HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Stanley Cup Playoffs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion, predictions, and analysis of all playoff games and series. Polls may only be started by sponsors and staff.

2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Referees & Linesmen

Old
04-17-2017, 09:51 PM
DarrenBanks56

vCash: 500
well. at least this should be tim peels last round after that brutal call in ot tonite. wow buddy

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Erik Alfredsson
Beast Mode Cowboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
well. at least this should be tim peels last round after that brutal call in ot tonite. wow buddy
Don't forget the brutal call on Boston's tying goal too, just a brutal ref.

Erik Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2017, 10:00 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Alfredsson View Post
Don't forget the brutal call on Boston's tying goal too, just a brutal ref.
hes horrible. but doing it in overtime after how the third period was played. brutal.
not even a scoring chance. please get rid of him.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Mantis
I am a doctah

vCash: 50
Tim Peel is so goddamn incompetent

Mantis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 09:21 PM
will1066

The crew that did MTL-NYR tonight was a disgrace.

will1066 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 09:58 PM
ducks8

Refs have been utter grabage for every team, in every game

ducks8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2017, 10:03 PM
The Cake Is A Lie

vCash: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducks8 View Post
Refs have been utter grabage for every team, in every game
Refs have been utter garbage for ever team, in every game this year including the regular season.

The Cake Is A Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 02:26 PM
sirmaxalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
Tim Peel is so goddamn incompetent

It really wouldn't have been as bad if several Bruins had not taken punches to the face repeatedly, without retaliation, all game and it was allowed to slide. The fact that this was called in OT afterward is an absolute debacle and cost the Bruins the game after an unbelievable comeback.

Add to it that the penalty for the elbow wasn't called and Ryan scored in OT is just horrid.

sirmaxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 02:27 PM
sirmaxalot

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2...er-marc-methot

sirmaxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Midnight Judges

The disallowed goal for the Caps was terrible. They reviewed it. Have no idea what they were looking at.

Midnight Judges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Boom Boom Aho
Sooo Good

As a fan of the Canes, I've watched a lot of the games, many of them without a rooting interest (I am rooting for the Leafs though), and would say that the reffing is pretty consistent and no teams are getting "screwed". That said, it is obviously totally different than how they called it during the season, which is why there are a lot of reactions, and in some case overreactions, in the GDTs. I do get the "let them play / swallow the whistle" mentality and think some of that is a good thing. Playoffs are intense, so the hitting, scrums, pushing/shoving, battles in front of the net and along the boards, etc.. are a key element that the NHL should not take out of the playoffs by calling that too tightly. I also do get that they don't want tiny infractions determining an outcome, so they are a little looser on trips, hooks, etc... None of those really significantly change the flow of the game and the speed/excitement of the game.

What I don't like is how the blatant holding and blatant obstruction is being completely let go in the playoffs. Some examples are game 1 when Frederik Andersen actually wrapped his arms around a forward and tried to tackle him and no call. Another was Game 4 where Marner dumps the puck in and 2 Caps defensemen basically hold him up for a good 5 seconds in an obvious obstruction. I've seen multiple times when a forward is trying to enter the zone, he just gets tackled and no call. They are consistently not calling this, so when I see it now, I don't expect a call to be made, but understand why people complain about it in the GDT. Many of the Blues/Wild games are absolute snooze fests because of all the holding and obstruction that is being let go.

Seems to me the NHL has adopted an all or nothing approach to swallowing the whistle. You have to completely mug a guy before a penalty is called, or it has to be a non-judgement call (puck over the glass, high stick, etc.). I would much rather see them ease up on the infractions associated with physical play and be a little more strict on the holding/obstruction penalties which affect the flow of the game. Just my $0.02.

Boom Boom Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2017, 06:50 PM
PatrickEaves
All posts unedited

http://scoutingtherefs.com/2017/04/1...-cup-playoffs/

For Round 2:

Quote:
Referees
Francis Charron, Jean Hebert, Steve Kozari, Wes McCauley, Brad Meier, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Kevin Pollock, Chris Rooney, Francois St.Laurent, Kelly Sutherland, and Brad Watson.

Standby referees are Marc Joannette and Chris Lee

Out: Gord Dwyer, Eric Furlatt, Trevor Hanson, Marc Joannette, Chris Lee, Tim Peel, Brian Pochmara, and Ian Walsh
Quote:
Linesmen
Derek Amell, Steve Barton, Scott Cherrey, Michel Cormier, Shane Heyer, Brad Kovachik, Matt MacPherson, Steve Miller, Brian Murphy, Jonny Murray, Bryan Pancich, and Pierre Racicot.

Standby linesmen for the second round are Ryan Galloway and Mark Shewchyk.

Out: David Brisebois, Greg Devorski, Scott Driscoll, Ryan Galloway, Ryan Gibbons, Trent Knorr, Kiel Murchison, and Mark Shewchyk.
I think every fan can agree that they are happy Chris Lee and Tim Peel are gone.