HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

fights in the stairs at banknorth arena

Old
03-21-2008, 07:02 AM
jesus price

vCash: 500
fights in the stairs at banknorth arena

after the game, the losing boston fans jumped two guys on the way down the stairs from the balcony area seats. so many habs fans u could just see red all around the arena. it was really fun time until the end of the game when the boston fans were all upset. i liked the arena though, more elbow room than the bell center but the bruins highlights in between play stoppages is insanely irritating!!

jesus price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Fredi28

what'd you expect, habs highlights? it is boston bud. 0-7, man you guys got our number though and kovalev can just dominate a game when he wants to. being a bruins fan can sure be frusterating at times, and especially in a season when you legitimately can not beat the Habs! Good game again for you guys, i wish we could just skip saturday nights game because I fear what the final score will be...

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredi28 View Post
...Good game again for you guys, i wish we could just skip saturday nights game because I fear what the final score will be...
Hey, we're helping you by letting Komisarek recover from his 'lower a**' injury. Should be a closer game!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Fredi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Hey, we're helping you by letting Komisarek recover from his 'lower a**' injury. Should be a closer game!
haha, well as much as I hope your right, the season series...or i guess i should say the last 10 games have taught me that there really isn't much hope against you guys at the moment. At least we only lost by 2 last night though, right

I just hope we keep it respectable tomorrow night and don't get embarrassed for the 4th straight time at the Bell Centre.

Old
03-21-2008, 08:53 AM
LidstrOrrm*

I sure hope you weren't expecting to feel welcomed... go sit in the Yankee Stadium's bleachers with a Sox shirt... search youtube for bleachers creatures

LidstrOrrm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
I just hope we keep it respectable tomorrow night and don't get embarrassed for the 4th straight time at the Bell Centre.
Actually i need you guys to win so that i can collect on a bet, but i want the streak to go on too... i'm torn..

Old
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Atlantic Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus price View Post
after the game, the losing boston fans jumped two guys on the way down the stairs from the balcony area seats. so many habs fans u could just see red all around the arena. it was really fun time until the end of the game when the boston fans were all upset. i liked the arena though, more elbow room than the bell center but the bruins highlights in between play stoppages is insanely irritating!!
Same thing happened to a friend of mine in montreal a couple weeks ago. The only thing is they put him in the hospital for a few days. I don't care who you are or what team you hope for there's no reason in anybodys right mind to what these two cowards did to my friend.

Atlantic Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Fredi28

Believe me, your not the only one who needs them to win. For my sanity, i need them to win. One of my roomates is a habs fan, if i have to sit there and watch another B's loss with him while he gloats wearing his Higgin's jersey, I am going to flip out.

I think you should just rest the Kovalev/Pleks/A.Kost line tomorrow night too, you need them fresh for the playoffs anyways...

Old
03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Actually i need you guys to win so that i can collect on a bet, but i want the streak to go on too... i'm torn..
Unless the bet is for your life it should not matter.
Just make another counter bet to hedge your losses.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Giant View Post
Same thing happened to a friend of mine in montreal a couple weeks ago. The only thing is they put him in the hospital for a few days. I don't care who you are or what team you hope for there's no reason in anybodys right mind to what these two cowards did to my friend.
Hate that kind of stuff. Sad.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Fredi28
I think you should just rest the Kovalev/Pleks/A.Kost line tomorrow night too, you need them fresh for the playoffs anyways...
Thank you for being so nice and thinking about our players health.
I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion to Guy Carbonneau..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Unless the bet is for your life it should not matter.
Just make another counter bet to hedge your losses.
I already have!!

Old
03-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
You shouldn't be torn.

There is only one choice for what to cheer for.

The Habs win and you lose your avatar bet like a man.... end of story.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fredi28

[QUOTE=Ice Poutine;13198292]Thank you for being so nice and thinking about our players health.
I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion to Guy Carbonneau..

Of course, just trying to think logically. Let Guy know it'd be in his best interest, thanks. Alright, before i gain the reputation of a troll, i think i will retreat back to my own board and continue to argue about whether or not the B's will still be able to limp into the playoffs.

Old
jesus price

some montreal fans tend to over celebrate outside at the end of the game as well. borderline taunting. its all in good fun. but some people like to take it to other levels. i loved boston though as a city, its beeeee-u-ti-ful. how ugly are the american girls though. cant beat montreal!!! oh yeah . cant even go outside to smoke a cigarette either at banknorth fleet whatever.., that sucked so we smoked in the stairs illegal

Old
03-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Fighting between fans after a game is bad, though it shows how much hatred there is.

At the very most, there should be some words spoken, like 'see you Saturday..." haha

I hope it's another thrilling game

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 09:40 AM
anarmandaleb

Quote:

Of course, just trying to think logically. Let Guy know it'd be in his best interest, thanks. Alright, before i gain the reputation of a troll, i think i will retreat back to my own board and continue to argue about whether or not the B's will still be able to limp into the playoffs.
I like this Bruins fan. Why aren't all the others like him?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

These Bruins fans needed their moral victory as well i guess.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:03 AM
jesus price

dont ever take the cheeze fries at the game in boston. fries with nacho cheeze.

Old
03-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Fighting over a sports event really shows how lame some people are.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:16 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiggs View Post
Fighting over a sports event really shows how lame some people are.
Its not so bad here in North America. I wear my Habs jersey in downtown Vancouver and do get some jeers directed my way. However, I do not fear for my safety. It sucks to hear what happened to out fellow Habfans in Boston last night. I think the fact that we have beaten them 10 times in a row has something to do with it.

If you want sports violence that is truly lame than you should look no further than football in Europe. There are numerous fights before the games between fans, during the games, and after. The massacre of Italian supporters by Liverpool fans in 1986 was the nadir of these altercations. 39 spectators died. Moreover, there has even been violent conduct directed towards the players on the field. These events are why in Italy there are many games played with season ticket holders only in attendance, which means a stadium that could be only half full.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
Its not so bad here in North America. I wear my Habs jersey in downtown Vancouver and do get some jeers directed my way. However, I do not fear for my safety. It sucks to hear what happened to out fellow Habfans in Boston last night. I think the fact that we have beaten them 10 times in a row has something to do with it.

If you want sports violence that is truly lame than you should look no further than football in Europe. There are numerous fights before the games between fans, during the games, and after. The massacre of Italian supporters by Liverpool fans in 1986 was the nadir of these altercations. 39 spectators died. Moreover, there has even been violent conduct directed towards the players on the field. These events are why in Italy there are many games played with season ticket holders only in attendance, which means a stadium that could be only half full.
That was absolutely horrible, English club officials really cleaned up thier act after that incident and the five year Champions league ban though. Hopefully round 2 of Man United vs Roma will be better policed than last year.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:32 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiggs View Post
That was absolutely horrible, English club officials really cleaned up thier act after that incident and the five year Champions league ban though. Hopefully round 2 of Man United vs Roma will be better policed than last year.
It would be nice to hear about a football match in Europe without the altercations we so readily see on a weekly basis.

I was watching a program on GolTV or Fox Sports World and it said that this year's Euro Championship will be the calmest ever because of no teams from the United Kingdom participating .

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Pascal

I might "hate" the Ruins but there's no way I'd beat up on one of their fans just for their sport affiliation. Only total idiots do that. I hope they go to jail for a couple of days.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Peter6625

Well I' am sorry to hear that some Bruins fans have to act like jerks. I've been on both sides of the issue. We all go to the games to route for our team, and have a little fun. There are some losers that don't even know anything about there team and go to cause trouble. You cannot justify fighting over a sport. That crap happens in every city and its got to stop. The Bruins only let you get one beer per customer last night. I know when I was in Montreal I got treated with respect. Here most of you guys drove all the way down from Quebec to get treated like crap, its just disrespectful and wrong.

Peter6625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:11 AM
korky00

I hate when these things happens...last time that I went to see a Bruins/Habs fans I met Bruins fans in a bar after the game and we really had a great time! Of course there was a bit of taunting but nothing more then that!

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote