HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Nash/Fritsche/Malholtra Line

Old
03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Dougmustgo*

vCash: 500
Nash/Fritsche/Malholtra Line

I was watching the game last night and thought this was a great line. These guys really worked hard together. I thought Fritsche had a couple of sweet passes that both lead to goals. I think these guys should play with Nash more often, especially Fritsche this kid is a playmaker. Playing with Malhotra and Fritsche really seemed to elevate Nash's game.

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Nordique

Its a checking line with a 40 goal scorer under the hood. Not only do they shut down the other teams best line, but they go the other way and finish. Its looked really good these last 2 games, tonight might not go so well.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Its a checking line with a 40 goal scorer under the hood. Not only do they shut down the other teams best line, but they go the other way and finish. Its looked really good these last 2 games, tonight might not go so well.
I think they should keep them together for a while, we might have something here.

Old
03-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

They've been playing well, I agree. And at this point, what do we have to lose? We haven't found really a line the is really deadly or works all the time, so why not try to spread our players out a little more to get more scoring out of these third and fourth line players?

Mathimatically it's still possible to make the playoffs, we probably won't, so I guess experimenting is all we can do.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Matt

Fritsche is done for the season. Broken bone in his hand.Do you think GMSH will resign him?

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Fritsche is done for the season. Broken bone in his hand.Do you think GMSH will resign him?
It depends on whether or not his rights are traded at the draft. If he's not moved I can see him getting a short term contract.

Macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
It depends on whether or not his rights are traded at the draft. If he's not moved I can see him getting a short term contract.
Could he go into camp without a contract? Or do you have to be under contract to be invited to camp?

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 08:36 AM
sc37

vCash: 450
You could...but it'd at your own risk sort of deal that agents wouldn't really recommend. It's been done though, like with the Devils when they had cap problems, Gionta and couple others went to camp while Lou was opening up some space.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:11 AM
EDM

If Chimera with his dubious work ethic and tin head mind can get a four year contract at $1.8 million per year, it would be a disgrace to not retain Fritche. A complete disgrace.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:19 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
If Chimera with his dubious work ethic and tin head mind can get a four year contract at $1.8 million per year, it would be a disgrace to not retain Fritche. A complete disgrace.
This team must be improved. Nobody is untouchable. The only disgrace would be to continue wallowing in the low-end of the standings.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:41 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Based on Hitch's frequent comments about him... Absolutely.

Hitch loves his grittyness.
He's improved every year.
And Parma can be had for cheap.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 01:19 PM
ScreamingWild
Kissin' The Cup

Quote:
Sorry, come again? I don't believe I've ever seen the combination of Chimera and "dubious work ethic" in one sentence. He's one of the few players on this team that has consistently "brought it" throughout this season. He has a lot of missed shots but that obviously means he is taking shots which is more than can be said for some other players.

I guess to each his own, you know, as far as opinions and disgraces go.

ScreamingWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I'd like to see Fritsche resigned... He's one of the hardest working guys on the team and seems to bleed Blue Jacket's. We have a good selection of players for the 3rd and 4th lines, the 1st and 2nd lines will need some help from outside the organization.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Dougmustgo*

I sure hope they keep him before someone else signs him. He is a great play maker who always gives 110%. Not only did he help Nash he also got Brassard and Brule their first NHL goals. Despite the hand injury, I'm sure he is on other teams radar. Wouldn't mind seeing him play for my leafs one day. I also noticed they don't use him on the PK or PP why is that?

Old
03-20-2008, 05:02 PM
EDM

Screaming Wild, you mean Chimmer who always pulls up and never finishes his checks ???? If you have not seen Chimmer repeatedly pull back and not finish his checks, particularly prior to February, you have not been watching very many CBJ games

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 05:30 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Screaming Wild, you mean Chimmer who always pulls up and never finishes his checks ???? If you have not seen Chimmer repeatedly pull back and not finish his checks, particularly prior to February, you have not been watching very many CBJ games
And if you've not seen the Cimmmer who's been hyper-aggressive and mixing it up with everyone and anyone since his new contract, you have not been watching very many CBJ games. Lack of hitting isn't his problem, it's lack of skill.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 06:30 PM
JacketsIslesFan

Quote:
Isn't this almost the same story as last season at around this same time in the season? Fritsche with some kind of problem with his hand? Weird, feels like deja vu.

JacketsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:27 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
And if you've not seen the Cimmmer who's been hyper-aggressive and mixing it up with everyone and anyone since his new contract, you have not been watching very many CBJ games. Lack of hitting isn't his problem, it's lack of skill.
... or brains.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:35 PM
JACKETS! on the PP

Have we seen the end of Fritsche in a Jackets' sweater???

JACKETS! on the PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Matt

I hope not

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote