HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Caps @ Preds - 3.18.08(dueling russians edition)

Old
03-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Oh hell no. LOL. Where did I say that? If you are referring to my comment about the play being in Nashville's end of the ice, that is SOP in Caps games under Boudreau. They play very aggressively and tend to pin their opposition in their own end. They play 5 men in.

The result is the Caps control the puck. Often they don't score and when the other team breaks out its a jail break. The Caps often are 10-1 in shots after ten minutes.
13-4 after the first. Then go to the first intermission tied at 0-0.

Its not a result of the Preds being inferior. The Caps go all in and when they break down it results in and odd man rush or a penalty and youve seen their pk ranking.

The Caps don't get outshot 35-18. It just doesnt happen to them. They are a live by the sword/die by the sword team. Even more so against defensive teams.
That makes much more sense!

I fear what Ovechkin and Backstrom are going to do to Devries.

03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
That makes much more sense!

I fear what Ovechkin and Backstrom are going to do to Devries.
you guys have home ice change. if Trotz keeps on top of it, Ovie and Backstrom will probably see a hefty amount of Weber (and whoever his partner is... Suter?).

bottleCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 07:07 PM
UnPLEASED Anton

I am going to post some pro-Nashville mojo in here for you guys.

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 08:05 PM
txpd

Hows the mojo workin so far?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Wow

Can Zanon be any more clueless on the penalty kill? How many times is he going to go down to block a 'shot', and then watch as the opponents skate around him for a wide open shot? The one trick pony strikes again! Use your head Greg!

Devries = as slow as molasses, but man that was a sweet pass by Ovechkin(g). It would have been nice if Zanon had cleared the rebound, but you really can't count on Zanon doing much besides go down to block shots.

Ellis makes a bone-headed mistake and gets yanked, ut he actually played very good up until that point.

As I am typing, Cooke just tagged Hamhuis's knee (inadvertenly it appeared), and Hammer looked like he was in a ton of pain.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 08:48 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post

Wow

Can Zanon be any more clueless on the penalty kill? How many times is he going to go down to block a 'shot', and then watch as the opponents skate around him for a wide open shot? The one trick pony strikes again! Use your head Greg!

Devries = as slow as molasses, but man that was a sweet pass by Ovechkin(g). It would have been nice if Zanon had cleared the rebound, but you really can't count on Zanon doing much besides go down to block shots.

Ellis makes a bone-headed mistake and gets yanked, ut he actually played very good up until that point.

As I am typing, Cooke just tagged Hamhuis's knee (inadvertenly it appeared), and Hammer looked like he was in a ton of pain.
Is this the GDT Thread? There's no way I can be the 3rd poster after the game started at this time, end of the 2nd period???

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Is this the GDT Thread? There's no way I can be the 3rd poster after the game started at this time, end of the 2nd period???
Its a home game, and about 95% of our dedicated posters are STH.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

That was a heck of a shot by Arnott. The Caps pulled a Predators defensive scheme...........passively let the offense into the zone.........and they paid for it. Arnott had all day and tons of room to take that shot.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Dang..........I hope there are some good photos of Dumont's unmasking of Huet. Wow!

Old
03-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Tough to lose this one. We were killed in the first period, but the goals were due to some unusual mistakes (especially Ellis's gaffe). After the first, we got our heads in the game and really outchanced Washington significantly. That said, you would expect us to play desperate (as we did) in the final two periods. Credit to Washington for hammering us early.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:40 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Awesome game.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
I *heart* ignorance ... *gives the one finger salute*

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Stranger

How can the Predators come out like that in a huge game in front of a buzzing full house? How can they look so bush league? They couldn't make passes, couldn't make proper line changes, and got absolutely punished for it. I'm not taking anything away from Washington, who's high pressure first period gave us fits (just like Chicago does). But you cannot come out like that. The Predators played outstanding in the second and third periods, carrying the play. But unfortunately for the Predators, its a 3 period game.

First goal, Zanon gets burned trying to block a 'shot' by Semin. Semin makes a great play and simply goes around Zanon to have a clear shot on Ellis.

Second goal, full credit to Ovechkin, who made an outstanding play. Everyone thought he was going around the net.

Third goal, Ellis simply got burned trying to make a play after we killed off a PP.

Fourth goal, it really didn't matter, but Ovechkin banked a perfect shot off the glass to have it slide in the empty net to cap off a great start to the Washington road trip.

Its a shame that the Predators started off so bad, we really needed those 2 points.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

that was a fun game to watch. we had multiple chances to tie it, just couldn't get the bounces. for some reason, this one doesn't sting too badly, despite the fact it's one more nail in our playoff coffin.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Stranger

Hlavac had a great game for the Predators imo. Arnott, despite picking up a goal, played pretty invisible for a captain. Radulov continues his inability to finish the puck. Dumont missed a great opportunity to really turn the game around on his breakaway.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:47 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
I *heart* ignorance ... *gives the one finger salute*

Right back at ya buddy, only asking a question. The question was answered, no need to do that.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Right back at ya buddy, only asking a question. The question was answered, no need to do that.
you should have known that by now that most Preds fans here are actually ticket holders (season ticket/half season), with the exception of golfmade, smokeyclause, enoch and a handful of others ... we get ripped enough for our attendance ... i saw it as an attack and treated it as such

Old
03-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Stranger

Quote:
You were trolling and got called out on it.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:53 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
you should have known that by now that most Preds fans here are actually ticket holders (season ticket/half season), with the exception of golfmade, smokeyclause, enoch and a handful of others ... we get ripped enough for our attendance ... i saw it as an attack and treated it as such

Whatever. Then

What do you think of the Pred chances after this game? Gonna be tough, since the 4 teams that the Preds are trying to chase are all playing each other, and they have to hope that none of those games goes into OT

Old
03-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Whatever. Then

What do you think of the Pred chances after this game? Gonna be tough, since the 4 teams that the Preds are trying to chase are all playing each other, and they have to hope that none of those games goes into OT
I'd say about 33% ... it's gonna be tough, as long as every NW division game from here on out doesn't go to OT, there IS still a possibility ... slim one though

Old
03-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Stranger

Quote:
Whatever. Then

The Predators are really digging themselves a hole here. Its going to go down to the wire and the Predators are not helping themselves at all.

There are some great teams in front of them and the Predators have to be better.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:57 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
I'd say about 33% ... it's gonna be tough, as long as every NW division game from here on out doesn't go to OT, there IS still a possibility ... slim one though
basically they have to run the table and hope that one of the four NW teams just goes on a losing streak, without going into OT.

I find the Preds turnaround remarkable, after having teh firesale last season, they are still very much in it

Old
03-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
basically they have to run the table and hope that one of the four NW teams just goes on a losing streak, without going into OT.

I find the Preds turnaround remarkable, after having teh firesale last season, they are still very much in it
We were a forward away at the beginning of the season. Once Trotz decided to give Radulov a little more trust and to start splitting the goalie starts, our team started playing exponentially better. It is a shame that we did not bring anyone in to fill the void that Sullivan's injury left (essentially saving an additional 3.5 million for Mr. LeiFold), but it is what it is.

Old
03-18-2008, 11:42 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I like Liarpold better but to each his own.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:59 AM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
ugh. apparently sellout = loss. we just cannot come out and lay an egg in the first period and then expect to just turn it on later and get points in OT.

I'm very disappointed. There was a guy in the row behind me that said it perfectly, "How can you be in 9th place, fighting for a playoff spot and come out with this kind of game?"

Mason played well when he came in. Nice goals that we did score.

We could have easily won the game if any of them could lift the puck up. More specifically, if Bonk could have lifted either puck up he would have had 2 goals. So many chances in the second period but we could not finish.

Zidlicky and Zanon I thought were awful. Zanon burned on first 2 goals. I fully expected to see Weber on Ovechkin, but never did.

I was so excited to see Ovechkin, I got down on the glass and got some good pictures of AO. I cannot believe it has taken nearly 3 seasons to finally get to see him in Nashville! I could definitely pull for the Caps if the Pens don't go far (blasphemy as a Pens fan I know), plus Bruce Boudreau was in slapshot and played in Johnstown, how can I not be a fan?!

It's not the end, but I can feel the nail hole being marked.

sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote