Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roslovic vs Harkins?

Old
04-18-2017, 09:14 AM
csk

vCash: 500
I don't think it's that unreasonable to think that Roslovic at ~25 could be close to equal to 19yo Matthews. So if "Matthews level" means "level that Matthews is currently playing at (IE good second liner or whatever)" then it might not be impossible

csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Pongs21

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by uTurris View Post
Both different players.

Roslovic gets the nod, but I could see him being a number one centre one day and giving Scheifele an extra punch. I think one day he'll reach Matthews level.

Harkins will be in our bottom six and as centre providing Lowry/Copp the extra punch. See him being a better, stronger and grittier version of Bolland when he was with the Hawks.
Please, please don't say that on the main boards. I think Roslovic can one day reach Little's level. Matthews is on a completely different teir, and that's not something that can be learned or taught.

Pongs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 09:32 AM
csk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongs21 View Post
Please, please don't say that on the main boards. I think Roslovic can one day reach Little's level. Matthews is on a completely different teir, and that's not something that can be learned or taught.
Matthews' potential is on a different tier, but is he much better than Little right now?? I'm not so sure

csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Pongs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by csk View Post
Matthews' potential is on a different tier, but is he much better than Little right now?? I'm not so sure
He just scored 40 goals as a 19 year old rookie and had more points than Little had in his career year.. So yes, defensivley not currently/yet, but overall absoultley.

Last edited by Pongs21: 04-18-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Pongs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 10:29 AM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthole View Post
Don't want to hate on Roslovic but has one good year in the AHL proven him, I know Harkins only has a sample size, of a sample size, of a sample size in the AHL but he looked pretty good, but seriously nobody thinks he can compete in skill or talent to Roslovic because of taking a slower approach and being drafted Lower..
Roslovic:
1 good year in NCAA
1 good year in AHL
Harkins:
2 mediocre years in WHL
2 tiny samples of good in the AHL

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
Can we trade one of them for a quality defenceman?
I don't think it works that way with prospects. I doubt very much that we could trade them for D men who were taken after them despite the fact that both are developing well for where they were taken.

I don't think Anaheim would give us Larsson for Roslovic even though they are loaded on D and need F's. And I don't expect we could trade Harkins for any of Guhle, Lauzon, Andersson or Kylington. All taken later than him.

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 10:47 AM
hurricanedave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Rozlo one day going to reach Mathews level one day ...........

I would advise you to float that on the main boards (Lol)but after Tor took a 2-1 lead in their series last night I am staying far away from the Toronto HF boards peacocks.

Mathews/ Rozlovic/ Tkachuk were a pretty good line for the US 2 years ago. BOTH Mathews and Tkachuk are killing it in their 1st seasons in the NHL.

That's about as far as the comparison with Mathews should go.

I have said multiple times that I would like the Jets first 2 picks in 2015 to be be our Getlaf/Perry picks. Meaning 2 latter 1st round picks in the same draft becoming key pieces that grow together and become a integral part of the team for a long time.

I am not comparing their individual style of play/ skills to those players exactly.

I think Rozlo and CONNOR should have been together in the AHL earlier to gain chemistry together. They should be the basis of our 3rd line next year.

EHLERS....Shief........Laine
Perrault......Little.....Wheeler
CONNOR.. ..Rozlo.....Armia
Copp.....Lowry.....Mathais
I am not opposed to seeing those two on the third line together, frankly they'd be wasted on the fourth line. Roslo seems like he'd be a very good fit as the third line C but I am not sure maurice would be willing to let Lowry and matthias slide to the fourth line.

Harkins seems like a good kid, seems like his ideal position would eventually be 3C but no guarantees. Roslo seems like 2-3C is in his future, he really seems to shine whether his line mates are future stars or average joes.

hurricanedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 01:01 PM
matthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Roslovic is looking quite good, but this is a huge reach, IMO. Matthews is a much, much better player than Roslovic.
He might(and this is a very hesitant might) have a better PPG and more Points season than Matthews has in his had in his rookie year.

matthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 05:15 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
He might(and this is a very hesitant might) have a better PPG and more Points season than Matthews has in his had in his rookie year.
I really, really, really like Roslovic, and think he's going to be a very important piece for us.

But no. There's no way. I'd bet almost anything against this happening - Matthews is on another level, AND Roslo will never get the usage that Matthews received either.

PS: just so you know, I've been told I'm overly positive, optimistic, and my glass is at least 3/4's full. So, yeah.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 03:18 AM
GJF
Beaver Jedi

Quote:
Sure. Everything is possible. I might have a better PPG and more points season than Matthews in my rookie NHL year - if I ever played one. Right after I'd start playing hockey.

But it won't happen. I'd better get a reality check thinking like that. I think same applies to your expectations or hopes about Roslovic.

GJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 03:35 AM
uTurris
We the True North

Quote:
Roslovic is looking quite good, but this is a huge reach, IMO. Matthews is a much, much better player than Roslovic.
I'm not saying now, I just mean it will take some time, but I know he can do it. I can't think of another comparison other than Matthews. I should also mention I'm mostly saying he just plays like him in terms of style and movement, but without question, Roslovic is developing nicely in which he could raise the bar higher and exceed expectations.

uTurris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 03:39 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Roslovic gets the nod, but I could see him being a number one centre one day and giving Scheifele an extra punch. I think one day he'll reach Matthews level.
Quote:
I'm not saying now, I just mean it will take some time, but I know he can do it. I can't think of another comparison other than Matthews. I should also mention I'm mostly saying he just plays like him in terms of style and movement ...
That's not overly clear in your first message.

Old
04-19-2017, 12:19 PM
uTurris
We the True North

Quote:
That's not overly clear in your first message.
Very true. I should also mention that when some players get into the league they're not always comfortable, Matthews as we all know is comfortable in the league. Roslovic has lots of learning ahead of him. I'm not saying he's a guy who'll just jump into the league and dominate and instantly make a difference.

uTurris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 01:02 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Very true. I should also mention that when some players get into the league they're not always comfortable, Matthews as we all know is comfortable in the league. Roslovic has lots of learning ahead of him. I'm not saying he's a guy who'll just jump into the league and dominate and instantly make a difference.
Y'know, I really don't care about how comfortable Roslovic gets: I have a very, very difficult time seeing him at the same level as Matthews.

And I really, really, really like Roslo as a player. It's just not very realistic to assume he'll be that impactful.

Old
04-19-2017, 10:06 PM
Channelcat

Quote:
I really, really, really like Roslovic, and think he's going to be a very important piece for us.

But no. There's no way. I'd bet almost anything against this happening - Matthews is on another level, AND Roslo will never get the usage that Matthews received either.

PS: just so you know, I've been told I'm overly positive, optimistic, and my glass is at least 3/4's full. So, yeah.
As do I. Roslovic has been playing a pro style game since his draft year. The kid has elite type skill and plays a smart two way game. Not sure he's ever gonna break any records, but he will be a notable and valuable player everywhere he goes.

Channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 12:13 AM
matthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
Sure. Everything is possible. I might have a better PPG and more points season than Matthews in my rookie NHL year - if I ever played one. Right after I'd start playing hockey.

But it won't happen. I'd better get a reality check thinking like that. I think same applies to your expectations or hopes about Roslovic.
I was trying my best to be optimistic, I know Matthews is only gonna get better and rise up, I was saying there might be one season(I'd give it a 5% or less chance) that he gets a 69+ season.

matthole is offline   Reply With Quote