HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - 03/18/08 - St Louis @ Montreal - 730pm

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2008, 09:22 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We didn't deserve that point. Blues were committed and hungrier. Good for them.
Yup...the Blues played a very good game.The Habs took them way too lightly and it cost them.I am somewhat happy with the point but it should have been 2 points against a team that struggles on the road.
Oh well on to the next 2 games against the Bruins.Hope the Habs will win both but would be happy with a split.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
A couple did, unfortunately they didn't shoot in the shootout.
like seriously, where the hell was Grabs and Skost in the shootout? AK46 was terrible all game, almost single handedly lost the game in overtime, then comes up with one of the weakest shootout efforts I've ever seen.

Old

Someone should have shot instead of trying a deke.

Old
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
I don't know what Kostitsyn was thinking....

He put no effort into his shot. It was apparent the goalie was going to keep his pad low way before he shot it, would it have hurt to lift the puck a little?

Koivu and Kovalev at least somehow beat the goalie but then hit the post. Actually, I don't know what's worse
None of them even got the puck off the ice, if Kosti had lifted it a foot it was a goal.

Anyway, it doesn't matter 'cause for all intents and purposes the Habs lost the game way earlier than the shootout, what a disappointing performance ... hopefully they'll try a little harder against the Bruins on Thursday.

Old
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiGr8 View Post
I can't believe we lost to the Blues ...and at home.
Thus confirming we're one of the worst home teams in the league. Home ice advantage is starting to scare me a little. Thank God there are no shootouts in the playoffs. We've lost shootouts to non-playoff teams which makes it even more disgusting: Atlanta (twice), Tampa, Florida and now St. Louis. Talk about wasted points. And 4 of those were on home ice, where we've also been shut out 4 times. This is a fragile, yet resilient, team we've got. Thank goodness we're on the road next. What's our season high win streak at home? Three? Brutal!

Old
03-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Stradale

Grabovski didnt even get a stars

So I guess Price is back to the number 1 goalie.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:24 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Who cares, we play 70 games against the East.
This year. Next year, the new schedule comes in and everyone plays everyone at least once. It'll be funny as hell if most of the western teams have winning records while only a few eastern teams have winning records because of a disparity of wins against the west. Check out the NBA standings that could be the NHL next year.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:25 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiGr8 View Post
This year. Next year, the new schedule comes in and everyone plays everyone at least once. It'll be funny as hell if most of the western teams have winning records while only a few eastern teams have winning records because of a disparity of wins against the west. Check out the NBA standings that could be the NHL next year.
Next year we will be better than 3/4 of the Western teams.

Old
Stradale

And I would have choose Sergei instead of Andrei in the shootout.

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
nullified by his stinker of a 2nd goal, that let the air out of the tires.
I was talking about the shootout. Gave Kovalev a chance to bring us even, but unfortunately...

Old
03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Nitehowl

Carbo's To Do List======>

1. Get team more prepared to play against bottom feeders
2. Stop using straws to pick shooters in the circus
3. Begin !!!!! == Emotion

Old
03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Thus confirming we're one of the worst home teams in the league. Home ice advantage is starting to scare me a little. Thank God there are no shootouts in the playoffs. We've lost shootouts to non-playoff teams which makes it even more disgusting: Atlanta (twice), Tampa, Florida and now St. Louis. Talk about wasted points. And 4 of those were on home ice, where we've also been shut out 4 times. This is a fragile, yet resilient, team we've got. Thank goodness we're on the road next. What's our season high win streak at home? Three? Brutal!
Considering we have the best building in the NHL, you'd think we'd be better on home ice. Why aren't these guys pumped? They get 21,000-plus fans a game and the crowd is not exactly quiet.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Why do **** teams always play their best games here?

Old
03-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 50
Wow, I've been here for like one month and I guess it's pretty much bashing for the team for every loss they get. What do you guys expect? The Habs playing like Gods every game? If so, you're just kidding yourself. Bad games happens no matter what, against anybody on any given day. I guess if we rebound next game, everybody will then get high again? It's a long season, they get their highs and lows and hopefully more highs than lows.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:29 PM
buddahsmoka1

WHO CARES who was selected for the shootout. It hs been the same three that he been selected 75% of the year. You guys wouldn't of had a problem if one of them scored. Give it up.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Someone should have shot instead of trying a deke.
Lagacé was way out of his crease challenging the shooters very well. As small as he is, he's pretty fast and he bet that they would all tried to deke him, and he win his bet....

Old
03-18-2008, 09:30 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Next year we will be better than 3/4 of the Western teams.
Let's hope so. Our record against the west this year is not exactly awe inspiring.

Fortunately, we play eastern teams through the first three rounds of the play-offs.

Old
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
I don't know what Kostitsyn was thinking....

He put no effort into his shot. It was apparent the goalie was going to keep his pad low way before he shot it, would it have hurt to lift the puck a little?
Obviously, I can't say this for sure, but I'll take a guess for you.

Andrei was thinking "Right, shootout time. I'll use the move that made me the best shootout guy for the Dogs. The move that beat so many goaltenders in the AHL. The move that REALLY humiliated a couple of those goalies".

And that's the move he went with, the one he knows and has succeeded with in the past. Only it doesn't work so well on NHL goalies, especially if you don't sell it really well. And he didn't.

I've been lucky enough to see a few of the Habs games recently, and he doesn't look on his game right now. He is a guy who needs the puck, but he doesn't always get it on that line, which will happen when playing with such linemates. If people want to see the best out of him, he needs to be a go to guy, and he just isn't at the moment. When he is a go to guy, he builds up the confidence that lets him pull things off. He can do a great job when things are going his way, but right now, they aren't. And his passes are a little off. His stickhandling is off. When this happened in Hamilton, he would sometimes stop skating, which he hasn't done yet thankfully, so that's one lesson learned.

There are three options that can be taken.
1. Keep him where he is and see if he plays his way out of it. It will happen, but it's tough to say when that will be.
2. Build a line around him and let him get his game in gear again.
3. Give him a wake up call, put him on a lower line for a game or two and see if that gives him enough of a jolt to focus his game a bit.

I expect he will be kept where he is for now though. And unless he can do something in the next few games that gives him a sudden boost of confidence and helps him focus, I figure he will continue to play as he has lately. Which would be a shame.

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
Wow, I've been here for like one month and I guess it's pretty much bashing for the team for every loss they get. What do you guys expect? The Habs playing like Gods every game? If so, you're just kidding yourself. Bad games happens no matter what, against anybody on any give day. I guess if we rebound next game, everybody will then get high again? It's a long season, they get their highs and lows and hopefully more highs than lows.
You have much to learn young Jedi.....

Old
03-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Anyways, im not too upset with the loss. We played like crap and they deserved it. We get one point instead of two to a western team, big deal.

Now bring on the Ruins.

Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Carbonneau really messed up tonight, its not even funny

i cant stand this guy as a coach, even if we had won the game, he is just not a good NHL coach, what terrible decision making, DURING the game ANd the players he chooses to scratch, smolinski and brisebois over lapierre and obyrne?? YOU DESERVE this loss Carbo

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
WHO CARES who was selected for the shootout. It hs been the same three that he been selected 75% of the year.
And out record in shootouts is... (drumroll...) 4-5. Not too bad, but... we only have 8 goals in those 9 shootouts I believe

Old
03-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Im a bit dissapointed with all the slow starts recently, it seem the guys pick it up in the 2nd or 3rd period. The team clearly adjusted in the 3rd tonight and it was almost enough to win, i think they will look back at the recent games and realize if they play like they can from the puck drop they will win the conference.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:35 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
And out record in shootouts is... (drumroll...) 4-5. Not too bad, but... we only have 8 goals in those 9 shootouts I believe
A couple of those losses can be attributed to Huet though. I have no problem with Carbo sticking with Kovalev and Koivu or switching it up. However, I don't like how everyone has to come on here and Bi*** about who deserves to be in the shootout. It's juvenile.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
3-5 in OTs too. We're not clutch in the extra period. But oddly enough, we always seem to win in that portion when the opponent is good. When the opponent's a non-playoff team we somehow suck. It's like the killer instinct is totally absent. Oh well, 90 pts.=we're well on our way to our best total in years and a playoff spot is likely a couple wins away.

Closed Thread