HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Malik again

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2008, 06:24 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Malik again

He leads the team in +- once again.

Just wanted to say hello to his regular bunch of bashers who have been forced to hold their tongues lately.

Coincidence again? Jagr is carrying him? The moon is at full eclipse? The results are fixed?

There are a couple of posters that must be real confused about this happening again. They'll reappear to bash when he makes a bad defensive play (as all defensemen do) but for now they can't say all that much.

One poster was so infuriated by my support of Malik earlier this season that he suggeested that I perform an act on balls of some sort. You are welcome to chime in.

Old
03-19-2008, 06:43 AM
TheZherdev

Malik just sucks against strong for checking teams. When they start hitting him hard behind his own net is when we see his turn over ability at his worst. but when he has time to think, hes as sound as they come. So really its about matching him up with the right opponents.

Old
03-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Smashley

Well this looks like its going to be a real productive thread...

Old
03-19-2008, 06:51 AM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
I'm no fan of Malik but I was definitely happy to see he back in the line up.

Old
03-19-2008, 07:08 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Well this looks like its going to be a real productive thread...
Define a "productive" thread. Are they productive when they bash players or the coach or when they suggest make believe trades? There is no such thing as a productive thread. They are people expressing their thoughts that pertain to the NY Rangers.

Those of us that don't regularly bash Malik sometimes get tired of people who do bash him. When there have been scores of anti-Malik threads why complain about one that isn't bashing him, unless you complained with the same sentiment in the bashing Malik threads?

Wanted to point out that he is the most underrated player on the team in my opinion and I think the stats consistently prove that point.

Old
03-19-2008, 07:09 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
Malik just sucks against strong for checking teams. When they start hitting him hard behind his own net is when we see his turn over ability at his worst. but when he has time to think, hes as sound as they come. So really its about matching him up with the right opponents.
Which defenseman isn't more likely to turn over the puck when he is hit hard behind his own net?

Old
03-19-2008, 07:50 AM
blue425

I've always said this: Malik gets much more crap then he deserves. You can have a lucky season or two...maybe. But this guys is +140 in his career...that folks is not luck. Luck only gets you so far.

Old
03-19-2008, 07:53 AM
ThirdEye

Malik got what he deserved for his terrible start to the season. Just cause he is playing well now doesn't excuse him from all those game were he sucked. Yes you can say our other defensemen weren't great either, but two are rookies and Tyutin is still very young. Malik is a vet

Good for him now. Hope he can keep it up

Old
03-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Stepan Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
Really, because for most of the game last night the Pens sent a two or three man forecheck in and he seemed to handle it quite well.

Old
03-19-2008, 07:57 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Malik got what he deserved for his terrible start to the season. Just cause he is playing well now doesn't excuse him from all those game were he sucked. Yes you can say our other defensemen weren't great either, but two are rookies and Tyutin is still very young. Malik is a vet

Good for him now. Hope he can keep it up
He better keep it up. This team is obviously BETTER with him in the lineup. So please Marek keep up the good work.

Old
03-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Levitate

Here, let me just make this callout thread when things are going in my favor. Saying "I told you so" feels sooooooooooooo good

Old
03-19-2008, 08:17 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
He leads the team in +- once again.

Just wanted to say hello to his regular bunch of bashers who have been forced to hold their tongues lately.

Coincidence again? Jagr is carrying him? The moon is at full eclipse? The results are fixed?

There are a couple of posters that must be real confused about this happening again. They'll reappear to bash when he makes a bad defensive play (as all defensemen do) but for now they can't say all that much.

One poster was so infuriated by my support of Malik earlier this season that he suggeested that I perform an act on balls of some sort. You are welcome to chime in.
Do you feel better now?

Closed.