HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds Picks in 2008?

Old
03-16-2008, 09:38 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Preds Picks in 2008?

I know the Preds have a deal in place for Florida's 1st round pick, (Which is currently 10th), their own pick (which is currently 14th), but what other picks do they have in the draft comming up?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:21 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
I'll add a second question. The additional second round pick we got from florida for vokoun is "conditional". Anyone know what the conditions are?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I'll add a second question. The additional second round pick we got from florida for vokoun is "conditional". Anyone know what the conditions are?
We get the option of Tampa's 2nd or Florida's 2nd rounder this year and then we have no others after that out side of our own in each round I think

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
We get the option of Tampa's 2nd or Florida's 2nd rounder this year and then we have no others after that out side of our own in each round I think
we got rid of our 7th for Hlavac

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 12:30 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Wasn't the Florida option: 3rd last year or 2nd this year? And we chose to wait for the deeper draft?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 12:40 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

our pick this year is Tampa's second, from Florida's trade of Chris Gratton.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
The conditional second round pick was that we had the option to choose to take Florida's second 2nd rounder last year or we had the option to wait till this season to select Tampa Bay's second round pick (previously acquired for Chris Gratton). The other condition on this was that the Predators had to inform the Panthers of their intentions no later than the end of the first round last year and they did so.

Of note, Florida used that selection to pick forward Michael Repik.

This season we have through the first two rounds:
FLA 1st
NSH 1st
TBY 2nd
NSH 2nd

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 02:53 PM
nine_inch_fang

Is there a team that could win the lottery that wouldn't be interested in the first round pick but be looking for quantity in the draft and we could just package our 4 picks in the first two rounds? I know Vancouver made a huge move to get the two picks lined up to get the twins. I don't remember what that consisted of but with the blueline depth we have we don't have to worry about bare cupboards as we could reload through trades. Getting that number one that we've never had would be huge for us at this time.

Old
03-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Is there a team that could win the lottery that wouldn't be interested in the first round pick but be looking for quantity in the draft and we could just package our 4 picks in the first two rounds? I know Vancouver made a huge move to get the two picks lined up to get the twins. I don't remember what that consisted of but with the blueline depth we have we don't have to worry about bare cupboards as we could reload through trades. Getting that number one that we've never had would be huge for us at this time.
Since the first 2 picks will prolly be forwards, I could see LA trading down since thats where they are heavy in.

To Nash: LA's 1st
To LA: FLA's 1st + Mason

Honestly with the way this draft is i doubt any club is interested in trading down

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 10:17 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Why would they want to move up, the Preds have 4 picks in the top 2 rounds 3 picks which are in the top 35. That's a lot of talent which they could harvest to build up the farm system.

FLA Currently #11
NSH Currently #15
TB Currently #34
NSH Currently #47

Old
03-17-2008, 04:18 PM
nine_inch_fang

That's just it we have a hoard of talent in the system already it's just all on the blueline. Trade some of those guys to fill out the farm team and finally get that one center piece player that we haven't been able to get with our draft position.

Old
03-17-2008, 05:59 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Problem is that a large number of talented players in the top 8 are defensemen. The Preds need Wings. And not useless wings like the dodo.

Old
03-18-2008, 12:46 AM
nine_inch_fang

Are you serious that you wouldn't take Stamkos if you could move up to get him without really losing anything?

Old
03-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Jarnberg

Assuming we keep our picks, I fully expect the Predators to take the best player available, be that a defensemen, winger, center, whatever. I'd love to think that we'd take a chance at a promising winger, but I don't see that happening. I think we'll take our usual stance of going with a safer pick, with the ability to either use that player in the future or use them as trade bait. Do not be surprised to the see the Predators come away with two defensemen in the first round next year.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Assuming we keep our picks, I fully expect the Predators to take the best player available, be that a defensemen, winger, center, whatever. I'd love to think that we'd take a chance at a promising winger, but I don't see that happening. I think we'll take our usual stance of going with a safer pick, with the ability to either use that player in the future or use them as trade bait. Do not be surprised to the see the Predators come away with two defensemen in the first round next year.
I won't be surprised. I actually support our drafting style. It would have been nice if the Predators had been able to move up and take Kopitar a few years ago as they were rumored to be trying, but at our selection in the first round....we have really made sound selections going all the way back to Hamhuis and truly only missed on Finley.

The true criticism of our drafting techniques should be what little we have done AFTER drafting the BPA.

03-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I won't be surprised. I actually support our drafting style. It would have been nice if the Predators had been able to move up and take Kopitar a few years ago as they were rumored to be trying, but at our selection in the first round....we have really made sound selections going all the way back to Hamhuis and truly only missed on Finley.

The true criticism of our drafting techniques should be what little we have done AFTER drafting the BPA.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Stamvarhall*

Joe Colborne, look him up please, I cant believe he's not top 5, let alone top 10, honestly look him up, alot of posters agree with me that he should be atleast top ten, he's going to be an absolute steal I tell ya...

Stamvarhall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamvarhall View Post
Joe Colborne, look him up please, I cant believe he's not top 5, let alone top 10, honestly look him up, alot of posters agree with me that he should be atleast top ten, he's going to be an absolute steal I tell ya...
what's the level of the AJHL compared to the WHL ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Bruins78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
what's the level of the AJHL compared to the WHL ?
Its weaker, it is a mix of people who are not ready for the elite juniors like the WHL or want to maintain their college eligibility. Colborne has put up very nice numbers this year and has amazing size, some people have questioned his desire and have said he has been a little inconsistent throughout this year. Typically that is not a detriment but if he is not consistently impressive at the AJHL level it would probably be more of a concern. Either way he will be a top 25 pick for sure just based on his size and skill.

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Are you guys excited about trading for Ryan Suter for Michael Cammalleri!?

Sorry, I'm trolling

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Throw in LA's 1st we got ourselves a deal!

Old
04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Cammy/09 First for Weber

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 02:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Cammy and the Dallas 1st for Suter

Old
04-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Whats up with Cammy anyways, he hasn't been producing the same as he was in the beginning of the year

Old
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Brodeur

Early on I think he was getting more shifts with Kopitar/Brown. When he went down with his rib injury, Patrick O'Sullivan took his spot on the line and they decided to keep him there. Going from Kopitar to like Derek Armstrong as your center will have an effect on production.

It's hard to gauge Cammy's value. He's young and a potential point per gamer, but he's also UFA after next season. Personally wouldn't give up Suter for him. If I were in charge I'd be dangling Franson instead, but I don't know how you guys value Franson right now.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote