HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs sign JT Wyman

Old
03-18-2008, 09:39 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm hoping he explodes onto the AHL scene.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
Wow it wont be long and Gillette will have to change the team name to the Montreal Americans.
I hope you're trying to be facetious.

At least he's not another Russian.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:08 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I hope the Habs draft from everywhere except Canada and especially Quebec from now on. Just to piss off those who make ignorant comments.

Edit: Like the one I just made.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Bullsmith

Good news. Hamilton can sure use an infusion of fresh talent. Too bad they don't look like they can make the playoffs.

Wyman's a dark horse prospect, but it would be great to see him make the NHL. I want to habs to keep getting bigger and tougher without sacrificing speed, and there aren't too many players that can bring that kind of package to the table.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 08:58 AM
eddy

Good news! J.T. developed slowly but he made improvemnts in each of his 4 years in the NCAA and is now shaping up to be a pretty decent prospect. Big winger, with speed and a scoring touch, can't get enough of those, interested to see how well he takes the jump to pros.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
GNick42

He'll be in Montreal by the start of the 2009-10 season? Him and Patches should make a great line together....put them with Chipchura.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:30 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

It will be interesting to see what position he plays. He has been mostly a RW but this year he moved to the LW and had his best season stats wise and imo from having seen him all 4 years at Dartmouth, he seemed to have the most confidence this year by far although that could be from various reasons as he was used on the top line all year for the first time and the big green were really lacking on talent this year so he had to be the go to guy along with pens prospect nick johnson.

So I assume he'll be a RW, but he clearly can play both and I saw him when he was playing defense and he didn't look out of place, not that I ever expect him to play defense again. Don't know if Lever will put him in the lineup this weekend or not, hope so as I look forward to seeing him.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
It will be interesting to see what position he plays. He has been mostly a RW but this year he moved to the LW and had his best season stats wise and imo from having seen him all 4 years at Dartmouth, he seemed to have the most confidence this year by far although that could be from various reasons as he was used on the top line all year for the first time and the big green were really lacking on talent this year so he had to be the go to guy along with pens prospect nick johnson.

So I assume he'll be a RW, but he clearly can play both and I saw him when he was playing defense and he didn't look out of place, not that I ever expect him to play defense again. Don't know if Lever will put him in the lineup this weekend or not, hope so as I look forward to seeing him.
Would love to have the confirmation that he will play 'cause I'll pay the fee just to see him perform. Might not be the best idea since it can't be his best game having to adapt and all but really eager to see how he performs against tougher opposition.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Would love to have the confirmation that he will play 'cause I'll pay the fee just to see him perform. Might not be the best idea since it can't be his best game having to adapt and all but really eager to see how he performs against tougher opposition.
Well tune into the dogs radio, if the game starts at 7:30, which of course means the actual game will start 5-7 minutes later, you can listen to Derick on 820 cham and he'll usually say who will play just before the action starts or right as it starts. Have the info for B2 all filled out just don't click send, this way if he's playing you'll hear it and can watch the game without missing hardly any action. I have a season pass so I watch all the games usually.

Old
03-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Iwishihadacup

can he play?!?

I don't think he was on the clear day roster

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
can he play?!?

I don't think he was on the clear day roster
Clear day roster is only for players that are already under contract at that time. Anyone that is signed after can play for the Dogs. Maxwell, White, Wyman, any of these guys can go to Hamilton (once the season is over for Maxwell/White and White is signed) Cepek as well although I don't think they would send him to Hamilton.

Old
03-19-2008, 12:05 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Clear day roster is only for players that are already under contract at that time. Anyone that is signed after can play for the Dogs. Maxwell, White, Wyman, any of these guys can go to Hamilton (once the season is over for Maxwell/White and White is signed) Cepek as well although I don't think they would send him to Hamilton.
Doesn't White has only to be signed to an amateur tryout with the Dogs to play?

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Doesn't White has only to be signed to an amateur tryout with the Dogs to play?
Yea that's all it will take although I could see the Hitmen going far and Hamilton not even making the playoffs, so I am not expecting to see White or Weber in Hamilton until next year.