HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Binghamton Devils

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2017, 03:27 PM
  #76
Devils Dominion
We'll miss you Julie
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 36,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Enthusiast View Post
While the playoffs are nice from an operations standpoint they are a huge money loser so in the long term it may be beneficial to not be in them.
If you're an owner perhaps.

but this is a forum of fans who want their local home team or their NHL affiliated team to do well, and win.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 03:43 PM
  #77
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Don't let facts get in the way of false narrative generated opinion.
Lol
Facts speak volumes....

Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 03:51 PM
  #78
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Hartford (rangers) is the AHL doormat (no playoffs) with horrible attendance.

The Albany area will have playoff hockey this week unlike in Hartford.

I would think someone so concerned about Albany hockey, like yourself, would be happy about that and pulling for a nice run?

You post a lot of opinions that are baseless and impossible to prove.
The three above comments have nothing to do with one another. Your posts are full of baseless opinions:

Such as the Albany area fans love the Devils, they do not. They love their River Rats, and the NJ Devils organization still is not smart enough to capitalize on that (Attendance has declined greatly upon the Devils return to Albany for the second stint. Albany fans did not want them back. Even the new ownership raised prices beyond what fans are willing to pay. Take the time to read Peter Dougherty's Albany Times Union paper column on why the Devils failed Albany, pretty informative. Everything he wrote about has contradicted your beliefs. Your so Devils hard up you probably wouldn't support another affiliate in Albany, good thing there are only a few Devils fans in Albany. We can produce that laundry list which I am sure was acquired much with Albany area fan input. Lastly Hartford has a bad season so what? Don't all teams have bad seasons lol, your delusional to disregard a decade and half of playofless hockey the Devils provided Albany. Hartford's horrible attendance of well over 4,000 per game is better then Albany, Binghamton, Utica, St. Johns, and Bridgeport (CTs largest city). So not sure what justifies your Hartford opinion to be presented as gospel...Just your opinions, some may share yours but others don't.....Devils fans are so sensitive.


Last edited by Nightsquad: 04-20-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 08:10 PM
  #79
go comets
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Wow.... You guys have been busy...

The Devils AHL teams have been much better the last two seasons once Shero took over the big club. Binghamton will be fine with the devils, it's not like Ottawa had a winning team in Bingo.

I to heard the affiliation fee was more than the Rangers currently get from Harford, around 2.4-2.5 million.

Albany simply did not support the team, why they didn't is not the issue, you either support it or lose it. Attendance for tonight's playoff game was announced at around 2,200... It will be like playing in a mourge.....

go comets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 08:34 PM
  #80
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsquad View Post
Facts speak volumes....
And yours were wrong. Next?

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 09:50 PM
  #81
zetastrike
Registered User
 
zetastrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go comets View Post
Wow.... You guys have been busy...

The Devils AHL teams have been much better the last two seasons once Shero took over the big club. Binghamton will be fine with the devils, it's not like Ottawa had a winning team in Bingo.

I to heard the affiliation fee was more than the Rangers currently get from Harford, around 2.4-2.5 million.

Albany simply did not support the team, why they didn't is not the issue, you either support it or lose it. Attendance for tonight's playoff game was announced at around 2,200... It will be like playing in a mourge.....
We in Albany are not obligated to support it either. You don't throw a seed on the ground, ignore it, and expect anything to grow, and you don't magically sell tickets because you exist, which is about all the Devils did for the past 7 years. The Devils did zilch to build any kind of following here and took several steps back from where it was when the Rats left. And you really expect a large crowd to show up tonight and watch the team that's ditching them? Let that 23 year old grudge go already, man.

And no, you don't "either support it or lose it". We've learned again and again lately that support rarely has anything to do with who has it and who doesn't. Good luck, Comets fans.

zetastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 12:45 AM
  #82
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
We in Albany are not obligated to support it either. You don't throw a seed on the ground, ignore it, and expect anything to grow, and you don't magically sell tickets because you exist, which is about all the Devils did for the past 7 years. The Devils did zilch to build any kind of following here and took several steps back from where it was when the Rats left. And you really expect a large crowd to show up tonight and watch the team that's ditching them? Let that 23 year old grudge go already, man.

And no, you don't "either support it or lose it". We've learned again and again lately that support rarely has anything to do with who has it and who doesn't. Good luck, Comets fans.
Your absolutely right, these guys are clowns. The Devils just throw a team on the ice and fans are.expected to support. No solid radio coverage, none for the playoffs. They barely marketed the ream. The local media doesnt even want to truly cover the team. The Devils said we will strongly consider renaming the team River Rats and what do they do, announced in January they are leaving! the Devils burn the Albany market (Rangers Country to begin with) then people expect Capital Region fans to continue to invest their money and emotional support behind this organization, get outta town....2200 for a Thursday night game announced less then a week ago isnt too bad, Charlotte had just over 3000 and that's a major league city, Albany is a small city. Albany isnt in protest of the players, just how they were treated by the organization and local politicians who inly want basketball and arena football.

Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 01:54 PM
  #83
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
[MOD]

No not whatsoever, I feel compelled to defend the poor little guys, the fans who are down and keep getting kicked by cowards. Devils Dominion doesn't support Albany hockey, he supports Devils hockey first. My relatives up that way attend some games in Albany but they are Rangers fans who hate the Devils but they show support of their regional team. Utica fans harbor disdain for Albany so they along with Binghamton fans mock the dedicated Albany fans. Everyone has done so all the while for the most part the Devils since 2000 have ran things ass backwards.

It only takes a few years of disregarding a fan base before the local media, business sector, and ticket paying fans no longer care. Two recent years of competetive teams isn't going to undue the negative perception, especially after you gave the community false hope of re launching River Rats hockey then saying despite signing a new agreement last off season we are leaving barely halfway through the season. Albany's attendance historically has picked up late January or February from what I was told. 2000 plus fans last night on the same weeknight you have the nearby ECHL playing their playoff game (that team is staying and locally owned) is not all that bad considering Albany's team is skipping town on its fans, and basically the community. I can't blame anyone there for not caring, I don't feel as though I would. I would really love to see these other 'AHL" towns with teams ran like how Albany's historically have been, anyone guess to speculate honestly how attendance might be?


Last edited by Major4Boarding: 04-21-2017 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Quoted deleted post
Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 04:06 PM
  #84
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsquad View Post
No not whatsoever, I feel compelled to defend the poor little guys, the fans who are down and keep getting kicked by cowards. Devils Dominion doesn't support Albany hockey, he supports Devils hockey first. My relatives up that way attend some games in Albany but they are Rangers fans who hate the Devils but they show support of their regional team. Utica fans harbor disdain for Albany so they along with Binghamton fans mock the dedicated Albany fans. Everyone has done so all the while for the most part the Devils since 2000 have ran things ass backwards.

It only takes a few years of disregarding a fan base before the local media, business sector, and ticket paying fans no longer care. Two recent years of competetive teams isn't going to undue the negative perception, especially after you gave the community false hope of re launching River Rats hockey then saying despite signing a new agreement last off season we are leaving barely halfway through the season. Albany's attendance historically has picked up late January or February from what I was told. 2000 plus fans last night on the same weeknight you have the nearby ECHL playing their playoff game (that team is staying and locally owned) is not all that bad considering Albany's team is skipping town on its fans, and basically the community. I can't blame anyone there for not caring, I don't feel as though I would. I would really love to see these other 'AHL" towns with teams ran like how Albany's historically have been, anyone guess to speculate honestly how attendance might be?
What does any of this have to do with you making claims of the Albany Devils' futility against certain teams that the stats show were incorrect [MOD]


Last edited by Major4Boarding: 04-21-2017 at 05:19 PM.
210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 05:20 PM
  #85
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
I will motivate you!
 
Major4Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Heaven
Country: Scotland
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Keep it civil

Major4Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:04 PM
  #86
Skeeze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsquad View Post
[MOD]

No not whatsoever, I feel compelled to defend the poor little guys, the fans who are down and keep getting kicked by cowards. Devils Dominion doesn't support Albany hockey, he supports Devils hockey first. My relatives up that way attend some games in Albany but they are Rangers fans who hate the Devils but they show support of their regional team. Utica fans harbor disdain for Albany so they along with Binghamton fans mock the dedicated Albany fans. Everyone has done so all the while for the most part the Devils since 2000 have ran things ass backwards.

It only takes a few years of disregarding a fan base before the local media, business sector, and ticket paying fans no longer care. Two recent years of competetive teams isn't going to undue the negative perception, especially after you gave the community false hope of re launching River Rats hockey then saying despite signing a new agreement last off season we are leaving barely halfway through the season. Albany's attendance historically has picked up late January or February from what I was told. 2000 plus fans last night on the same weeknight you have the nearby ECHL playing their playoff game (that team is staying and locally owned) is not all that bad considering Albany's team is skipping town on its fans, and basically the community. I can't blame anyone there for not caring, I don't feel as though I would. I would really love to see these other 'AHL" towns with teams ran like how Albany's historically have been, anyone guess to speculate honestly how attendance might be?
Show me one instance where a Binghamton fan has "mocked" Albany fans. Binghamton fans know what its like to lose their team (1997), and while we are happy to have another AHL team coming in, we have empathy towards the Albany fans who do care about losing their team.

On the other hand, all I have seen you do in the threads about the Devils moving from Albany are tear down and belittle the cities of Utica and Binghamton, all while bemoaning how the gleaming city of Albany is losing the Devils, with the Devils' own ineptitude at running a team as the sole reason why.

Facts are facts. Albany didn't support the team (for whatever reason) and now they are gone. Binghamton and Utica will have AHL hockey next year, and we will enjoy it. That's not mocking. Those are just facts.


Last edited by Skeeze: 04-22-2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: .
Skeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:18 PM
  #87
Devils Dominion
We'll miss you Julie
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 36,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
Show me one instance where a Binghamton fan has "mocked" Albany fans. Binghamton fans know what its like to lose their team (1997), and while we are happy to have another AHL team coming in, we have empathy towards the Albany fans who do care about losing their team.

On the other hand, aAll I have seen you do in the threads about the Devils moving from Albany are tear down and belittle the cities of Utica and Binghamton, all while demoaning how the gleaming city of Albany is losing the Devils, with the Devils' own ineptitude at running a team as the sole reason why.

Facts are facts. Albany didn't support the team (for whatever reason) and now they are gone. Binghamton and Utica will have AHL hockey next year, and we will enjoy it. That's not mocking. Those are just facts.
Well said.

It's a shame that one person has hijacked this thread with such false narrative nonsense

[MOD]


Last edited by Major4Boarding: 04-21-2017 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Unnecessary
Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:27 PM
  #88
Devils Dominion
We'll miss you Julie
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 36,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsquad View Post
[MOD]

No not whatsoever, I feel compelled to defend the poor little guys, the fans who are down and keep getting kicked by cowards. Devils Dominion doesn't support Albany hockey, he supports Devils hockey first. My relatives up that way attend some games in Albany but they are Rangers fans who hate the Devils but they show support of their regional team. Utica fans harbor y for Albany so they along with Binghamton fans mock the dedicated Albany fans. Everyone has done so all the while for the most part the Devils since 2000 have ran things ass backwards.

It only takes a few years of disregarding a fan base before the local media, business sector, and ticket paying fans no longer care. Two recent years of competetive teams isn't going to undue the negative perception, especially after you gave the community false hope of re launching River Rats hockey then saying despite signing a new agreement last off season we are leaving barely halfway through the season. Albany's attendance historically has picked up late January or February from what I was told. 2000 plus fans last night on the same weeknight you have the nearby ECHL playing their playoff game (that team is staying and locally owned) is not all that bad considering Albany's team is skipping town on its fans, and basically the community. I can't blame anyone there for not caring, I don't feel as though I would. I would really love to see these other 'AHL" towns with teams ran like how Albany's historically have been, anyone guess to speculate honestly how attendance might be?
Wrong, I guarantee I've supported Albany hockey more than you by attending games, frequented eateries/bars and staying in hotels.
I havnt met many rangers fans up there either, prob because its so far from nyc and not really a pro hockey town.

Plus I'm rooting for Albany to win, you are not.


You throw around the "relatives" story a tad too much, not credible.

You, are a rangers first fan, we get it, and unless they finally choose to relocate to Albany after all of these years, not sure why you keep mentioning them in this thread which has nothing to do with them.

Hartford thread somewhere?


Last edited by Devils Dominion: 04-21-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:35 PM
  #89
Devils Dominion
We'll miss you Julie
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 36,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsquad View Post
The three above comments have nothing to do with one another. Your posts are full of baseless opinions:

Such as the Albany area fans love the Devils, they do not. They love their River Rats, and the NJ Devils organization still is not smart enough to capitalize on that (Attendance has declined greatly upon the Devils return to Albany for the second stint. Albany fans did not want them back. Even the new ownership raised prices beyond what fans are willing to pay. Take the time to read Peter Dougherty's Albany Times Union paper column on why the Devils failed Albany, pretty informative. Everything he wrote about has contradicted your beliefs. Your so Devils hard up you probably wouldn't support another affiliate in Albany, good thing there are only a few Devils fans in Albany. We can produce that laundry list which I am sure was acquired much with Albany area fan input. Lastly Hartford has a bad season so what? Don't all teams have bad seasons lol, your delusional to disregard a decade and half of playofless hockey the Devils provided Albany. Hartford's horrible attendance of well over 4,000 per game is better then Albany, Binghamton, Utica, St. Johns, and Bridgeport (CTs largest city). So not sure what justifies your Hartford opinion to be presented as gospel...Just your opinions, some may share yours but others don't.....Devils fans are so sensitive.
Here again we have someone giving opinions and electing himself to be the spokesperson for a region he does not even reside in nor visit.

Rich stuff.

Maybe if Hartford wasn't the doormat of the AHL he would be busy discussing that team?

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:51 PM
  #90
6768clintoncomets575
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Here again we have someone giving opinions and electing himself to be the spokesperson for a region he does not even reside in nor visit.

Rich stuff.

Maybe if Hartford wasn't the doormat of the AHL he would be busy discussing that team?
Been hearing this dribble for 3 years.

Thank you, facts are facts.


Last edited by 6768clintoncomets575: 04-21-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: ....
6768clintoncomets575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:03 PM
  #91
Devils Dominion
We'll miss you Julie
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 36,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6768clintoncomets575 View Post
Been hearing this dribble for 3 years.

Thank you, facts are facts.
As a Devils fan and a long time hockey fan who loves the sport, I look forward to not only visiting Binghamton often next season but I also want to check out a Devils @ Comets game and see the Utica game night experience.

But first, I hope Albany has a long run this Spring.
Their diehard fans deserve it.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 09:39 AM
  #92
Denzil
NOLU
 
Denzil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vermont
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
I lived in Albany for a while, still work there, formerly had season tickets for the Rats/Devils, so I have a somewhat closer view of the situation here.

Zetastrike's analogy of tossing a seed on the ground expecting it to grow is spot on. Outside of moving the team there and saying they'd "look hard" at the Rats rebrand, they did nothing to appeal to local fans or new fans whatsoever. It took until Lou left for the club to even try to win some games, by which time nobody cared.

I haven't heard anyone talk down about Utica or Binghamton or even claim the "gleaming city of Albany" is a great hockey market (it's not); people I think just don't feel they were given good treatment by the Devils organisation.

Regarding the Rangers thing, now yes the majority of people who follow hockey up here are Rangers fans, whether that would translate to a decent fanbase for an AHL Rangers side here is unknown honestly. Name alone might help at least to start, but beyond that who knows. Would also say the Bruins and Sabres have more fans up here than the Devils but I digress.

Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 12:47 PM
  #93
Devils Dominion
We'll miss you Julie
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 36,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzil View Post
I lived in Albany for a while, still work there, formerly had season tickets for the Rats/Devils, so I have a somewhat closer view of the situation here.

Zetastrike's analogy of tossing a seed on the ground ebxpecting it to grow is spot on. Outsi de of moving the team there and saying they'd "look hard" at the Rats rebrand, they did nothing to appeal to local fans or new fans whatsoever. It took until Lou left for the club to even try to win some games, by which time nobody cared.

I haven't heard anyone talk down about Utica or Binghamton or even claim the "gleaming city of Albany" is a great hockey market (it's not); people I think just don't feel they were given good treatment by the Devils organisation.

Regarding the Rangers thing, now yes the majority of people who follow hockey up here are Rangers fans, whether that would translate to a decent fanbase for an AHL Rangers side here is unknown honestly. Name alone might help at least to start, but beyond that who knows. Would also say the Bruins and Sabres have more fans up here than the Devils but I digress.
Without taking a census its impossible to tell what sports teams people prefer.

Im sure rangers are prob most popular overall due to ny letters and being around since the 20s.

But as you said it may not translate to box office success if they moved from Hartford to Albany.

Albany does not appear to be a pro sports town, more of a college sports town.

I find it hard to believe that there are any Sabres fans since its twice as far the drive there compared to nyc or Newark.
But then again lots of people have migrated out of the buffalo area for decades.

I hope the true diehards in Albany get a long run.
It may be their last chance to cheer an Albany team in quite a while.

Glens Falls is not an Albany team.

I do look forward to Binghamton next season but I will miss tge Albany trips.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 12:55 PM
  #94
mmazz22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Well said Skeeze! I've never seen any of us Bing fans talk crap about Albany. Actually I have read more about my city being trashed and dissed.
Anyways you want to talk about a beaten up market - bing has been beaten up and spit out by Ottawa for the last 12 years minus a magical 2 month run.

mmazz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 03:55 PM
  #95
Tao Jones
Registered User
 
Tao Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,985
vCash: 500

Tao Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 07:00 PM
  #96
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzil View Post
I lived in Albany for a while, still work there, formerly had season tickets for the Rats/Devils, so I have a somewhat closer view of the situation here.

Zetastrike's analogy of tossing a seed on the ground expecting it to grow is spot on. Outside of moving the team there and saying they'd "look hard" at the Rats rebrand, they did nothing to appeal to local fans or new fans whatsoever. It took until Lou left for the club to even try to win some games, by which time nobody cared.

I haven't heard anyone talk down about Utica or Binghamton or even claim the "gleaming city of Albany" is a great hockey market (it's not); people I think just don't feel they were given good treatment by the Devils organisation.

Regarding the Rangers thing, now yes the majority of people who follow hockey up here are Rangers fans, whether that would translate to a decent fanbase for an AHL Rangers side here is unknown honestly. Name alone might help at least to start, but beyond that who knows. Would also say the Bruins and Sabres have more fans up here than the Devils but I digress.
Spot on post....

Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 07:04 PM
  #97
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
I think if by some miracle they get past Toronto they should play the rest of their games in Binghamton....

Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 07:13 PM
  #98
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
As a Devils fan and a long time hockey fan who loves the sport, I look forward to not only visiting Binghamton often next season but I also want to check out a Devils @ Comets game and see the Utica game night experience.

But first, I hope Albany has a long run this Spring.
Their diehard fans deserve it.
Get the name right boy!!!!!! Its Shootica not Utica! Thats why those townies chant Shootica, shootica, Shootica, shootica.....Sin City home of Joe Bonamassa and Celebrity Marshall Lenny DuPaul..Once you get some status you leave Utica..

Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 07:20 PM
  #99
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Without taking a census its impossible to tell what sports teams people prefer.

Im sure rangers are prob most popular overall due to ny letters and being around since the 20s.

But as you said it may not translate to box office success if they moved from Hartford to Albany.

Albany does not appear to be a pro sports town, more of a college sports town.

I find it hard to believe that there are any Sabres fans since its twice as far the drive there compared to nyc or Newark.
But then again lots of people have migrated out of the buffalo area for decades.

I hope the true diehards in Albany get a long run.
It may be their last chance to cheer an Albany team in quite a while.

Glens Falls is not an Albany team.

I do look forward to Binghamton next season but I will miss tge Albany trips.
Glens Falls is a part of the Metropolitan Static Area which includes Albany buddy! In fact the AHL required the Red Wings to allow the CD Islanders franchise (later became Rats) to operate in same market territory. You can go from Pearl Street in Albany to the arena in Glens Falls within an hour.

Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 08:32 PM
  #100
Nightsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsquad View Post
I think if by some miracle they get past Toronto they should play the rest of their games in Binghamton....
Actually in all seriousness the Devils organization should be banned from operating a minor league team unless they play in Newark NJ. The Mitchell crew will never neglect the local yocals like they did in Albany, Trenton, and Lowell.


Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 04-23-2017 at 10:20 AM. Reason: last part
Nightsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.