that make me a koivu basher!?
No, but it means you're either overrating the guy or buying into negative hype. Koivu is not having a bad season by any stretch.

Quote:
in MY MIND, ''C'' = RELIABLE PLAYER which he hasn't been this year.
To prove your mind wrong in at least one category (Because that is all that is needed when someone is using capslock, bolt and underline), Koivu has lead our team in Shootout goals with 4. His reliability on the Shootout is pretty good. That's 4/9. Koivu also leads our team in faceoff percentage.

While I wouldn't call Koivu our best, he is certainly one of our most important.

Koivu has been getting a lot of penalties as of late for hooks. That is an issue for him. However, he is not having a bad season by any stretch of the imagination. A "bad season" is what Michael Ryder and Patrik Marleau are having. Koivu is having a solid Koivu season.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:41 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
You're way off topic here.And for the record,Koivu has good hands.
yeah, just pointing out what someone wrote earlier... in the opening post actually... wayyyyyy off topic?

go on and lick his ass even if he plays terrible... then blame it on higgins, ryder, s.kos. lats... .... but never on him...

I'm just saying... you're judging Koivu with another ste of standards, and that's freakin' anoying.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:42 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
oh true... I mean ... because streit has 1 point less than koivu it changes everything...

when you compare 2 players on a SAME team... its relevant.

Is jagr, modano, hossa the best players on their team anyways...?

yeah, try and justify your point with pointless exemples.
*** are you stupid or what? You're the one who started to compare Koivu and Streit...

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:43 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
No, but it means you're either overrating the guy or buying into negative hype. Koivu is not having a bad season by any stretch.

To prove your mind wrong in at least one category (Because that is all that is needed when someone is using capslock, bolt and underline), Koivu has lead our team in Shootout goals with 4. His reliability on the Shootout is pretty good. That's 4/9. Koivu also leads our team in faceoff percentage.

While I wouldn't call Koivu our best, he is certainly one of our most important.

Koivu has been getting a lot of penalties as of late for hooks. That is an issue for him. However, he is not having a bad season by any stretch of the imagination. A "bad season" is what Michael Ryder and Patrik Marleau are having. Koivu is having a solid Koivu season.

priceless...

and because he's good in the shootouts it means he's RELIABLE... ?

GTFO ...

Old
03-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
yeah, just pointing out what someone wrote earlier... in the opening post actually... wayyyyyy off topic?

go on and lick his ass even if he plays terrible... then blame it on higgins, ryder, s.kos. lats... .... but never on him...

I'm just saying... you're judging Koivu with another ste of standards, and that's freakin' anoying.

Actually I think it is you that is judging Koivu with another set of standards. If you compare Koivu to other 2nd line C's in the league, you'll find that his numbers compare quite favorable.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:45 AM
Licou

Quote:

The Fact is...

This is the points for players on first line 46 PTS 64 PTS 74 PTS
Look at the first Line A Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

Right there, we don't even have a < real > first line...

Can you define first line player please? Let's see...

Kostitsyn - 46pts 24th best scoring left winger
Kovalev - 74pts 4th best scoring right winger
Plekanec - 64pts 19th best scoring center

Maybe I am retarded but the first line is usually consisted of the best forwards of a team (somewhat). Considering that there are 30 teams, well it seems like our three first line forwards are in the top 30 in points at their respective positions. If that is not a real first line, well tell me what is?!

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Trick Pony

Quote:

First of all, a goalie can't just decide to extend his right pad, and second of all a goalie with bigger pads would stop anybody you fool, not just koivu... damn those fans when they hate someone he's the worst player ever..

Old
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
*** are you stupid or what? You're the one who started to compare Koivu and Streit...
if you're having trouble reading, prevent posting such posts.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:

I get it.These reactionary and kneejerk comments were also mentioned last year regarding Kovalev on this board.I bet you were also strongly defending as a fanboy him last year when he had a rough and horrible season performancewise?Don't make hypocritical judgements about it concerning people reasonably defending Koivu this season.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:48 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
First of all, a goalie can't just decide to extend his right pad, and second of all a goalie with bigger pads would stop anybody you fool, not just koivu... damn those fans when they hate someone he's the worst player ever..
Oh, my, god .

It was a joke... !@!@%#$%@#$%#@$%#$% ....

I pointed out koivu was always doing the same thing in shootouts..., that's all... does that mean he's a genious? ... If goalies look at tapes form shootouts throughout the league, he won't score another one like this...

Old
03-16-2008, 01:49 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
priceless...

and because he's good in the shootouts it means he's RELIABLE... ?

GTFO ...
How the hell do you live with yourself being a fan? Seriously, our team is doing amaizingly great, koivu has arround 50 points, which is good for a 2nd line center who plays with **** players, and you still find a way to bash, because you're not happy enough. I really don't understand who you can like on the team if you don't like koivu. Kovalev? He played bad last year I doubt you like him. Oh and by the way learn how to argue instead of just replying with a question and saying GTFO..

Old
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
I get it.These reactionary and kneejerk comments were also mentioned last year regarding Kovalev on this board.I bet you were also strongly defending him last year when he had a rough and horrible season performancewise?Don't make hypocritical judgements about it concerning people defending Koivu this season.
I blammed kovalev last season .... I'm not the one being hypocritical here.... sorry.

Old
Adam91

I have been quick to jump on Koviu this year, I feel alot of people on this board overrate him but today I admit I was pleased with his effort, seemed to have more jump then usual

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oh, my, god .

I pointed out koivu was always doing the same thing in shootouts..., that's all... does that mean he's a genious? ... If goalies look at tapes form shootouts throughout the league, he won't score another one like this...
You're just digging yourself a bigger hole. Since Koivu does the same shootout move all the time. Don't you think that goalies have watched tapes and are prepared to stop his 1 specific move?

Old
03-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
If goalies look at tapes form shootouts throughout the league, he won't score another one like this...
I'm now officially convinced you don't know **** about hockey. Everyone in hockey watches tapes.

Off to the ignore list you go. You've said absolutely nothing to convince me on your argument. I suggest others should do the same. Ignorant miscreants like yourself should find something new to amuse yourself with.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:52 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Oh, my, god .

What a good joke...
So what he's doing the same move, he's intelligent enough to see it works everytime, why would he change it? And if goalies extend their pads he'll just adapt. I don't see how you're argument can make any sense.. you're bashing a guy because he always scores with the same move. Wow good job

Old
03-16-2008, 01:54 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
How the hell do you live with yourself being a fan? Seriously, our team is doing amaizingly great, koivu has arround 50 points, which is good for a 2nd line center who plays with **** players, and you still find a way to bash, because you're not happy enough. I really don't understand who you can like on the team if you don't like koivu. Kovalev? He played bad last year I doubt you like him. Oh and by the way learn how to argue instead of just replying with a question and saying GTFO..
lol, how can you read what you posted and not laugh... I mean...

I'm not against Koivu....

But I'm against the fact that he is having an ordinary season ONLY because of higgins and ryder, lats and s.kos...

that's all...

I have no hate for the guy, but I'm not blinded by love either...

Old
03-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

But I'm against the fact that he is having an ordinary season ONLY because of higgins and ryder, lats and s.kos...

that's all...

First off you were saying that Koivu is having a terrible season. But now you are slowly starting to see the light. By saying he's having an ordinary season...that I can agree with.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:59 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
What a good joke...
So what he's doing the same move, he's intelligent enough to see it works everytime, why would he change it? And if goalies extend their pads he'll just adapt. I don't see how you're argument can make any sense.. you're bashing a guy because he always scores with the same move. Wow good job
no, because someone , in the 1rst post of the thread said that koivu had hands because he always scores on shootouts...

according to me, that's a good exemple of an argument that doesn't make any sense at all...

do you agree?

when you comment on my post, try to read the post I quoted before jumping to conclusions ...

Old
03-16-2008, 02:02 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:

that's all...

I don't know.. I guess I was too busy laughing at what you were saying that I didn't realize mine was funny. And how can you say you don't hate koivu after all you said..