HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poor Koivu

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2008, 03:04 AM
  #51
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
no, because someone , in the 1rst post of the thread said that koivu had hands because he always scores on shootouts...

according to me, that's a good exemple of an argument that doesn't make any sense at all...

do you agree?

when you comment on my post, try to read the post I quoted before jumping to conclusions ...
But he actually does have hands. Latendresse or Lapierre, which I'm sure you like more than Koivu, are examples of players who don't have hands.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:05 AM
  #52
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
First off you were saying that Koivu is having a terrible season. But now you are slowly starting to see the light. By saying he's having an ordinary season...that I can agree with.
if he was having a good season, he would be given all the merit on a golden plate...

I just find it unfair that when things don't workout as well on his line, he's never the one to blame...

I'm just a bit tired of double standards ...

yeah ordinary season ... deal.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:06 AM
  #53
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
But he actually does have hands. Latendresse or Lapierre, which I'm sure you like more than Koivu, are examples of players who don't have hands.
he has hands....

but not because he scores often on shootouts...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:11 AM
  #54
Stephen Locke*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Offline
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
if he was having a good season, he would be given all the merit on a golden plate...

I just find it unfair that when things don't workout as well on his line, he's never the one to blame...

I'm just a bit tired of double standards ...

yeah ordinary season ... deal.
Koivu is also heavily and unfairly criticized.Plenty of ignorant people on the RDS talbacks regularly mention that it's entirely Koivu's fault regarding Ryder/Higgins respective slumps and they've claimed that Koivu creates always problems on the Habs.I understand what you're saying,but it goes both ways as far as double standards go actually.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:12 AM
  #55
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
if he was having a good season, he would be given all the merit on a golden plate...

I just find it unfair that when things don't workout as well on his line, he's never the one to blame...

I'm just a bit tired of double standards ...

yeah ordinary season ... deal.
I'll agree with you on this one. I'm a huge fan of Koivu's, but even I will admit that he should take part of the blame for the problems that have been happening this year with his line.

Oh and as for the double standards, the Koivu bashers blame Koivu for the problems that Ryder and Higgins are having this year. When realistically it's a combination of them not playing as well, and Koivu not having a great season.

__________________
This is not a time to say goodbye. This is a time to say 'thank you'.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:13 AM
  #56
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
I pointed out koivu was always doing the same thing in shootouts..., that's all... does that mean he's a genious? ... If goalies look at tapes form shootouts throughout the league, he won't score another one like this...
Wow. It's pretty bloody obvious you have never played a game of hockey in your entire life.

Can you even skate?

This might be one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen posted here in the history of this forum.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:14 AM
  #57
MaKi
Marschak's #1 Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marschak's Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
I don't have a problem with Koivu at all this year.
If it wasn't for Kovaleav stepping up his game and finding some chemistry with Plekanec/Kostitsyn I'm absoilutely positive that Koivu would be at about the same point total as last year.
However I doubt the team would be where they are.
Koivu is still producing just fine considering that Ryder isn't scoring near what people expected and Higgins has been off and on.
Koivu isn't playing top PP minutes anymore this season.
This year:52Pts 26PPP
Last year:75Pts 43PPP
He's doing just fine considering he's sharing top ice time with the Plekanec line.

One thing I do have a problem with his the penalties though, way too many.
Anyways he's the Captain of our Northeast division leading habs, I can't rag on him.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:14 AM
  #58
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
he has hands....

but not because he scores often on shootouts...
but the fact he scores often in the shutout is still a factor. And I'm not saying he has amaizing hands either, and not only because he scores in shutouts, but also the way he enters the zone and controls the puck inside.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:16 AM
  #59
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKmtl View Post
I don't have a problem with Koivu at all this year.
If it wasn't for Kovaleav stepping up his game and finding some chemistry with Plekanec/Kostitsyn I'm absoilutely positive that Koivu would be at about the same point total as last year.
However I doubt the team would be where they are.
Koivu is still producing just fine considering that Ryder isn't scoring near what people expected and Higgins has been off and on.
Koivu isn't playing top PP minutes anymore this season.
This year:52Pts 26PPP
Last year:75Pts 43PPP
He's doing just fine considering he's sharing top ice time with the Plekanec line.

One thing I do have a problem with his the penalties though, way too many.
Anyways he's the Captain of our Northeast division leading habs, I can't rag on him.
I love reading that, but it's still weird to see it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:18 AM
  #60
MaKi
Marschak's #1 Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marschak's Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
if he was having a good season, he would be given all the merit on a golden plate...

I just find it unfair that when things don't workout as well on his line, he's never the one to blame...

I'm just a bit tired of double standards ...

yeah ordinary season ... deal.
I disagree, last year even when he was having a great season he was still getting shat on by the french media.
I don't know who had/has been getting treated worse, kovaleav last year or koivu this year.
But one thing I do know is when Koivu was having a good rebound year he wasn't getting anywhere near the praise that Kovaleav is getting for his.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:20 AM
  #61
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Wow. It's pretty bloody obvious you have never played a game of hockey in your entire life.

Can you even skate?

This might be one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen posted here in the history of this forum.
yeah ... you can take it like '' koivu will NEVER score again in the shootouts''

or... '' Koivu isn't going to score THAT many if he keeps doing the same thing''

you can decide which one I meant.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:24 AM
  #62
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
This might be one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen posted here in the history of this forum.
Glad I'm not the only one to think that.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:27 AM
  #63
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKmtl View Post
I disagree, last year even when he was having a great season he was still getting shat on by the french media.
I don't know who had/has been getting treated worse, kovaleav last year or koivu this year.
But one thing I do know is when Koivu was having a good rebound year he wasn't getting anywhere near the praise that Kovaleav is getting for his.
koivu had a great season last year, and would have been directly responsible if we would have been in the playoffs...

Who bashed koivu last year ? he was arguably our best player.... he got blammed just like all the others because we didn't make the playoffs that's all...

I didn't mean by the papers... mostly diehard koivu fans ....

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:32 AM
  #64
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Those that have a 'hate' on for players on their 'favorite' team are either band wagoners or just need a feel as being part of clique.

Disappointing!

You call this team as your own? Be proud of the player or players that have given it their all through the lean years.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:33 AM
  #65
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
i blame kovalev for not making the playoffs last year

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:36 AM
  #66
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Koivu s slowing down but I think people gotta realise that when you go thru a cancer, your body gets like 10 years older in a few months.....

It s too bad that people will never appreciate him to his full value because of the insuccess of the owners that were in place years ago...

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:38 AM
  #67
MaKi
Marschak's #1 Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marschak's Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
koivu had a great season last year, and would have been directly responsible if we would have been in the playoffs...

Who bashed koivu last year ? he was arguably our best player.... he got blammed just like all the others because we didn't make the playoffs that's all...

I didn't mean by the papers... mostly diehard koivu fans ....
My buddy and a few of his friends pretty much just regurgitate what they read in la presse and JdeM, and last year I was hearing the same **** about how he's not a first line center.
I laughed when the Habs lost the game last year one of them said "The canadiens wanted to make the playoffs but Koivu had other ideas".
I never asked him what he meant by it, I didn't care enough.
Maybe I just got the impression it was worse then it was because of these guys.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:40 AM
  #68
MaKi
Marschak's #1 Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marschak's Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Koivu s slowing down but I think people gotta realise that when you go thru a cancer, your body gets like 10 years older in a few months.....

It s too bad that people will never appreciate him to his full value because of the insuccess of the owners that were in place years ago...
Not to mention his knee injury.
He was worth the price of admission when he first came into the league.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:41 AM
  #69
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Koivu s slowing down but I think people gotta realise that when you go thru a cancer, your body gets like 10 years older in a few months.....

It s too bad that people will never appreciate him to his full value because of the insuccess of the owners that were in place years ago...

I agree , 100% .

that was worth a thread called; poor koivu.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:42 AM
  #70
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKmtl View Post
My buddy and a few of his friends pretty much just regurgitate what they read in la presse and JdeM, and last year I was hearing the same **** about how he's not a first line center.
I laughed when the Habs lost the game last year one of them said "The canadiens wanted to make the playoffs but Koivu had other ideas".
I never asked him what he meant by it, I didn't care enough.
Maybe I just got the impression it was worse then it was because of these guys.
You obviously didn't watch the game, Koivu was the only player we dressed for that game and we lost. O yeah he lost us the season, the entire season all by himself, Koivu .

Kovalev last year

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:44 AM
  #71
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
yeah ... you can take it like '' koivu will NEVER score again in the shootouts''

or... '' Koivu isn't going to score THAT many if he keeps doing the same thing''

you can decide which one I meant.
No, it's nothing like that. You just don't understand how that move works. Even if the goalie goes accross Koivu still has a huge opening to score. Which is why it works so well and so many players do that exact move.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:47 AM
  #72
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
No, it's nothing like that. You just don't understand how that move works. Even if the goalie goes accross Koivu still has a huge opening to score. Which is why it works so well and so many players do that exact move.
A good example is Shanahan every goalie knows he's gonna go top right, and he does it anyways, and yes he almost always gets it.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:51 AM
  #73
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
Keep in mind that it usually happens with a certain contingent of people(I would hesitate to call them fans)who possess no basic hockey knowledge whatsoever and tends to regularly complain and rip a designated player regardless of his performances in general.It's not fair and reasonable criticism anymore,it's just plain hatred.
agreed. Even last season we heard the same crap when he was far and away our best player.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:55 AM
  #74
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Media just wants someone to blame to keep the ball rollin, usually it's the guy with the "C". Remember the whole french fiasco after like 8 years of him being our captain, guess it didn't bother them before that.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:56 AM
  #75
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Koivu s slowing down but I think people gotta realise that when you go thru a cancer, your body gets like 10 years older in a few months.....

It s too bad that people will never appreciate him to his full value because of the insuccess of the owners that were in place years ago...
Post of the Year.

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.