HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

View from the enemy

Old
03-20-2008, 07:43 AM
AD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ13 View Post
I don't know what Julien said, but I can assure you the majority of Bruins board does not think that the Bruins lost by a slim margin, or because of their mistakes. Aside from a few predictable "blame it on the ref" types, most of us have fully acknowledged that the games have been embarrassing, and anything but close.

I'm sure you can cherry pick a quote or two that supports your contention, but your statement implies a board-wide consensus that does not exist.

What we do find puzzling is the teams' respective records against the rest of the league: Habs 34-24-10, Bruins 37-21-9. And no, I'm not suggesting that this indicates the Bruins are better (because right now they're not, and all the games count equally in the standings). But are they that much worse so as to explain the s***kicking that has been administered each and every time at the hands of the Habs?

Anyway, right now the Bruins are playing some pretty mediocre hockey, so if there's anything due, it just may be 0-7...
Hey hey hey... no way you get off that easy!!!

The Bruins are a great team. Who've gone through a lot of adversity this year and surprised many....

They're due. OK!! OK!!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm due to have sex with a girl on from this planet.
fixed

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
fixed
Oh, I already have, your girlfriend.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:

What we do find puzzling is the teams' respective records against the rest of the league: Habs 34-24-10, Bruins 37-21-9. And no, I'm not suggesting that this indicates the Bruins are better (because right now they're not, and all the games count equally in the standings). But are they that much worse so as to explain the s***kicking that has been administered each and every time at the hands of the Habs?
Sure the records on the season are ''close''...but since December 15th:

Boston: 19-16-6

Montreal: 24-13-5

Even if you take out the 2 Habs wins in January over Boston from those records, the Habs record since then is still 9 games over .500, while the Bruins one is 5 games over .500...

This date is important because it's basically when the Habs lineup added S. Kostitsyn and Gorges on a full time basis.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 12:15 PM
ThomasJ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Sure the records on the season are ''close''...but since December 15th:

Boston: 19-16-6

Montreal: 24-13-5

Even if you take out the 2 Habs wins in January over Boston from those records, the Habs record since then is still 9 games over .500, while the Bruins one is 5 games over .500...

This date is important because it's basically when the Habs lineup added S. Kostitsyn and Gorges on a full time basis.

That's fine - the Canadiens are clearly the better team right now, and I have braced myself for another a**wiping tonight. All I was saying is that I don't think the disparity in the two teams' records (before or after December) matches or explains the disparity between them when they play eachother. The Bruins have not played even close to their potential when playing the Habs. If all you've seen of the Bruins is them playing against the Habs, you must be wondering how they are not battling the Kings in the Stamkos sweepstakes.

Having said that, I don't know how often you have watched the Bruins lately (say the last 10 games), but for some reason they have been at best mediocre (squeaking out an overtime win), often just plain bad (losing in regulation), and sometimes horrendously pitiful (Washington/Toronto blow-outs). I've seen nothing which indicates that they will bring their A game tonight - if they even have one anymore.

Of course I hope they prove me wrong, and somehow rise up and spank the Habs.....but I've seen this movie too many times.

ThomasJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
That's fine - the Canadiens are clearly the better team right now, and I have braced myself for another a**wiping tonight. All I was saying is that I don't think the disparity in the two teams' records (before or after December) matches or explains the disparity between them when they play eachother. The Bruins have not played even close to their potential when playing the Habs. If all you've seen of the Bruins is them playing against the Habs, you must be wondering how they are not battling the Kings in the Stamkos sweepstakes.

Having said that, I don't know how often you have watched the Bruins lately (say the last 10 games), but for some reason they have been at best mediocre (squeaking out an overtime win), often just plain bad (losing in regulation), and sometimes horrendously pitiful (Washington/Toronto blow-outs). I've seen nothing which indicates that they will bring their A game tonight - if they even have one anymore.

Of course I hope they prove me wrong, and somehow rise up and spank the Habs.....but I've seen this movie too many times.
Should be titled under the same name as Carrol Quigley's historic novel... Tragedy and Hope!

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 12:23 PM
AD

Quote:

Nice try once again..

But we won't be foiled!

I assure you. Most Habs fans are extremely apprehensive about the upcoming two games. I know I am.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
That's fine - the Canadiens are clearly the better team right now, and I have braced myself for another a**wiping tonight. All I was saying is that I don't think the disparity in the two teams' records (before or after December) matches or explains the disparity between them when they play eachother. The Bruins have not played even close to their potential when playing the Habs. If all you've seen of the Bruins is them playing against the Habs, you must be wondering how they are not battling the Kings in the Stamkos sweepstakes.Having said that, I don't know how often you have watched the Bruins lately (say the last 10 games), but for some reason they have been at best mediocre (squeaking out an overtime win), often just plain bad (losing in regulation), and sometimes horrendously pitiful (Washington/Toronto blow-outs). I've seen nothing which indicates that they will bring their A game tonight - if they even have one anymore.

We know how you feel...Have you seen the Habs vs. the Sens?

417 is offline   Reply With Quote