HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: rate my freestyle

Old
03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
GoneAway

vCash:

Old
03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Guy Germaine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I would be a happy man if I never had to hear another hip-hop or freestyle or whatever piece of junk, ever.
good news...YOU DON'T...!!

just don't listen to hip hop, its that simple. I'll never understand these lil greasy metal heads and why they have such an inferiority complex when it comes to hip hop.

is it because metal 's been dead since 1988?
cause you guys used to be/are the kids who got 'taxed' at the metro?
is it because hip hop doesnt use cool slang like "pwned", 'ownz" & "noob"?

fear is the primary reason to hate what you don't undertsand.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:44 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_pucker View Post

just don't listen to hip hop, its that simple. I'll never understand these lil greasy metal heads and why they have such an inferiority complex when it comes to hip hop.

So you're fighting ignorance with ignorance?

Makes sense.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
The problem isn't rap, which is an art form like any others, the problem is that rappers are 99% of the time pretty limited intellectually.
that's ridiculous?

How can you say something so ignorant, then state that rappers are 99% limited intellectually?

People who hate rap, usually don't understand it, and for the ignorant, when you don't understand something, you hate it.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:54 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
to come back to the point of this thread. 2/10

Don't take it personal dude. (BTW, I like rap, I'm not just saying that.)

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:02 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksFan221 View Post
BLOK B (King & Connaisseur Ticaso)
Nuff said!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jflpfmE8NRU

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_pucker View Post

Too funny.
Hey! I try not to listen to hip-hop but Sometimes, I click places I shouldn't... what can I say?
So you're saying there's something to understand in this music? All I understand is that it sound bad. That's all. Metal head? loll

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Too funny.
Hey! I try not to listen to hip-hop but Sometimes, I click places I shouldn't... what can I say?
So you're saying there's something to understand in this music? All I understand is that it sound bad. That's all. Metal head? loll
That's probably the problem...you're not 'clicking' the right places.

But maybe hip hop just isn't for you, and that's ok...you just shouldn't make your opinion of it on limited sampling

If I had to make a analogy...

Think of an american only seeing highlights of hockey fights, and then saying that's all hockey's about. The hockey fan knows there's much more to hockey then fighting, but if that's all ESPN shows, then that's all that person understands.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

^ Sens fan

03-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
The PPVs aren't the problem, and the fish market match was okay, not great, but nothing to complain about. Impact is just stupid though, and its maily the writing thats the problem.

Those funny things are fine in the mid-card.... but the whole AJ-Kurt-Karen thing is just dumb, it shouldn't be the maineventers doing comedy. AJ is a dork, and he shouldn't be, he's too good a wrestler. You want Shark Boy or Eric Young to do Comedy, and thats fine, but AJ, Christian, Angle, Joe, shouldn't be doing those type of dumb skits.

But other stuff is just stupid... The whole Abyss/James Mitchell thing, VKM last year, the Jackass stuff they did... everymonth its something with Russo.
Haha how about "Bullet" Bob Armstrong still wrestling? Or Black Reign getting pushed?

I think comedy can be used in the Main Events, I just don't think it should be the focus. The Rock, Angle, Austin, Christian have done it for years.. they just need make it less of a focus.

I must say that TNA's women's division is one thing that keeps me watching. Awesome Kong, Gail Kim, ODB, and Roxxie Leveaux are all so great.

Also, I love the Rock n' Rave Infection.. I think that gimmick is hilarious and brings me back to the days of 3-Count, who were so entertaining.

But really, to me, I'm not worried about TNA. Sure some of the writing is bad but on the other hand, at least they let their wrestlers go. I don't think there was one match under 10 minutes at the last PPV (I missed Roode vs T cause I hate Booker).. On a WWE PPV, you're lucky to get 3 matches over 10 minutes.

Also TNA doesn't take their World Champion (or someone who has never been world champ!!!) and put them over the companies former Tag Champs (for a year!!!!!!!!!!) in 45 seconds. Umaga defeating London & Kendrick in less than a minute was a joke. It does NOTHING to build up Umaga and makes their Tag Team Titles look even worse than they already were.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Haha how about "Bullet" Bob Armstrong still wrestling? Or Black Reign getting pushed?

I think comedy can be used in the Main Events, I just don't think it should be the focus. The Rock, Angle, Austin, Christian have done it for years.. they just need make it less of a focus.
Agreed

Quote:
I must say that TNA's women's division is one thing that keeps me watching. Awesome Kong, Gail Kim, ODB, and Roxxie Leveaux are all so great.
Agreed... it says something that Scott D'Amore has control of that division, and Russo is kinda hands off.

Quote:
Also, I love the Rock n' Rave Infection.. I think that gimmick is hilarious and brings me back to the days of 3-Count, who were so entertaining.
I'm not a huge fan of the guitar hero gimmick they are doing... i guess we'll agree to disagree on this one, cause I don't think they are hurting anything, I just could take or leave them... CurryMan, Sharkboy, Eric Young are more entertaining to me. Also i would've loved to see LAX and Machineguns do a straight tag match at the ppv as opposed to the three way, the inclusion of R n R in that match made it worse for me. Jimmy Rave is an overrated worker, never thought much of him even in RoH... and Lance Hoyt is another crappy big man... The guns and LAX can really go, and i'd love to see a good 20 minutes of those two teams wrestling.

I always loved 3 count though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
But really, to me, I'm not worried about TNA. Sure some of the writing is bad but on the other hand, at least they let their wrestlers go. I don't think there was one match under 10 minutes at the last PPV (I missed Roode vs T cause I hate Booker).. On a WWE PPV, you're lucky to get 3 matches over 10 minutes.
I am worried about TNA though.... they are losing money like crazy. No matter what they put on the card every PPV does the same buy rate... 20-30,000 buys... The only exceptions to this are Bound for Glory (40,000 buys, still too low to make money) and the first Joe vs Angle (60,000 buys), but that didn't last as Joe/Angle 2 was back to the normal amount. Consider that the lowest WWE PPV in recent years is around 180,000+ buys.... TNA's 30,000 buys is not enough with the salaries they pay + production costs. WWE is making money, RoH is making money (low cost structure)... TNA is losing money big time according to guys like Meltzer and Alvarez. If Dixie Carter and Panda energy decide enough is enough and pull out, they will be in big trouble.

Impacts ratings are slowly rising and have been for some time, but PPV buy rates have dropped.... This is not a good sign, and it is directly tied to Russo booking, which doesn't compel people to buy the PPV. If you are able to get more viewers to watch your weekly show, you should get more PPV buys.... but its not happening, we are actually seeing a drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
Also TNA doesn't take their World Champion (or someone who has never been world champ!!!) and put them over the companies former Tag Champs (for a year!!!!!!!!!!) in 45 seconds. Umaga defeating London & Kendrick in less than a minute was a joke. It does NOTHING to build up Umaga and makes their Tag Team Titles look even worse than they already were.
Agreed, they way the WWE treats London, Kendrick, Noble, Wang, Shelton, and others is a dirty shame.
Umaga I don't mind cause he can wrestle, very well for a big man, but there is no need to job those guys out to him like that.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-18-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Too funny.
that poem I posted earlier... was it that hard to understand Fozz?

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Jimmy Rave is an overrated worker, never thought much of him even in RoH...
Really? I always thought he was one of the best parts of ROH cards. "The Crown Jewel of the Embassy" was one of the best gimmicks I've seen in a long, long time. It was awesomeness. I don't think he's the best worker out there, but he's definitely very good.

I loved his matches with CM Punk, AJ Styles, and Bryan Danielson.

Have you seen London vs Styles from ROH?

Old
03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Really? I always thought he was one of the best parts of ROH cards. "The Crown Jewel of the Embassy" was one of the best gimmicks I've seen in a long, long time. It was awesomeness. I don't think he's the best worker out there, but he's definitely very good.

I loved his matches with CM Punk, AJ Styles, and Bryan Danielson.

Have you seen London vs Styles from ROH?
His gimmick was awesome... I loved the Embassy gimmick... his workrate, while ok was never up to RoH standards for me....

Sure he could have great matches with guys like Punk, AJ, and Danielson, but name me someone who didn't have great matches with those three.... its pretty hard. But put him in there with Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, or someone just a little bit below the Punk/AJ/Danielson calibre and its a forgettable match. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing memorable about it either. Whereas you have Strong vs Aries and you get a great match.

London/Styles was amazing.... London's whole run in RoH was something to see...
Please don't die.

Old
03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
His gimmick was awesome... I loved the Embassy gimmick... his workrate, while ok was never up to RoH standards for me....

Sure he could have great matches with guys like Punk, AJ, and Danielson, but name me someone who didn't have great matches with those three.... its pretty hard. But put him in there with Austin Aries, or someone just a little bit below the Punk/AJ/Danielson calibre and its a forgettable match. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing memorable about it either.

London/Styles was amazing.... London's whole run in RoH was something to see...
Please don't die.
I LOVEDDDDD Rave's match with Aries. Damn, I'm trying to remember the show.. but it was fantastic, in my opinion.

Yeah, London vs AJ was my favourite match ever for the longest time. I still plop in the DVD from time to time.

Old
03-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Umm... this made it to 4 pages?! I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or puke up that 3/4 bottle of sake.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 12:09 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post

^ Sens fan
Cartman?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 12:12 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
In the spirit of creativity, me and a couple of friends made a music video of me playing guitar.

Old
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
In the spirit of creativity, me and a couple of friends made a music video of me playing guitar.

What's up Eddie!?

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 12:21 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
What's up Eddie!?
My secret's out

Old
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

This is seriously one of the worst things I have ever heard...no offense dude.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 12:24 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
This is seriously one of the worst things I have ever heard...no offense dude.
But I put so much effort and passion into it

Old
03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I LOVEDDDDD Rave's match with Aries. Damn, I'm trying to remember the show.. but it was fantastic, in my opinion.

Yeah, London vs AJ was my favourite match ever for the longest time. I still plop in the DVD from time to time.
I don't know... sometimes I think I might expect too much from Rave cause he was in RoH at a time when they had the best roster in their history and he just was a step below those guys.... but granted being a step below the Danielson, AJ, Joe, London, Punk, etc... isn't that bad, right???

Then he gets paired with Hoyt, who is just another generic big man, and its not doing him any favours.

Old
03-18-2008, 12:27 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

This thread, if anything, made me realize how much the West-Island has changed...

HankyZetts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
KnucklesTheTard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I suppose us white kids also have no rhythm, can't dance, can't drum etc. etc.

Even if I'm not a big rap fan, Eminem still does a good job for being "a white kid", Brother Ali is a practically blind albino and he's not bad at rapping. Buck 65 is another white rapper who's actually pretty good.

And for the record, just because most "rap" that is popular is coming from black artists, doesn't change the fact that it is ********.. "in da club" whatever the **** that is, it's terrible, it's not even good.

And this is a rant coming from someone who can maybe tolerate 5-8 rap artists in the world.
Yeah I like eminem because he has grit and attitude. But Rap is mostly a black dominated genre. SOrt of like how country is dominated by whites. It is just hard to penetrate this sub culture because of race and you can't deny that.

I listen to Musique plus and the french rappers(black or white) won't make it too far unless they go to france and make a few hits. So being french and white in the rap industry is like a huge steping stone. If someone becomes famous some how then congrats to them.

I'm not saying any stereotypical things about whites or blacks. I'm saying that even if your white and have talent you will be looked upon as a joke. Even eminem was looked upon as joke. Until he didn't give up and had lots of talent to make it big.

KnucklesTheTard* is offline   Reply With Quote