HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - 03/18/08 - St Louis @ Montreal - 730pm

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2008, 09:37 PM
buddahsmoka1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Carbonneau really messed up tonight, its not even funny

i cant stand this guy as a coach, even if we had won the game, he is just not a good NHL coach, what terrible decision making, DURING the game ANd the players he chooses to scratch, smolinski and brisebois over lapierre and obyrne?? YOU DESERVE this loss Carbo
Hmmmm....yet he is the coach of a young team that is first in thier division. Wow, he must be a horrible coach. I bet you would do such a better job Redux91...because you know so much about hockey.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
A couple of those losses can be attributed to Huet though.
When we score 8 goals in 9 shootouts, you're not even allowed to MENTION the goalies, let alone assess blame.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
When we score 8 goals in 9 shootouts, you're not even allowed to MENTION the goalies, let alone assess blame.
8 goals out of a possible 24 isn't even that bad. That's an average of one goal per three shooters. I'm not saying that thier good in shootouts, all I am saying is people should stop just putting down Carbo for no reason. Whom ever is chosen, needs to step up and score. It's the players that are involved in the shootout not the coach.

BTW, stop quoting the portions of my posts that correlate your defense.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
8 goals out of a possible 24 isn't even that bad. That's an average of one goal per three shooters. I'm not saying that thier good in shootouts, all I am saying is people should stop just putting down Carbo for no reason. Whom ever is chosen, needs to step up and score. It's the players that are involved in the shootout not the coach.

I'm just frustrated 'cause I thought Grabovski had earned the right to shoot in the shootout over at least Andrei Kostitsyn.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm just frustrated 'cause I thought Grabovski had earned the right to shoot in the shootout over at least Andrei Kostitsyn.
Lats scored a goal the game before, i thought he had earned the right to shoot in the shootout. Its debatable i guess.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
8 goals out of a possible 24 isn't even that bad.
Umm... by my math 9 shootouts would equal atLEAST 27 shots... and thus the percentage goes doooooown.

Quote:
I quote and call BS when I see it. If you get caught, that's how it goes down.

Old
03-18-2008, 09:55 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I understand that, I was expecting Grabs to be given the nod as well. However, Carbonneau decided to go with Koivu, Kovalev and Kostitsyn. I respect what ever he decides. Actually, if you look at it subjectively, those three choices are pretty logical.

Quote:
Umm... by my math 9 shootouts would equal atLEAST 27 shots... and thus the percentage goes doooooown.
There were instances where the shootout ended before the last shooter.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-19-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old
03-18-2008, 09:56 PM
speed11

i knew kovy wasnt gonna score in the shootout, i just knew it, i'm not rubbing it in, but he looked so disinterested in this game and it showed on this shot attempt, he had Legace beat, but muffed it. What's he on SO's anyway? i think 1 for 6?

Old
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
There were instances where the shootout ended before the last shooter.
Ah, true. I guess 2 goals right away could do it. I gotta look up the numbers now just to be sure, 'cause I get the feeling I'm gonna start talking out of my rear if I don't double check.

edit: 8 goals on 34 shots. Not BAD but definitely not good. (23rd in the league)

Old
03-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The only thing Carbo screwed up was starting his #2 goalie twice in a row and it bit him in the a$$. If you trust your #1 guy, you don't sit him 2 games in a row. Yeah halak got a shutout, but he didn't exactly beat Detroit.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:01 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
We can't beat the Western Conference. We're 3-7 this year vs the west, and look who those 3 were. LA, Phoenix, and Chicago.
I'm actually not too worried. I think it was actually more a matter of not reacting well to the style and bad circumstances (ie. the Ducks game). I think the 3-5-2 record is a bit misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Bruins on Thursday, Saturday and they're gonna play a helluva lot tougher than St. Louis ....time for a Gainey speech or something....piss poor effort tonite, basically throwing a point away.
I'm not worried and I don't think any gesture is needed. Price will be in goal and the Habs will show up right from the start. They'll have a lot of confidence. They won't understimate them like they did the Blues, and they'll come ready.

Thing we must understand is that this was about as meaningless as the games have been in March for the Habs. Western team, so they don't care if they give away two points. It's highly unlikely they will miss the playoffs. And the Blues are all but eliminated. This had trap game written all over it.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-19-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Old
03-18-2008, 10:13 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Ah, true. I guess 2 goals right away could do it. I gotta look up the numbers now just to be sure, 'cause I get the feeling I'm gonna start talking out of my rear if I don't double check.

edit: 8 goals on 34 shots. Not BAD but definitely not good. (23rd in the league)
Hmm...must of been a long one that I didn't remember. You right, that's not very good.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
A couple of those losses can be attributed to Huet though. I have no problem with Carbo sticking with Kovalev and Koivu or switching it up. However, I don't like how everyone has to come on here and Bi*** about who deserves to be in the shootout. It's juvenile.
I have no problem with him sticking with Koivu who has been one of the best habs this year.

I don't get people who scream for Kovalev who i believe is now 1 for 6.

People need to realize your best or most talent player isn't always the best shoot out guy. Jarko Ruuto is a prime example.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Lagacé was way out of his crease challenging the shooters very well. As small as he is, he's pretty fast and he bet that they would all tried to deke him, and he win his bet....
Koivu made him bite but missed a half open net. Kostystyn had a bit of opening but he'd have to roof it.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:21 PM
buddahsmoka1

Legace challenged because all three Habs came in slow.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The only thing Carbo screwed up was starting his #2 goalie twice in a row and it bit him in the a$$. If you trust your #1 guy, you don't sit him 2 games in a row. Yeah halak got a shutout, but he didn't exactly beat Detroit.
Fail.

Quote:
Hmm...must of been a long one that I didn't remember. You right, that's not very good.
conversely, we're 11th in goaltending in shootouts at 72.7%, btw. Again, not too bad, but not super.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-19-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old
03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Carbonneau really messed up tonight, its not even funny

i cant stand this guy as a coach, even if we had won the game, he is just not a good NHL coach, what terrible decision making, DURING the game ANd the players he chooses to scratch, smolinski and brisebois over lapierre and obyrne?? YOU DESERVE this loss Carbo

What you say has some merit. My criticism is a little different. I thought Andy Murray prepared his team to play the Habs. Their PK was very good (the Koivu goal was a fluke). For a non-playoff team that was in a slump and playing on the road, they looked better than the Northeast Division leader in the first two periods.

Halak looked ordinary, nothing to get excited about. It was just a matter of time until he couldn't put on his Mighty Mouse act. And on the McDonald goal, he was a diminutive man who didn't play his angles at all well and left too much net open. I don't think Price would have allowed that goal.

On the positive side, this was the very best game Grabovski ever played in a Hab uniform. I thought Latendresse played well, which pleased me because I've been ragging him recently. It was also nice to see Higins get a goal and an assist and Koivu to get another goal. The #1 line was unimpressive, as was the PP. At least the Habs will keep a 1 point lead in the division regardless of what the Sens do in their game in hand.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges

Quote:
Iirc the longest was against the Penguins, when Markov scored on the 7th? 8th? shot.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
What you say has some merit. My criticism is a little different. I thought Andy Murray prepared his team to play the Habs. Their PK was very good (the Koivu goal was a fluke). For a non-playoff team that was in a slump and playing on the road, they looked better than the Northeast Division leader in the first two periods.

Halak looked ordinary, nothing to get excited about. It was just a matter of time until he couldn't put on his Mighty Mouse act. And on the McDonald goal, he was a diminutive man who didn't play his angles at all well and left too much net open. I don't think Price would have allowed that goal.

On the positive side, this was the very best game Grabovski ever played in a Hab uniform. I thought Latendresse played well, which pleased me because I've been ragging him recently. It was also nice to see Higins get a goal and an assist and Koivu to get another goal. The #1 line was unimpressive, as was the PP. At least the Habs will keep a 1 point lead in the division regardless of what the Sens do in their game in hand.
St.Louis was very lucky to be up 3-2 after 2. Their 1st goal was directly linked to the brutal call on Koivu(and goal lost), their 2nd was Halak not being out far enough to shut it down, 3rd goal was a lucky no look pass...could have easily been 3-1 Habs.

Old
03-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Chances are SKost would have made a pass...

LOL. Hit my funny bone

Closed Thread