HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Artturi Lehkonen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2017, 10:48 PM
  #926
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 19,179
vCash: 500
At least we have him.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 10:49 PM
  #927
LaP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,495
vCash: 500
He's our 2nd best forward in the playoffs so far. Lot of guys should be ashamed by that. The kid is built like a 16 years old teenager and it's his first year in north america. He should not be our 2nd best forward.

LaP is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 10:50 PM
  #928
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
He's a hard working fearless player that will take punishment to make a play. He works hard every shift and has been one of our best forwards. Basically the exact opposite of Captain Invisible.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
04-20-2017, 11:50 PM
  #929
G0bias
Registered User
 
G0bias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaP View Post
He's our 2nd best forward in the playoffs so far. Lot of guys should be ashamed by that. The kid is built like a 16 years old teenager and it's his first year in north america. He should not be our 2nd best forward.
And legit looks 13. I think it was Lapointe who said he was caught off-guard by how strong of a grip he had when they first shook hands.

G0bias is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 12:34 AM
  #930
Habs_Apostle
Registered User
 
Habs_Apostle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,042
vCash: 500
Nice to see a prospect breakthrough. Definitely a bright spot!

Habs_Apostle is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 01:21 AM
  #931
KawaYui
Registered User
 
KawaYui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 500
He's basically what Gallagher was before this season, but smarter and better defensively

KawaYui is online now  
Old
04-21-2017, 01:23 AM
  #932
AshyHabs
King in the North
 
AshyHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
one of the nice surprises of the year. this guy can play.

AshyHabs is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 09:51 AM
  #933
Rambokala
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
This thread is more than a week old. It seems that no one is missing Lehkonen. I don't neither.
Found this golden quote from the past November, when he was injured

The guy is showing that he really is a playoff warrior. I don't think 30 goal upside is too much for him.

Rambokala is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 10:16 AM
  #934
lamp9post
Registered User
 
lamp9post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
Lehkonen has quickly become one of my favourite forwards on this team. Great forechecker, shot, IQ, and defensive play. He's the complete package. His upside might not be sky high, but he's one of the most complete and competitive players on the roster already in his first season. I've said it before, but I would trade Galchenyuk for a second Lehkonen in a heartbeat.

lamp9post is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 10:17 AM
  #935
417
7 day theory
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 30,122
vCash: 500
Hockey sense on this player is extremely high

417 is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 10:21 AM
  #936
Deebs
Canadians win
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,950
vCash: 500
We got a beauty in this kid. Legitimate top 6 winger for the next decade

Deebs is online now  
Old
04-21-2017, 12:58 PM
  #937
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,663
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
He's basically what Gallagher was before this season, but smarter and better defensively
They don't really play the same style.

beowulf is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 01:02 PM
  #938
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambokala View Post
Found this golden quote from the past November, when he was injured

The guy is showing that he really is a playoff warrior. I don't think 30 goal upside is too much for him.
If what he showed last night wasn't just a flash in the pan then I think you're right. He was incredible.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 01:14 PM
  #939
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best
 
Aspirine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,790
vCash: 500
Also brought back the belt celly in the playoffs! Love him. I predict a hat trick in game 6.

Aspirine is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 01:27 PM
  #940
sandviper
Registered User
 
sandviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
If what he showed last night wasn't just a flash in the pan then I think you're right. He was incredible.
I feel he's been solid all series long. Last night in particular was good though.

sandviper is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 08:32 PM
  #941
Hackett
BAKAMAN
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,394
vCash: 500
He's probably been the habs best forward outside of radulov. He has two goals but could easily have more. The kid is set to have a long career if he can stay healthy.

He's also wise beyond his years away from the puck.

Hackett is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 08:36 PM
  #942
KawaYui
Registered User
 
KawaYui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
They don't really play the same style.
They both are good in board battles, they both go a lot in front of the net, they both possess a good shot, they both keep bringing it shift after shift, etc.

Gallagher used to be able to score a lot of goals far from the net.

KawaYui is online now  
Old
04-21-2017, 08:45 PM
  #943
Hackett
BAKAMAN
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
They both are good in board battles, they both go a lot in front of the net, they both possess a good shot, they both keep bringing it shift after shift, etc.

Gallagher used to be able to score a lot of goals far from the net.
Gallagher can only wish to have the shot that lehkonen has... Pre or post hand surgery.

But I get the comparison... Just look at lehkonen's shift on the first goal as an example

Hackett is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 08:48 PM
  #944
1stLineCenter
Registered User
 
1stLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,629
vCash: 500
He is fearless and full of heart, he will replace Pacioretty on this roster in the not too distant future, he might score less but will give us more.

1stLineCenter is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 08:49 PM
  #945
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
Nice to see a prospect breakthrough. Definitely a bright spot!
It's because he never went to the clown show of prospect development playing in the ahl under lefebvre

AmeriHab is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 08:51 PM
  #946
Tyson
Registered User
 
Tyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerihab View Post
it's because he never went to the clown show of prospect development playing in the ahl under lefebvre
exactly

Tyson is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 08:55 PM
  #947
groovejuice
Registered User
 
groovejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
It's because he never went to the clown show of prospect development playing in the ahl under lefebvre
We should be sending our prospects to Finland and then Sweden.

groovejuice is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 08:56 PM
  #948
KawaYui
Registered User
 
KawaYui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Gallagher can only wish to have the shot that lehkonen has... Pre or post hand surgery.

But I get the comparison... Just look at lehkonen's shift on the first goal as an example
I'd say Lehkonen has a better shot, but it's very close (pre hand-injury)

At 20 y.o Gally scored 15 goals in 44 games (pace of 25 goals in 73 games)
At 21 y.o Lehkonen scored 18 goals in 73 games

In the past 4 seasons (not counting this year), Gallagher scored 77 goals in 260 games. That's a pace of 24 goals on average per season through 82 games.
Which is basically, what you hope Lehkonen will become.

KawaYui is online now  
Old
04-21-2017, 09:03 PM
  #949
Hackett
BAKAMAN
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaYui View Post
I'd say Lehkonen has a better shot, but it's very close (pre hand-injury)

At 20 y.o Gally scored 15 goals in 44 games (pace of 25 goals in 73 games)
At 21 y.o Lehkonen scored 18 goals in 73 games

In the past 4 seasons (not counting this year), Gallagher scored 77 goals in 260 games. That's a pace of 24 goals on average per season through 82 games.
Which is basically, what you hope Lehkonen will become.
You are essentially talking about goal scoring, but the issue at hand is about who has the better shot.

Hackett is offline  
Old
04-21-2017, 09:12 PM
  #950
KawaYui
Registered User
 
KawaYui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
You are essentially talking about goal scoring, but the issue at hand is about who has the better shot.
In general, the guy who has a better shot is able to score more goals



Those are the goals that Gallagher scored in his rookie season.
There's a lot of goals scored from near the crease, but it was the same for Lehkonen this season. And as shown in the video, he can also score some beauty wrist shot goals from afar of the net.

And like I said, I think Lehkonen has a better shot, but it's close

KawaYui is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.