HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hitting Girls

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2008, 01:34 AM
deanosaur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-PAX View Post
I'm just saying I wasn't gonna be the one that breaks surly sues arm and makes her realize she can't compete with the boys anymore little guy. Trolling me with that hideous smilie isn't going to make me any angrier than if ms. sassy molassy hacked me in the legs and said hit me were fair game.

You'll be fair game when you've got a pair of balls.

haha your telling me to grow a pair of balls?.. when youve got 2 girls saying no special treatment and hit them, meanwhile your like "noooo hitting just do poke checks." i think should should trade in your jock and pick up a pair of soccer cleats, clearly your not a hockey player, or atleast not a very good one.
i am fair game. i know im fair game. im fair game along with every other player on the ice.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:46 AM
K-PAX*

I'm telling the girl who wants to be treated as fair game to grow a pair, junior.

Old
03-16-2008, 02:07 AM
deanosaur

Quote:
I'm telling the girl who wants to be treated as fair game to grow a pair, junior.
why? if shes good enough to compete with guys then let her.
i know girls who played guys hockey and their reason was because girls hockey isnt as intense and guys its more of a challenge.

Old
03-16-2008, 02:21 AM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I agree and anyone who doesn't agree is likely trolling the board for e-*****.

When I played travel in the summer (HS aged league), we played against a Western NJ team.

Well, they had a girl on their team. We watched them play and the girl was really a very good player. But no one else would dare to touch her. She could almost score at will.

I saw her crossing the blue line. Keep in mind -- I was the agitator on our team, our captain, and one of our better scorers (I played LW). She skated right by one of our wingers and I absolutely layed her out. Layed her the **** out. Completely legal hit -- she had her head down and was trying to act like hot ****.

Probably the best play of our tournament though I was kicked out of the game. I was also suspended for the rest of the tournament though our coach challenged it and I was re-instated before the next game. I think they suspended me because there were practically death threats because of the hit. But as I said -- it was a great play and instilled tons of emotion and energy into our team. We played 6 games and won each of them by at least 7 goals.

Anyway, anyone who doesn't hit a girl just because she's a girl is a complete idiot. They signed up for the checking league. They are completely fair game.
wow....does your momma LIKE you?

Old
03-16-2008, 02:29 AM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
haha your telling me to grow a pair of balls?.. when youve got 2 girls saying no special treatment and hit them, meanwhile your like "noooo hitting just do poke checks." i think should should trade in your jock and pick up a pair of soccer cleats, clearly your not a hockey player, or atleast not a very good one.
i am fair game. i know im fair game. im fair game along with every other player on the ice.
the girls are saying hit them.. like any other player on the ice... however you have gone out of your way to make it clear that;

a) your penis somehow gets smaller if a girl dekes past you

b) you are going out of your way to "blow up" the girl, methinks strictly for the fact that she is a girl... do you honestly expect us to beleive that you're spending the whole game, "blowing" up EVERY player out there?...

you ARE going after the girl for the sake that she;'s a girl... that's not even sad its pathetic. Don't forget to check the hell out of the 65yr old man at the next drop in session cause you couldn't lay a legal shrug to seperate him from the puck

oh and for the girls who're defensively agreeing with these little penis monsters... why shouldn't you feel ike hot s**** if you're good, you're good. I guarantee you our little boy out here could not take hayley wickenheiser or angie ruggiero in a milliion years.. those girls would absolutely hurt you. You think the idiot who goes above and beyond in his effort to lay out a girl doesn't think HE'S hot s***? ITs simply for reason a) you threaten his masculinity.. however if a boys self esteem is as small as his weiner then he deserves to be embarassed.

Old
03-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Vaheh

Send a message via MSN to Vaheh
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
the girls are saying hit them.. like any other player on the ice... however you have gone out of your way to make it clear that;

b) you are going out of your way to "blow up" the girl, methinks strictly for the fact that she is a girl... do you honestly expect us to beleive that you're spending the whole game, "blowing" up EVERY player out there?...

you ARE going after the girl for the sake that she;'s a girl... that's not even sad its pathetic. Don't forget to check the hell out of the 65yr old man at the next drop in session cause you couldn't lay a legal shrug to seperate him from the puck

oh and for the girls who're defensively agreeing with these little penis monsters... why shouldn't you feel ike hot s**** if you're good, you're good. I guarantee you our little boy out here could not take hayley wickenheiser or angie ruggiero in a milliion years.. those girls would absolutely hurt you. You think the idiot who goes above and beyond in his effort to lay out a girl doesn't think HE'S hot s***? ITs simply for reason a) you threaten his masculinity.. however if a boys self esteem is as small as his weiner then he deserves to be embarassed.
It was a legal hit,she was one of best players on the other team so hitting her would be good way to knock her off her game,it gives momentum,energy to your team and it was a good defensive play and he probably would've done the same to a guy.
If she expects special treatment why be in a mens league.

Old
03-16-2008, 02:48 AM
deanosaur

Quote:

umm did i say

last time i checked i DIDNT say any of those.
you obviously havent read anything ive said or any of the debating going on.
im saying everyone is fair game that steps onto the ice. finish your checks. noone says you have to pull a scott stevens every hit. i wouldnt go after a girl just because shes a girl. if you read what isaid you SHOULD of seen that i said if it happens to be a girl and im about to finish a hit im not going to back away and choose to poke check instead, as k-pax would rather do.
i wouldnt hit a girl just because oh shes a girl im gonna go lay her out and give her a concussion. no will i hit if shes along the boards in play with the puck nice clean hit, sure why the h*** not. last time i checked noone gets special treatment.
and if theres a 65yr old man playing i would forsurely hit him why? because obviously this old man is damn good shape must be pretty damn good so im sure he could take hit just fine.

Old
03-16-2008, 02:50 AM
the_speedster

Quote:
umm did i say

last time i checked i DIDNT say any of those.
you obviously havent read anything ive said or any of the debating going on.
im saying everyone is fair game that steps onto the ice. finish your checks. noone says you have to pull a scott stevens every hit. i wouldnt go after a girl just because shes a girl. if you read what isaid you SHOULD of seen that i said if it happens to be a girl and im about to finish a hit im not going to back away and choose to poke check instead, as k-pax would rather do.
i wouldnt hit a girl just because oh shes a girl im gonna go lay her out and give her a concussion. no will i hit if shes along the boards in play with the puck nice clean hit, sure why the h*** not. last time i checked noone gets special treatment.
and if theres a 65yr old man playing i would forsurely hit him why? because obviously this old man is damn good shape must be pretty damn good so im sure he could take hit just fine.
hi.. my names irony... nice to meet you

Old
03-16-2008, 02:57 AM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan44 View Post
It was a legal hit,she was one of best players on the other team so hitting her would be good way to knock her off her game,it gives momentum,energy to your team and it was a good defensive play and he probably would've done the same to a guy.
If she expects special treatment why be in a mens league.
funny... then why give her special treatment? you noticed she was a girl... if you think shes like any other player then you play her like any other player.. not worry if oooh she skates by you. Who gives a crap. You can either be like nick lidstom who works his a** off to be a better skater than his attacker, hit when necessary, but play smart hockey ALL the time.. or you can swing your weiner around thinking;

"OOGAH! me see female..... smash um then bring em to cave for dinn dinn!" I've played hockey for a pretty damned long time. I cant tell you how stupid I tink it is when certain kids waste their time trying to humiliate another player instead of just playing the game the right way.. someone once told me, "respect your opponent.. without them there is no game."

I once laid the best hit of my life on a guy. He wasn't even ready for it... I just snuck up and BAM he was upside down and out... then I stood there like an idiot when the medics came to get him. Serious concussion and fractured jaw. I could've very easily taken the body on him.. hard but fair.. instead I was 19yrs old and was worrying that I hadn't given a super hit all game long.

Hitting's fun but like guns, hitting in the hands of idiots? dangerous.

I'm done.

Old
03-16-2008, 03:24 AM
Vaheh

Quote:
funny... then why give her special treatment? you noticed she was a girl... if you think shes like any other player then you play her like any other player.. not worry if oooh she skates by you. Who gives a crap. You can either be like nick lidstom who works his a** off to be a better skater than his attacker, hit when necessary, but play smart hockey ALL the time.. or you can swing your weiner around thinking;

"OOGAH! me see female..... smash um then bring em to cave for dinn dinn!" I've played hockey for a pretty damned long time. I cant tell you how stupid I tink it is when certain kids waste their time trying to humiliate another player instead of just playing the game the right way.. someone once told me, "respect your opponent.. without them there is no game."

I once laid the best hit of my life on a guy. He wasn't even ready for it... I just snuck up and BAM he was upside down and out... then I stood there like an idiot when the medics came to get him. Serious concussion and fractured jaw. I could've very easily taken the body on him.. hard but fair.. instead I was 19yrs old and was worrying that I hadn't given a super hit all game long.

Hitting's fun but like guns, hitting in the hands of idiots? dangerous.

I'm done.
Injuries happen in hockey from legal and ilegal hits,you should know that when you lace 'em up.If she plays in a mens league means she's just as good as the guys playing there so treat her like you treat anyone else.Whether it was a guy or girl no one likes getting beat.And by special treatment I was talking to the guy who said don't hit, if they don't treat her like an equal whats the point of playing in a better league.Not everyone is Lidstrom to be just as effective with a poke check and be able skate faster backwards than the attcker does forward.

Old
03-16-2008, 03:26 AM
Stripes

Quote:
I'm just saying I wasn't gonna be the one that breaks surly sues arm and makes her realize she can't compete with the boys anymore little guy. Trolling me with that hideous smilie isn't going to make me any angrier than if ms. sassy molassy hacked me in the legs and said hit me were fair game.

You'll be fair game when you've got a pair of balls.
You're accusing somebody else of trolling, yet you're the one calling other posters things like "little guy" and "junior"? Nobody likes a hypocrite.

You have provided zero argument against the girls in this thread who say they WANT NO SPECIAL TREATMENT. Since they have stated as such, all you have had to say has done nothing but belittle them simply because they're female. The proof is your last line above. Do you want to take away their right to vote too?

Old
03-16-2008, 03:29 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Ill let people know that the girl is probabl 5"5 100lbish. Certainly not big. One of our weaker players.

And accoding to my coach before the game he as talking to the other coach who said that he doesnt run girls and his team doesnt hit them. Our coach said the same as on our team we have that kinda bond.

There coach laughed when that hit happened. And btw I forgot to mention. That kid that hit her didnt get a penalty and later intentially took a slapshot at her and hit her in the throat. She was up against the boards and he shot it straight at the boards while the net was the other way, AKA CLEAR INTENTION.

Guy was a *****. I went after him on that play but the ref held me back. She was fine though but still..

Thanks for the opinions.

Old
03-16-2008, 10:30 AM
newfish

Send a message via AIM to newfish
I never hit a girl...but I hit a midget once on the ice. What are the rules about hitting a midget?

Old
03-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Not my fault that I'm lacking the stupid gene.

Seriously, I started playing girl's sports when I was growing up. But then I had to change to boy's sports. Why? Because it wasn't fair for me to be playing with the girls.

I was on a National team by the time I was 13 and training 6 hours a day. But I was still playing other sports.

Now would it have been fair for my team for me to keep playing? Would it have been fair for the other team for me to keep playing? Would it have been fair for me?

Physically, I was stronger than any of the girls I played with or against. Physically, I was just as strong, or stronger than any of the guys.

Like I said in a previous post on the board:

Quote:
My dad is 6'1. My mom is 5'11.

I am the shortest of my immediate family at 5'10.

My one brother is 6'5, the other is 6'2 (though he's only 17) and both have size 14 feet.

I only have a size 8 foot, but I am very unporportioned. I have very long legs (35 inch inseam), very short waist and very broad shoulders. In most cases I have to buy XL shirts to fit over my shoulders, and they tend to hang everywhere else. I have to wear XL hockey pants to fit my legs, but I have suspenders so they don't fall down.

When my body fat % was at it's lowest (12%) during the European circuit, my BMI told me that I was morbidly obese. I put on bulk muscle, that's one of the main reasons why my injury was as severe as it is.

Before my injury my fitdex results were:
chinups - palms out - (in two minutes) - 39
bench pull - 151
bench press - 175
300m swim - 4.12
1500m run - 5.08
So, should I have been playing with the girls who were 5 inches shorter than me? Or with the boys who were approximatly the same height as me?

03-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Vaheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post

Seriously, I started playing girl's sports when I was growing up. But then I had to change to boy's sports. Why? Because it wasn't fair for me to be playing with the girls.

I was on a National team by the time I was 13 and training 6 hours a day. But I was still playing other sports.

Now would it have been fair for my team for me to keep playing? Would it have been fair for the other team for me to keep playing? Would it have been fair for me?

Physically, I was stronger than any of the girls I played with or against. Physically, I was just as strong, or stronger than any of the guys.

So, should I have been playing with the girls who were 5 inches shorter than me? Or with the boys who were approximatly the same height as me?
You should have played with whoever you equaled or was near skillwise be it boys or girls.

Old
03-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Leo W

If they sign up, they're fair game. Although I don't do it because I'd feel bad. I'll bump them but I won't full out drop them.

Old
03-16-2008, 12:43 PM
SJGoalie32

Quote:
All I'm saying is that not all girls who play sports are these cocky *****es that everyone keeps saying they are.

99% of the girls who play just want to be treated fairly. They don't expect "the red carpet treatment" but nor do they expect to get an eblow or a smack on the ass because they're a girl.
Methinks you drastically overestimated that percentage.

In all the years I've played at the various levels (mostly non-checking, but some checking), I'd say more girls than not seemed to be none too far above turning on the waterworks or taking great offense to a simple slash or cross-check during the normal course of play, and at the same time were the loudest chirpers and trash-talkers on the ice. I wouldn't go so far as to say your type of female player is the exception to the rule (good hard-working type willing to take a little punishment, and not expecting or attempting to get special treatment), but it has certainly not been the overwhelming majority of the females I've played both for and against.

In your earlier post you said you'd spear a guy in the balls for, essentially, trash-talking you and patting you on the butt. Yeah, that's disrespectful.....but isn't your response a tad excessive? Although you did say you elbowed a guy in the face for trash-talking you. I would consider that an acceptable method of shutting someone up.

But the biggest question, and ultimately the point of this thread....is what can we do when the reverse is true? It's okay for you to elbow a trash-talking guy in the face, and it happens between other guys.....but what happens when the biggest chirper on the ice is the girl (skating around, running her mouth about somebody's manhood, etc.)? What do you think would happen if some dude elbowed a girl in the face after the whistle?

Heck, between the refs and overly sensitive teammates, regular play against a girl is tough enough. If you try to take the puck off of most of the chicks in the leagues I've played in and she falls as part of incidental contact, that arm's going up faster than a lightning bolt. Many competitive girls get used to that standard and start taking dives any time they lose the puck. And god forbid you ever incidentally slash, hook, cross-check, high-stick, or board a girl.....you'd better have your head on a swivel for the rest of the game.

But if the girl is standing in front of the crease hacking at the goalie after the whistle and you try to move them......or if they take a run at you with your back turned in the corner.......what can you do to a girl who does this? In most leagues, the answer is nothing.

I'm glad to hear that you aren't the sort of girl who does that. I'm glad that you expect a certain level of play and don't get bent out of shape or expect a brawl to break out every time you get cross-checked in front of the net. That earns you my respect as a hockey player and those players are enjoyable to play for/against. But in the leagues I've played in, past and present, your type of female player has not been the norm.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Ti-girl

That's another main reason as to why I keep my hair pulled back and rarely sign my game sheet with my full name, which is REALLY girlie. My game sheet is signed usually "Jesse" or "J" so I don't get hacked at.

Sure, I stand in front of the crease to deflect shots, but do I hack after the whistle? No. Sure, I battle along the boards, but I never check from behind or use my stick to hack or slash. If I get hit, I give it right back.

We had a tournament last weekend and I got called to see if I wanted to play. It was a "B" division game in a contact league. Sure, what the hell right?

Well, second shift, I made an awesome tape to tape drop pass and turned to watch it. Yeah, I got my clock cleaned.

I got up after the cobwebs cleared, took a look at who did it, took a note and went to the bench. I told our guys not to worry about it that I would get him back. So they didn't.

In the middle of the third he caught a suicide pass and I had him lined up. Dropped the shoulder, didn't leave my feet, didn't have my elbow high, and nailed him. Granted, both of us went down, but both teams cheered for the hit. Winded myself but got up and caught up to the play.

After the game when we were shaking hands I had my helmet and cage off (I'm the only one on our team who wears a cage) and the guy goes "Holy ****! Great hit! You nailed me. Sad that I got winded by a girl."

I just grinned and said I'd see him in the finals.

Our team met in the finals and we didn't have any big hits against each other, but I got their team's respect.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:36 PM
PIMking

Quote:
your on the ice your fair game.
simple as that. if they dont want to get hit dont play with the big boys.
as long as its a clean hit obviously.
should girls stop playing with guys after a certainly? forsure, unless they can buff up and take and give a hit then alright let them play, but dont complain because the guys are supposed to be stronger and knowing that go play in a contact game with abunch a guys and hope to not get injured.
last i checked there isnt a rule saying if a girl plays with guys she cant get hit.

Your exactly right! But when I play agianst girls i tend to take it easy on the physical part of the game I play with my stick more. I had a girl on my team and if its a clean hit i dont mind but when some of these guys go scott stevens on one of the girls its time to get your hands dirty. But I would do that if some one went scott stevens on any of my players.

Old
03-16-2008, 02:11 PM
droller*

Quote:

You are too good to play with girls. Typically, this is the ONLY reason that they do it... The woman you see on the national teams have played in boys leagues growing up simply because they dominated their competition and in order to stay on a steady development path, they plays boy leagues.

These comments about stick checking the girl... gliding them into the boards? Are you a moron? These girls ARE GOOD HOCKEY PLAYERS. You take it easy on them and they will make you pay.

Ti-Girl.. you quoted and responded to my "sunshine" comment... If you're gonna do that after I say something like that... all the power to yah! It's cocky, rude and uncalled for so I deserve whatever is thrown at me.

Old
03-16-2008, 02:13 PM
deanosaur

i think i might be scared of ti-girl from now on.

Old
03-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Why not try a poke check? Why not gently ride her out of the play? If you're serious about turning pro surely you're head and shoulders above the girls out there.

The normal scuffles are just fine but there's no reason to hit a girl if you can just play the puck.
why intentionally make a bad play just because she's a girl? what you're advocating is special treatment to those who want to be treated the same

Old
03-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Ti-girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by droller View Post
You are too good to play with girls. Typically, this is the ONLY reason that they do it... The woman you see on the national teams have played in boys leagues growing up simply because they dominated their competition and in order to stay on a steady development path, they plays boy leagues.

These comments about stick checking the girl... gliding them into the boards? Are you a moron? These girls ARE GOOD HOCKEY PLAYERS. You take it easy on them and they will make you pay.

Ti-Girl.. you quoted and responded to my "sunshine" comment... If you're gonna do that after I say something like that... all the power to yah! It's cocky, rude and uncalled for so I deserve whatever is thrown at me.
It's like the whole argument of running up the score.

I would rather get my ass kicked by a good team than just barley win because they played down.

We played against the Oval Extreme (where most of the Olympians play) and we got killed. 5-3. The score is much closer than what the game actually was. They played us hard each shift.

I would rather play against guys who do that, than be handled like a piece of glass.

Old
03-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Ti-girl

Quote:
i think i might be scared of ti-girl from now on.
Ha.

When I'm not playing sports I'm a mild mannered program co-ordinator who works with under priveleged youth.

When I play sports, I'm a royal *****.

Old
03-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Ha.

When I'm not playing sports I'm a mild mannered program co-ordinator who works with under priveleged youth.

When I'm in the kitchen, I'm a royal *****.
There honey, fixed it for ya.

In all seriousness though, I don't mind it at all if girls decide to play with boys if they're physically fit and skilled. I'm all for playing them the same way as well, but that also means that you don't go out of your way to show them you're going to play physically with them. That's just being a d-bag.

I also agree with what you were saying earlier about how in every story the girl's the cocky *****. I've played with girls before and I've never seen that attitude, maybe it's just some posters here that exaggerate or don't like the fact girls can be good and make them look like fools on the ice.

Closed Thread