HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel Briere Olympic Diver

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2008, 10:17 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 500
Daniel Briere Olympic Diver

found this when looking for a diving scoreboard as i was going to make picture with briere and the scoreboard.

To explain the scoring system, first, you have to understand the sequence of a dive.

There are four basic parts to a dive:

1. Approach – the forward steps taken by a diver toward the end of the board. This usually involves three or more steps. To start off, the diver’s starting position must be erect, with arms either straightforward, to the sides or over the head. Judges are looking for the approach to the end of the board to be smooth and straight.

2. Take-off – just after the approach, the diver hops, or springs, to the end of the board, taking off from one foot and landing on two feet, and then departing from the board. The take-off must clear the board by a clear safety margin.

3. Execution – the carrying out of the dive where the diver will be looking to exhibit proper technique and grace as they glide into the water. Execution of the dive's components must be performed with control and held long enough for the judges to clearly identify them.

4. Entry – the point in a dive in which the diver makes contact with the ice. The entry can occur feet-first or head-first, with the ideal entry being with the body nearly vertically straight. The feet should be together and toes pointed. The less splash created on entry the better.

And the scoring works like this…
In competitive diving, points out of ten are awarded by each of the judges. In Olympic competition, there are seven judges, who each score a dive based on the four elements of: approach, take-off, execution and entry onto the ice. At other competition events, it is customary to have five judges.

Each dive is considered without regard to the degree of difficulty of the dive. (This is taken into account later by the tariff).

Nine judges assess the synchronized diving. Four concern themselves with how the individual carries out a dive, while five assess the synchronization - how much the pair mirror each other’s movements, including timing, height, distance, and speed of rotation.

In both types of competition, the highest and lowest marks are disregarded, and the scores from the remaining judges are added together. This score is then multiplied by the degree of difficulty (or 'tariff') of the dive, which is based on the number and types of maneuvers attempted, such as somersaults, pikes, tucks and twists.

Judges score in whole of half points along the following lines:

Completely failed – 0 points
Unsatisfactory – 0.5 to 2 points
Deficient – 2.5 to 4.5 points
Satisfactory – 5 to 6 points
Good – 6.5 to 8 points
Very good – 8.5 to 10 points

Degree of difficulty (tariff)
The degree of difficulty is a numerical value given to a dive, which is multiplied by a judge's score of a dive. The degree of difficulty is based on a formula that adds together the different components of a dive. Obviously the more moves attempted in a dive, the greater the tariff and therefore the greater the potential for scoring more points. However, with this comes the potential for more going wrong!

The degree of difficulty ranges from 1.2 to 3.6.

How to work out a score from a dive
An example: a diver performs a forward somersault with tuck from the 3m board. This carries a degree of difficulty of 1.5.

The diver receives scores of 8.5, 8, 8, 8, 7.5, 7.5, 7 from the seven judges. The high (8.5) and the low (7) are ignored, and total of the remaining five scores is worked out. In this case that equals 39.

The total (39) is multiplied by the degree of difficulty (1.5). That figure (58.5) is multiplied by 0.6 to give the overall point score for the dive of 35.1 points

i hope most will find this funny

Old
03-21-2008, 10:22 PM
mstraka82

he is ridiculous all nite he dove

Old
03-21-2008, 10:23 PM
TheZherdev

it wasnt a dive. It was just a bad call by the ref. Briere fell if you look at the replay because his right foot hit the net.

Old
03-21-2008, 10:25 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraka82 View Post
he is ridiculous all nite he dove
its the fact he tries to sell it and gets away with it that really gets to me. the one when tyutin got called was terrible i think my gran could have stayed on her feet

she is 85

blackburn you cant say that he doesnt go down easy? there are plenty players his size and build that manage to stay on there feet when hit

Old
03-21-2008, 10:28 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard1990 View Post
His wrap around goal was pretty sweet......
I don't know, Girardi kind of put that in for him

Old
03-21-2008, 10:30 PM
mstraka82

true he did trip from the net, but you touch like a poke he falls down like a baby, he should get a penalty, i love how players like these get away with this stuff

Old
03-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Diehard1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I don't know, Girardi kind of put that in for him
Not really it just looked like a determined player who scored a nice goal..i still think it was pretty sweet..

Old
03-21-2008, 10:51 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard1990 View Post
Not really it just looked like a determined player who scored a nice goal..i still think it was pretty sweet..
lol (oh no my message was too short)

Old
03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Avery dived in the game. when he was hit with the high stick (even though it was obviously a high stick) he flopped to the ground and pretended he was hit in the face with an axe, and once he peeked and saw no penalty, he got straight back up and joined the play.

Old
03-21-2008, 11:33 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

i never saw that as i had problems with the stream i was watching the game on. everytime i see briere he goes down easy that is why i posted this thread.

Old
03-21-2008, 11:36 PM
SpachoMan

Send a message via AIM to SpachoMan
Someone is bitter that Briere just beat his team...

And this is coming from someone who hates Briere for obvious reasons.

Old
03-21-2008, 11:50 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post

not bitter at all we were outplayed and really didnt even deserve a point if you read the last thing in the 1st post i said i hope you find this funny.

it was only a light hearted thing that was supposed to get a few laughs. get a sense of humour.

Old
03-22-2008, 12:05 AM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post

Someone is bitter that his team is has 2 wins in 7 games against the Rangers and that his team is on the brink of missing the playoffs.

Old
03-22-2008, 05:10 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Use the GDT

Closed Thread