HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perez incident....signing of Kastsitsyn???

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Perez incident....signing of Kastsitsyn???

Do you guys think that it will give Gainey's green light to sign Kastsitsyn to bring him here instead of Perez since he'll be most likely suspended?

Old
05-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
he was gonna bring him over regardless of what happens in the Perezhogin case. They tried very hard to bring him over last summer but he decided to stay in Europe one more year.

Old
05-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Beakermania*

Kastsitsyn should spend one year in Hamilton before he goes to Montreal. It will help him get acclimated to the culture and North American game away from the glare of the Montreal Media.

Old
05-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Traitor8

we will see what happens first..If Kostsitsyn destroys camp then I wouldn't send him down. I would play him right away with Koivu and Kovalev if he signs.

Old
05-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
we will see what happens first..If Kostsitsyn destroys camp then I wouldn't send him down. I would play him right away with Koivu and Kovalev if he signs.
All great lines need a name, and if this one turns into a scoring unit,
I will officially name this line the Special K line.

Perhaps they can get endorsements to put them on the cereal boxes.

Old
05-01-2004, 06:25 PM
velimiiro

I doubt Kasty makes it to the roster right out of Camp because his all around play is pretty bad...

His offense talent is world class, i've seen this first hand, but his all around game, his defensive play is terrible, he's even worse in his own zone and unless he's a quick learner i think he'll spend atleast SOME time in Hamilton.

Old
05-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Do you guys think that it will give Gainey's green light to sign Kastsitsyn to bring him here instead of Perez since he'll be most likely suspended?
If you want to try to link these things, then maybe if Perez is suspended in the AHL, he'll just be up in the NHL instead, thereby making Kastitsyn redundant?

I don't think Kastitsyn's fate is in any way tied to the Perezhogin situation. Totally independent. They *should* get Kastitsyn over here and see if he's AHL or NHL ready yet either way.

Old
05-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
If you want to try to link these things, then maybe if Perez is suspended in the AHL, he'll just be up in the NHL instead, thereby making Kastitsyn redundant?

I don't think Kastitsyn's fate is in any way tied to the Perezhogin situation. Totally independent. They *should* get Kastitsyn over here and see if he's AHL or NHL ready yet either way.
The only reason I link those things together is that some fans thinks Perez, Higgins, Plekanec, Kast and Hossa have a shot at making the club. I don't know but 5 rookies in the lineup, I don't thing so. The ones that have the best shot at making the first 2 lines playing the same style of play are Kast and Perez, so if one's not available, the other has a real chance.

Old
05-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
The only reason I link those things together is that some fans thinks Perez, Higgins, Plekanec, Kast and Hossa have a shot at making the club. I don't know but 5 rookies in the lineup, I don't thing so. The ones that have the best shot at making the first 2 lines playing the same style of play are Kast and Perez, so if one's not available, the other has a real chance.
We once had nine rookies in the lineup and won the cup that year

Old
05-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
I think he may sign a free agent instead.

Closed Thread