HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu #10 on top 10 captains......NHL.com(impact magazine)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2008, 06:22 PM
  #26
vesperal
Registered User
 
vesperal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
There has never been a Euro captain take his team to the Stanley cup...........so will this be the year?
Probably since Lidstrom is the Wings captain. But Finland hate is gonna short since Koivu is gonna win it for them in 2009.

vesperal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 06:25 PM
  #27
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
the list includes only captains who've been in the league since Yzerman was named captain of the Wings 21 years ago and last time I checked Beliveau did not play in the NHL during that time.
link please!!!

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 06:27 PM
  #28
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The reactions here are funny. Every single fan of other teams considers Koivu to be one of the best captains currently in the NHL. Yet for some reason Habs fans think he sucks.

I get the feeling If Yzerman or Sakic were the captain of this team, people would still complain.
you're comparing apples to oranges. Koivu's production has never been anywhere close to that of Yzerman nor Sakic. Look at how people are happy of Kovalev this year because of how he performs. I highly doubt that people dislike Koivu just for the sake of it. His production isn't that of a Yzerman or Sakic but is better than say Lang or Legwand.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 06:30 PM
  #29
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The reactions here are funny. Every single fan of other teams considers Koivu to be one of the best captains currently in the NHL. Yet for some reason Habs fans think he sucks.

I get the feeling If Yzerman or Sakic were the captain of this team, people would still complain.
Every single fan of the other teams ....yeah sure !

We aren't talking about the best captains of the current teams , but of the last 20 years . But i understand that you have no clue about the great captains that played in the NHL during those years , since you are just 22 years old .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
  #30
Stephen Locke*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Offline
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Personally I can't wait until the playoffs.

If this team goes to the conference finals or more, we'll all be happy right?

Of course, the haters will say Koivu had nothing to do with it. We'll have gone far because we have a good team, not because Koivu is a good captain or anything.

Yet the same haters blame Koivu for never taking those bad teams anywhere. Funny how it works.

Koivu never led this team to anything! Koivu is the only constant over all those bad years!

But if this team does go far this year, it certainly won't be because of Koivu!
Don't worry,the Koivu haters(I would hesitate to call them simply detractors or critics,you know the difference between a pure hater and a critic)are lacking of critical judgement and are just being hypocrites.They'll be very very reluctant to give Koivu credit when it is due yet they'll be ready to illogically bash him in unfair circumstances:The endless complain about how he didn't lead us to the Cup during 1999-2006.Yeah during those years when we were perennial contenders,geniuses,you got it right,he basically choked like Yzerman before he had an adequate and excellent team to surround him.


Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 03-18-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
  #31
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,886
vCash: 500
That list has no Yzerman....

EPIC FAIL.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 06:47 PM
  #32
Richybaby
 
Richybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Yamaska
Country: Canada
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
That list has no Yzerman....

EPIC FAIL.
Look at the page just before

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 06:47 PM
  #33
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Every single fan of the other teams ....yeah sure !
It's called a hyperbole. Do you know what that is?

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:48 PM
  #34
ari1160
 
ari1160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Personally I can't wait until the playoffs.

If this team goes to the conference finals or more, we'll all be happy right?

Of course, the haters will say Koivu had nothing to do with it. We'll have gone far because we have a good team, not because Koivu is a good captain or anything.

Yet the same haters blame Koivu for never taking those bad teams anywhere. Funny how it works.

Koivu never led this team to anything! Koivu is the only constant over all those bad years!

But if this team does go far this year, it certainly won't be because of Koivu!
anywhere the anti-saku fans hears the name saku.. they will all join in and start bashing for no good reason. anytime i see a thread with the name saku or koivu on it am just scared to go in cause it always if not most of the time gets ugly on HF.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
  #35
Stephen Locke*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Offline
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
anywhere the anti-saku fans hears the name saku.. they will all join in and start bashing for no good reason. anytime i see a thread with the name saku or koivu on it am just scared to go in cause it always if not most of the time gets ugly on HF.
Koivu haters can all line up to suck up my ***.It's not fair or reasonable criticism anymore regarding Koivu for certain people,it's just plain hatred.That's usually happens with folks who don't have any hockey knowledge and just tend to rip or bash a player regardless of his performance.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
  #36
ari1160
 
ari1160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
you're comparing apples to oranges. Koivu's production has never been anywhere close to that of Yzerman nor Sakic. Look at how people are happy of Kovalev this year because of how he performs. I highly doubt that people dislike Koivu just for the sake of it. His production isn't that of a Yzerman or Sakic but is better than say Lang or Legwand.
he was not talking about production wise, but as a captains wise. and i dont recall sakic or yzerman getting injured million times like saku did. with every thing saku been through, and the amount of production hes producing its pretty damn good. but to my point no one compare saku with sakic or yzerman in a production wise.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:44 PM
  #37
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
he was not talking about production wise, but as a captains wise. and i dont recall sakic or yzerman getting injured million times like saku did. with every thing saku been through, and the amount of production hes producing its pretty damn good. but to my point no one compare saku with sakic or yzerman in a production wise.
read for yourself he said if the Canadiens had a guy like Yzerman or Sakic we would still complain. Koivu has played full seasons for the last 5 years (including this year) and his points high were 75 and 71, for the rest of his career he's been around 50 or 60 points a year. So is it hatred to say that he's not a great offensive threat and that he's not the main candidate to be the best player on your team ? I think not, we're just stating facts. If you think saying Ribeiro has become a better center is hate, then good for you. Is Koivu a decent center ? Yes he sure is, but is it hate to think that he's not outstanding by any means on the ice and that this year he has hurt the team ver often by taking way too many penalties ? ... anyway, all that is beside the point because the article doesn't say anywhere by what standards those captains were chosen and that's all I had to say about that anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
Koivu haters can all line up to suck up my ***.It's not fair or reasonable criticism anymore regarding Koivu for certain people,it's just plain hatred.That's usually happens with folks who don't have any hockey knowledge and just tend to rip or bash a player regardless of his performance.
define hockey knowledge


Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-19-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:57 PM
  #38
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
It's called a hyperbole. Do you know what that is?
Wrong . It's called a wet dream . Do you know what that is ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:17 PM
  #39
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Wrong . It's called a wet dream . Do you know what that is ?
I guess you don't know what a hyperbole is.

And yes, I know what a wet dream is. It's about the only action you have ever gotten in the past 15 years.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 11:22 PM
  #40
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Man, some people in this thread clearly lack reading comprehension. It wasn't a best captain of all-time list...

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:38 AM
  #41
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Wrong . It's called a wet dream . Do you know what that is ?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=339498

So I guess this is just a wet dream or something? Cause I'm pretty sure I see Koivu near the top of pretty much all of those lists.

Maybe you should go to a different message board for a while. Or change your username again. You're getting stale.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:48 AM
  #42
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
That list has no Yzerman....

EPIC FAIL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Strange list indeed, but only because of some of the legendary captains they neglected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Where is Gainey? Are they trying to sell me that Koivu is a better captain than Gainey?!
Epic reading comprehension fail. List = since (and not including) Yzerman's captaincy.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:52 AM
  #43
-Miikka-*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Finland
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
read for yourself he said if the Canadiens had a guy like Yzerman or Sakic we would still complain. Koivu has played full seasons for the last 5 years (including this year) and his points high were 75 and 71, for the rest of his career he's been around 50 or 60 points a year. So is it hatred to say that he's not a great offensive threat and that he's not the main candidate to be the best player on your team ? I think not, we're just stating facts. If you think saying Ribeiro has become a better center is hate, then good for you. Is Koivu a decent center ? Yes he sure is, but is it hate to think that he's not outstanding by any means on the ice and that this year he has hurt the team ver often by taking way too many penalties ? ... anyway, all that is beside the point because the article doesn't say anywhere by what standards those captains were chosen and that's all I had to say about that anyway.
Some of you fans really don't deserve Saku.
I wished for several years some other team would have drafted him.

-Miikka-* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 06:49 AM
  #44
Bryzga lol*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalander977 View Post
I guess I need Lasik surgery because I failed to see:

Mike Modano
Ron Francis
Doug Gilmour
Dale Hawerchuk

and...

Kirk Muller
Trevor Linden
Peter Statsny
Jarome Iginla

The last 4 are debatable thought...
I think Modano deserves less credit than Koivu considering he got striped of his captaincy.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 08:11 AM
  #45
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Epic reading comprehension fail. List = since (and not including) Yzerman's captaincy.

Right back at you - we were directed to page 4 in the OP. No where was Yzerman mentioned.

Most EPIC fail on your part for ASSuming the worst...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 08:46 AM
  #46
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Miikka- View Post
Some of you fans really don't deserve Saku.
I wished for several years some other team would have drafted him.
hum ok, I would deserve !!! Saku only if I thought he was as good as Sakic or Yzerman ? I really appreciate what he does off-the-ice but utimately it's not what wins you games. Am I happy with him being the 2nd center of the team ? Yeah I think he's fine in that role, he takes way too many penalties but overall he's fine.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 08:47 AM
  #47
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Right back at you - we were directed to page 4 in the OP. No where was Yzerman mentioned.

Most EPIC fail on your part for ASSuming the worst...
you only had to read page 3, it's not it's a great leap of imagination o think that there would be some sort of explanation the page before you're reading

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 09:00 AM
  #48
Vards
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
For what it's worth I think Koivu and Sundin actually deserve to be on that list. Peca and Alfie I'm not sure of though... Apparently a huge part of the dressing-room problems in Ottawa are related to poor leadership. Alot of things go on behind the scenes that even the coach doesn't know about, it's up to the captain and assistants to deal with these rather than letting the poor coach take the blame...

Vards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:28 AM
  #49
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
you only had to read page 3, it's not it's a great leap of imagination o think that there would be some sort of explanation the page before you're reading

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:37 AM
  #50
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=339498

So I guess this is just a wet dream or something? Cause I'm pretty sure I see Koivu near the top of pretty much all of those lists.

Maybe you should go to a different message board for a while. Or change your username again. You're getting stale.
Where's Jason Smith on that team? He's a great leader, and was named captain of the flyers as he got there. The Oliers' team was very ticked at them for trading him. He goes out there, he blocks shots, he hits, he fights, and he may not be an offensive defensman, he does chip in with points.

That guy has Yashin in there.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.