HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton is playing ... could win the series tonight

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Razorblade

vCash: 500
Don't know if anyone else mentioned it or not, but the Habs sent Dykhuis down to the Dogs. Should solidify the D, maybe take Rene Vydareny out of the lineup. But I guess all of this is lost in the shuffle tonight, we should have a good view of what is in store for Perezhogin tomorrow, as the AHL is usually quick to act on these things, but with an incident like this, it could definitely be longer.

Old
05-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Damn, that sucks. Maybe his career in North America is not over, but the Habs could end up dealing him over the emberassment it's caused. It doesn't fit the typical Hab-bashing fodder for the sports media because it's our AHL affiliate and he did the damage rather than pretended to be hurt. Still, it is unfortunate. Watch him get traded and turn into a star, though. Typcial Habs luck.

Old
05-01-2004, 12:47 AM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea

Cleveland seems to be a real vicious team and Perezhogin was the best offensive player for us... You dont know about everything, he maybe took several cheap shots in this serie! It doesnt excuse what he did but saying what you just said is quite ridiculous!
Lets see... How would you feel if someone said something like this? " I as involved in an outdoor basketball game. The other team kept elbowing & tripping me. A very dirty game. So I finally took a pipe to one guy's head. He twitched for a while. I probably shouldnt have done it, but they made me do it with their rough play." This is why humans have brains and not a immediate & direct response system.

Old
05-01-2004, 12:52 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Lets see... How would you feel if someone said something like this? " I as involved in an outdoor basketball game. The other team kept elbowing & tripping me. A very dirty game. So I finally took a pipe to one guy's head. He twitched for a while. I probably shouldnt have done it, but they made me do it with their rough play." This is why humans have brains and not a immediate & direct response system.
ok and the guy was a gentlemen and have never try to hurt somebody like this ...
he regret what he have done and he's ready to accept the suspension ... the guy he hitted is severely injured but he'll be ok to play baseball again one day ..
should we ban the guy FOREVER for what he have done?
no i dont think so...

Old
05-01-2004, 01:12 AM
katodelder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea

Cleveland seems to be a real vicious team and Perezhogin was the best offensive player for us... You dont know about everything, he maybe took several cheap shots in this serie! It doesnt excuse what he did but saying what you just said is quite ridiculous!
I'll have to disagree with you there. No matter how dirty the Barons may have been, nothing can justify what Perezhogin did.

And I take back what I said about him being traded... he'll just be released outright without compensation and no pro-franchise in North America will take him now. He's blacklisted and will be made an example of.

Watch the the replay, look at the colours he's wearing: blue-blanc-et-rouge. Read the TSN article. Look at the picture. That's a Habs logo he's wearing. The Canadiens are prestigious organization and this incident will be on TV everywhere.

The Habs will distance themselves from this player. Forget how good he is. The Habs will turn their back on him and rightfully so. He can always resume his career back in Europe, but he's disgraced an organization that prides itself on two things: class and PR.

Ciao Perezhogin, the Habs will wipe you from their memory.

Old
05-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by katodelder
I'll have to disagree with you there. No matter how dirty the Barons may have been, nothing can justify what Perezhogin did.

And I take back what I said about him being traded... he'll just be released outright without compensation and no pro-franchise in North America will take him now. He's blacklisted and will be made an example of.

Watch the the replay, look at the colours he's wearing: blue-blanc-et-rouge. Read the TSN article. Look at the picture. That's a Habs logo he's wearing. The Canadiens are prestigious organization and this incident will be on TV everywhere.

The Habs will distance themselves from this player. Forget how good he is. The Habs will turn their back on him and rightfully so. He can always resume his career back in Europe, but he's disgraced an organization that prides itself on two things: class and PR.

clealy OVERREACTION here !!
it was not as bad as i thought... :lol
and he'll play in the NHL one day (if not next year)

Old
05-01-2004, 01:18 AM
Maithz

vCash:
Anyone have a video of this ?

Old
05-01-2004, 01:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Way overblown

Old
05-01-2004, 02:04 PM
velimiiro

Quote:

yeah.... right

Old
05-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:

Too bad you dont know what your talking about!

Old
05-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
But, I can almost guarantee none of this would have happened had Bob Langdon, the ref, not let this game get out of hand. This was the worst officiating I have ever seen, by far . Not calling third man in, giving out instigators for no reason, not calling other penalties on the Perezhogin incident, and too much else to cover. He should be fired on the spot by the AHL, this game shows what a terrible ref can do to a game.
The Hamilton Radio Announcers (820 Cham) said that Langdon has a history of letting his games get out of hand. I think their quote was something like, they expected it to get ugly tonight, cause it always does when this ref calls the game.

Old
05-01-2004, 05:02 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
It was no accident.

Watch the replay on TSN.
Yeah I saw it... I looked at the replay like 4 times... The other guy took a swing at Perezhogin's head but missed. Difference was that Perezhogin didnt miss. Not saying it's okay, but if you swing a stick at my head... I'll swing back.

Closed Thread