HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeremy Smith Signed

Old
03-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Jeremy Smith Signed

Today the Predators announced the signing of 2007 second-round pick G Jeremy Smith to an entry-level contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but I would assume it is a standard three-year deal.

http://predators.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=355951

I'm not sure about whether or not Smith will be old enough to play in the AHL next season, but if he is, look for him to split time with Mark Dekanich (who will sign as soon as his season with Colgate (ECAC) is over).

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Today the Predators announced the signing of 2007 second-round pick G Jeremy Smith to an entry-level contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but I would assume it is a standard three-year deal.

http://predators.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=355951

I'm not sure about whether or not Smith will be old enough to play in the AHL next season, but if he is, look for him to split time with Mark Dekanich (who will sign as soon as his season with Colgate (ECAC) is over).
Good Deal! ... Mason/Rinne in Nashville next season ... Dekanich/Smith in Milwaukee ... nice

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 04:47 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
Good Deal! ... Mason/Rinne in Nashville next season ... Dekanich/Smith in Milwaukee ... nice
Uh, how about Ellis/Rinne in Nashville???

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 04:45 PM
wingsfan17

Smith has to play in Plymouth or Nashville next year, so he'll stay in Plymouth

wingsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 02:16 AM
SpItFiReZ

Will Rinne really be in the NHL next year....well will Nashville have him on their roster.

SpItFiReZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Smith is an 89 and will be back in Plymouth next season, I would also suggest he maybe the starter on the US U-20 squad but probably the backup to Josh Unice

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
Will Rinne really be in the NHL next year....well will Nashville have him on their roster.
Yes, Pekka will be in Nashville next season as he has one-year remaining on his contract and is signed to a one-way deal only next season. Additionally, Rinne has demonstrated this year that he has nothing left to prove at the AHL level and is patiently awaiting his opportunity in Nashville.

Old
03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Yes, Pekka will be in Nashville next season as he has one-year remaining on his contract and is signed to a one-way deal only next season. Additionally, Rinne has demonstrated this year that he has nothing left to prove at the AHL level and is patiently awaiting his opportunity in Nashville.
So, will he be with Mason or Ellis? I'm not sure it's obvious that it's Mason.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Personally, I think we might see a package of Suter and Mason for a young forward and another veteran needing a change of scenery.

Old
03-16-2008, 09:03 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
mason has one year left on his deal, ellis is an UFA after the season. since ellis has better numbers than mason, the math says mason will be here next year unless we sign ellis to a long term deal. barring that i say rhine backs up mason next year which is the most fiscal responsible option(which is what we will take).

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
mason has one year left on his deal, ellis is an UFA after the season. since ellis has better numbers than mason, the math says mason will be here next year unless we sign ellis to a long term deal. barring that i say rhine backs up mason next year which is the most fiscal responsible option(which is what we will take).
Mason has two seasons remaining on his deal after this year. Rinne will definitely be in Nashville and I can only assume that Mason will be elsewhere...pending a taker (ie: why I packaged him with Suter).

Old
03-17-2008, 10:27 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The cost for Mason is too high and even if you threw in Suter, I don't think no one would jump on that.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Mason has two seasons remaining on his deal after this year. Rinne will definitely be in Nashville and I can only assume that Mason will be elsewhere...pending a taker (ie: why I packaged him with Suter).
i could have sworn we signed mason to a two year deal when we traded tomas, but perhaps i am mistaken.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
i could have sworn we signed mason to a two year deal when we traded tomas, but perhaps i am mistaken.
you are correct on that. we extended mason 2 years after the trade. but he already had 1 year left on his previous contract.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
you are correct on that. we extended mason 2 years after the trade. but he already had 1 year left on his previous contract.
Correct, all extentsions in the NHL start at the end of the previous contract. Mason still had a year left on his original deal (this season) and then signed a two-year extentsion which will start next year and run through the 09-10 season.

Old
03-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The cost for Mason is too high and even if you threw in Suter, I don't think no one would jump on that.
Which is why I'm essentially asking for salary back in a trade by adding "and a veteran also needing a change of scenery." Preferably we could take the salary reserved for Mason and move it to a forward position instead while calling up Rinne and either resigning Ellis or signing a veteran netminder to platoon.

Old
03-18-2008, 01:07 AM
braindead

I fully expect Mason will be ready to go next year after offseason surgery to stitch his 5 hole back together. This operation is known to have a better success rate than Sully's back surgery. The only drawback is some patients show clinical signs of a slowdown on wrap-around coverage but doctors have concluded that Mason already is so slow the effects should not be capable of being detected.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Jarnberg

I think next year we will see Mason and Rinne in Nashville next year. I seriously doubt any team takes a chance on Mason given the year that he has had and his contract. He's a huge risk for a team to take on and we would not be getting anywhere near a good value for him.

Rinne has been slowly developed and will hopefully get a chance to work himself into Nashville next season. Mason will likely have another chance to get his position back. The risk of course, is that if Mason falters, do you throw Rinne into the fire?

As for Ellis, he probably has a good chance of getting a nice offer from a team this offseason. His risk of course, is that he pulls a Mason if he becomes a starter somewhere. Of course, his options for a starting position are low.

As for the thread's main topic, Smith appears to be a great prospect, who hopefully will be developed properly.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I fully expect Mason will be ready to go next year after offseason surgery to stitch his 5 hole back together. This operation is known to have a better success rate than Sully's back surgery. The only drawback is some patients show clinical signs of a slowdown on wrap-around coverage but doctors have concluded that Mason already is so slow the effects should not be capable of being detected.
So painful and so true