HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Artem Anisimov projections?

Old
03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Cherepanov is not the same kind of player Kovalev is/was.

Kovalev seriously, is the most talented hockey player i've ever seen. As far as pure SKILL.

He never fulfilled his potential, though.

Cherepanov has breakaway speed. The ability to use his speed to break past defenders.

Has a very accurate shot. And he has very good passing ability.

But he does not have the "dipsy doodle" kind of skill that Kovalev has.

Anisimov is a smooth skater. Has great hands. Solid defensively.

He has the ability to be a two way forward.

Filatov is all skill. Pure, raw skill and speed to go with it. Yea, he is small in stature, but with that much skill if he is available at your pick you gotta take him, considering we have his international teammates already.

I doubt we are lucky enough to get him. But hey, you never know.

Mikkel Boedker may be another one to watch. Supposed tohave great skill and speed.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...er.php?id=4951

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...hp3?pid=106795

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 03-16-2008 at 09:35 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Stepan Razor

Boedkker is very talented but I doubt he'll fall to #20 or so. He's currently #11 overall in the ISS ratings and has been enjoying a very successful season playing in Kitchener. I caught him in the last game against SSM and he was easily one of the most dynamic players out there. I project him to go in the top 10, he's that good.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Daily View Post
Boedkker is very talented but I doubt he'll fall to #20 or so. He's currently #11 overall in the ISS ratings and has been enjoying a very successful season playing in Kitchener. I caught him in the last game against SSM and he was easily one of the most dynamic players out there. I project him to go in the top 10, he's that good.
Agreed, one of the few guys that standout to me in this years draft.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think the key with Anisimov is patience. I maintain what I said when he was drafted, this a kid who might not really start to put it all together until he is 24/25. He's a player who could make the jump to the NHL at about 22, but he'll likely need about two years after that to adapt.

As for size, I don't know if I see him in the 220 range. His frame isn't a large frame and while he'll certainly bulk up and get stronger, I see him more in the Nedved 200-205 range.
If a forward doesn't make it as an upper level NHL player by 24 there is little chance it will happen. It is absolutely uncanny how many NHL'ers bloom in the season where they are 24.

Defensemen can take a year or two longer to bloom, perhaps because it is tougher to learn.

I have never noticed an age where goaltenders bloom. They seem to be all over the map.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 02:02 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If a forward doesn't make it as an upper level NHL player by 24 there is little chance it will happen. It is absolutely uncanny how many NHL'ers bloom in the season where they are 24.

Defensemen can take a year or two longer to bloom, perhaps because it is tougher to learn.

I have never noticed an age where goaltenders bloom. They seem to be all over the map.
I believe I can think of an exception. The Sedin twins in Vancouver.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
AA is 19 years old and 6'3, 190lbs. He is putting up 0.5PPG as a 19 year old rookie in the AHL which is pretty solid and is very reliable in the defensive end. So what development path does he take

20 Years old: Averages 0.75PPG in the AHL as he is starting to fill into his frame.

21 Years old: PPG player in the AHL rounds into his frame say 6'3 and 220lbs. Gets a few callups to the NHL

22 Years old: Makes the Rangers out of camp as the third line center with his solid defensive game and averages 0.5PPG

23 Years old: Becomes the second line center and puts up 0.7PPG

24 Years old: Improves his offensive production and becomes a 0.9-1.0PPG player to go along with his solid defensive game.

Is this a reasonable development path for AA?
I think the first year of this projection is too conservative while the last one may be too optimistic.

Anisimov will be ready for a taste of the big show next season. Whether he gets an opportunity or not will depend on injuries and the like, but he'll be ready for it. But I'm not positive he'll end up a point-per-game player. I'm thinking more of a 20-25 goal, 60-70 point player when he really hits his stride by his second or third NHL season. His biggest asset will be his two-way game, IMHO.

As for Filatov, as much as I'd love to grab him, I can't see Slats going for a high-round Russian for the third year in a row. I also don't think he'll fall to low enough for us to pick him up.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfn9agny94 View Post
I believe I can think of an exception. The Sedin twins in Vancouver.
There will always be exceptions to every rule but when you look through the top forwards you won't find many that bloom at 25 or later.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 03:56 PM
DontStepanMe

Datsyuk bloomed at 27. Of course he didn't come into the league until he was 24.
Zetterberg also came out at 25.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Fletch

Datsyuk...

scored more than 50 points in his second NHL season. Zetterberg scored 44 points in his first season. So those weren't their best seasons, but they weren't so bad either. Having not watched the Wings extensively during those seasons I can't explain the circumstances under which they played - were they pushed back on the depth chart due to vets, did the get significant PP time? In the seasons where they really broke out was it really just a function of vets moving on and them getting the chance finally but you knew the talent was there (which is why vets weren't brought in)?

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 04:55 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
im hoping we draft further down

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote