HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game takes: You get what you deserved as Blues win in shootout

Old
03-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
We need a Jaroslav Halak the poster.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Turbo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
My expectations for the next game:

Brisebois out -> O'Byrne in

Smolinski out -> Lapierre in

Kosto out -> Begin in (read yesterday that he is ready to come back)

Which IMO would give us our best possible lineup.
Call Carbo and get it done.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 09:20 AM
David_99

Quote:
We need a Jaroslav Halak the poster.
Not if he's as obsessed as Christobal Huet the poster

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Call Carbo and get it done.
Sadly he doesn't return my calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Not if he's as obsessed as Christobal Huet the poster
Well we have Cristo and Carey, so I thought it would only be fair to have Jaro.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Maybe I see him on good games, but I've seen Stewart make some nice dekes and control the puck really well. You think he can be our Jarko Ruutu?

Then again, there are games where Ryder dekes around people like he's Kovalev. So I don't know.
He makes the occasional nice play but it doesn't look to me like something that he could pull off at any moment, in any game. I think he needs to be in a certain frame of mind for that. But generally speaking, the puck is not the hockey equivalent of a hand grenade to him, as it was a guy like Stortini. Stewart is kinda like Lapierre in that regard (for the sake of a comparison) only with better discipline. He doesn't mind carrying the puck and won't look bad in basic situations, but I don't expect the fancy stuff from him on any sort of regular basis.

As for being our Ruutu, I'm not sure he is that much of a pest, although we will see as he develops. I also can't think of anything he did that could be considered dirty. There will likely be similarities in their games, but I don't think Stewart will push to the extremes that Ruutu sometimes does. I could well be wrong though.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
the good :
- the Grabovski - Higgins - Kostystin line, they looked like they had turbos attached to their skates, crazy fast line.
- Gorges replacing the Breezer alongside Hamrlik in the 2nd half of the game. Thanks Guy!

tip to our C : next time, don't look at the player you're about to "interfere" before doing it. Ref might then realize it is planned...

tip to Markov : next time, don't look at the ref WHILE falling, he might then notice you're trying to embelish...
tip to ref: when a blues forward runs over a Hab defender who hasn't handled the puck and is standing beside his goal......it's a penalty. Or, if Streit gets smacked in the face by a Blues stick along the boards......it's a penalty.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 11:05 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
the good :
- the Grabovski - Higgins - Kostystin line, they looked like they had turbos attached to their skates, crazy fast line.
- Gorges replacing the Breezer alongside Hamrlik in the 2nd half of the game. Thanks Guy!

tip to our C : next time, don't look at the player you're about to "interfere" before doing it. Ref might then realize it is planned...

tip to Markov : next time, don't look at the ref WHILE falling, he might then notice you're trying to embelish...
Strange how after this, we played a much stronger game? The stat of our W/L ratio with Brisebois in the lineup is no fluke IMO.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
CanadienErrant*

Time to bench

Smolinski and Brisebois

and bring back

Lapierre and O'Byrne !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 11:59 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Well we have Cristo and Carey, so I thought it would only be fair to have Jaro.
I'll do it soon as Breezer retires lol

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has to take a big chunk of the blame, he looked bad on that McDonald goal.
I dunno. An open snapshot from the faceoff dot. We would have expected anyone except for Andy McDonald to bury a chance like that. I think he could have come out a bit more to cut off the angle, but he hardly looked weak. Man, people around here can be overly (and unjustifiably) critical by times.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
My expectations for the next game:

Brisebois out -> O'Byrne in

Smolinski out -> Lapierre in

Kosto out -> Begin in (read yesterday that he is ready to come back)

Which IMO would give us our best possible lineup.
I'm okay with that, as long as Lapierre is limited to 4th line duty.
Lapierre does not have the talent ot play with Ryder or Higgins.
Ryder has been playing well since being coupled with Koivu and Higgins or Koivu Latendresse I say leave him there:

A.Kost Pleks Kovalev
Higgins Koivu Ryder
Latendresse Grabivski S.Kost
Begin Lapierre Streit

Komiserek Markov
O'Byrne (for the love of God) Hammerlik
Boullion Goerges

Price
Halak

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Ryder has been playing well since being coupled with Koivu and Higgins or Koivu Latendresse
I somewhat agree. I liked the way Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder was starting to look, given that it meant Higgins - Grabs - S. Kost was given a chance to happen. The latter has future possibilities, while the former is a good blend, but will be limited by the remaining longevity of Koivu and management's patience with Ryder.

Old
03-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I somewhat agree. I liked the way Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder was starting to look, given that it meant Higgins - Grabs - S. Kost was given a chance to happen. The latter has future possibilities, while the former is a good blend, but will be limited by the remaining longevity of Koivu and management's patience with Ryder.
I expect Koivu-Lats-Ryder back together tomorrow. I think the lines were broken up more as a consequence of the power plays in the 3rd than anything else (Koivu-Ryder-Higgins had a PP shift and were followed by Lats-Grab-Sergei after the PP when they scored - Carbo just decided to let it ride from there).

Grabs-Sergei-Higgins should be back unless Carbo decides to insert Lapierre in Grabovski's spot. Personally, if he's inserted I'd prefer Lapierre with 4th line duties in Smolinski's spot and I think Grabovski earned another start.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Grabs-Sergei-Higgins should be back unless Carbo decides to insert Lapierre in Grabovski's spot. Personally, if he's inserted I'd prefer Lapierre with 4th line duties in Smolinski's spot and I think Grabovski earned another start.
Agreed. Enough mussing around, I say. Energy is something we perhaps lacked a little of (despite what the stats for "attempts" on goal show), and it may be time to let the young guys run the season out and see if they can bring it.

Old
03-19-2008, 01:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

If Carbo inserts Lapierre in Grabo's spot.. I am going to lose my hair. He had the game of his career and his line looked smoking.

I would not be opposed to replacing Smokes with Laps and Poulos with Begin though!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:45 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
tip to ref: when a blues forward runs over a Hab defender who hasn't handled the puck and is standing beside his goal......it's a penalty. Or, if Streit gets smacked in the face by a Blues stick along the boards......it's a penalty.
True, forgot about that one in the 2nd, that was an ugly non-call!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
HotPie

Carbo should keep the Grabovski, Higgins and Sergei line intact. They've been dynamite ever since they were put together.

I have faith in Carbo that he'll keep Grabovski in the lineup. I have a feeling Smolinski will be out and Lapierre will be in.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Carbo should keep the Grabovski, Higgins and Sergei line intact. They've been dynamite ever since they were put together.

I have faith in Carbo that he'll keep Grabovski in the lineup. I have a feeling Smolinski will be out and Lapierre will be in.
My feeling:
Smolinski and Brisebois out. Lapierre, O'Byrne in. Begin might play instead of Kostopoulos too.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 02:03 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
A.Kost Pleks Kovalev
Higgins Koivu Ryder
Latendresse Grabivski S.Kost
Begin Lapierre Streit
Lats could not keep up with Sergei or Mikhail even if they both had a broken leg, he belongs on Saku's (the 3rd) line.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Lats could not keep up with Sergei or Mikhail even if they both had a broken leg, he belongs on Saku's (the 3rd) line.
Yup, that and the fact it would bring us back with the Higgins/Koivu/Ryder non-productive line.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
If Carbo inserts Lapierre in Grabo's spot.. I am going to lose my hair. He had the game of his career and his line looked smoking.

I would not be opposed to replacing Smokes with Laps and Poulos with Begin though!
I think your hair is safe. He mentioned in the press conference that their line worked hard through all three periods (implying the others didn't, since he said the "team" didn't play well for 2 periods). I imagine they will atleast start the next game together. The rest is up to Carbs' magic 12-sided starting line up dice...

Old
03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post

Be ready for this change, im sure it will happen. Although i thought Grabo played well, he will probably be the odd man out for the playoffs. Yesterday there was a point in the second period where Grabo was like a human piniada, habs where getting physically outplayed and they couldnt get anything going. Grabo will probably struggle in the playoffs and its logical that Lapierre will take his place.

Lapierre is tailor made for the playoffs and cant wait to see him perform. Lapierre was instrumental for the bulldogs cup run and he will make a name for himself this year you can be sure of that.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I dunno. An open snapshot from the faceoff dot. We would have expected anyone except for Andy McDonald to bury a chance like that. I think he could have come out a bit more to cut off the angle, but he hardly looked weak. Man, people around here can be overly (and unjustifiably) critical by times.
It was a bad angle shot with the pass taken away, all he had to do was be agressive on the shooter and there was 0% chance of scoring. Lagace had a similar chance late 3rd and completely shut it down...plus it was a wobbly shot, hardly a howitzer.

He was also too deep in his net on the Eric Johnson goal. If you are a 5'11" goalie in the NHL you have to be agressive on your angles and not go down too early.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 02:43 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn = Elite talent

Enough said !!

No he isn't.

I think SK is the ****ing man, but how can you say he has elite talent?

He's good, but not that good.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
It's not a NAScar race, he doesn't have to race them, he usually gets open and gets his shot off quickly, they just need to get him the puck. He's by far the best finisher of those 3.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote