HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC not even worth watching for an anglo.

Old
03-15-2008, 11:00 PM
A1
Everything is awful

vCash: 500
CBC not even worth watching for an anglo.

I went to see Horton Hears A Who tonight, it was a 7:20 showing so I PVRed the game. The guide said it was the Toronto game even though it was supposed to be the Habs game, so I PVRed it on RDS also. So glad I did though, because even though it wasn't the Leafs the CBC game was unwatchable. Wretched, blurry video and very low audio combined with a mind-numbingly boring broadcast team made me switch to the RDS feed within 2 minutes. I'm really sure, even positive, CBC isn't like this for Leafs games, so what's the freakin' deal?

This is on Illico HD btw.

P.S. South Park owns.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-16-2008 at 07:14 PM.
A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 11:24 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah.. The video was horrible.. It looked like the game took place in my basement. The Senators TV team sucks too.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
I went to see Horton Sees A Who tonight, it was a 7:20 showing so I PVRed the game. The guide said it was the Toronto game even though it was supposed to be the Habs game, so I PVRed it on RDS also. So glad I did though, because even though it wasn't the Leafs the CBC game was unwatchable. Wretched, blurry video and very low audio combined with a mind-numbingly boring broadcast team made me switch to the RDS feed within 2 minutes. I'm really sure, even positive, CBC isn't like this for Leafs games, so what's the freakin' deal?

This is on Illico HD btw.

P.S. South Park owns.
haha the first episode of the new season was awesome for South Park, i can't believe it was allowed on air even

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-16-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

I'd say about 75% of my anglophone friends watch RDS. And they don't watch any other French TV.

A big part of that is probably habit (since CBC doesn't have all the games) but I think it also has to do with what RDS has done right and what CBC has done wrong.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Pierre & Yvon are at least emotional and excited, makes the game more fun to watch.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 12:14 AM
madbox

My friend called me to make sure I knew the Habs game was on CBC-M even though Expressvu said it was Sabres vs Leafs... of course I already knew this and laughed at him. Haven't watched a Habs game on CBC in nearly two years unless I get home late and they happen to be on the replay (which is only if they've played the Leafs of course).
The Habs are barely a blip on their radar, pretty apparent that they don't care. Lousy national coverage, shoddy commentators with nonsensical drivel and absolutely embarassing picture quality as evidenced tonight with low sound quality to boot. I've never understood the raving about their sounds, RDS kills them in that department along with a much crisper image.

Until they buy new equipment and find some competent announcers along with a more balanced schedule... Screw CBC, they're not worth the headache. My french is poor yet RDS meets all my Canadiens needing ways and then some.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 12:19 AM
emb24*

i couldn't watch it because the idiot homer sens announcers galley / brown were calling a habs game!

where's cuthbert or the ghost of danny gallivan?

i watched RDS instead

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I'll watch games on TSN over RDS, but rarely on CBC. If Cuthbert's calling the game, then I will. Otherwise, give me Pierre and Yvon.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 12:25 AM
A1
Everything is awful

CBC fired Cuthbert a couple of years ago, he's with TSN now.

Only guy from CBC I like is Jim Hughson.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 12:26 AM
znk

Yeah they had image quality issues tonight.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
CBC fired Cuthbert a couple of years ago, he's with TSN now.

Only guy from CBC I like is Jim Hughson.
That's who I meant. Hughson.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
That's who I meant. Hughson.
AKA the guy that do the EA NHL games

Kari-YA!

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:21 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Whenever I think of Hughson, I think of the early EA Sports games when they had fewer sayings.

You'd hear "...HAS the PUCK ON-A-STRING..." about 30 times a game.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:52 AM
FF de Mars

We are a team on the rise. We surprised them, CBC. If we consistently win, next year or the other, we won't have to deal with that kind of stuff. We need to understand that we are underdogs to the big teams, hence the diffusors.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

All I know is that the Habs on CBC last night was awful. I would rather they showed Cole and the Leafs than a third rate play-by-play. Gary Galley: worst, most boring color commentator ever.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 04:37 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jacques Demers View Post
I'd say about 75% of my anglophone friends watch RDS. And they don't watch any other French TV.

A big part of that is probably habit (since CBC doesn't have all the games) but I think it also has to do with what RDS has done right and what CBC has done wrong.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Pierre & Yvon are at least emotional and excited, makes the game more fun to watch.
You want emotional and excited? You want a bit of shimmer, a dash of shake and a pile of goose bumps? Well, here it is, once again, courtesy of CBC-English:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=948V9fRFyOg

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 04:41 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

plus don cherry, i mean it's don cherry ffs

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:33 AM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
haha the first episode of the new season was awesome for South Park, i can't believe it was allowed on air even

on what channel do you get fresh goods? I only get reruns.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
on what channel do you get fresh goods? I only get reruns.
I got it on Comedy Central, it will not appear on the Comedy Network for about 2 weeks I believe... but you can watch the episode online at www.southparkzone.com.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Lucius

Taking the bias blinders off, was anyone else impressed that when they finally show the Habs nationally its the night when the Leafs are in a "season on the line" game and the Habs are playing a doormat?

Seriously, this is the one night I'd have understood seeing a Leafs game on the CBC.

...but yes, the video was all bloomy for some reason, there were constant technical snafus, they missed the start of the 2nd period and the Ottawa Senators announcing team confused me.

Also, what is with Gary Galley and his love of the "soft chip"? He wouldn't shut up about it on SportsNet for the Sens, then said it like 19 times in reference to the Canadiens.

It's important to get possession in the zone, but the soft chip is not that important to mention as much as he did.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:27 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I always watch RDS over CBC, Pierre & Yvon are better then any tandem CBC can put together for me. Plus i agree the quality of sound/picture is alot better on RDS.. I'm pissed, i live 30 minutes from the Quebec border but they wont give me RDS HD on Cogeco, even though its offered in Quebec..

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I always watch RDS over CBC, Pierre & Yvon are better then any tandem CBC can put together for me. Plus i agree the quality of sound/picture is alot better on RDS.. I'm pissed, i live 30 minutes from the Quebec border but they wont give me RDS HD on Cogeco, even though its offered in Quebec..
Well, all things being equal, I think CBC puts together a higher quality picture. Last night they had a string of technical issues.

As to Pierre/Yvon, they're OK, but honestly, I like Jim Hugheson better than any play-by-play guy in hockey. Hopefully he gets to call some Habs games in the playoffs. I cannot stand the duo they had last night though.

Old
03-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
CBC is a joke plain and simple.

Give me RDS.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:42 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Well, all things being equal, I think CBC puts together a higher quality picture. Last night they had a string of technical issues.

As to Pierre/Yvon, they're OK, but honestly, I like Jim Hugheson better than any play-by-play guy in hockey. Hopefully he gets to call some Habs games in the playoffs. I cannot stand the duo they had last night though.
I was planning on watching the Habs game on CBC last night, as I just got HD Cable (and as i eluded to earlier, no RDS HD in my area) I got stuck with a ****ing Leafs game or Non-HD Habs.. I would have watched the Habs game if Timmy & Jimmy we're doing announcing and it was in black in white over a HD Leafs game.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Davebo
Le Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
i couldn't watch it because the idiot homer sens announcers galley / brown were calling a habs game!

where's cuthbert or the ghost of danny gallivan?

i watched RDS instead
I agree with this guy...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I was planning on watching the Habs game on CBC last night, as I just got HD Cable (and as i eluded to earlier, no RDS HD in my area) I got stuck with a ****ing Leafs game or Non-HD Habs.. I would have watched the Habs game if Timmy & Jimmy we're doing announcing and it was in black in white over a HD Leafs game.
Yes, but common, that's personal preference. Seriously, in the grand scheme of things last night was a gimme for Montreal and Toronto/Buffalo were in a key playoff matchup that essentially eliminated the Leafs.

The more "important" game was the Laughs. Yet, in all their wisdom, most the country got the Habs for the first time ever. The CBC is just incompetent.