HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Off Season Moves by the Habs

View Poll Results: What now?
Overhaul (Big changes across the board) 30 32.26%
Tweak (A couple of moves is all we need) 26 27.96%
Rebuild (Trade vets for picks/prospects) 37 39.78%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2017, 12:17 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
well who was the last GM who didn't speak french? i don't remember one, but I'm only 28.
Gainey wasn't exactly the most french guy in the world. He could put a sentence together but I don't see why the new guy couldn't take some classes. We could always hire an assistant to help early on. Then again, I'm not even sure who's available. Maybe we could just get a great bilingual guy and the whole thing is moot.

Looks like it won't happen until 2022 anyway. But of course by 2020 we'll have given him another five year deal so we're really looking at 2027...

04-21-2017, 12:19 AM
cjbhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Oh my God.

So we gave him an extension in 2015 two years before his current deal even expired. What the hell was that? Oh man that is horrible. I had no idea that we structured it that way. Why would you extend the guy when he still has two years left on his deal? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
made ECF in 14 and beat Ottawa in 15.. if we didn't lock him up everyone else would have been racing to get him on with them.

Old
04-21-2017, 01:02 AM
TalkingHead

How many #1Cs are there in the NHL? With that in mind, can one be gotten through trading without extremely overpaying?

Old
04-21-2017, 01:18 AM
AshyHabs
King in the North

need moar

Old
04-21-2017, 01:28 AM
The Optimistic One
Fire Bergevin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Oh my God.

So we gave him an extension in 2015 two years before his current deal even expired. What the hell was that? Oh man that is horrible. I had no idea that we structured it that way. Why would you extend the guy when he still has two years left on his deal? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Should the Habs lose to the Rangers, Molson will have to fire Bergevin, because his seats are on the line (loss of $). The first half of this season was brutal: lots of empty seats everywhere... People don't want to pay the exaggerated high price to see a loser team (this isn't the Florida Panthers who offer premium seats, hot dogs and a cold beer as a bundle for under $50). Molson knows that Bergevin ****ed **** up by trading away PK Subban for Weber (nothing wrong with Weber, but Subban was a playoff hero & a superstar) and for having such a long leash for Therrien, among other things. Also, his Shaw trade (and extension) didn't help out: at all. 5 games: 0 points. Add to that he didn't address the top 6 at all. I know the deadline was quiet, but when you gotta do something, you gotta do it (not trade picks for players like slowpoke King, and useless Martinsen, etc).

Last edited by The Optimistic One: 04-21-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Old
04-21-2017, 02:10 AM
voyageur
The watchful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingHead View Post
How many #1Cs are there in the NHL? With that in mind, can one be gotten through trading without extremely overpaying?
I know the Canadiens had interest in Bryan Little. Rick Dudley is familiar with him. He is an under the radar centre in the last year of his contract.

Jets lost their season when he was out, but they have a replacement in the wings. If they cannot re-sign him, i think there is a chance he might be available at the draft. Jets need defense, so perhaps Juulsen, Redmond and a 2nd, and conditional draft pick gets him.

Duchesne for Pacioretty and Scherbak

Duchesne-Little-Radulov(A)
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher (A)
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Lehkonen-Hudon-McCarron
Mitchell

Benn-Weber(C)
Emelin-Petry
Markov (altA)(1yr-$3.5 m)-Sergachev
Davidson

Price
Montoya

Beaulieu lost to XD.

Old
04-21-2017, 06:16 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I know the Canadiens had interest in Bryan Little. Rick Dudley is familiar with him. He is an under the radar centre in the last year of his contract.

Jets lost their season when he was out, but they have a replacement in the wings. If they cannot re-sign him, i think there is a chance he might be available at the draft. Jets need defense, so perhaps Juulsen, Redmond and a 2nd, and conditional draft pick gets him.
A year ago I would of made that trade, but now I wouldn't make it and that's on the Jet's, a year ago they had a choice of whether to keep him or not and they chose to keep him.

If you want to make a trade involving Beaulieu or this years 1st + ?, sure.

Old
04-21-2017, 07:13 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post

Duchesne for Pacioretty and Scherbak

Duchesne-Little-Radulov(A)
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher (A)
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Lehkonen-Hudon-McCarron
Mitchell

Benn-Weber(C)
Emelin-Petry
Markov (altA)(1yr-$3.5 m)-Sergachev
Davidson

Price
Montoya

Beaulieu lost to XD.
Little can't stay healthy.

Habs should trade Price to a Calgary or Winnipeg thou. They need goalie and Habs need top center. Get a Monahan or Schifele in return. Habs have 2 good goalies in system, plus they could sign a Ryan Miller type yo tudor their entrance into NHL.

Old
04-21-2017, 07:27 AM
IKnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimStone64 View Post

Habs should trade Price to a Calgary or Winnipeg thou. They need goalie and Habs need top center. Get a Monahan or Schifele in return. Habs have 2 good goalies in system, plus they could sign a Ryan Miller type yo tudor their entrance into NHL.
Bergevin ****eeed up in trading subban

Now we need to blow up this team

in 2018 there will be J Valeno , we need to trade:

Weber for a TOP prospect and 2018 first pick
Price for 1 top prospect and a 1st in 2018
Patch the ghost for a Top prospect and a 1st in 2018
We tank in 2018 to try and get valeno

4 first round picks in 2018 we can rebuild in 3-4 years - LIKE TORONTO

The way we are doing it now is that we are not strong enough to get past 1st round palyoffs yet we will always be around 16th place...this is Unacceptable

TORONTO will go further than us in 2 years -

And for all of you who thought that Subban trade was good ... FU !!!! we now have no PMD

Old
04-21-2017, 07:30 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Quote:
Oh my God.

Why do you think I've been so despondent?

This organisation is shambolic in everything they do -- except for when they pimp out the glorious history they've had no connection, affiliation, or relationship with. They're reallllly good at pimping out our past to us, at a premium.

Old
04-21-2017, 07:33 AM
No Team Needed

Can you imagine the bidding war for Price at a trade deadline?

That would just be crazy.

Old
04-21-2017, 07:45 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post

What team in the playoff hunt would need a goalie? His bidding war would be in the summer.

Old
04-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimStone64 View Post

Little has been relatively healthy his whole career and has had two unrelated injuries in the past two years. That's probably very average by NHL standards. He's missed around 50 games in the past 5 seasons, not a big deal.

We're not getting Sceiffele or Monahan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowNothing View Post

And for all of you who thought that Subban trade was good ... FU !!!! we now have no PMD
Was there anyone here who actually thought the PK for Weber trade was a good trade when it happened ? If you want to blow off steam maybe you should find this place where they thought the PK trade was a good idea and vent there.

Old
04-21-2017, 08:09 AM
IKnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Little has been relatively healthy his whole career and has had two unrelated injuries in the past two years. That's probably very average by NHL standards. He's missed around 50 games in the past 5 seasons, not a big deal.

We're not getting Sceiffele or Monahan.

Was there anyone here who actually thought the PK for Weber trade was a good trade when it happened ? If you want to blow off steam maybe you should find this place where they thought the PK trade was a good idea and vent there.
Many on this board
MANY ON THIS BOARD !!!

Old
04-21-2017, 08:19 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Do you know how many folks supported the trade? Do you have any idea how bewildering it was to see regular fans turn on PK the way they did? Question his motives for pledging 10m to the dilapidated hospitals we have, his leadership and character, even his professionalism? It was lunacy - many are still around, shamelessly shifting the goal posts and pointing at Weber's recent performance and insisting we got the better end of the deal.

Old
04-21-2017, 08:30 AM
sandviper

Quote:

Yeah, I would not trade Price during the summer. In fact, I would not trade Patches either during the summer. Of course, this goes out the window if Tavares is suddenly being shopped at the draft. Here's to hoping Patches and Price stay healthy enough to dangle next TDL. A multi-award winning goalie and 30+ goal scorer at $4.5 will fetch a lot to a contender.

All that aside, our window is still open, but unless we add a bonafide #1C this summer without losing #31, 67, or 27, we'll just end up making the playoffs again and likely bounced in the early rounds. In that case, I'd be fine blowing this up.

Old
04-21-2017, 08:32 AM
IKnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Do you know how many folks supported the trade? Do you have any idea how bewildering it was to see regular fans turn on PK the way they did? Question his motives for pledging 10m to the dilapidated hospitals we have, his leadership and character, even his professionalism? It was lunacy - many are still around, shamelessly shifting the goal posts and pointing at Weber's recent performance and insisting we got the better end of the deal.
Bergevin needs to go...he has failed big time....his biggest mistake was hiring a man that was notorious for hating on Subban...

The Best D since chelios and they let him GO !!!!

WTF where was that piece of **** molson...does molson have any balls ????

Old
04-21-2017, 08:34 AM
IKnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandviper View Post
Yeah, I would not trade Price during the summer. In fact, I would not trade Patches either during the summer. Of course, this goes out the window if Tavares is suddenly being shopped at the draft. Here's to hoping Patches and Price stay healthy enough to dangle next TDL. A multi-award winning goalie and 30+ goal scorer at $4.5 will fetch a lot to a contender.

All that aside, our window is still open, but unless we add a bonafide #1C this summer without losing #31, 67, or 27, we'll just end up making the playoffs again and likely bounced in the early rounds. In that case, I'd be fine blowing this up.

Get over it...OUR window is CLOSED

We r NOT getting better....its all down hill

We need to trade Weber, patches, Price....NOW !!!! this summer

We can go after Montrealer J Valeno in 2018

Molson needs to grow some BALLS and clean house

Old
04-21-2017, 09:12 AM
waitin425

I think we should be doing something around chucky for Hanifin and duchene for sergachev. While I love sergachev, I feel like it would obviously start with him for Duchene who is an upgrade from Chucky. Hanifin is also an upgrade from Serg, so it's a win for us. Obviously we will need to add sweeteners to get that deal done. Next year go with something like....

Patches - Duchene - Rads
Lehkonen - pleks - Gally
Shaw - Danault - scherbak
Ott - mac - Byron

Weber-Markov
Emelin- petry
Benn-hanifin

Say good bye to beau

Old
04-21-2017, 09:20 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yeah, wow, that was some serious revisionist history. We had a guy saying he worked at the hospital and Subban never talked to kids so he really just donated the money for attention. Because that totally mattered on whether it was a good trade or not.

People were claiming at the start of the season that Montreal traded a broken player for a man mountain Norris Trophy contender.

Everyone misquoting, "I don't get paid to score goals" and saying that's why Subban had to go.

The craziest justification was that Weber fit Therrien better. Like that's the reason to trade your best skater.

Old
04-21-2017, 09:34 AM
IKnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
I think we should be doing something around chucky for Hanifin and duchene for sergachev. While I love sergachev, I feel like it would obviously start with him for Duchene who is an upgrade from Chucky. Hanifin is also an upgrade from Serg, so it's a win for us. Obviously we will need to add sweeteners to get that deal done. Next year go with something like....

Patches - Duchene - Rads
Lehkonen - pleks - Gally
Shaw - Danault - scherbak
Ott - mac - Byron

Weber-Markov
Emelin- petry
Benn-hanifin

Say good bye to beau
sheeeeesh you still have markov on the first pairing...lol !!!

have you seen markov play recently ? he has been horrible

GIVE ME SUBBAN !!!!!

By the way...how did you get duchene on the team ?

Old
04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
I love Price but i think i'd seriously consider trading him if i was Bergevin, unless he can sign him at a fair price...but if we're talking 10M+ cap hit, sadly i don't want him.

You can't load 15% of your mass on 1 goaltender...he's great but he has never shown any signs that he can steal a series, or even steal a playoff run like Roy has done, or Gigučre, Brodeur, Ward, etc.

Old
04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
IKnowNothing

Quote:
Yeah, wow, that was some serious revisionist history. We had a guy saying he worked at the hospital and Subban never talked to kids so he really just donated the money for attention. Because that totally mattered on whether it was a good trade or not.

People were claiming at the start of the season that Montreal traded a broken player for a man mountain Norris Trophy contender.

Everyone misquoting, "I don't get paid to score goals" and saying that's why Subban had to go.

The craziest justification was that Weber fit Therrien better. Like that's the reason to trade your best skater.

I think Moslon was drinking his crappy beer when he made the Subban trade...

Bergevin is horrible...poile spanked the **** out of him

Old
04-21-2017, 09:39 AM
IKnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowNothing View Post
Bergevin ****eeed up in trading subban

Now we need to blow up this team

in 2018 there will be J Valeno , we need to trade:

4 first round picks in 2018 we can rebuild in 3-4 years - LIKE TORONTO

The way we are doing it now is that we are not strong enough to get past 1st round palyoffs yet we will always be around 16th place...this is Unacceptable

TORONTO will go further than us in 2 years -

I second this trade:

LOL!!!

Bergevin...make it happen, you bergevin...freaking got spanked by Poile

Old
04-21-2017, 09:42 AM
76ftw

vCash: 2307
guy with the subban avatar should have one of those crappy beer and calm down.

Closed Thread