HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Center Ice

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2008, 01:45 PM
  #1
Bruins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
NHL Center Ice

I just have a quick question about NHL Center Ice. Do they show a lot of Habs games? My wife wants me to get it (not like I have to be coaxed) because she is sick of me watching every Hab game on RDS, since neither of us speak french. I have a feeling that not a lot of Habs games are broadcast. Besides that, how do you like it? I like the fact that you get NBA and NFL as well, since I am a rabid basketball fan. Thanks.

Bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 01:49 PM
  #2
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,751
vCash: 500
Is it the Rogers/Cogeco Super Sports Pack?

If so, I just got it recently.

They also show college basketball, college football, ohl hockey, nascar, and mlb baseball.

I love it so far.. they don't so ALL habs games (I've got none yet in about a week and a bit).. but of course, I haven't been home every night to check. The St. Louis game was blacked out for some reason though, I'm not sure why.

However, even if you're not seeing all Habs games, the sports package is incredible. I love baseball, nhl, and i like nfl, nascar, and nba.. so I like it a lot. the ohl hockey is a bonus.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 01:49 PM
  #3
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 50
If you have RDS, you wont get the habs games on CI.
it tells you to watch the game on RDS.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
  #4
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
If you have RDS, you wont get the habs games on CI.
it tells you to watch the game on RDS.
Maybe that's why I don't get Habs games..

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 01:53 PM
  #5
Bruins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
No Habs games with RDS? That's too bad. I have Rogers cable by the way. I am going to get it anyway regardless.

Bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
  #6
dre2112
Registered User
 
dre2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: US and A
Country: United States
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Every Habs game has been on CI this season. Last season I think they missed out only 1 Habs game (the blowout in Ottawa)

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
  #7
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
Every Habs game has been on CI this season. Last season I think they missed out only 1 Habs game (the blowout in Ottawa)
That's not true, for sure.

I've noticed that the games aren't even listed when the game is on TSN (like tonight) or other mainstream channels.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 02:50 PM
  #8
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Maybe that's why I don't get Habs games..
you really didn't know that? all local games are blacked out, hence all my nyi, njd, nyr are blacked out on CI. Obviously not needing it cause i get their feeds.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 02:53 PM
  #9
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Maybe that's why I don't get Habs games..
You get Habs games on CI when there is an American feed (IE : the Habs play against the Rangers and MSG broadcast the game) or at least that's what i've noticed. I have RDS , TSN and CBC and i'm on Bell Express Vu.

Maybe Center Ice does broadcast all the Habs games for those who are out of market or don't have RDS hence why our American friend in this thread was able to watch them all.

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:00 PM
  #10
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
you really didn't know that? all local games are blacked out, hence all my nyi, njd, nyr are blacked out on CI. Obviously not needing it cause i get their feeds.
They want people to watch the local feeds since they pay the team for the games and get the ad revenue...

Don't wanna take ratings away from the local feed.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:02 PM
  #11
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Bottom line if you live in Montreal and don't have RDS, do not get CentreIce you won't watch any Habs games.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
  #12
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
Bottom line if you live in Montreal and don't have RDS, do not get CentreIce you won't watch any Habs games.
However if you are out of Montreal and you're not "blacked out" then Center Ice >>> RDS stream for a whole season.

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:06 PM
  #13
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st
 
Habsfan2992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
That's not true, for sure.

I've noticed that the games aren't even listed when the game is on TSN (like tonight) or other mainstream channels.
Oh but it is true my friend. 90% of the time there is nothing listed or if it is listed it is never on that channel BUT go one channel at a time and you'll find it. I have the cogeco package and have not missed one game this year not one!!! if you use Cogeco I find the game is usually on channel 457

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:07 PM
  #14
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
However if you are out of Montreal and you're not "blacked out" then Center Ice >>> RDS stream for a whole season.
yes.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:08 PM
  #15
hendextall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, ON
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
I'm in London, and Center Ice here has shown every Habs game this year that wasn't on TSN, or CBC. And only one game that I can recall was the RDS broadcast. The rest have all been the opposing teams broadcasts.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
  #16
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,153
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
Every Habs game has been on CI this season. Last season I think they missed out only 1 Habs game (the blowout in Ottawa)
CBC had that one,it was hockey day in Canada

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:15 PM
  #17
Master_Of_Districts
Registered User
 
Master_Of_Districts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Black Ruthenia
Country: Belarus
Posts: 1,745
vCash: 500
I live in Alberta and have both RDS and Center Ice, so I usually have the option of watching the Habs on more than one feed.

I usually watch the game on RDS, even though I don't speak French.

The reason for this is that the Center Ice feed has 'blips' -- a term I made up to describe the momentary pauses that occur every half minute or so. The feed is otherwise normal (not choppy), aside from the intermittent pauses. It doesn't happen all of the time, but when it does it's very irritating and prevents me from enjoying the game. I've concluded that it's a problem with center ice and not my cable box or provider because the problem only occurs on the centre ice channels -- it never occurs on any other channel. This is probably the main reason why I won't get center ice next year.

Master_Of_Districts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:44 PM
  #18
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
I had CI a few years ago and decided to not renew. I would rather watch RDS (even though I don't speak french very well, I only understand about 50% of what they say).

The reason I like RDS better, is because the picture quality compared to most of the US feeds seems much better. They all seem yellowed and fuzzy on CI. Also, the sound quality is much better. For whatever reason, the US likes to put very little volume from the game and dominate with the commentators voice. CBC, TSN and RDS all seem to have louder microphones at ice level, which gives a better experience IMO.

I also couldn't stand the homer commentators from the US. The odd one would be good but that was a rarity. Perhaps if I could understand what Pierre and Yvon were saying I would change my mind, since most of you seem to say that they are horrible.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:50 PM
  #19
winterblues
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Is it the Rogers/Cogeco Super Sports Pack?

If so, I just got it recently.

They also show college basketball, college football, ohl hockey, nascar, and mlb baseball.

I love it so far.. they don't so ALL habs games (I've got none yet in about a week and a bit).. but of course, I haven't been home every night to check. The St. Louis game was blacked out for some reason though, I'm not sure why.

However, even if you're not seeing all Habs games, the sports package is incredible. I love baseball, nhl, and i like nfl, nascar, and nba.. so I like it a lot. the ohl hockey is a bonus.
Ya the ssp is great.

winterblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
  #20
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,824
vCash: 500
Also depends on where your at...US or Canada. I get almost every game but I'm in Vermont. Only games I don't get (on Center Ice), are Vs, NESN (ugh), or NHL Network. But I have all three in my package so I get almost every game.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 04:03 PM
  #21
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
The reason I like RDS better, is because the picture quality compared to most of the US feeds seems much better. They all seem yellowed and fuzzy on CI. Also, the sound quality is much better. For whatever reason, the US likes to put very little volume from the game and dominate with the commentators voice. CBC, TSN and RDS all seem to have louder microphones at ice level, which gives a better experience IMO.
That i agree with

The feed on most U.S stations look like **** , almost blurry or something. TSN has the best pic quality and the best sound of all station imho. RDS is OK too but the colors on TSN are more vibrant and the sound is more "live".

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 04:07 PM
  #22
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Next season I'm getting Center Ice for sure. As I don't live in Montreal, I should get the majority of Habs games without having to resort to RDS.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
  #23
Le Slow Poke*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
I have had center ice for the last 2 years and opted out this year because they black out buffalo games. I live about 70 mins away from buffalo and there are very few Habs fans where I live so it was important to see them beat the Sabres while I had my freinds over.

It was a good service other than that.

Le Slow Poke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.