HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

WIN!!! - WCSF - Game 4 - St. Louis at Nashville - NSH Leads 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2017, 08:38 PM
INDhockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
We already have that in Watson. No need for McLeod.
You realize McLeod is the reason we got the PP that led to the Ellis goal. If the Blues are going to dress Reeves then we will dress McLeod.

Last edited by INDhockeyfan: 05-03-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old
05-03-2017, 08:57 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

Some folks are just hell bent to be negative even when this team is making history for itself. They must be awesome people to hang out with in real life.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:01 PM
tnvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub24 View Post
Some folks are just hell bent to be negative even when this team is making history for itself. They must be awesome people to hang out with in real life.
We could win the cup and people would argue about it.

Old
05-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Armourboy

Reeves has too be wary of McLeod, I don't think he'd give two ***** about Watson. In a fight Watson would get his butt handed to him against Reeves.

McLeod may not be the most skilled, buy for this series he is doing the job Lavi has him in there for pretty well. Watson even benefits from it because it allows him to make those hits with them knowing there is someone badder there too.

Old
05-03-2017, 10:04 PM
klt2001

The first series against the Black hawks our top forwards/forwards were lighting it up. This series against the Blues it was our defenseman and grinders scoring. For both series Rinne and our defense were stellar defensively and keeping the puck out of our net. Glad to know we are getting a bunch of our players contributing in one way or another to get a win. That's a good sign of a good team. IMO all our players have been important in some way or another. At this point I don't care who we ice just as long as we get the win (the only exception would be Vernon and Parenteau--I'm fine w/ icing Vernon on offense as he at least scored a timely goal that got us a win just not when we are on defense though because both he and Parenteau weren't playing well defensively and getting beaten badly by the Blues line and Parenteau seemed to really struggle scoring offensively--If both could have played much better defensively though I would have been okay w/ even them in the lineup).

Last edited by klt2001: 05-03-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old
05-03-2017, 10:14 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I don't think the series is over. That said I would be very surprised if we lost. Don't think STL is good enough this year to beat us three times in a row with the way the Preds are playing. Also, I'm not saying this as a personal attack on you or anybody else.

Now, the thing I'm sick and tired of is Preds fans telling other Preds fans how to enjoy this run. I think Preds fans (me included) are so used to bad things happening this time of year we think we might jinx it. That's bullcrap. The fans can think any way they want too. I guarantee the players aren't thinking the series is over. How us fans feel makes zero difference in the outcome of this game. If people want to enjoy it and get ahead of themselves let them. I know I'm enjoying. I'm counting on winning this series because I think the Preds are the better team. I'm enjoying all the accolades and kudos from the major media. Lots of us long time Preds have waited forever for this moment and yes I realize NOTHING has been achieved yet but let's not get in the habit of telling people how they should enjoy this run.

If you want to get ahead of yourself, pound your chest, get caught up in being the media darlings then have fun and do it. If you want to be more cautious then thats your perogative. None of us are on the team. Neither way is wrong.
100% spot on- agree completely. Fantastic post.........

Old
05-03-2017, 10:17 PM
GeniusSuperior

Greetings from an Avs fan. I was going to ask what some of you guys thought about McLeod, but the last two pages gave me a decent idea. Avs fans had mixed opinions on him too. Some, like me, just love the guy. Others hated him. I've heard he is a great locker room guy too.

Anyways, good luck to you guys, Preds are the team I'm rooting for most the rest of the way.

Old
05-03-2017, 10:22 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusSuperior View Post
Greetings from an Avs fan. I was going to ask what some of you guys thought about McLeod, but the last two pages gave me a decent idea. Avs fans had mixed opinions on him too. Some, like me, just love the guy. Others hated him. I've heard he is a great locker room guy too.

Anyways, good luck to you guys, Preds are the team I'm rooting for most the rest of the way.
Imo he has been a solid player and a better grinder w/ a scoring touch than what I would have expected. I'm glad he's on our team.

Old
05-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Imo he has been a solid player and a better grinder w/ a scoring touch than what I would have expected. I'm glad he's on our team.
Agreed. I think lots of people sell him short around here.

Old
05-03-2017, 10:31 PM
klt2001

We should be thankful we have the grinders we have on our team that stepped up in the playoffs cause if it wasn't for them and our defense we would be losing this series right now cause except for Neal's late goal the Blues pretty much shut down our top lines.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-04-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old
05-03-2017, 10:34 PM
klt2001

Now of course I probably wouldn't have our grinders in every game/round depending on the team we are playing and their style/type of play but for the Blues who play a tight heavy defensive game, I think playing our grinders/hitters was the right decision. Plus its not like we had much choice/options w/ some of our players being out/hurt like Smith and Fiala. I'm fine w/ having our grinders in as long as we are winning and it gives our speeders or better players time to rest from their injury as we will need them at 100% for further rounds. Now if we start losing a game or games in this series then I would change the lineup and put our more skilled or faster players back in. W/ the exception of maybe one or two players I have been overall pleased w/ all of our players' effort and the players we have played in the playoffs and each have contributed to our success in some form or fashion.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-04-2017 at 07:02 AM.
Old
05-03-2017, 11:08 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusSuperior View Post

What I'm happy about most is that McLeod didn't let Reeves get under his skin and suck him into fighting him and getting a penalty that would have hurt us. Instead he helped us get a PP from Reeves for trying to start crap w/ him which cost them the game....lol. Seems liked playoff McLeod has matured from regular season McLeod who if it was the regular season would have pummeled Reeves in a fight for the stuff he was doing last night which might have lead to them getting a PP and scoring on us. Seems like they were trying to rope a dope only for it to backfire in their face and them get the penalty and us scoring on them on the PP...lol

Last edited by klt2001: 05-03-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old
05-04-2017, 03:38 AM
sparkle twin
Here We Go

This team is playing amazing. As a TEAM in every aspect of the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
The guy next to me said "Now all we need to do is get Rinne his shutout". The Blues scored, I'm not kidding, 10 seconds later. Everyone in the immediate area turned and shook their heads at him. He felt great shame.
Little kid behind me (maybe 10 y/o) kept saying that "Pekka needed a shutout" after Neal made it 2-0. I couldn't exactly turn around and yell at him to stop saying that word. Blues scored a couple minutes later. (While I was thinking about yelling at this kid to shut up, I started to wonder, does Pekka have a shutout in the playoffs? *sigh* )

That kid also asked his Dad about going to St. Louis for Game 5 and his dad said they could go if the Preds won Game 4. As soon as the game was over the kid and his sister were all screaming, "Preds win, Dad said we can go to St. Louis for game 5!!!"

Old
05-04-2017, 06:09 AM
klt2001

The series isn't over yet. Listening to their post interview, Blues liked their effort in this last game just not the result but will be coming out even harder next game then they did in the last game. Blues realize they need to be better/score on their PP and stay out of the box. They also plan on testing Rinne more and going even harder at him and making it difficult for him and plan on trying to score the first goal. They realize we will be trying to close this game out and they plan on making it difficult and battling harder every shift and putting more pucks and traffic on net and finishing on their chances better. Blues aren't going to go away quietly. Next game will be a hard tough fought game.

Feel whoever scores the first goal will be key. Our guys will need to come out with their best effort yet from start to finish and battle hard every shift to get a win and for everybody on the team to step up and capitalize on their chances. Time to finish this team off and don't give them a chance back into this series. Guys haven't done anything yet until they get that last win. Going to have to go take it. No time for any passengers in this game. Give Blues an inch and they will take it. Here is your chance Preds to finally get pass the second round. Just find a way to win. Learn from the past and don't let this opportunity go by you this year. Put your foot on the pedal and don't look back.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-04-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old
05-04-2017, 07:17 AM
LCPreds

I mean at this point if we lose the series I could consider it one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of sporting events involving teams I care about.

With that said, I don't expect said choke job to occur. This team is just playing too well and appear to have that "it" factor at the moment. Things could change in the next round but right now I have full confidence we will at least have a crack at hanging a banner.

Old
05-04-2017, 08:04 AM
klt2001

If the Preds keep on putting the effort they have been and battling like they have, I like our chances. If they slack off for any period, then it's still anybody's game.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-04-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Old
05-04-2017, 08:15 AM
GoldOnGold

I was scared right up to the end last series that the Blackhawks would come back and begin an improbable reverse sweep. I'm not counting any chickens until they're securely hatching in the WCF.

Old
05-04-2017, 08:28 AM
ThirdManIn
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Reeves has too be wary of McLeod, I don't think he'd give two ***** about Watson. In a fight Watson would get his butt handed to him against Reeves.

McLeod may not be the most skilled, buy for this series he is doing the job Lavi has him in there for pretty well. Watson even benefits from it because it allows him to make those hits with them knowing there is someone badder there too.
There are those who said McLeod wants no part of Reaves. I mentioned how it looked like McLeod was trying to goad Reaves into a penalty, something for which one fan told me Reaves was too smart to fall. Oops.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Old
05-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Legionnaire11
Go Vegan

I almost like that all of the games have been close. It's working for the Preds, and I think if the Blues feel good about their effort and all that despite the losses, they are less likely to make any significant changes. I'm confident that if things remain they way they have been, that the Predators will win one of the last three.

Of course really they need to win one of the next two. If the Blues can tie the series, then Game 7 is a toss up at best, but probably in the Blues favor with momentum and home ice.

Old
05-04-2017, 01:09 PM
jumb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
There are those who said McLeod wants no part of Reaves. I mentioned how it looked like McLeod was trying to goad Reaves into a penalty, something for which one fan told me Reaves was too smart to fall. Oops.

I don't think that he "wants no part of him" but more so that his role is to agitate and instigate Reaves (or anyone else) into taking penalties without crossing the line and actually fighting.

That being said I will be surprised if they don't finally get it on before this series is over.

Would be sweet if we take a big lead Friday night and McLeod finally lets loose and puts him on his ass

Old
05-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldOnGold View Post
I was scared right up to the end last series that the Blackhawks would come back and begin an improbable reverse sweep. I'm not counting any chickens until they're securely hatching in the WCF.
I'm generally in the same boat, but at least for this playoffs it seems the team learned it's lesson from last season, which was that you can never let your foot off the gas. I think the guys know they will come out hard, especially playing at home, and I suspect they will come out just as hard.

Really this game is like so many others, keep them off the board for the first 5-10 minutes and get one of your own.

Old
05-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I'm generally in the same boat, but at least for this playoffs it seems the team learned it's lesson from last season, which was that you can never let your foot off the gas. I think the guys know they will come out hard, especially playing at home, and I suspect they will come out just as hard.

Really this game is like so many others, keep them off the board for the first 5-10 minutes and get one of your own.
Lavy has won a Cup. I guarantee you he has the respect of the locker room as far as following what he tells them to do. He's gotten it done. Add that to the confidence we've got right now and I do think we're sitting pretty right now but I'm not calling it over yet.

Old
05-04-2017, 10:28 PM
klt2001

https://www.nhl.com/news/desperate-b...?tid=287346002

Old
05-04-2017, 10:35 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Nothing gives me more hope than seeing lil Miley Yeo trying to put his fingerprints on the team by pulling **** like this. **** that guy in his substitute teachers' face.

Old
05-04-2017, 10:38 PM
klt2001

https://www.nhl.com/predators/video/...416/c-51826403

Closed Thread