HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2017, 11:22 PM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
I've hated his effort so far. Just no compete, anytime somebody gets close to him he weakly wrists it to nowhere, but his center has been Philip ****ing Danault. Claude needs to try him with somebody else already enough is enough. Plekanec or Galchenyuk even Steve Ott I don't care.

Old
04-20-2017, 11:22 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I really thought he'd step up this year. I figured it was his time now.

Man have I been wrong so far.
We really need CJ to put on his very best coaching hat and toss Therrien's blender in a fiery chasm.

There are my lines until the end. We know there is chemistry there. Let's hope there's goals too.

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
DLR/Martinsen-Ott-Mitchell

Old
04-20-2017, 11:23 PM
sheed36

Who is this Max Pacioretty guy you guys are discussing anyway?

Old
04-20-2017, 11:31 PM
HabsRudy

Pacioretty as to leave Habs next years , Bergevin need to take him out, he isnt doing anything in the playoff , he is the worst lazy player I ever seen , Hes the main reason why Subban isnt witht the team.

Man I wish Subban was still in Montreal and instead trade off Pacioretty for Weber Instead!

Desharnais is out , now make that move before we lose every good player we have!

Old
04-20-2017, 11:34 PM
HabsRudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
That's exactly the kind of goofy statement I was having in mind. The idea that this team currently lacks structure or talent because of the former coach is not only stupid. It's childish. Like, who past puberty actually thinks like that ?

Also, *Subban* is the reason Subban is not in Montreal anymore.

And Subban, with his Petry-like performances, is not sweeping playoffs rounds. The *Nashville Predators* are. With Subban in a second pairing role, stripped of the letter on his jersey he proved he didn't deserve for the second year in a row on two different teams. And with his reduced ice time. But don't let facts get in the way of your misconceptions.

The funny thing is that people like you desperately cling to the idea Subban was treated unfairly here when it's the other way around. He had too many chances and was allowed to be a prima donna, disrupting the locker room in the process. That was the mistake Therrien was pressured into making by Subban's status and contract, that Laviolette is not repeating. That's the thing you're oblivious to and that makes this thing so deliciously ironic.

Almost as ironic is the fact that Weber is one of the better playoffs performer the Habs have this year and, if you've seen Subban's play, that's certainly not what we're missing.
And I have seen King play and he havent got any heart into playing for the Montreal Canadiens! Maybe same with Subban in Nashville! If you think Subban heart wasnt in Montreal still you are maybe blinded as ****!

Old
04-20-2017, 11:45 PM
marvelousmotion

Lafleur on Pacioretty in 2014:

"Guys like (Thomas) Vanek and (Max) Pacioretty, you can not keep that in your team. They should stay home if they are not willing to pay the price. Your team will never win with players like that that fade when there is adversity. You don't play hockey just to have a good season. You play to win the Stanley Cup."

Looking forward to see what Pacioretty does in the elimination game on Saturday. For the sake of the team, hopefully he steps up this time and proves everyone wrong.

Old
04-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
We really need CJ to put on his very best coaching hat and toss Therrien's blender in a fiery chasm.

There are my lines until the end. We know there is chemistry there. Let's hope there's goals too.

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
DLR/Martinsen-Ott-Mitchell
You have to go with your best players. Like it or not Max is our best forward. We have to give him the chance to succeed/fail. Same with Galchenyuk btw...

Totally agree that Chuck should be with Radulov. If it's Lekhonen or Byron there I don't much care. Maybe Max moves to Plek and Gallagher. Clearly Dannault's not doing anything for him and Pleks has actually been hot lately. Dannault can center Byron and Shaw on a shutdown line.

I think we have to shake things up. For all his warts we have to give Chuck some ice. I hate how we handled him down the stretch and I hate that we're now in a position where we have bounced him around everywhere but give him the chance to win or lose for us. We can always sit him if we get the lead and don't want to take the risk but we can't go out there trying not to lose. We can't score and we have to do something about it.

If nothing changes and we do lose this series, CJ gets and F grade from me right along with Max. We have to shake things up. It's okay to go down in a series but it's not okay to give up. Make the adjustments and do what you have to do. Nobody said it was easy. You have to adjust to your opponent when they take the upper hand. That's what good teams and coaches do. I feel at least a little better about CJ being able to recognize this. Series isn't over folks.

Here's where great players step up. Max has the next game (hopefully two) to redeem himself. If he does that he can get back into one of his grooves and we can start sailing along. But he HAS to do something this year. I've given him a pass for his past problems but it's time to show up.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 04-20-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old
04-21-2017, 12:11 AM
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Habs Fan View Post
Weber or Gallagher captain. Please.
The only two logical choices.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:13 AM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to Carey Commit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
The only two logical choices.
Naming Gallagher over Weber feels illogical. He was pretty meh for lots of the year, has less pedigree, experience and reputation. The logical choice is Weber but cmon, the letter doesn't matter. If you take the C off Pacioretty and put it on Weber this series is the exact same. The problems here fall on management for building a suspect roster.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:14 AM
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword View Post
If only he could play a bit more like Nash, cut to the net once in a while. Oh yeah, I forgot that he isn't a power forward and doesn't use his size, he's a streaky sniper.
Didn't he used to be exactly like that when he broke into the league?? That's what I remember. What happened?

Old
04-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Commit View Post
Naming Gallagher over Weber feels illogical. He was pretty meh for lots of the year, has less pedigree, experience and reputation. The logical choice is Weber but cmon, the letter doesn't matter. If you take the C off Pacioretty and put it on Weber this series is the exact same. The problems here fall on management for building a suspect roster.
Yes Weber for sure. Just saying that Gally would be miles above Casper as far as captain like qualities. The guys with the letters can make a big difference.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:17 AM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
Didn't he used to be exactly like that when he broke into the league?? That's what I remember. What happened?
He figured he could score 35 goals with his shot? I mean as annoying as Pacioretty has been and I'm really disappointed in him and upset with him this is as much on Bergevin for thinking he could build around a streaky LW sniper as his premier forward. Forget the C, it doesn't matter. It was probably a bad choice but a player vote and Weber could just as easily be the "leader" without the C. The problem with Pacioretty is he's not a game breaker, he's a complimentary piece. He's paid like one, he should be used as one but we built a team relying on Pleks, Danault Shaw and Ott down the middle.

I'm really upset with Max, because as much as this is on Bergevin, Max still hasn't stepped up AT all. I think it might be best for both parties if there's a trade but let's not let Bergevin off the hook. Poorly built roster.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:19 AM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
Yes Weber for sure. Just saying that Gally would be miles above Casper as far as captain like qualities. Just wondering if you've played hockey? The guys with the letters can make a big difference.
Yes I played hockey and I don't disagree that leadership matters, I just don't think Pacioretty having the C means Weber can't be the true leader, or Gallagher. There's leadership on this roster even if you feel Pacioretty isn't it. We're losing, IMO, because we're not good enough. The fact that we built a team with Pacioretty as our go to offensive forward shows that. It's a lack of scoring and game breaking ability more than a lack of leaders.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:21 AM
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Commit View Post
He figured he could score 35 goals with his shot? I mean as annoying as Pacioretty has been and I'm really disappointed in him and upset with him this is as much on Bergevin for thinking he could build around a streaky LW sniper as his premier forward. Forget the C, it doesn't matter. It was probably a bad choice but a player vote and Weber could just as easily be the "leader" without the C. The problem with Pacioretty is he's not a game breaker, he's a complimentary piece. He's paid like one, he should be used as one but we built a team relying on Pleks, Danault Shaw and Ott down the middle.

I'm really upset with Max, because as much as this is on Bergevin, Max still hasn't stepped up AT all. I think it might be best for both parties if there's a trade but let's not let Bergevin off the hook. Poorly built roster.
I agree he loaded us up with too many fringe players but didn't he make a few good acquisitions? Leks, Radu to name a few. I agree with your overall assessment though. We really aren't ready for a deep run. As Metallica would say...Sad but true. Expectations were likely too high. What gets me is that I think we could beat either Ottawa or Boston.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:23 AM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
I agree he loaded us up with too many fringe players but didn't he make a few good acquisitions? Leks, Radu to name a few.
I like Lehkonen a lot but our drafting/developing has generally been bad and as good as he is and will be, even if you figure he's a top 6 forward we have what? 3-4 legit top 6 options? Radulov, again, yes nice move but we're running a team out there with not nearly enough C depth to win a Cup and a hole on top 4 LD. Lots of holes.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:28 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousmotion View Post
Lafleur on Pacioretty in 2014:

"Guys like (Thomas) Vanek and (Max) Pacioretty, you can not keep that in your team. They should stay home if they are not willing to pay the price. Your team will never win with players like that that fade when there is adversity. You don't play hockey just to have a good season. You play to win the Stanley Cup."

Looking forward to see what Pacioretty does in the elimination game on Saturday. For the sake of the team, hopefully he steps up this time and proves everyone wrong.
LaFleur should ****, he played in a time where you could smoke between periods, play without helmets and lived like a King in the city.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:29 AM
Habs_Apostle

Not ready to beat up on Max yet. I remember during the World Cup, though, by looking at our top offensive contributions in Max and Pleks, that it was hard to imagine winning a cup with these guys leading the charge. But Max had a very good year and Pleks has been very implicated in this series. There's still time for Max, we'll see.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:54 AM
ProspectsFanatic
Artturi Lehkonen

No show. Even his own coach Therrien said he is the worst captain in the league. He got awarded the C by default not because he deserved it (vs Plekanec, Markov, young Gallagher and Subban (now we have insight of where PK stand in MB/MT opinion at the time, probably wasnt going to happen)). You can strip the C now that we have Weber.

Last edited by ProspectsFanatic: 04-21-2017 at 01:02 AM.
Old
04-21-2017, 12:57 AM
G0bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
Not ready to beat up on Max yet. There's still time for Max, we'll see.
Time? He's got like one maybe two periods left. If he's still a complete no-show up to that point what are the chances we're in a position to be winning and extending the series? Its pretty much as late as it gets.

Old
04-21-2017, 01:03 AM
The Nightman
Plateaued User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectsFanatic View Post
No show. Even his own coach Therrien said he is the worst captain in the league. He got awarded the C by default not because he deserved it (vs Plekanec, Markov, young Gallagher and Subban (now we have insight of where PK stand in MB/MT opinion at the time, probably wasnt going to happen)). You can strip the C now that we have Weber.
If he doesn't get traded (he most probably won't), I hope this happens at the very least.

Old
04-21-2017, 01:26 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
That's exactly the kind of goofy statement I was having in mind. The idea that this team currently lacks structure or talent because of the former coach is not only stupid. It's childish. Like, who past puberty actually thinks like that ?

And Subban, with his Petry-like performances, is not sweeping playoffs rounds. The *Nashville Predators* are. With Subban in a second pairing role, stripped of the letter on his jersey he proved he didn't deserve for the second year in a row on two different teams. And with his reduced ice time. But don't let facts get in the way of your misconceptions.

The funny thing is that people like you desperately cling to the idea Subban was treated unfairly here when it's the other way around. He had too many chances and was allowed to be a prima donna, disrupting the locker room in the process. That was the mistake Therrien was pressured into making by Subban's status and contract, that Laviolette is not repeating. That's the thing you're oblivious to and that makes this thing so deliciously ironic.

Almost as ironic is the fact that Weber is one of the better playoffs performer the Habs have this year and, if you've seen Subban's play, that's certainly not what we're missing.
ROFL Subban has been the second best dman in Nashville these playoffs. Thanks for showing you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old
04-21-2017, 01:30 AM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0bias View Post
Time? He's got like one maybe two periods left. If he's still a complete no-show up to that point what are the chances we're in a position to be winning and extending the series? Its pretty much as late as it gets.
Probably small. But like a climber dangling from a thin ledge by his fingertips, what else can I do? Not letting go of hope yet!

Old
04-21-2017, 02:06 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:

Talking about goofy statement....Subban the 2nd pairing d-man with...the most minutes played amongst d-me in the last 2 games. And who has just a total of 32 seconds per game behind Ryan Ellis who is a so-called 1st pair.

Old
04-21-2017, 06:29 AM
icerocket

I know Subban showed up in elimination games. Let's see if our captain does as well

Old
04-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

As I've stated when Pac was in a slump at the start of the year, if Pacioretty doesn't show up for the next two games, I'm done defending him and for the idea of trading him. Enough is enough, he no longer has any excuses!

Closed Thread