HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game takes: You get what you deserved as Blues win in shootout

Old
03-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Seriously tho, who pissed in ur corn flakes this morning?
well a poster basically insults another's hockey knowledge and then goes onto proclaim a player who has played all of half a year in the NHL putting up decent totals to be a superstar

thats not a going to lead to a great civilized debate.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91

wow! You're cool... You're cool...

You agree that shaking the line-up 2-3 times a game (like tonight) and that playing with your young 20 years old goalie's confidence (he's 20, may I recall you) is justified with 8 games to play in the regular season?

And I suppose you beleive that Brisebois will be more useful than O'Byrne in the playoffs...?

And I suppose that you really think that Carbonneau, in the past, has showed that he manages his goalies well in crucial times (Game 82 vs Toronto, April 6th 2007)...?

Halak gets a stellar performance tonight, Carbonneau just created a brand new goalie contreversy.

Say the opposite as much as you want, I don't even know why I bother to answer you. You must be one of these guys who hate me just because I wrote what I think, instead of licking butts.[/QUOTE]

Im not trying to take anything away from what ur saying and what you think and ur opinion, and im not trying tot ake away anything that uve said

But lets be real, if halak played stellar, carey price starts the next game regardless... the only thing that would of maybe given it a CHANCE that halak starts the next game was a shutout, and that obviously didnt happen, nor did i think it would.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
While i agree with the phenom / superstar difference

You forgot one important name in the Phenom list : Carey Price .... obviously not the poster..
Carey Price the poster >>>>> Carey price the goalie

Have you not read all the intelligent comments he made about Grabovski and our team tonight?

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:08 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Im not trying to take anything away from what ur saying and what you think and ur opinion, and im not trying tot ake away anything that uve said

But lets be real, if halak played stellar, carey price starts the next game regardless... the only thing that would of maybe given it a CHANCE that halak starts the next game was a shutout, and that obviously didnt happen, nor did i think it would.
Maybe that Price would have came back, but do you really think he would have felt that confident in the net? This is not the time to shake a goalie's confidence at this time of the year. I'm almost happy that Halak didn't steal the show... nothing against him... don't get me wrong, I love both of our goalies, but it would not have been good for this team at this point.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
wow! You're cool... You're cool...
Please. I don't need praise from people on the internet.

Quote:
You agree that shaking the line-up 2-3 times a game (like tonight) and that playing with your young 20 years old goalie's confidence (he's 20, may I recall you) is justified with 8 games to play in the regular season?
Ummm... you're lost. I mentioned nothing about my opinion on the lines. And playing with our young goalie's confidence? As many have said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, just sometimes they're wrong.

Quote:
And I suppose you beleive that Brisebois will be more useful than O'Byrne in the playoffs...?

And I suppose that you really think that Carbonneau, in the past, has showed that he manages his goalies well in crucial times (Game 82 vs Toronto, April 6th 2007)...?
Time.To.Take.Your.Meds. You're rambling hysterically about things that are completely unrelated to my replies to your post(s). Take a few pills, call doc in the morning.

Quote:
Halak gets a stellar performance tonight, Carbonneau just created a brand new goalie contreversy.
I'll say it so no one else has to... wrong. But again, the opinion thing. Of course some in the media would try to create one to sell papers, magazines, etc, but in the organization, sorry. Wrong.

Quote:
Say the opposite as much as you want, I don't even know why I bother to answer you. You must be one of these guys who hate me just because I wrote what I think, instead of licking butts.
Well, you should spend more time licking them and less time talking out of them, is my advice. Hit ignore if you like, refrain from posting replies if you like, but I don't care if you agree with me or not. But if I don't agree with you, I'll reply. That's a promise. Classes are over for the school year so I'm in the teacher's room 8 hours a day with a computer and nothing better to do but occasionally practice guitar, drums, or shoot some hoops...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:10 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

And may I add...

I'm REALLY high on Sergei Kostitsyn. Even more since a couple of weeks. He is really progressing right now. I think we will see a wonderful player in the next years. This kid is just the complete package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Please. I don't need praise from people on the internet.

Ummm... you're lost. I mentioned nothing about my opinion on the lines. And playing with our young goalie's confidence? As many have said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, just sometimes they're wrong.

Time.To.Take.Your.Meds. You're rambling hysterically about things that are completely unrelated to my replies to your post(s). Take a few pills, call doc in the morning.

I'll say it so no one else has to... wrong. But again, the opinion thing. Of course some in the media would try to create one to sell papers, magazines, etc, but in the organization, sorry. Wrong.

Well, you should spend more time licking them and less time talking out of them, is my advice. Hit ignore if you like, refrain from posting replies if you like, but I don't care if you agree with me or not. But if I don't agree with you, I'll reply. That's a promise. Classes are over for the school year so I'm in the teacher's room 8 hours a day with a computer and nothing better to do but occasionally practice guitar, drums, or shoot some hoops...
I won't waste my time reading your trash anymore. I've said nothing against you to receive those kind of answers... I've said nothing about nobody here to deserve the kind of treatment I'm getting when I DARE writing what I think of some players of this team. That's a pity, because there are many great posters here.

Don't bother to answer me, I'll not see your posts anymore.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-19-2008 at 03:42 AM.
HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I'll not see your posts anymore.
*sighs with relief*

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:27 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

the good :
- the Grabovski - Higgins - Kostystin line, they looked like they had turbos attached to their skates, crazy fast line.
- Gorges replacing the Breezer alongside Hamrlik in the 2nd half of the game. Thanks Guy!

tip to our C : next time, don't look at the player you're about to "interfere" before doing it. Ref might then realize it is planned...

tip to Markov : next time, don't look at the ref WHILE falling, he might then notice you're trying to embelish...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro View Post
bla bla bla... People kept telling me that it was Patrick Kane and Sam Gagner that made Sergei Kostitsyn

Also,

Phenom = Ovechkin, Crosby, Brodeur, Malkin, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, etc.
Superstar = Richards, Savard, Kovalev, Nash, Gaborik, Havlat, E.Staal, Hossa, etc.
Star = Tanguay, Huselius, Prospal, Sedins, Doan, Bergeron, Hemsky, Elias, Cheecho, Marleau, etc.

And yes, Sergei will belongs in this Superstar category.
Kovalev as a superstar? ***.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
St. louis played excellent defensive hockey tonight and punished our players all night long with hard checks. Andy Murray scouted for the Habs last season and must have known he had to play trap and be physical. The Blues did just that and the Habs looked lost and worn down at times. However, we did have a lot of chances that the blues blocked because of their outstanding lane blocking and net collapsing strategy. Solid game by St. louis, sluggish game by Montreal.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:49 AM
m00ks

Came back from the Bell center, here are my takes:

-St Louis played great defensively. Blocked shots, key defensive tips, clogged the shooting and passing lanes. Also great positioning against our PP.

-Grabovski had a very solid game, those who say otherwise are just hating. Created chances, scored, assisted, drew penalties. In the top 5 players dressed tonight, I was extremely surprised he didn't get a star. Great game from Gorges, Higgins and S.Kost. That third line is working wonders.

-Smolinski didn't have a TERRIBLE game, just had a brain cramp that lead to the first goal. Brisebois was tolerable and Halak was ok.

-Pleks prolly had one of his worst games he was pressured plenty and rushed his plays same with A.Kost. who could have used more patience with the puck instead of wiring low percentage shots. Kovalev tried to carry the line by himself but obviously, that wasn't going anywhere.That line was pretty well checked, some chances but pretty sloppy. The execution was simply not there for them.

This game was pretty much ours to lose. Even with the mediocre first two periods. First goal was on a 5-3, Halak should have stopped the second and the third was a blown coverage by Koivu. Our speed was killer and it was only neutralized by their hard wok on our end early on. We were visibly the better team, St Louis just capitalized on the chances they had. There weren't that many.

On against Boston with 90 points. We're still golden just need a better work rate. Now worries.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Lafleurs Guy

For the first time this season, I thought Roman Hamrlyk looked bad out there. I guess he was due for a clunker because he's been solid all year.

Give credit where its due, the Blues wanted it and played like it. Jackman was a real force tonight, good to see him back and healthy. When he's on, he can take over a game... kind of like another blueliner I know.

Pretty fun game to watch actually. Oh well, take the point and move on.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:16 AM
LesHabsRock

It was actually a good game. IMO Our offense is rarely the reason why we lose a game. The offense scored 3 goals tonight and lost. The defense really needs to tighten up. I'm really getting tired of losing to Western teams. Habs have lost to Detroit, Dallas, Anaheim, San Jose, Columbus, Nashville, and now St. Louis. They have only beaten Chicago, Phoenix, and L.A. This only further proves those "West is best" advocates which I hate with a passion. I expect the Habs to win those battles vs the West, otherwise making the Cup finals and losing is the most to expect of this team. Now, all the West teams use Montreal, Ottawa and the Eastern elite as measuring sticks for how good the East is and the East has not represented well. I hope I'm proven wrong.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:19 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Koivu's move in the shootout was nuts

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:24 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Koivu's move in the shootout was nuts
I don't know how that didn't go in. Legace seemed down and out yet the puck stayed out.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:27 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
I don't know how that didn't go in. Legace seemed down and out yet the puck stayed out.
did it hit the post or his stick or the stick then post, what happened?

Old
03-19-2008, 01:30 AM
emb24*

a stat was posted on radio canada's 'la zone' that the blues had 32 blocked shots to go along with the 17 that missed the net + the 27 or so we took for a grand total of like 76 shots directed at legace

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:31 AM
emb24*

Quote:
emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
Hit the side of the post.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:36 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

****in posts

Old
03-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I don't know the AKs didn't just shoot. Legace is tiny.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:51 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I don't know the AKs didn't just shoot. Legace is tiny.
I know, i was thinking the same thing. I knew he was gonna miss he just didn't look comfortable.

Old
03-19-2008, 06:19 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

I didnt see the game again, because of ****ing work..

But it looks like Grabovski had a solid offensive game???

However, looking at the stats, the kid really, really needs to work on face-offs. 1/10 is ****ing horrible.

I doubt Brisebois was any good to anyone here (though I seen some say he was was tolerable).. but his stat-line looks pretty good. 15min, 1 Hit, 2 Blocked-Shots, 0 Give-Aways.

JUST SAW HIGHLIGHTS;

* I loved Grabovski's reaction after his goal.
* Komisarek, I think, was responsible for the third goal against us.
* Halak's only weak goal, IMO, was the one McDonald scored.
* The shootout, the Blues got a lucky bounce.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 03-19-2008 at 06:25 AM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 06:31 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
For the first time this season, I thought Roman Hamrlyk looked bad out there. I guess he was due for a clunker because he's been solid all year.
I was thinking the same thing but then realized, if that's his worst game, we're still golden. Remember Souray and Rivet's worst games? *shudder*

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
A point, no injuries, I'll take it. A lot of good teams have lost to the Blues, live and learn.
Pretty much, not the end of the world.

Not sure what the second period was about but they certainly dominated in the 3rd but just couldn't get it done.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote