HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tuesday Lineup: Halak Starts + Mondays Practice Lines

Old
03-17-2008, 12:25 PM
CBBRH

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CBBRH
Come on Carbo you can't bench Gorges!!

CBBRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ross MacLochness

I'm gonna choke somebody out if Gorges were ever to be a healthy scratch again.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I think Carbo's shown us that he doesn't want any player feeling comfortable in his spot, maybe this is a way for Price to stay sharp and hungry, alot of decisions made by the coaching staff go much deeper then we fans understand. There alot of things behind the scenes that we're not privy too, we only take these decision as face value when they're much more thought out.
That remind me of Lapierre comments about Price playing better under pressure. Giving him too much respect would be a mistake at this point.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:30 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
With 9 games left in the season the team should be getting ready for the playoffs, not have another goalie controversy brewing...

What happens if Halak wins? If you go back to Price it's nonsensical, but if you don't the guy who's "supposed to be" your #1 is getting over a week off with the playoffs just around the corner.
The horror.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131

Gorges has been solid all year long for us and just a few days ago I read a quote from him saying he's playing with the most confidence he's ever had...and now he's going to sit for Brisebois or O'Byrne? Terrible, terrible decision unless Josh is hurting or has the flu.

I don't hate Brisebois like some of you guys, but I'm getting very nervous about what Carbonneau is doing here. It seems like he's trying to get Brisebois back in the regular lineup so his "experience" is on the ice during the playoffs. Go with the guys that got you there instead.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:33 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
What happens if Halak wins?
Waive him.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
There's no doubt in my mind that Brisebois is starting with O'Byrne watching for game 1 of the playoffs.

I know Carbo's going to go with experience.

I don't agree with it, but I know that's what he's going to do
For sure we are going to see that.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:35 PM
OnePoll*

Who give a **** honestly ?

Halak shutout the Isles.

We play against the 14th Western Team, the Blues, Halak earn another start against an inferior team.

Price will play against Boston Thursday and Saturday. Even if Halak win against the Blues.

Blues: Halak
Boston: Price
Boston: Price
Ottawa: Price
Buffalo: Halak or Price depend if we clinched a playoff spot
Toronto: Price
Buffalo: Halak

9 games remaining... 6 or 7 for Price and 2 or 3 for Halak. make sense!

OnePoll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:36 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I just hope Gorges is being given a rest to heal up a little.

The guy does take a lot of ****.. and he's not that big.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Beakermania*

If Gorges sits, I'm sure its only because Carbo wants to get him some rest.

He may have a nagging injury or something, a lot of guys do this part of the year, especially when you play a style where you are willing to get hit to make the play (like Gorges does)... I'm sure we see him against the Bruins.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I just hope Gorges is being given a rest to heal up a little.

The guy does take a lot of ****.. and he's not that big.
I don't have a problem with Carbo rotating players on the fourth line and with the third defenseman pairing.

I do have an issue with Halak given the net. I still maintain that Carbo does not know how to handle goalies. He cannot committ to a number one and he is always quick to blame perfomance.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:39 PM
albertonhabsfan

yeah, 9 games before the play offs start, we DO NOT need a goalie controversy!!

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:42 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
If Gorges sits, I'm sure its only because Carbo wants to get him some rest.

He may have a nagging injury or something, a lot of guys do this part of the year, especially when you play a style where you are willing to get hit to make the play (like Gorges does)... I'm sure we see him against the Bruins.
It's possible, especially since they've been playing him more and more of late, even supassing the 20 minute mark last game. He's been steadily improving and the coaches have more and more confidence in him. Something doesn't add up.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Erika

I agree with this decision. Halak deserves it. I think it's a way for Carbo to apologize for not playing Halak at all when Huet was injured.

Also, Carey Price should not get a free pass just because he's Carey Price. Both are unproven in the NHL at this moment and the best goalie should be in the net.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:52 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Whoever thinks Price will actually care that Halak gets the start after he gets a shutout really have no clue what type of team we have here. Price took the starting job from Halak in the AHL last year, then is the one called up, and then Halak is forgotten on the bench when Huet was hurt. People stop thinking that Price is a child and will cry the way you would if you were picked last for a game of kick ball. I bet Price is happy that Halak is seeing some more ice, its a team game and we have two fantastic young goalies that will play when their coach says they get the game.

Grow up people and realize this is a team game and their are more then one goalie that will play

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:55 PM
HotPie

I'm surprised, but I don't necessarily disagree with the decision. I personally would not have played Halak considering the little amount of games left, but I'm not the one making decisions and Carbo knows what he's doing a hell of a lot more than me or anyone of us here.

It's hard to argue against his decision after Halak got a shutout. My only concern is that Price will be 7 days without playing if he starts Thursday in Boston. Either way, as long as price gets the majority of the next starts, I won't complain.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
per RDS
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/248086.html

To me it's a given, when you get a shutout you get a reward. Anyone disagree?

From TSN.ca
A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Grabovski - S. Kostitsyn
Streit - Smolinski - Kostopoulos
Begin - Lapierre - Dandenault

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Brisebois
Bouillon - O'Byrne
Gorges

Halak
Price
If Carbo sits Gorges,he's a ****in idiot

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:58 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
All I care about is the two points in St. Louis.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever View Post
Me too. I think it was a good timing to really set who's #1.
If Kevin Weekes gets the shutout does he start the next game? I don't think so.
Cause they clearly identified their #1 goalie.

Thsi is one of the few times I don't agree with Guy.
But if he thinks it's good for the team...so be it.
We don't have a true identified #1 goalie tho. Price is a hopeful #1 goalie, infact, I find most habs fans love for price clouds their judgement on his actual play, hence the way halak has been treated by people on this forum this year thus far.

Mark this thread cause I am telling you, Halak is going to be better then Price and if anyone is taking us anywhere, it's Halak. If I'm wrong, you can all rub it in my face, but if I'm right and what I've been saying all season about giving halak a chance is right, I expect all you price fanbois to suck it up and admit that I was right. If not, let the bandwagon insults commence but till then, stop clouding your own judgement of the guy just based on the fact that you think he'll be the habs saviour. Halak is every bit as good as price if not better, Price had oppertunities to win titles with quality teams, a combination of a good team and great playing got him his championships and medals, it's not like the guy went onto the ********* team in the A and became champs, or ********* team in the WJC and became champs, he had good teams. Which is more then can be said for Halak, but I still think given what Halak has had to work with in the past, he's played stellar. Last years habs, pffft with Dandouillon on the ice and Souray, it's a wonder Halak was able to win any games in the NHL level, but he did.

You guys seem to quickly forget how Halak brought us to a playoff spot last season and Huet lost it. You also seem to quickly forget how halak did all that with a far worse team infront of him and Price barely manages to win some games with a great team infront of him due to his own inconsistency. I'll be the first to admit, on some nights, Price looks like a future Roy, the kid looks amazing out there some nights, better then anybody in the NHL other then the top 5-10 goalies maximum, but on other nights, he reminds me of a Thomas or RayCroft, good goalies who can't seem to keep consistent. (Yes, at one time, RayCroft wasn't a bad goalie)

That all having been said, I think this was a great choice by the habs, I think Halak will really shine soon.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If Carbo sits Gorges,he's a ****in idiot
That I can agree. I don't understand why the **** Gorges should get benched.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
That I can agree. I don't understand why the **** Gorges should get benched.
Like someone else said I hope he's given a rest or something cause he doesn't deserve to be benched at all

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Tuggy

If Gorges isn't playing then it would have to be resting an injury or the flu or something. It was already mentioned, but he played over 20 minutes last game and seems to be getting better every game. It wouldn't make any sense for him to be a healthy scratch.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I figure Carbo is preparing his back-up goalie, trying him against weaker teams so that there's no rust in the machine so to speak. You never know what might happen in the playoffs if Price is injured or something.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
We don't have a true identified #1 goalie tho. Price is a hopeful #1 goalie, infact, I find most habs fans love for price clouds their judgement on his actual play, hence the way halak has been treated by people on this forum this year thus far.

Mark this thread cause I am telling you, Halak is going to be better then Price and if anyone is taking us anywhere, it's Halak. If I'm wrong, you can all rub it in my face, but if I'm right and what I've been saying all season about giving halak a chance is right, I expect all you price fanbois to suck it up and admit that I was right. If not, let the bandwagon insults commence but till then, stop clouding your own judgement of the guy just based on the fact that you think he'll be the habs saviour. Halak is every bit as good as price if not better, Price had oppertunities to win titles with quality teams, a combination of a good team and great playing got him his championships and medals, it's not like the guy went onto the ********* team in the A and became champs, or ********* team in the WJC and became champs, he had good teams. Which is more then can be said for Halak, but I still think given what Halak has had to work with in the past, he's played stellar. Last years habs, pffft with Dandouillon on the ice and Souray, it's a wonder Halak was able to win any games in the NHL level, but he did.

You guys seem to quickly forget how Halak brought us to a playoff spot last season and Huet lost it. You also seem to quickly forget how halak did all that with a far worse team infront of him and Price barely manages to win some games with a great team infront of him due to his own inconsistency. I'll be the first to admit, on some nights, Price looks like a future Roy, the kid looks amazing out there some nights, better then anybody in the NHL other then the top 5-10 goalies maximum, but on other nights, he reminds me of a Thomas or RayCroft, good goalies who can't seem to keep consistent. (Yes, at one time, RayCroft wasn't a bad goalie)

That all having been said, I think this was a great choice by the habs, I think Halak will really shine soon.
I'm putting that one in my personal notepad for later.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
2 words: Craig Anderson
those are not words

they are names

a first and last one in fact