HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WIN!! - WCQF - Game 3 - Chicago at Nashville - NSH leads 3-0

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Mortiest Morty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Congrats on the series win. 100% deserve the outcome. Lavy came with a great plan and the team executed perfectly. If anyone happens to see Toews wondering around aimlessly, can you let him know that he is needed back in Chicago?
The series ain't over yet. Regarding Toews, I think it's finally happened. He's raised the level of his intangibles to such great heights that he himself has literally become intangible.

Old
04-18-2017, 06:35 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

vCash: 50
We have seen the team with killer instinct IN this series. Now let's see them display the killer instinct to END the series. Rest up everybody! We gotta heal in 36 hours. Can't wait to hear the decibel levels on Thursday.

Old
04-18-2017, 07:19 PM
klt2001

If you think this was crazy, wait for the next game. Watching the Chicago's post game interview, they looked either dejected or pissed, especially Crawford. They know they have their backs to the corner and will be coming out full force next game. Preds need to come out full force next game too and plan for a heated battle/fight as Chicago isn't going to go away w/o a fight. Got to fight and battle hard and finish this series off. Don't let Chicago back into this game. It's going to be the team that is hungry or more desperate for a win that is going to win imo. Got to pretend the series is 0-0 and we have to get a win and have the we are not going to leave w/o a win mentality.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-19-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old
04-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Preds33

Looks like the captioning folks for this game got confused.

Found this on Reddit:
http://imgur.com/wM05DGs

Old
04-18-2017, 08:30 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
If you think this was crazy, wait for the next game. Watching the Chicago's post game interview, they looked either dejected or pissed, especially Crawford. They know they have their backs to the corner and will be coming out full force next game. Preds need to come out full force next game too and plan for a heated battle/fight as Chicago isn't going to go away w/o a fight. Got to fight and battle hard and finish this series off. Don't let Chicago back into this game. It's going to be the team that is hunger or more desperate for a win that is going to win imo. Got to pretend the series is 0-0 and we have to get a win and have the we are not going to leave w/o a win mentality.
It will be interesting to see how the Hawks come out. It is easy to say "their backs are to the wall" but if they needed to come out full force in a game it should have been game 3, not game 4. And instead they got completely dominated in the first period.

I think the whole key for the Preds is to get an early lead. I think we may just break them mentally if that happens. If not, it is going to be another war like yesterday.

Old
04-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
It will be interesting to see how the Hawks come out. It is easy to say "their backs are to the wall" but if they needed to come out full force in a game it should have been game 3, not game 4. And instead they got completely dominated in the first period.

I think the whole key for the Preds is to get an early lead. I think we may just break them mentally if that happens. If not, it is going to be another war like yesterday.
Agree completely. We need to come back like we never let our foots off the gas after overtime. If we get one or two early, I think they just pack it in. I'm not sure you come back from two down in the next one.

Game 4's are rather interesting because you don't know what you will see. Normally teams will at least fight back just to say they didn't get swept, but when you have won several Cups over the last several years, I'm not sure the hunger is there to push back just to try and save face.

Just need to dominate and win so it isn't even a concern.

Old
04-19-2017, 07:55 AM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

All the other fanbases are calling our victory pre-emptively. Never rule the Hawks out. Won't be comfortable until this is over.

Old
04-19-2017, 08:10 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
All the other fanbases are calling our victory pre-emptively. Never rule the Hawks out. Won't be comfortable until this is over.
exactly... its not over until the handshake line... didn't the Sharks blow a 3-0 lead to LA a couple years ago?

04-19-2017, 08:13 AM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
exactly... its not over until the handshake line... didn't the Sharks blow a 3-0 lead to LA a couple years ago?
Yuppers

Old
04-19-2017, 08:27 AM
LCPreds

It took until some moment before game 3 when I finally realized I was tired of assuming the Preds were going to fail us again and just knew we were going to win game 3. I faltered at the end of the 2nd but they came through.

We're shutting this thing down tomorrow night.

Old
04-19-2017, 08:41 AM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

The positive part of me has us taking this tomorrow but I am not a positive person. I think the Hawks will push this to 6 and keep us on our collective toes but we'll take it back at home in Game 6.

Old
04-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I don't think I fell asleep until like 3am after that game; was so amped up

Old
04-19-2017, 09:24 AM
Gnashville
One and Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Boston also did to Philadelphia in 2010. Who was the Flyers coach during that comeback? Peter freaking Laviolette!! You think he's not reminding his team of this.

Old
04-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Boston also did to Philadelphia in 2010. Who was the Flyers coach during that comeback? Peter freaking Laviolette!! You think he's not reminding his team of this.
Good point. I completely forgot that Lavy was the coach of that team. This has to be a benefit. Only 4 coaches can say they've overcome an 0-3 deficit and then he went onto the Final.

Old
04-19-2017, 11:55 AM
sparkle twin
Goals? Nah, I pass.

What a night. That crowd was pumped, I can't imagine what it's going to be like Thursday!

The team that came out for the third period was a different team from the first 2 periods. They have to come out Thursday like that. Hit them, drive to the net, stay tight on their forwards.

That fiala goal was so similar to fishers 3ot goal!

We have to take away their will, their belief, not just stomp on their throat, but put a skate through it! Do not give them the faintest hope. We cannot go back to Chicago. We will not go back to Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
HAHAHA god this is amazing

Oh god, this is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Ryjo demolishes Toews in a reverse check

that was beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'll admit. I had to look away when it was 2-0. I have such a hatred for Patrick Kane, and nearly the same level of hatred for the Hawks in general, that the second goal just pissed me off to no end. I kept track of the score and got my mind on something else so I could eventually sleep (big day today), fully expecting to turn it back on once I was in a better spot mentally.

Next thing I know the game is tied, and I wanted so badly to turn it on to watch OT but I felt like it'd wreck the juju (yes the only time I'm superstitious is during Preds games) so I fought the urge. I'll watch it today for sure.

The moral of the story is: I'm pretty sure my heart cannot handle a deep run, so if this the last playoff series I ever see I'll die happy.
I saw a story on twitter of a guy that was in the bathroom for at least the first Preds goal (maybe 2) so he decided to just lock himself in the bathroom for the rest of the third period and Overtime!

Old
04-19-2017, 12:49 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
The team that came out for the third period was a different team from the first 2 periods.
I have no idea where this comes from. We dominated them in the first period. They were a lot better than us in the 2nd period but we were also on the PK for a quarter of the period too.

Old
04-19-2017, 06:19 PM
klt2001

Looks like Chicago could have some lineup changes like having Kempny in the game for game 4 as he was in their practice over Oduya and they also recalled three from Rockford.

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video...096/c-51567603

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/...rd/c-288907512

Last edited by klt2001: 04-19-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old
04-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Looks like Chicago could have some lineup changes like having Kempny in the game for game 4 as he was in their practice over Oduya and they also recalled three from Rockford.

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video...096/c-51567603

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/...rd/c-288907512
Of course Oduya's old, slow ass was the one beat by Fiala for the OT winner.

Old
04-19-2017, 06:45 PM
klt2001

Whatever happens I hope the Preds give them hell tomorrow; give it everything they got......but ultimately just come out with a win. Don't care if it's an ugly win. Just win.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-19-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old
04-19-2017, 07:24 PM
gary777
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post
Let 'em come out angry. No time to worry about what they do. It's great to see the Preds hit them in the mouth and make them like it.

The Preds just need to play their game and not worry about what Chicago does. That is when Chicago gets the advantage, when the other team panics.

Little Arvy is so getting paid soon and deserves every penny.

Not going to lie, I wasn't so sure Pekka had it in him again.

Good luck to Playoff Wilson getting back into the lineup.
Trust me, they came back after being down 3-0 to beat Wings because they let their foot off the gas. Preds need to play like they are down 3-0 All the hawks need to do is win one game and Preds will be in trouble.... GO PREDS!!!!

Old
04-19-2017, 07:49 PM
gary777
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Yuppers
Wings blew a 3-0 lead too. Lets get this over. KICK their butts tomorrow.

Old
04-19-2017, 09:30 PM
LCPreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary777 View Post
Trust me, they came back after being down 3-0 to beat Wings because they let their foot off the gas. Preds need to play like they are down 3-0 All the hawks need to do is win one game and Preds will be in trouble.... GO PREDS!!!!
I'm not picking on you directly here Gary, just the post because it echoes the feelings of many.

When we win tomorrow night can we all finally just let this constant negative/weak attitude towards the Preds go? I get it, in our short franchise history we've seen some ups and downs but ultimately expect to lose. It's time to be more confident. This team isn't playing like a team that is going to let us down and I think we should embrace and enjoy that, not be afraid of it. If the ride comes to an end at some point then so be it. But for now I'm going to think about this game like a Hawks fan has felt about their team for the past 6 or 7 years.

The Preds are going to go out there tomorrow night and kick some butt.

Old
04-19-2017, 09:45 PM
fiveAMpractice

Just enjoy the game no matter what the score is because you don't get to be a fan at home in too many playoff games up 3-0 against the top dog .
Being in the moment they used to tell the rookies when they could lift their head above the bench to take a peek at their family without making it look obvious .
Goodluck

Old
04-20-2017, 02:03 AM
sparkle twin
Goals? Nah, I pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I have no idea where this comes from. We dominated them in the first period. They were a lot better than us in the 2nd period but we were also on the PK for a quarter of the period too.
I thought it was fairly even in the first, I mean I didn't think they played bad or anything, but when they came out for the third period, they were just on a different level than the first 2 periods.

Old
04-20-2017, 06:16 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Agree with LCPreds. I am expecting some Preds domination tonight; this team just feels locked in right now. Let's get the GDT up! Jonesy for the streak powers.

Closed Thread