HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game takes: You get what you deserved as Blues win in shootout

Old
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Dress Smolinski ahead of Grabovsky, much more useful on PK and faceoffs, plus Boston will knock Grabovsky on his ass all night, they have a grinding scrappy team.
Or you can look at it that Boston would have to catch Grabovski in order to check him, which they can't because they are slow and that's why we beat up on him. Grabovski also scored his first NHL goal vs. the Bruins, so ti's obvious he can play against them.

ice hockey
One entry found.

ice hockey

Main Entry: ice hockey
Function: noun
Date: 1883
: a game played on an ice rink by two teams of six players on skates whose object is to drive a puck into the opponents' goal with a hockey stick

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We probably shouldn't make a big case out of this game....Carbo isn't, He's all smiles during his press conference...
Interesting... but perhaps not surprising in retrospect.

I think he realizes Montreal won't win them all. I think that some very important things were said during that second intermission, and he cannot be unhappy with the way his team responded. I think he figures this shows that his team hasn't lost it and can turn it up when needed.

I think that maybe he is glad that he had a loss to serve as a valuable lesson, gave 0 points to any Eastern opponent, and got a point that is practically as good as a win for the Northeast division. It's frustrating for us fans, but the coach has a young team that responded well to a tough situation and got him a point.

Hey, 90 points... that's what they got all of last season. One more win and they're in.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kernkraft

Quote:
Watch the game and every time he has the puck, don't forget to take the rose coloured glasses off.
I did watch the game. You probably thought Lats was awesome but he looked like he had cement shoes whenever he was on the ice with Sergei and Mikhail.

That was Grabs' best game in the NHL, you can't deny it.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:50 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
God no.........
lol i was kidding... i'm hoping Begin and Lapierre are back in and Kostopolous and Smolinski are out.

It's a given that i don't wanna see Brisebois playing.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Lats had a good game, what are you talking about.
You need to exam your vision quickly.. was aweful..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dress Smolinski ahead of Grabovsky, much more useful on PK and faceoffs, plus Boston will knock Grabovsky on his ass all night, they have a grinding scrappy team.
They will be forced into penalties like McKee was due to his speed and skill. Grabovski needs to stay in the lineup. You completely kill that line by inserting anyone else at C. Lapierre has zero hockey sense, cement hands and horse blinders on, doesn't know how to pass.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Watch the game and every time he has the puck, don't forget to take the rose coloured glasses off.
Well, I am gonna have to call BS as well. Sure, he was a mixed bag of good and bad, it would seem. But when your good outweighs the good of any one other player on your team on a given night, you deserve a LOT more slack than you're giving him, that's for sure.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
On a different note, I fully expect Brisebois and Smolinski/Kostopoulos to be out of the line-up on Thursday night. O'Byrne and Lapierre should be back in.
Price to... Halak let in a very weak and important goal that totaly changed the momentum (Halak looks a lot like Huet, a good no 1 goalie, but that can't raise his game when the time is there... he's still very young and that could change, but for now you got to love Price...)

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Where to begin.

We were soft, not focused (Halak aswell) in the first 2 periods, it was ugly. Getting owned by the 14th place in the West !? Not supposed to happen at this time of the year. Thanks god we came back with energy in the 3rd, Legace gave alot of rebound but we never really finished the job. We really got what we deserved tonight.

On a more individual note, Graboski's speed was very nice to see, Kovalev a monster again tonight, A.Kost making poor decisions (been a cpl of games... starting to get worried), Plekanec looks out of energy (still sick ?) Solid game by Koivu and Higgins... And man, another 5 star to Serge Kost, he amazes me everything he touches the puck. Too bad for Halak but in someway it's good for Price since we won't start that lame-goalie debate again.

Oh man I'll have to talk to my friend Perron asap... he almost scored twice ! Didn't play alot of minutes but you can see that the guy has hands!

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
You're joking right? You're not trying to tell us that Lapierre is more talented then Grabovski are you?
Lapierre is a north South Checker with decent speed and xero hockey sense, I have never seen him make a pass nor score a goal that wasn't given to him on a silver plater (empty net). Please don't compare Grabovski to Lapierre as they are much different players. Lapierre is at best a third liner but should be limited to forth line duties on this team as Koivu Plekanec and Grabovski are better hockey players. You may see Lapierre replace Smolinski or Kostopoulos on Thursday but if you ask me Streit is looking a bit worn out and couls use the rest. He made more mistakes then Smolinski tonight.

Grabovski gives Montreal a scoring third line, replacing him with Lapierre would totally KILL that line.
The Latendresse Lapierre S.Kost line outscored any line that Grabovsky has played on. When did Grabovsky make anything a scoring line? S.Kost made that line a scoring line and playing with Lats is a great fit, Grabovsky does very little.

I'm not a big fan of Lappy on the 3rd line, I'd personally put Smolinski there, he brings decent hands, defensively responsible and can win faceoffs. Grabovsky skates like the wind, but he continuously loses the puck or can't take a pass that's not perfect, if you want to be a skill player at the NHL level, you can't handle the puck like a hand grenade.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
lol there aint . one . person . agreeing with you on ANY of your comments, your pretty much in the dark man, you make no sense

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
speed11

anybody care to explain why carbo went back to the higg saku ryder line and tender skost grabo? the hell is wrong this guy?

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:53 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Where to begin.

We were soft, not focused (Halak aswell) in the first 2 periods, it was ugly. Getting owned by the 14th place in the West !? Not supposed to happen at this time of the year. Thanks god we came back with energy in the 3rd, Legace gave alot of rebound but we never really finished the job. We really got what we deserved tonight.

On a more individual note, Graboski's speed was very nice to see, Kovalev a monster again tonight, A.Kost making poor decisions (been a cpl of games... starting to get worried), Plekanec looks out of energy (still sick ?) Solid game by Koivu and Higgins... And man, another 5 star to Serge Kost, he amazes me everything he touches the puck. Too bad for Halak but in someway it's good for Price since we won't start that lame-goalie debate again.

Oh man I'll have to talk to my friend Perron asap... he almost scored twice ! Didn't play alot of minutes but you can see that the guy has hands!
Kovalev was average tonight.. His accuracy was off, he didn't use his linemates at all, but that whole line was pretty much horrible. Plekanec being the worst.

Old
Zeroknowledge*

A lot of negatives tonight, but is it me or is Sergei Kostitsyn becoming a huge threat every time in the offensive zone whenever allowed little space?

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

St. Louis strikes me as very much like the Habs of last year -- had a great start, was high up in the standings for a while, took an improbable collapse... but they hadn't become a bad team overnight, just could not buy wins. I think the Blues even more so than Montreal.

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol there aint . one . person . agreeing with you on ANY of your comments, your pretty much in the dark man, you make no sense
+1000000 lol

Old
03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Where to begin.

We still played as well or better than Saturday, but a bad call and poor goaltending sank us.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
The Latendresse Lapierre S.Kost line outscored any line that Grabovsky has played on. When did Grabovsky make anything a scoring line? S.Kost made that line a scoring line and playing with Lats is a great fit, Grabovsky does very little.

I'm not a big fan of Lappy on the 3rd line, I'd personally put Smolinski there, he brings decent hands, defensively responsible and can win faceoffs. Grabovsky skates like the wind, but he continuously loses the puck or can't take a pass that's not perfect, if you want to be a skill player at the NHL level, you can't handle the puck like a hand grenade.
Please tell me you are joking, are you brownmaning us?

Old
03-18-2008, 09:55 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
anybody care to explain why carbo went back to the higg saku ryder line and tender skost grabo? the hell is wrong this guy?
Higgins was having a strong game, and several times it was more a matter of having Higgins-Saku-Ryder on the PP and needing to use Lats with Grabovski and Sergei to equalize the ice time.

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
A lot of negatives tonight, but is it me or is Sergei Kostitsyn becoming a huge threat every time in the offensive zone whenever allowed little space?
Him and Grabovski look like they have great chemistry together now, hopefully they can keep it up.

*waits for the user Carey Price to disagree with comment*

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
He'll be a very productive NHLer as long as he plays with someone that can finish. Lats is a great compliment.

Old
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Where to begin.

The Habs played well in the first. No, they didn't completely dominate, but it's not like the Blues were going to lay down and let the Habs walk all over them.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Grabovsky was useless apart from his goal, I think I explained it multiple times.
Yes, and Higgins was useless too apart from his goal I guess.

Grabovski had 3 shots, which is 3rd best amongst our forwards tonight. He had an assist (in a powerplay in which he played really well), he brought us a powerplay late in the game with his speed and hustle and finished the game at +1.

What should he do for you to consider him "useful" when playing 14:38 on a 3rd line?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

I don't care who Carbo plays against the Ruins as long as the Habs win.If Brisebois sits I will be happy though.Nothing good happens when he is in the line up plus O'Byrne's size is needed against the Ruins. I will just be happy when the wind subsides here in Newfieland.Been getting hammered with 140 km/h wind gusts here for almost 2 days.It is pretty wild outside.....

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
(Halak looks a lot like Huet, a good no 1 goalie, but that can't raise his game when the time is there...
I enjoy how people can use their magic butter knife to spread one mistake over x number of games and consider it indicative of something.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote