HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

fights in the stairs at banknorth arena

Old
03-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Peter6625

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by korky00 View Post
I hate when these things happens...last time that I went to see a Bruins/Habs fans I met Bruins fans in a bar after the game and we really had a great time! Of course there was a bit of taunting but nothing more then that!
I have no problem with taunting a person, but you got to know where to draw the line. I went to a Boston College game this year and a student was taunting an elderly Florida State fan. Screaming in the poor guys face finally I went over told him to stop and he didnt. I ended up grabbing him and tossing him away from the elderly guy. I had the whole Florida State section cheering for me. It just goes to show you how ignorant people can be. I few morons have to ruin it for the real true fans.

Peter6625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:38 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus price View Post
after the game, the losing boston fans jumped two guys on the way down the stairs from the balcony area seats. so many habs fans u could just see red all around the arena. it was really fun time until the end of the game when the boston fans were all upset. i liked the arena though, more elbow room than the bell center but the bruins highlights in between play stoppages is insanely irritating!!
I remember, last time I went to boston to see a game... the only thing that prevented a rampage after the game, was the fact the habs had lost the game....

it was the game that cursed the rest of the season last year, dec 23rd, 2006 @ boston.

We are way more respectfull (habs fans) than boston and toronto fans... the bell center is a place where everybody feels they're welcome....

I was there with my 5 closest and best friends...all diehard habs fans... wearing jerseys and stuff , russian army caps , t-shirts with pictures of dead bears, ect... you know how it is...

We started an ''ole ole ole ole'' .... and boston fans responded with ... '' U! S! A! , U! S! A! ''

everybody was yelling at us... It felt really nice to be the target of bear lovers, but then when the game ended ... it was over, I mean, we all wanted to go at our hotel... we were raging... but we didn't want to start anything...

we got pushed arround a bit, we almost didn't have a choice.... not all of my friends would have liked to be involved in a fight... Its by the grace of god we actually found a bunch of other habs fans... we were 10, 20 people walking out together, but I don't want to know what could have happened there if we would have been stuck in the middle of that yellow crowd again...

If habs would have won... I guess I would have expected such an approach from boston fans... but we lost... so it all caught us by surprise a bit...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:40 AM
anarmandaleb

That's just it. It's always a few morons or even just one moron, but then the fans of a visiting team that get beaten up on or harassed go home with a bad taste in their mouths. It's like if you visit the Bell Centre and 21272 fans are respectful but that one fan punches you in the face just for showing up in a Bruins jersey. Kinda messes up game/weekend/trip for you and you're not exactly gonna go home saying "OMG the Habs fans are so awesome."

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I was at the game in the famous 328 Section... i've never experienced something like what happened last night in Boston (in a good way and some bad)... I will make a thread with pics and videos this afternoon and will try to explain the atmosphere there... it was hell.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Corey

There would be a lot fewer visiting team fans in the stands if the Bruins became a powerhouse again. Or maybe the red jerseys in Boston reflected the growing strength of the Canadian dollar against the weakening Bush dollar.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Fredi28

I am sorry that you experienced any torment at the game, i for one hate it when some dumb, drunken fans have to take things to far. It can happen in any stadium, but when I hear about it in my own it makes me sick because I would never want to be associate with classless people like that. Good natured taunting and chanting is one thing, but the few morons who think they need to take it to a physical level really need to take a step back and think about what the heck they are doing.

I have never actually experienced something like this as I haven't takin in a B's game in an opposing building. The only away game I've been to was a sox game out in Anaheim, but that was basically a home game for the Sox with all the Boston fans. I was at the first Habs/B's game at the garden earlier this year though, went with my roomate whos a habs fan, so i wore my Chara jersey and he had his Higgins jersey on and I got some crap from fans for being with him. It didn't escalate too much because my roomate and I were good sports about it but these guys were truly jerks. Anyways, enough rambling. Just wish people could cheer on their teams without the threat of physical violence.

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 12:11 PM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
meat heads is all they are.

YOUTH OF HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 12:18 PM
oli500

bruins fan have no reason to jump hab fans or any fans as a matter of fact. I find it funny when boston fans whine that there are to many hab fans in there arena. Every time I go to a ball game in toronto red sox fans just take over the roger center. They drop beer on your head and I got hit behind the head once when there team hit a home run. The guy jump when they hit a home run and accendently hit me. I sometimes want to pick a fight but I control myself. When you go to these kind of games you have to put up with that. Teams like the habs, the red sox, the maple leafs or the yankees are part of history and when you go to there games even if its in your building you cant let there fans get to you.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 12:35 PM
peicurler91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredi28 View Post
what'd you expect, habs highlights? it is boston bud. 0-7, man you guys got our number though and kovalev can just dominate a game when he wants to. being a bruins fan can sure be frusterating at times, and especially in a season when you legitimately can not beat the Habs! Good game again for you guys, i wish we could just skip saturday nights game because I fear what the final score will be...
I agree with that I am a PEI Rocket fan, at least Boston has the Sox and Pats, oh throw in the Celtics now. All in all I personally see 2007-2008 as a really good sports year for Boston, It sucks that the Pats lost the Superbowl. I don't care what the toothless wonder thinks THE GIANTS DID NOT STOMP OUT THE PATS! It was a touchdown with 30 seconds left not exactly a stomp out.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
bruins fan have no reason to jump hab fans or any fans as a matter of fact. I find it funny when boston fans whine that there are to many hab fans in there arena. Every time I go to a ball game in toronto red sox fans just take over the roger center. They drop beer on your head and I got hit behind the head once when there team hit a home run. The guy jump when they hit a home run and accendently hit me. I sometimes want to pick a fight but I control myself. When you go to these kind of games you have to put up with that. Teams like the habs, the red sox, the maple leafs or the yankees are part of history and when you go to there games even if its in your building you cant let there fans get to you.
Visiting arenas or ballparks for road games makes the game a lot more fun, although some fans can be very cruel, I went to the Red Sox no hitter and before the game 4 or 5 Sox fans were being very mean to an Orioles fan. (I am a Red Sox fan) but a Yankees fan should be able to go to Fenway and enjoy themselves and have a good time and not worry about having the crap beaten out of them by angry Sox fans. In the 2003-2004 season the PEI Rocket lost at home in game 6 vs the Moncton Wildcats, one of the leagues biggest rivals. Want to know what I saw 2 rows below me? A Rocket fan shaking hands with a Wildcats fan and wishing them good luck in the rest of the playoffs, and this was RIGHT AFTER OUR TEAM WAS PUT OUT! If that isn't fan-sportsmanship than I don't know what is.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-21-2008 at 04:35 PM.
peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Fredi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonneaufan44 View Post
I agree with that I am a PEI Rocket fan, at least Boston has the Sox and Pats, oh throw in the Celtics now. All in all I personally see 2007-2008 as a really good sports year for Boston, It sucks that the Pats lost the Superbowl. I don't care what the toothless wonder thinks THE GIANTS DID NOT STOMP OUT THE PATS! It was a touchdown with 30 seconds left not exactly a stomp out.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.
Your right about that, Boston certainly is a great sports city overall. For me, it's great since I am also a Pats and Sox fan, however I am a hockey fan first and a die hard B's fan, so it's tough to be a B's fan in a city where they are almost meaningless at times. I want a cup way before I want a superbowl, or Sox of Celts championship, obviously who knows if/when that will ever happen.

Quote:
Visiting arenas or ballparks for road games makes the game a lot more fun, although some fans can be very cruel, I went to the Red Sox no hitter and before the game 4 or 5 Sox fans were being very mean to an Orioles fan. (I am a Red Sox fan) but a Yankees fan should be able to go to Fenway and enjoy themselves and have a good time and not worry about having the crap beaten out of them by angry Sox fans. In the 2003-2004 season the PEI Rocket lost at home in game 6 vs the Moncton Wildcats, one of the leagues biggest rivals. Want to know what I saw 2 rows below me? A Rocket fan shaking hands with a Wildcats fan and wishing them good luck in the rest of the playoffs, and this was RIGHT AFTER OUR TEAM WAS PUT OUT! If that isn't fan-sportsmanship than I don't know what is.
I'm with you, I am a big, big supporter of sportsmanship. I've been to a number of B's-Habs fans and have had many a conversation with Habs fans who I may be sitting near. I'm not one to get malicious or nasty, I will never cheer on the Habs but I am a believer of sportsmanship for sure. I actually went to a Yankees-Red Sox game two summers ago, my first time seeing that rivalry live, and my girl and I sat next to a Yanks fan and his son, and they were really nice guys. We chatted the entire game. It was refreshing.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-21-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old
03-21-2008, 01:01 PM
peicurler91

Quote:
I'm with you, I am a big, big supporter of sportsmanship. I've been to a number of B's-Habs fans and have had many a conversation with Habs fans who I may be sitting near. I'm not one to get malicious or nasty, I will never cheer on the Habs but I am a believer of sportsmanship for sure. I actually went to a Yankees-Red Sox game two summers ago, my first time seeing that rivalry live, and my girl and I sat next to a Yanks fan and his son, and they were really nice guys. We chatted the entire game. It was refreshing.
Although the shirts you get in Boston like the Yankees Suck or Yankee Haters to me are all in good fun, I have never been to NY but I am pretty sure they have Red Sox Suck tee shirts as well. Sports need rivalries but some fans can get overboard with the rivalry.

Old
03-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Fredi28

Quote:
Although the shirts you get in Boston like the Yankees Suck or Yankee Haters to me are all in good fun, I have never been to NY but I am pretty sure they have Red Sox Suck tee shirts as well. Sports need rivalries but some fans can get overboard with the rivalry.
Agreed 100%...sports need rivalries, great rivalries like the Habs/Bruins and the Yankees/Red Sox make sports a lot of fun and really intense. The t-shirts that you mentioned, IMO, are all in good fun and I'm sure most sports cities across the country have t-shirts in this fashion. I think that rivalries are able to exist and coincide with civility, I mean look at us, after extending it to 10 consecutive wins against my B's, we can still have a civil conversation! That's how it should be.

Old
03-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Just like some Habs fans insulted US troops acording to some poster on the Bruins boards. There's stupid people on both sides.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:11 PM
peicurler91

Quote:
Agreed 100%...sports need rivalries, great rivalries like the Habs/Bruins and the Yankees/Red Sox make sports a lot of fun and really intense. The t-shirts that you mentioned, IMO, are all in good fun and I'm sure most sports cities across the country have t-shirts in this fashion. I think that rivalries are able to exist and coincide with civility, I mean look at us, after extending it to 10 consecutive wins against my B's, we can still have a civil conversation! That's how it should be.
Exactly however in the most civilized of place's (England) they have riots at soccer games, I see that and think WTF? what was the point of having a riot teams and fans should be able to take a loss even if it was from a bad call from a ref, if you look back in time a Bruins cup win or a Habs cup win was probably decided by a missed call or a really bad "made" call. I should never have rubbed it in the faces of some Bruins fans and I truely feel bad for it I have done it last year in a QMJHL game when the PEI Rocket beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 12-2 and 11-5 (second one being in SJ). I was truly classless and I made the entire Rocket fanbase look like scum, I will take the rude comments recieved by some Bruins fans as a learning experience.

Old
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I was reading a SI article the other day. It was about behaviour at NCAA games, examples were given how the families of kids who chose to play at a rival school were treated to idiotic spoiled college kids screaming obscenties at them.

It's what I was driving at before, fans feel more ownership at evenets now, and have no idea about what's over the line. I'm not saying that a majority behaves this way, but 1% is too much.

You have to realize afterwards that you're a bit more overall than a sports fan.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Fredi28

Quote:
Exactly however in the most civilized of place's (England) they have riots at soccer games, I see that and think WTF? what was the point of having a riot teams and fans should be able to take a loss even if it was from a bad call from a ref, if you look back in time a Bruins cup win or a Habs cup win was probably decided by a missed call or a really bad "made" call. I should never have rubbed it in the faces of some Bruins fans and I truely feel bad for it I have done it last year in a QMJHL game when the PEI Rocket beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 12-2 and 11-5 (second one being in SJ). I was truly classless and I made the entire Rocket fanbase look like scum, I will take the rude comments recieved by some Bruins fans as a learning experience.
I think we've all had our moments, and the important thing is that you learn from all of the experiences and stories you hear and learn to take the high road. That's really my approach. I'm the type of person who will sit through a B's loss to the Canadiens, and then go buy my roomate a bear in celebration. As much as the loss stings, life does go on. Hey, as Im used to saying from by now from all the years of torment, theres always next year.

Old
03-21-2008, 01:22 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I think we've all had our moments, and the important thing is that you learn from all of the experiences and stories you hear and learn to take the high road. That's really my approach. I'm the type of person who will sit through a B's loss to the Canadiens, and then go buy my roomate a bear in celebration. As much as the loss stings, life does go on. Hey, as Im used to saying from by now from all the years of torment, theres always next year.
I think I'd rather the punch in the head than a bear. They can be difficult to deal with.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:27 PM
peicurler91

Quote:
I play sports too I play Curling, my team has had some blow out games like 16-4 but then in turn we have also lost games 14-0 or 16-1, I never rub a blow out win in someones face because I know from experience it hurts a lot, we actually played half a game and won 15-0, instead of saying good game I was saying "sorry about letting this get out of hand", (In curling after games you shake hands), the team we played could have been like some people we played (will not mention any names) and just leave but they helped us put the rocks away and they laughed the embarassment off, they also looked at the bright side by saying "at least it was now and not in a major tournament". Curling is a sport where players are either full of class or completly classless, and like baseball you can lose to Russ Howard 20-0 and the next time you play him you could beat him 10-1. Try to find the 2007 Briar finals Brad Gushue vs Glen Howard, Brad knew he was going to lose the game (coming close to the end of it btw), so he did something pretty funny and he kicked his rocks that were knocked out back into the house (rings) to make it look like he had a chance to win the game, never met the man but I heard he is a class act guy.

Quote:
That used to be the PEI Rocket except now we will be saying in the next 2 years it's our turn.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-21-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old
03-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Fredi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think I'd rather the punch in the head than a bear. They can be difficult to deal with.
haha the losses are starting to mess with my brain!

Old
03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Actually i need you guys to win so that i can collect on a bet, but i want the streak to go on too... i'm torn..

Its gonna be nice when the habs win

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 03:17 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I might "hate" the Ruins but there's no way I'd beat up on one of their fans just for their sport affiliation. Only total idiots do that. I hope they go to jail for a couple of days.
Even they don't do that. They'd rather cheer for the Maple Leafs instead.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 03:59 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
They don't. Yankees fans have ignored the Sox and their fans for decades now. Up until the Sox recent string of success, the inferiority complex suffered by Red Sox fans was AMAZING.

They were obsessed with the Yankees and their fans, while neither gave a damn about the Sox.

I always thought the "Yankees Suck" cheer when they had owned the Sox for 7-8 years, won multiple WS, and been a great team was one of the stupidest cheers in all of sports.

As you can tell, despite being a Bostonian, I am no fan or the Sox or baseball.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Not to self: NEVER go to a game in Boston.

I have too much of short temper for these kinds of things. I was at the home opener against Ottawa last year when Ott won in a shootout. I was raging inside so bad that I had to hold myself back from jumping two gloating sens fans.

If I was a Bruins fan yesterday at the game, I dont know man, **** probably would have happened. Its not by choice, trust I'd never want to harm anyone just like that. But sometimes you just cant hold it back.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 05:24 PM
jesus price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Not to self: NEVER go to a game in Boston.

I have too much of short temper for these kinds of things. I was at the home opener against Ottawa last year when Ott won in a shootout. I was raging inside so bad that I had to hold myself back from jumping two gloating sens fans.

If I was a Bruins fan yesterday at the game, I dont know man, **** probably would have happened. Its not by choice, trust I'd never want to harm anyone just like that. But sometimes you just cant hold it back.
man u sound like an angry jock. having the need to be violent.

jesus price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

If I'm on cheering for the habs on the road, I dont act the same way. You gotta be a little smarter. Cheer when you should cheer, but be careful not to rub it in. So far, Its worked real well for me except for this one time where a drunk fan poured beer on me... but in that case, people were actually looking out for me because I wasn't acting like a jackass all game.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote