HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Had a chance to be a hero last night with the breakaway late in the 3rd. Couldn't deliver...story of his playoff career.

Old
04-21-2017, 07:08 AM
cave troll

vCash: 500
If he doesn't deliever in game 6, he's done.
No use for him anymore in Habs. Better trade him when he still has some decent value for his regular season play.
Can't imagine him in Habs jersey 35 years old and earning 6+ mil a year.

Old
04-21-2017, 07:22 AM
JusticeBeaver
wuba luba dub dub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave troll View Post
If he doesn't deliever in game 6, he's done.
No use for him anymore in Habs. Better trade him when he still has some decent value for his regular season play.
Can't imagine him in Habs jersey 35 years old and earning 6+ mil a year.
I've read it here, but if this is the Pacioretty trend, I don't mind it as much if he keeps the sweetheart deals going. Give the habs some cap space to get some legit playmaking centers.

I mean he did use his speed and skill to knock down that puck and take it in. He also was laying the body early. He does good things during a game, outside of scoring. There are others who do little of anything. I'm frustrated with his goal scoring as much as anyone, but in the long run IMO I keep him.

Old
04-21-2017, 07:54 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
As I've stated when Pac was in a slump at the start of the year, if Pacioretty doesn't show up for the next two games, I'm done defending him and for the idea of trading him. Enough is enough, he no longer has any excuses!
There's nothing to defend. There's no real axis between one side or the other in terms of their conception of Pacioretty's play and performance.

I think everyone knows he's inconsistent and streaky, non-physical, and a really good goal-scorer. I don't even think he's that good a sniper in terms of accuracy, he's just really good at releasing the puck and getting it in.

The debate on Pacioretty is on his intangibles, between his critics and those who think that too much is being demanded/required from him. I honestly agree that we wouldn't be facing a game6 and game7 if the rest of the offense kinda chipped in too, so it's not all on Pacioretty, but at some point everyone has to look at the body of evidence, think back to individual series and performances and come to a conclusion.

Many of us already agree: ça suffit. Either add in some big time players to lighten his load, or move him out in a package for a big time player. The status quo cannot stand.

Old
04-21-2017, 08:29 AM
MakeTheGoalsLarger

I haven't had high hopes for this team for years because the leaders keep under performing (Pac, Markov, Plekanec).

Eventually the GM has to realize that it's ok to trade a player for lesser value if you know just can't win a cup with said player. The Thornton trade was a disaster, yet Boston won the cup a few years later.

The Plekanec and Markov cases should be settled soon, but Paccioretty must be traded.

Old
04-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRudy View Post
Pacioretty as to leave Habs next years , Bergevin need to take him out,
Take him out as in The Godfather, Goodfellas or your local East End Sports Bar? Man, I dislike Parches but not that much.

Old
04-21-2017, 08:52 AM
sandviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Had a chance to be a hero last night with the breakaway late in the 3rd. Couldn't deliver...story of his playoff career.
What was depressing was when he was on the break, I knew he wasn't going to score. I felt that approach from behind the net when McD was down was a better chance. Still couldn't deliver...

Most frustrating though are the blind passes through the slot with nobody there and weak chip-ins towards the goal from the half-wall. Meanwhile, Lehkonen is battling with 2nd and 3rd efforts in the dirty areas...

Old
04-21-2017, 08:57 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousmotion View Post
Lafleur on Pacioretty in 2014:

"Guys like (Thomas) Vanek and (Max) Pacioretty, you can not keep that in your team. They should stay home if they are not willing to pay the price. Your team will never win with players like that that fade when there is adversity. You don't play hockey just to have a good season. You play to win the Stanley Cup."

Looking forward to see what Pacioretty does in the elimination game on Saturday. For the sake of the team, hopefully he steps up this time and proves everyone wrong.

In the Greek myth when Pandora opens the box every evil, disease, demon and misfortune flies out. Do you know what was the last thing that came out? Hope. Now you gotta ask yourself were the Greeks being kind and hinting to a light at the end of the tunnel or were they being diabolically ironic? I'd say when it comes to our superstar captain, it's the latter. Oh, the ironing is delicious.

As for the Lafleur quote many here have ridiculed him over the years for things he said. I agreed with him when he first said that and still agree with him. You don't win the Cup with Patches in your top 6.

Old
04-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You have to go with your best players.
Well, you gotta ask yourself when is he your best forward? Time and time again he has shown in the Olympics, World Cup and playoffs you can't count on him. In the regular season, forget it, a world beater. In other occasions a beaten player.

Oh and if he does bother to show up in the 6th game, it doesn't erase everything else.

Old
04-21-2017, 09:08 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
You know that didn't bother me. In breakaways I think the stats show that goalies have the advantage. So I gave Patches a pass on the breakaway. It was the rest of his game that has my blood boiling. If he put in an effort like Lehkonen or Gally and he didn't score, ok, them's the breaks. But playing the game on cruise control is not my idea of putting in an effort.

Last edited by Habs Icing: 04-21-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old
04-21-2017, 09:10 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Icing View Post
Well, you gotta ask yourself when is he your best forward? Time and time again he has shown in the Olympics, World Cup and playoffs you can't count on him. In the regular season, forget it, a world beater. In other occasions a beaten player.

Oh and if he does bother to show up in the 6th game, it doesn't erase everything else.
I know. But you have to give him game 6 to succeed or fail. Bottom line is that we can't win a cup without him. Give him the ice and pray that he wakes up.

I would split him from Radulov though. Chuck goes with Radu and Max can join Pleks/Gallagher. That works for me.

04-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I know. But you have to give him game 6 to succeed or fail. Bottom line is that we can't win a cup without him. Give him the ice and pray that he wakes up.

I would split him from Radulov though. Chuck goes with Radu and Max can join Pleks/Gallagher. That works for me.
I'm gonna floor you so brace yourself.

I'm pissed at Patches but not as much as I was pissed at MB this summer. I had a few exchanges with WS in the summer where I said I wasn't totally happy with MB's work because he didn't get that second top six forward after Rads. WS and I both agreed we needed that other forward because both of us didn't trust Patches in important games. Now if two armchair GMs like WS and me could see that....... But I think MB and his staff saw it but didn't want to believe it because it would cost too much to get that other player.

So this Patches fiasco is as much MB's fault as it is Max's.

Honestly, I don't give a flying puck what Patches does the rest of the playoffs. MB should trade or package him for a #1 center this summer. I don't want him on this team. This past summer I was okay with keeping him if we got help but now even if we get the help I don't want him. Guy Lafleur was right.

Old
04-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Rosso Scuderia

My problem with Max is not just the fact that he haven't scored/produced.. it's the level of intensity/commitment. I don't feel it is hard to play against him at all. No matter which line he is on, the other wingers always work way harder than him (Radulov, Lehkonen).

It's rare that after a game, we can say he gave everything he had out there. It was an honorable effort. I know its hard for any player to give 100% every games, every shifts but Pacioretty is on the bottom of the list in term of consistent effort IMO. Compared to all of our wingers, he should be ashamed. Crazy to think that he is the one that should lead by example with that C on his jersey.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Hardworker33

Can't wait when we're out that we will ''learn'' he was playing with an ''injury''.

Same old same old..

Old
04-21-2017, 12:05 PM
The Nightman
Plateaued User

vCash: 50
Quote:
You know that didn't bother me. In breakaways I think the stats show that goalies have the advantage. So I gave Patches a pass on the breakaway. It was the rest of his game that has my blood boiling. If he put in an effort like Lehkonen or Gally and he didn't score, ok, them's the breaks. But playing the game on cruise control is not my idea of putting in an effort.
We've only seen that effort and intensity from him for one shift in the entire series so far which makes the rest of what we've seen from him all the more frustrating and disappointing, because we know that somewhere deep inside himself, he has what it takes to make a difference.

Until then, he'll continue to be pissy with the media, deflect blame off himself and show zero accountability for his horrific no-shows in the post-season. Exactly the opposite that you'd hope to see in a leader.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I'm gonna floor you so brace yourself.

I'm pissed at Patches but not as much as I was pissed at MB this summer. I had a few exchanges with WS in the summer where I said I wasn't totally happy with MB's work because he didn't get that second top six forward after Rads. WS and I both agreed we needed that other forward because both of us didn't trust Patches in important games. Now if two armchair GMs like WS and me could see that....... But I think MB and his staff saw it but didn't want to believe it because it would cost too much to get that other player.

So this Patches fiasco is as much MB's fault as it is Max's.

Honestly, I don't give a flying puck what Patches does the rest of the playoffs. MB should trade or package him for a #1 center this summer. I don't want him on this team. This past summer I was okay with keeping him if we got help but now even if we get the help I don't want him. Guy Lafleur was right.
I really thought he'd step up in these playoffs. I thought this was the year...

He still has a chance to redeem himself. He'd better do it.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
I'm all for hating Pacioretty. I really do. I don't like that type of player. BUT having said all of that.....people do have to realize that if you decide to have that type of player on your team, you need to give him EVERYTHING he needs to perform. Which is a talented banger on his line. And which is a TALENTER passer as his centerman.

He has neither....he will give you nothing. He's not an initiator. He is a full complementary player. That will surely get WAY too much money on his next contract. But he still can help if he's well surrounded. He's not. So it's 2 things. Status quo is NOT an option. You either keep him and give him what he needs. Or you trade him to get other type of players.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:21 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm all for hating Pacioretty. I really do. I don't like that type of player. BUT having said all of that.....people do have to realize that if you decide to have that type of player on your team, you need to give him EVERYTHING he needs to perform. Which is a talented banger on his line. And which is a TALENTER passer as his centerman.

He has neither....he will give you nothing. He's not an initiator. He is a full complementary player. That will surely get WAY too much money on his next contract. But he still can help if he's well surrounded. He's not. So it's 2 things. Status quo is NOT an option. You either keep him and give him what he needs. Or you trade him to get other type of players.
Were you brave enough to say this at the trade deadline?

Old
04-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Habs

What are you 'fans' going to do when Max scores on Saturday, and Monday, and we win the series.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Of course not. Why? Because I gave him ANOTHER playoff to prove me wrong. Which he isn't doing. Which is why I say that now. Clear enough?

Old
04-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
What are you 'fans' going to do when Max scores on Saturday, and Monday, and we win the series.
Right here. Where will you be if he doesn't. And again, so you are part of the infamous ''Where are the haters now'' crew? So how he is going to play in the upcoming games changes how he played the games before. How does that work for some you really...

Old
04-21-2017, 12:33 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

Quote:
Of course not. Why? Because I gave him ANOTHER playoff to prove me wrong. Which he isn't doing. Which is why I say that now. Clear enough?
Fair enough.

I had my fill of BargainBin long ago. I can't say he's proven me wrong... I can't say I'm happy either...

Old
04-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:

He has both in his right winger. Rads has done the banging and the passing and Danault has taken care of the defence. What else does Patches need now? A bib.

Old
04-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
deleted

Old
04-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
When he scores?

Christ might come back before this fraud scores again in a big game.

I'm sure he'll have a bunch of empty netters against the bottom five teams though next November.

Closed Thread