HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Rangers lead series 3-2 with a 3-2 win. TY Bergevin

Old
04-21-2017, 08:58 AM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
If this fanbase is really going to blame Price, we deserve that pompous and poopoo Bergevin.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:07 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis76 View Post
Like what kind of goalie spectates the play from ice level while his net is wide open in OT for a good 5 seconds before making any movements to get back in position?
A confident one. And until he gets actually gets burnt on a play like that, he can stay behind the net for 10 seconds for all I care.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:11 AM
BrendanGallagher11

Defense , goaltending and leadership win series and ,,championships

As much as I love Price he is being outplayed
And our captain isn't leading on the ice

BrendanGallagher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Simarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Of course, if Pacioretty could score on a ****ing breakaway then we wouldn't be having this discussion...
Instead we would be having that discussion next game or next round!? Theres no way were winning the cup with this team, i know it,you know it,everybody knows!!! We have Phil Danault as our 1line centre for **** sake!! We are still stick in the middle, like we were the last 25 Years, not good enough to win a cup and not bad enough to get the top end talent at the draft, most of the fans here just have enough of this!!

Simarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:17 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis76 View Post
Dude you are taking things so far and out of context, how do you expect any one to have a rational exchange with what you are giving them?

We are basicly aknowledging that the team is not good... so therefore we wish our Best goalie in the world will carry us becaus that is literally our only option left. But since this dude is playing with zero sense of urgency we are kind realising that we need to move on.
so what you are saying is that when the team wasnt scoring at the end of the season and price was playing godlike and winning us games, that if the offense FAILED TO MATCH THAT MEAGER scoring clip, that the expectation is that PRICE should up his game to continually and perpetually make up for offensifve and defensive liabilities of the rest of the team. that there is no objective level of performance he has to meet, that his job is to save of D's ass every game and make up for the fact that the entire offense corps can't score. Should he be driving the team bus and making the team meals as well ?

Extending that means that so long as his GAA isnt 0.00 he's failed to meet expectations which is IDIOTIC. no sane person expects a golaies GAA to be 0.00 irrespective of how crappy the defense in front of him is or how useless the top 3 has been.

If your argument boils down to " carey price isnt good because he can't score goals" congratulations for that whopper of an insight.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

As far as I'm concerned the following players have stepped up and played well:
(In no particular order)

Gallagher, Price, Weber, Radulov, Markov, Petry, Lekonen, Plekanec

Galchenyuk has been okay but not great. He can look himself in the mirror at least. I cut him some slack for being moved around everywhere.

Everybody else? I don't know man...

04-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I remember people clamouring to trade Gallagher. He and Lehkonen are the only forwards worth a damn in this series. Radulov at some points too.
I'd have hated to trade Gallagher but was ready to do so at the deadline simply because I thought he'd be too hurt to be effective this year and our window is closing.

You're absolutely right though, he's been great.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Simarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
(In no particular order)

Galchenyuk has been okay but not great. He can look himself in the mirror at least. I cut him some slack for being moved around everywhere.

I dont think Price stepped up his game, he's standard Carey, solid, not unbelievable. For me Plek has been good one game, game2, the rest its also the usual pleky playing responsible Boring hockey, creating nothing, not winning one board battle.

The rest i agree with you

Simarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:31 AM
sandysan

Quote:
(In no particular order)

I know you said in no particular order but if you moved lehkonen up 2-3 spots I think this would put them in order for me. tutleneck has been meh to me. Benn and shaw have also been at least as good as plekanec so they are in the meh category as well. maybe not playing "well" but exceeding ( barely) expectations.

Old
04-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisF View Post

Pacioretty has 0 goals this series, & Galchenyuk looks like a bust! Gallagher is Montreal's real captain, he outworks the whole MTL team almost every night.
Yikes. One thing to get called out by Lafleur. But for Robinson to call you out?

Old
04-21-2017, 09:34 AM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Hasek eventually had to leave Buffalo because he knew he wasn't go to win a cup there. He came close but he's living proof you can't just rely on a goalie.
You can't just rely on a center either. Gretzky couldn't win in LA. Neither Mario nor Yzerman nor Sakic could win anything until they had teams around them.

Old
sandysan

Quote:
Yikes. One thing to get called out by Lafleur. But for Robinson to call you out?
its such a cryptic post. I wonder who he could be talking about ???????

In other breaking news: Larry Robinson: not blind !!!!!!!

Old
CheldishGamibno
Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaMtl View Post
Saying Price is not the best goalie in the league makes me a hater?
This is ridiculous.

Im still mad about the Subban trade, talking about it just makes me sad. Weber is alright but Subban was a super star. FU Bergevin. Cant wait for Molson to grow some balls and fire you
You think it was only on Bergevin? Molson agreed for the trade, he is as ******** as Bergevin.

People will say I'm a fake Habs fan but I've been a diehard fan since I'm a little kid. The Subban trade changed that. I'm still a fan, but waaaaay less invested, I don't really care anymore. The Montreal management is laughing at us and I don't want to support that.

CheldishGamibno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
7 day theory

Quote:
(In no particular order)

Cut Galchenyuk some slack?

I'm shocked...

The Chosen one can do no wrong.

Price has played well, but he's getting outplayed by Hank...

Pacioretty is playing well, but not delivering, team needed him to score on that breakaway. He better respond next game or it's going to be a very long offseason.

I don't think the team has been bad, series has been pretty even but imo...Hank is making the difference.

Habs have had about 5-6 breakaways this series and he's stoned them all.

MVP of this series quite easily...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:37 AM
malton

The fact that people are chirping price at all is crazy.

If this series has shown me anything is that we need a complete overhaul on our defense.

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:38 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

I'm shocked...

Price has played well, but he's getting outplayed by Hank...

Pacioretty is playing well, but not delivering, team needed him to score on that breakaway. He better respond next game or it's going to be a very long offseason.

I don't think the team has been bad, series has been pretty even but imo...Hank is making the difference.

Habs have had about 5-6 breakaways this series and he's stoned them all.

MVP of this series quite easily...
I'm sorry what ? Come again ? He is not playing well, he's been abysmal and by far and away the most dissapointing player vis a vis regular season vs playoff performance.

wait I just got a sense of deja vu. eerie.

Old
04-21-2017, 09:39 AM
IcemanTBI

No need to blame Price here. He's done ok imo. Problem is we can't score goals, which has been the main problem all year. Patches has gone dry and when he goes dry goals are a rarity. In the offseason we need to bring in someone who can put the puck in the net.

IcemanTBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CheldishGamibno
Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post

If this series has shown me anything is that we need a complete overhaul on our defense.
Why the defense when the offense can't score for their dear life ?

Old
7 day theory

Quote:

No one is chirping Price...

He's getting outplayed by his counterpart.

That's not the only area this series is getting played, but the Rangers have gotten better goaltending.

That doesn't mean Price has been bad, Lundqvist has just been better.

And that's one matchup the Habs have to have against ANY team to be successful. (It's the same for most teams btw)

Old
04-21-2017, 09:40 AM
7 day theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
I'm sorry what ? Come again ? He is not playing well, he's been abysmal and by far and away the most dissapointing player vis a vis regular season vs playoff performance.

wait I just got a sense of deja vu. eerie.
I said he's playing well...Not outstanding.

Well just means well...It's not an endorsement

Old
04-21-2017, 09:41 AM
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadrüH View Post
Why the defense when the offense can't do ****?
Our defense can't make a decent outlet, can't get pucks through to the net.

These things help you score goals.

Not to mention how many terrible mistakes they've made leading to multiple goals. All three goals last night were directly related to mistakes made by the defense.

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Slippy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
the question ISNT whether a lot of goalies would win, the question is with all the choices who is the clear cut choice ? That's carey price. EVEN the reigning vezina trophy winner knows its not his throne to take.

Again it seems that some of the fan base expects that if we put a minor midget team in front of price we should win games. Price is playing AS WELL as he did if not better than his hot streak to end the season. Patches, our leading scorer in the regular season has done jack all. So the guy who is playing as good or better than he has is getting roasted but the guy ( actually guys) who are playing WORSE than they have are getting a pass. is this bizzaro world?

The habs have problems, on that list goaltending isnt one of them unless you think that the goalies job is to pitch a shutout every game no matter how many defensive breakdowns we give the other team.
I really like your post here and it gives me a little more perspective since I'm one of the guys who can't help but be a little bit disappointed with Price. I think the issue is that when everyone is *****ing during the season that Price saved our *****, we say he's Carey Price, he's our superstar, that's his job, you don't ***** when Crosby single handedly wins HIS team a game right? Well here we are, it's the playoffs. I understand a lot of players on our team are playing like crap and some of the chances that goals were scored off of were extremely dangerous and I understand the SV% debate and all that but I honestly would have hoped that somewhere/somehow and despite all odds, CP could have stole something for us. All it would have taken was 1 game.

Slippy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

I'm shocked...

So, somehow Galchenyuk has been okay not great becomes "he can do no wrong."

Thanks for coming out. That shall be the end of our 'conversation' here.

Old
04-21-2017, 09:43 AM
7 day theory

Quote:

Not to mention how many terrible mistakes they've made leading to multiple goals. All three goals last night were directly related to mistakes made by the defense.
It's the same for the Rangers though...

Old
04-21-2017, 09:44 AM
CheldishGamibno
Turtles

Quote:

True, but when the offense shoots, it's rarely a good chance. They can't get rebounds and they shoot right on Lundqvist's chest.