HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

Old
04-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Is the Nissan Stadium free parking going to be a thing tonight with the Thomas Rhett concert going on at Ascend at the same time?
Free parking for tonight's game. Nothing stating it would be in a different lot.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 01:40 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Free parking for tonight's game. Nothing stating it would be in a different lot.
Where did you hear this?

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

http://www.parkitdowntown.com/parkin...-event-parking

I always check this site for that sort of information. :-)

Old
04-20-2017, 02:13 PM
LCPreds

How tough is it to get out of that Titans lot (generally speaking)? I definitely don't mind that walk especially with weather like we're supposed to have tonight.

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 02:16 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
http://www.parkitdowntown.com/parkin...-event-parking

I always check this site for that sort of information. :-)
Awesome, thanks. I checked it earlier and it claimed to have free parking for both the game and the concert so I was just wondering if one got priority.

Old
04-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
How tough is it to get out of that Titans lot (generally speaking)? I definitely don't mind that walk especially with weather like we're supposed to have tonight.
It's not usually hard getting out of the lot. The roads around it heading towards the interstates can get a little clogged but the actual lot is fine.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 02:45 PM
Preds33

Quote:
I'd say that parking will be in Lot D, that's where it was for Monday Night's game.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 08:26 AM
Butchered
I'm with Kuch

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Glad to see you guys handle business against CHI. Will be exciting to be in Nashville and see some of the games at the local spots.

Last edited by Butchered: 04-25-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2017, 03:52 PM
Butchered
I'm with Kuch

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
We want to try and go to one of the viewings outside of the arena. Anything we should know about that?

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2017, 06:34 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 160
Back from my quick 5 day trip to Nashville.

Had a lot of fun, did a lot a major cities in the USA and I would say Nashville is up there in the top 3 even before a city like New York. Love the atmosphere.

First day we spent the day downtown, j cash museum, stores on broadway, hall of fame.
Second day downtown again because of the nice weather, we did the ryman visit, studio b, went to walk around Nissan stadium etc.
Third day we went to see Vanderbilt and Tennessee u just for fun, park with the parthenon, had our show at ascend on that night also, great outdoor show, great venue. Nashville swept chicago that night, was expecting a big party downtown but maybe I was too late. Got my son a PK jersey.
Fourth we went to see the jack daniels distillery, have to say, great visit, worth the drive.
Five we went shopping and saw the new grand opra. That shopping mall (opry mills) is something special, all the great stores at the same place. Wife was really happy, credit card not so happy.

I tried a lot of different restaurants, martin's was really good thank you guys (ribs, mac and cheese), really like the wildhorse also, baked potato and brisket was on perfect.

Our hotel was in Brentwood, drive downtown was nice and easy, even with traffic. Brentwood is a really nice place. I assume it's where people with money stay outside of Nashville? Went to see a football practice at the brentwood academy also.

Overall, I would do it again

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post

Our hotel was in Brentwood, drive downtown was nice and easy, even with traffic. Brentwood is a really nice place. I assume it's where people with money stay outside of Nashville? Went to see a football practice at the brentwood academy also.

Overall, I would do it again
Brentwood is a pretty wealthy area as a whole. A lot of athletes and musicians live there among others. I know Subban and Mike Fisher/Carrie Underwood live there as well. So, yes, as far as I know if you're on the Preds or Titans you generally live in Brentwood if you're outside of Nashville. If you're an NFL fan at all, seeing a football practice at Brentwood Academy is ironic because the 5th pick by the Jaguars in last year's draft, Jalen Ramsey, played there.

Regarding you not seeing a lot of Preds fans I heard a story from a guy at work that had a hard time sleeping for a bit because he could hear a lot of people nearby at bars celebrating. I don't know what time you were there but inside there was certainly a party.

Glad you had a good time.

Last edited by Drake744: 04-25-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old
04-25-2017, 07:03 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Butchered, this is just from reports (never gone to watch a game outside) but I think if you either bring a chair or a blanket to sit on you'll be fine, so long as it doesn't rain. There's plenty to eat/drink nearby but I've heard people say you can bring a cooler and that they had beer in there. Whether it's true or not is anyone's guess. Maybe someone else on here has done so.

Classless--always love to get a review of our city. Sounds like you had a great time. Just so you know, Tennessee State University (TSU) is not the same school as the University of Tennessee (it's around 3.5 hrs to the east). Brentwood has a lot of nice homes but there are plenty of similar areas in the city. There are some pretty dicey areas, too, but on the whole it's a pretty good place to live.

Old
04-26-2017, 04:26 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 160
Quote:
Butchered, this is just from reports (never gone to watch a game outside) but I think if you either bring a chair or a blanket to sit on you'll be fine, so long as it doesn't rain. There's plenty to eat/drink nearby but I've heard people say you can bring a cooler and that they had beer in there. Whether it's true or not is anyone's guess. Maybe someone else on here has done so.

Classless--always love to get a review of our city. Sounds like you had a great time. Just so you know, Tennessee State University (TSU) is not the same school as the University of Tennessee (it's around 3.5 hrs to the east). Brentwood has a lot of nice homes but there are plenty of similar areas in the city. There are some pretty dicey areas, too, but on the whole it's a pretty good place to live.
You are right, should've said the volunteers, incredible when you compare the difference between the number/quality of facilities and what we have here in Canada.

I got out of the show at 10:30 walked from the ascend to the 8th, I guess I missed the party on Broaway, normally in montreal people would'have set cars on fire

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 08:38 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

If you were still in Nashville, it was the TSU Tigers. UT Knoxville is the home of the Volunteers (my alma mater!)

Old
05-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Bongo

Is it possible for me to listen to Pete Weber call the game instead of the horrible NBC crew?

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Is it possible for me to listen to Pete Weber call the game instead of the horrible NBC crew?
102.5 The Game radio.

Download the app

Old
05-22-2017, 09:08 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

It is way behind the TV though. Could pause TV and try to sync them up i suppose.

Old
05-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
102.5 The Game radio.

Download the app
Do you know the call letters?

Old
05-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
do you know the call letters?
wprt-fm

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Wouldn't the app be blacked out from playing the game?

Old
05-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

If you can't get the game on the app, try using the Tune In app instead. It has every game running through its feed, home and away options. To my knowledge they're not blocked.

Old
05-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Wouldn't the app be blacked out from playing the game?
No idea, I haven't tried it during a game in a long time.

Quote:
If you can't get the game on the app, try using the Tune In app instead. It has every game running through its feed, home and away options. To my knowledge they're not blocked.
I use this app a lot for out of town games but never have tried to use it for one of ours.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
No idea, I haven't tried it during a game in a long time.

I use this app a lot for out of town games but never have tried to use it for one of ours.
I am fairly sure I used Tune In coming back from Athens AL one time. Until you get past the hills to somewhere between Cornersville and Lewisburg the station just won't come in for me.

But in case my memory is just its usual faulty self, another idea is to check for an unblocked radio feed via NBC Sports.

Don't quite understand the logic behind the station's own app blocking it, guess it's NHL rules but why would they let stations stream it at all, then?

Old
05-22-2017, 01:31 PM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
It is way behind the TV though. Could pause TV and try to sync them up i suppose.
I'm used to that from the Thrashers days. The NBC guys are the worst though so I'll get through.

Thanks everybody.

Old
05-22-2017, 10:39 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Oh my gawd, if the Cup Final goes to the 11th, that's at home. Last day for CMA Fest. Last day of Bonnaroo.

#allthebooze

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote