HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eichel vs Bylsma

Old
04-21-2017, 07:17 AM
93gilmour93

vCash: 500
Breaking News!!! All coaching candidates must provide Eichel with a shoulder massage,1 bottle of wine and a bowl of Red Smarties. If there is one candy that's not red in the bowl you are out. This is Jack's world and you will play by Jack's rules......

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 07:19 AM
NastyNick

So... Eichel missed out on his bonus, threw a temper tantrum and demanded the coach be fired.

Yikes..

NastyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 07:52 AM
TheBigThree

Well nothing bad can happen now that eichel knows how much pull he has, what an embarrassing organization. Murray was decent, should have kept him.

TheBigThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:09 AM
WJZ3
Enzo Sauce

Other team's fans are really eating up this "Eichel got the coach fired" stuff, I love it!

WJZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Sansbacon

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJZ3 View Post
Other team's fans are really eating up this "Eichel got the coach fired" stuff, I love it!
At this point it's just hilarious

Sansbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:20 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
So... Eichel missed out on his bonus, threw a temper tantrum and demanded the coach be fired.

Yikes..
That's your hot take?

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:56 AM
Rick74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansbacon View Post
At this point it's just hilarious
If you are that easily duped you deserve what ya get.

I'm listening to hockey centric pod casts yesterday and today and they seem to suggest the exact same thing that others in this thread that DON'T have a buffalo avatar are suggesting.

Where their is smoke, theirs fire.

The irony through all this? I think Buffalo is easily in playoff spot contention if they had a healthy Eichel for most of the season.

Literally their lack of success this year isn't due to bad moves by the GM or bad coaching, it was injuries. So they could go out and get a new GM and a new coach and if they get hit by injury bad luck, they don't make the playoffs AGAIN.

So good luck with that.

Rick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:58 AM
KrisLetAngry
#teamKanye

vCash: 50
This is awesome for buffalo bit damn Richek

KrisLetAngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:01 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
Do we know for sure that Pegula didn't ask Murray to fire the coach... he declined... so then Pegula fired them both?

That scenario has happened before.
Very well possible but I also thought I heard that Murray is the one who leaked the info about Eichel which as an ownership group I don't blame for showing both the door.

Whoever leaked it is slimy. Certainly wasn't Eichel or his camp b/c they'd know how that would make them look.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:08 AM
BillDerlago
Mustache man

This just reeks of someone trying to throw Eichel under the bus...someone with knowledge that Bylsma was getting canned. I'm not a conspiracy guy but this just seems all too convenient.

BillDerlago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:13 AM
Mattilaus

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick74 View Post

I'm listening to hockey centric pod casts yesterday and today and they seem to suggest the exact same thing that others in this thread that DON'T have a buffalo avatar are suggesting.

The irony through all this? I think Buffalo is easily in playoff spot contention if they had a healthy Eichel for most of the season.

Literally their lack of success this year isn't due to bad moves by the GM or bad coaching, it was injuries. So they could go out and get a new GM and a new coach and if they get hit by injury bad luck, they don't make the playoffs AGAIN.

So good luck with that.
And all of them have no source except for the Paul Hamilton article which he backtracked from. Sorry but I take the words of Dreger, Vogl, Pegula, Eichel, Eichel's agent, and Tim Murray over the word of a single tabloid journalist. If you don't then nothing will convince you and this discussion is useless.

And before you say all those sources are biased, they are no more biased then the tabloid journalist who stands to gain massive amounts of clicks for producing such a "story".

Mattilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:26 AM
Rick74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattilaus View Post
And all of them have no source except for the Paul Hamilton article which he backtracked from. Sorry but I take the words of Dreger, Vogl, Pegula, Eichel, Eichel's agent, and Tim Murray over the word of a single tabloid journalist. If you don't then nothing will convince you and this discussion is useless.

And before you say all those sources are biased, they are no more biased then the tabloid journalist who stands to gain massive amounts of clicks for producing such a "story".
Except Eichel just threw his team under the bus by accusing them as just being passengers while not calling them passengers (I always get a kick out of that) publicly in his last interview with the press before summer)

So his attitude is questionable at best.

Old
04-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Konig96

As a Pens fan I can understand Eichels (and probably most if not all of his team mates) frustrations. I couldn't take another minute of watching Bylsma standing on the bench looking like a deer in head lights sipping from that damn bottle of water. Seemed like he wanted to be friends with the players more than be their coach. Sullivan on the other hand from day 1 last year made it very clear that he was the coach and in charge. Perhaps Eichel is actually looking for that and at the young age of 20 just doesn't know how to communicate it?

Konig96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:45 AM
81818o8

Quote:

So good luck with that.
Then why was their points % with Eichel only marginally better than without him? Still nowhere near playoff caliber. This team had zero shot at the playoffs with the worst coach in the NHL behind the bench. He was dragging them down immensely and should have been fired before the new year

81818o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Dogewow
Such Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post

Yikes..
Yet another uninformed post.

Dogewow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:47 AM
81818o8

Quote:
Except Eichel just threw his team under the bus by accusing them as just being passengers while not calling them passengers (I always get a kick out of that) publicly in his last interview with the press before summer)

So his attitude is questionable at best.
Again, garbage. He said "we all need to be better". Everything he said he said about the whole team, including himself, who he was very hard on. "We can't be satisfied just being in the NHL" is throwing no one under the bus.

The hot takes are hilarious

Old
04-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Chip Chipperson

Flawless victory.

One of the best coach killers I've seen.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:49 AM
81818o8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Flawless victory.

Except most people that follow the team were already expecting him to be fired before the Eichel "story"

Old
04-21-2017, 10:36 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Flawless victory.

DB killed himself by sucking ass at his job.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 10:50 AM
Rick74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81818o8 View Post
Again, garbage. He said "we all need to be better". Everything he said he said about the whole team, including himself, who he was very hard on. "We can't be satisfied just being in the NHL" is throwing no one under the bus.

The hot takes are hilarious

Even if we ignore the fact that he's obviously frustrated and annoyed and seems to have a problem of hiding it visually as it's written all over his face/body language.

Christ is English a second language here?

"I think it's important to realize that you can't be satisfied with just playing in the NHL..."

“I think guys want to win,” Eichel said on Monday, “but there’s a difference between saying you want to win and actually wanting to win and putting the work in and dedicating your life to it.”

Now he does try to slightly retract it in the same interview, probably because he realized what he just said and wanted to take the edge off of it...but then it was too late. He already said it...twice.

I love how you wanna spin this any other way.

Like you think anyone in Chicago is talking about "passengers" or "people not wanting to win"?

Give me a break.

Old
04-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Lahey

vCash: 1297
What a crybaby, second year in the league... should have no right to say that about his team or anything to do with coaching. kid has issues

Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:04 AM
SnuggaRUDE

This thread is fly paper for Maple Leafs

SnuggaRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Mattilaus

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuggaRUDE View Post
This thread is fly paper for Maple Leafs
It's actually gotten to the point I feel bad for the good leaf fans who have to deal with these people on their leafs board all the time. Must be incredibly frustrating.

Mattilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Voight
MAGA

vCash: 520
Murray wasn't the best GM, it didn't help when he admitted he tanked for McDavid and then some of his win-now moves didn't work out. Byslma also wasn't the best hire, even at the time.

Voight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Thorton02

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig96 View Post
As a Pens fan I can understand Eichels (and probably most if not all of his team mates) frustrations. I couldn't take another minute of watching Bylsma standing on the bench looking like a deer in head lights sipping from that damn bottle of water. Seemed like he wanted to be friends with the players more than be their coach. Sullivan on the other hand from day 1 last year made it very clear that he was the coach and in charge. Perhaps Eichel is actually looking for that and at the young age of 20 just doesn't know how to communicate it?
Yeah, fans that didn't have to endure Bylsma just don't get it. Our beat writer reported last night that he once saw Bylsma standing in the hallway when Malkin walked by. Bylsma said something like "Hi Evengi" and Malkin didn't say a word back. Just walked right passed him.

What other posters are missing is that it wasn't just Eichel that didn't want to play for Bylsma. The term thrown around is "despised" and it was from multiple players, both young and old. Eichel carried the message and is the guy shouldering all the blame. To me, that spells leadership. The fact that he was willing to get crucified by Canadian media to cover for his teamates and get his point across speaks volumes.

Thorton02 is offline   Reply With Quote