HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I hope Thomas gets a suspension.

Old
03-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Habsfan 32

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
A 2 minute high sticking penalty would of been the proper call on this one since players are supposed to have control of their sticks at all time. Thomas had control of his stick and smacked it on Andrei's face but it was a love tap more then anything. No suspension for sure.

Habsfan 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:08 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
It's called countering your weight. When you lose your balance while falling backwards (which he was), your natural reaction is to throw your arms forward to prevent it. His stick happened to hit him in the head. It's an accident, get over it.

-Rick

-Mitchell

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan 32 View Post
A 2 minute high sticking penalty would of been the proper call on this one since players are supposed to have control of their sticks at all time. Thomas had control of his stick and smacked it on Andrei's face but it was a love tap more then anything. No suspension for sure.

Your supposed to Punnish the Intent not the result

Look what happened to Perezhogin in the AHL... If he misses that guy he gets nothing and they both move on. He hits him in the face dude gets really hurt...oh he's badly injured he needs a big suspension. That kind of attitude is retarded. That's why the NHL is a joke (and the AHL)

Intent to Injure should be a grave offense. I mean what if he had taken out his eye? Well We'd all be crying right now over Andrei's career and what could have been with his brother. Didn't we go Ape ****, when that Punk from Carolina took out our captain's eye? And his was less intentional!!

It's all about the intent...not the result. Otherwise you never make them change.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-21-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:12 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
Your supposed to Punnish the Intent not the result

Look what happened to Perezhogin in the AHL... If he misses that guy he gets nothing and they both move on. He hits him in the face dude gets really hurt...oh he's badly injured he needs a big suspension. That kind of attitude is retarded. That's why the NHL is a joke (and the AHL)

Intent to Injure should be a grave offense. I mean what if he had taken out his eye? Well We'd all be crying right now over Andrei's career and what could have been with his brother. Didn't we go Ape ****, when that Punk from Carolina took out our captain's eye? And his was less intentional!!

It's all about the intent...not the result. Otherwise you never make them change.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is exactly what I said

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Williams's highstick wasn't intentional at all.
But i agree for the rest, incredibly ridiculous Thomas didn't get anything on that.

The refereeing has gotten so bad in the past years, its beyond pathetic.
Colin Campbell should get fired, might as well throw Gary Bettman in there too..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:29 AM
anarmandaleb

I'm not sure about this one. He was flailing about like a loon trying to get balanced and I think he just took up the opportunity to flail in the direction of Andrei's face. The intent was brought on by the opportunity, if that makes sense at all. It's not like he chased him up and down the ice to hit him or ended his career.
I would say that definitely deserved a penalty, but not a suspension.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Habbadasher

Goalie sticks are heavy, and therefore, moe dangerous. I was a bit surprised there was no call. But all is well that ends well.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:12 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I'm not sure about this one. He was flailing about like a loon trying to get balanced and I think he just took up the opportunity to flail in the direction of Andrei's face. The intent was brought on by the opportunity, if that makes sense at all. It's not like he chased him up and down the ice to hit him or ended his career.
I would say that definitely deserved a penalty, but not a suspension.
Dont get fooled by the off balanced move, he knew exactly what he was doing.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
I doubt it even hurt Andrei
so? Seems like you should go work for the league. If someone gets hit from behind and is out all season it's a 20 game suspension, but if the player gets up right away he only gets a 2 min.

So next time someone tries to shoot another in the street and MISSES, we'll just ask him nicely not to do it again.

Punish the action, not the result. Hitting someone in the FACE with a goaltender's stick should be a suspension.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Istvan

Reviewed the play a few times. imo it's worthy of a suspension. definitely intentional and that off balance thing is a joke. Of course the non call on goaltender interference was also a joke. KF is a joke

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:49 AM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
I would have to watch the the play again, I didn't see anything the first time around.

Mitchell

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:03 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
It's called countering your weight. When you lose your balance while falling backwards (which he was), your natural reaction is to throw your arms forward to prevent it. His stick happened to hit him in the head. It's an accident, get over it.

-Rick
And Kosty tried to interfere with that "natural reaction" with his face

Kosty

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

should have been a penalty, but nothing else

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Doctor House

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I didn't see the play but was it suspension worthy?
Nope, not even close.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
HabstuckinTO

Not worthy of suspension - let's just drop it. For those few that think it was unintentional, I question whether you've ever played the game. Similar to Wade Belak's 2-hander a few years ago. No one other than delusional Leaf fans tried to defend that. Bryan McCabe's defense of it made him seem stupider than he already is.

HabstuckinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 02:15 PM
mcphee

I suspect the youngster's self importance is such that the fact you were referring to KERRY FRASER is lost. Get it, KERRY FRASER, not Komisarek-Freak.

Istvan, who's going to care for us in our old age ?

Oh and I disagree. I thought it was shot taken out of frustration that could have connected but didn't, but it should have been penalized. I'm not sure if Fraser saw it, or thought AK buzzed the net, but when you let that go, the other stuff starts .

I know it was swing to the head, but it's one that they can let slide,imo, comsider that no damage was done, goalie thought he was ran, weak excuses but I think you can't deal with everything. If anyone gets suspended, Fraser would make the most sense because it was there for him to see.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-21-2008 at 05:24 PM.
mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 02:18 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I suspect the ypoungster's self importance is such that the fact you were referring to KERRY FRASER is lost. Get it, KERRY FRASER, not Komisarek-Freak.

Ohhhh I see what happend here.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I suspect the ypoungster's self importance is such that the fact you were referring to KERRY FRASER is lost. Get it, KERRY FRASER, not Komisarek-Freak.

I was hoping my kids would look after me but they can't help me on these boards because [ gasp] they're not hockey fans. McPhee, I'm game to come to your defence, as needed, and at any time that I am sober and verging on coherent. There may be delays in the timeliness of aforementioned defence if I need to tend to a soggy adult diaper first.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
the goalie man 31

it was intentional, not suspension worthy all those who said it wasn't even a penalty go buy glasses because that was definitely a high stick case closed

the goalie man 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 03:31 PM
StanleyCH25

As someone else pointed out, I think Thomas was just being opportunistic. He was slightly off balance and used that as an excuse to justify the lack of control on his stick to send a tap Kostitsyn's way. It doesn't mean that it shouldn't be penalized but it wasn't a full out swing either. I think it was mostly frustration being let out and hopefully he'll keep his emotions (and hockey stick) in check next time. I was actually a bit more pissed when I saw the run-in with Price that lead to a goal by the B's.

StanleyCH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 07:09 PM
chitownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
The worst part is that Kost was pushed into Thomas by a Bruin, then that piece of **** Thomas tapped him in the face with the pallet of his stick.

It was more intentional than anything and deserved a penalty. I dont know what that moron Fraser was thinking..
Fraser thinks??

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Inmate4

The only suspension that should come from that play is Fraser. Any NHL referee who has obvious vision problems (one replay actually is shown from behind Fraser) and can't see a goalie stick applied to the face of an opponent is over the hill and should be put to pasture.

Inmate4 is offline   Reply With Quote