HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rita/Mikhnov items from Edmonton Sun

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Rita/Mikhnov items from Edmonton Sun

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Edmont...01/443151.html

Detailing Rita's options and the Oilers situation in this regard. IS he better than Chimera and Salmelainen and Mikhnov? Is the money better spent in getting JDD and maybe Mikhnov ito the fold?

And speaking of Mikhnov, this is the most interesting from Brownlee:

Meehan, who represents Mikhnov, says it's premature to assume his client will play in Russia next season

Kind of speaks to some on the board saying that this may have been a negotiating tactic.

Old
05-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Edmont...01/443151.html

Detailing Rita's options and the Oilers situation in this regard. IS he better than Chimera and Salmelainen and Mikhnov? Is the money better spent in getting JDD and maybe Mikhnov ito the fold?
I don't think they'll actually ever spend another cent on him because even if they're forced to sign him to a one-way contract they'll be able to trade him before the season starts, and considering that the Oilers didn't bother to even look at him last season I'd say that they're very comfortable doing that. They'll do what they must to retain his rights until they can convert him into a 2nd rounder or include him in a package deal.

Big mistake imo. While I'm not sure that JR will be a better winger than Torres, I'm sure that he'll be worth a lot more than they get for him. I'm also sure that he should have gotten 20 games here at the expense of Ales Hemsky. The Oilers put all their eggs into one basket this time and I'm not sold on the Czech question mark being better than JR.

Quote:
And speaking of Mikhnov, this is the most interesting from Brownlee:

Meehan, who represents Mikhnov, says it's premature to assume his client will play in Russia next season

Kind of speaks to some on the board saying that this may have been a negotiating tactic.
He's mystery meat, then he's here checking out the team, then he's signing back in Russia, now he may be available....Ugh! Are you sure his agent is Dawn Meehan? Only a woman could change her mind that often.

Quote:
LaForge wouldn't confirm the latest pitch to the Americans, marking the second time they've made a cash offer to owners Brian Burke and Glen Sather, but that's who it was.
Burke and Sather are business partners? That's very strange considering that they manage the player personnel for rival nhl teams, I'm surprised the nhl allowed that.

Old
05-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Only a woman could change her mind that often.
Comments like this are intolerable. Please do us all a favour and leave the misogyny out of our forum you loutish buffoon.

Old
05-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Lowetide

For those who want to wander down memory lane, here's a nice little article from 5 years ago:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/shn/phil803.htm

little item on Comrie pre-communism too.

Old
05-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Loweball

I don't know bohologo...you have never seen my girlfriend decide on which shoes or lipstick to wear...quite a common occurance...I think the comment was all in fun.

Old
05-01-2004, 01:36 PM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund Oiler
I don't know bohologo...you have never seen my girlfriend decide on which shoes or lipstick to wear...quite a common occurance...I think the comment was all in fun.
I realize the comment was in fun, myself, but that doesn't change the fact that it's derogatory. Placing labels on sexes and reducing the participants to those sum parts is a little old fashioned. We've moved forward as a civilization - or so I like to think. Tolerance and acceptance have taken over pigeonholing and stereotyping.

Or so we hope.

Now let's talk H-O-C-K-E-Y !!!

Old
05-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
Comments like this are intolerable. Please do us all a favour and leave the misogyny out of our forum you loutish buffoon.
Obviously you have never had a wife ask you to rearrange your living room.

***DISCLAIMER*** This post was approved and run past my wife before entered. Any chauvinistic remarks herein contained have been done with explicit consent.

Nikeisevil....who are you calling old. :lol

Old
05-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
Obviously you have never had a wife ask you to rearrange your living room.

***DISCLAIMER*** This post was approved and run past my wife before entered. Any chauvinistic remarks herein contained have been done with explicit consent.

Nikeisevil....who are you calling old. :lol

Old
05-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Loweball

If we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?

Old
05-01-2004, 05:33 PM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
He's mystery meat, then he's here checking out the team, then he's signing back in Russia, now he may be available....Ugh! Are you sure his agent is Dawn Meehan? Only a woman could change her mind that often.
He's not changing his mind at all, it's just the reporters who don't know what's going on speculating.

Closed Thread