HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eichel vs Bylsma

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2017, 07:17 AM
  #726
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,499
vCash: 500
Breaking News!!! All coaching candidates must provide Eichel with a shoulder massage,1 bottle of wine and a bowl of Red Smarties. If there is one candy that's not red in the bowl you are out. This is Jack's world and you will play by Jack's rules......

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 07:19 AM
  #727
NastyNick
Registered User
 
NastyNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
So... Eichel missed out on his bonus, threw a temper tantrum and demanded the coach be fired.

Yikes..

NastyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 07:52 AM
  #728
TheBigThree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,331
vCash: 500
Well nothing bad can happen now that eichel knows how much pull he has, what an embarrassing organization. Murray was decent, should have kept him.

TheBigThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:09 AM
  #729
WJZ3
Enzo Sauce
 
WJZ3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charm City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,693
vCash: 500
Other team's fans are really eating up this "Eichel got the coach fired" stuff, I love it!

WJZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:16 AM
  #730
Sansbacon
Registered User
 
Sansbacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Riverdale, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJZ3 View Post
Other team's fans are really eating up this "Eichel got the coach fired" stuff, I love it!
At this point it's just hilarious

Sansbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:20 AM
  #731
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 21,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
So... Eichel missed out on his bonus, threw a temper tantrum and demanded the coach be fired.

Yikes..
That's your hot take?

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:56 AM
  #732
Rick74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansbacon View Post
At this point it's just hilarious
If you are that easily duped you deserve what ya get.

I'm listening to hockey centric pod casts yesterday and today and they seem to suggest the exact same thing that others in this thread that DON'T have a buffalo avatar are suggesting.

Where their is smoke, theirs fire.

The irony through all this? I think Buffalo is easily in playoff spot contention if they had a healthy Eichel for most of the season.

Literally their lack of success this year isn't due to bad moves by the GM or bad coaching, it was injuries. So they could go out and get a new GM and a new coach and if they get hit by injury bad luck, they don't make the playoffs AGAIN.

So good luck with that.

Rick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:58 AM
  #733
KrisLetAngry
#teamKanye
 
KrisLetAngry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,681
vCash: 50
This is awesome for buffalo bit damn Richek

KrisLetAngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:01 AM
  #734
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
Do we know for sure that Pegula didn't ask Murray to fire the coach... he declined... so then Pegula fired them both?

That scenario has happened before.
Very well possible but I also thought I heard that Murray is the one who leaked the info about Eichel which as an ownership group I don't blame for showing both the door.

Whoever leaked it is slimy. Certainly wasn't Eichel or his camp b/c they'd know how that would make them look.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:08 AM
  #735
BillDerlago
Mustache man
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 905
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,138
vCash: 500
This just reeks of someone trying to throw Eichel under the bus...someone with knowledge that Bylsma was getting canned. I'm not a conspiracy guy but this just seems all too convenient.

BillDerlago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:13 AM
  #736
Mattilaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick74 View Post
If you are that easily duped you deserve what ya get.

I'm listening to hockey centric pod casts yesterday and today and they seem to suggest the exact same thing that others in this thread that DON'T have a buffalo avatar are suggesting.

Where their is smoke, theirs fire.

The irony through all this? I think Buffalo is easily in playoff spot contention if they had a healthy Eichel for most of the season.

Literally their lack of success this year isn't due to bad moves by the GM or bad coaching, it was injuries. So they could go out and get a new GM and a new coach and if they get hit by injury bad luck, they don't make the playoffs AGAIN.

So good luck with that.
And all of them have no source except for the Paul Hamilton article which he backtracked from. Sorry but I take the words of Dreger, Vogl, Pegula, Eichel, Eichel's agent, and Tim Murray over the word of a single tabloid journalist. If you don't then nothing will convince you and this discussion is useless.

And before you say all those sources are biased, they are no more biased then the tabloid journalist who stands to gain massive amounts of clicks for producing such a "story".

Mattilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:26 AM
  #737
Rick74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattilaus View Post
And all of them have no source except for the Paul Hamilton article which he backtracked from. Sorry but I take the words of Dreger, Vogl, Pegula, Eichel, Eichel's agent, and Tim Murray over the word of a single tabloid journalist. If you don't then nothing will convince you and this discussion is useless.

And before you say all those sources are biased, they are no more biased then the tabloid journalist who stands to gain massive amounts of clicks for producing such a "story".
Except Eichel just threw his team under the bus by accusing them as just being passengers while not calling them passengers (I always get a kick out of that) publicly in his last interview with the press before summer)

So his attitude is questionable at best.

Rick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:42 AM
  #738
Konig96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
As a Pens fan I can understand Eichels (and probably most if not all of his team mates) frustrations. I couldn't take another minute of watching Bylsma standing on the bench looking like a deer in head lights sipping from that damn bottle of water. Seemed like he wanted to be friends with the players more than be their coach. Sullivan on the other hand from day 1 last year made it very clear that he was the coach and in charge. Perhaps Eichel is actually looking for that and at the young age of 20 just doesn't know how to communicate it?

Konig96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:45 AM
  #739
81818o8
Registered User
 
81818o8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick74 View Post
If you are that easily duped you deserve what ya get.

I'm listening to hockey centric pod casts yesterday and today and they seem to suggest the exact same thing that others in this thread that DON'T have a buffalo avatar are suggesting.

Where their is smoke, theirs fire.

The irony through all this? I think Buffalo is easily in playoff spot contention if they had a healthy Eichel for most of the season.

Literally their lack of success this year isn't due to bad moves by the GM or bad coaching, it was injuries. So they could go out and get a new GM and a new coach and if they get hit by injury bad luck, they don't make the playoffs AGAIN.

So good luck with that.
Then why was their points % with Eichel only marginally better than without him? Still nowhere near playoff caliber. This team had zero shot at the playoffs with the worst coach in the NHL behind the bench. He was dragging them down immensely and should have been fired before the new year

81818o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:46 AM
  #740
Dogewow
Such Profile
 
Dogewow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
So... Eichel missed out on his bonus, threw a temper tantrum and demanded the coach be fired.

Yikes..
Yet another uninformed post.

Dogewow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:47 AM
  #741
81818o8
Registered User
 
81818o8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick74 View Post
Except Eichel just threw his team under the bus by accusing them as just being passengers while not calling them passengers (I always get a kick out of that) publicly in his last interview with the press before summer)

So his attitude is questionable at best.
Again, garbage. He said "we all need to be better". Everything he said he said about the whole team, including himself, who he was very hard on. "We can't be satisfied just being in the NHL" is throwing no one under the bus.

The hot takes are hilarious

81818o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:48 AM
  #742
Chip Chipperson
Registered User
 
Chip Chipperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Flawless victory.

One of the best coach killers I've seen.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:49 AM
  #743
81818o8
Registered User
 
81818o8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Flawless victory.

One of the best coach killers I've seen.
Except most people that follow the team were already expecting him to be fired before the Eichel "story"

81818o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 10:36 AM
  #744
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Flawless victory.

One of the best coach killers I've seen.
DB killed himself by sucking ass at his job.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 10:50 AM
  #745
Rick74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81818o8 View Post
Again, garbage. He said "we all need to be better". Everything he said he said about the whole team, including himself, who he was very hard on. "We can't be satisfied just being in the NHL" is throwing no one under the bus.

The hot takes are hilarious


Even if we ignore the fact that he's obviously frustrated and annoyed and seems to have a problem of hiding it visually as it's written all over his face/body language.

Christ is English a second language here?

"I think it's important to realize that you can't be satisfied with just playing in the NHL..."

“I think guys want to win,” Eichel said on Monday, “but there’s a difference between saying you want to win and actually wanting to win and putting the work in and dedicating your life to it.”

Now he does try to slightly retract it in the same interview, probably because he realized what he just said and wanted to take the edge off of it...but then it was too late. He already said it...twice.

I love how you wanna spin this any other way.

Like you think anyone in Chicago is talking about "passengers" or "people not wanting to win"?

Give me a break.

Rick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 10:59 AM
  #746
Lahey
Registered User
 
Lahey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 1297
What a crybaby, second year in the league... should have no right to say that about his team or anything to do with coaching. kid has issues

Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:04 AM
  #747
SnuggaRUDE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
This thread is fly paper for Maple Leafs

SnuggaRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:12 AM
  #748
Mattilaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuggaRUDE View Post
This thread is fly paper for Maple Leafs
It's actually gotten to the point I feel bad for the good leaf fans who have to deal with these people on their leafs board all the time. Must be incredibly frustrating.

Mattilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:12 AM
  #749
Voight
MAGA
 
Voight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA > TOR
Country: United Nations
Posts: 14,613
vCash: 520
Murray wasn't the best GM, it didn't help when he admitted he tanked for McDavid and then some of his win-now moves didn't work out. Byslma also wasn't the best hire, even at the time.

Voight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:34 AM
  #750
Thorton02
Registered User
 
Thorton02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig96 View Post
As a Pens fan I can understand Eichels (and probably most if not all of his team mates) frustrations. I couldn't take another minute of watching Bylsma standing on the bench looking like a deer in head lights sipping from that damn bottle of water. Seemed like he wanted to be friends with the players more than be their coach. Sullivan on the other hand from day 1 last year made it very clear that he was the coach and in charge. Perhaps Eichel is actually looking for that and at the young age of 20 just doesn't know how to communicate it?
Yeah, fans that didn't have to endure Bylsma just don't get it. Our beat writer reported last night that he once saw Bylsma standing in the hallway when Malkin walked by. Bylsma said something like "Hi Evengi" and Malkin didn't say a word back. Just walked right passed him.

What other posters are missing is that it wasn't just Eichel that didn't want to play for Bylsma. The term thrown around is "despised" and it was from multiple players, both young and old. Eichel carried the message and is the guy shouldering all the blame. To me, that spells leadership. The fact that he was willing to get crucified by Canadian media to cover for his teamates and get his point across speaks volumes.

Thorton02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.