HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A question about the perezhogin incident

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 10:30 PM
habsfan11

vCash: 500
A question about the perezhogin incident

Now, im in no way deffending his action, but wouldn't you have to say that Staffords swing at perezhogins head, which missed, was just as bad as the perezhogin slash itself, imo... i mean that stafford seemed to have the same intent to injure, he seemed as if he was going for the head as well, and if the league is punishing perezhogin based on the act itself, which it should do imo, shouldn't a missed swing be just as bad an act?

these are action we need to get out of the game itself and the league shouldn't have to wait till someone gets hurt before they suspent somone. I know what happend to Stafford was horrible, but there has be a rule that punishes acts like his missed swing at perezhogins head.

Old
05-02-2004, 10:45 PM
RE-HABS

I'm sure the league is going to take that into their suspension towards Perezhogin, if Stafford doesn't attepmt to hit Perezhogin in the head with his stick this whole messy incident doesn't take place.

Stafford had more intent IMO to hit and hurt Perezhogin, but lucky for him he missed and Perezhogin swings and hits him and causes this whole fiasco and horrible incident. IMO Perezhogin is just as much the victim as the assalient in this whole thing.

Perezhogin had swung with intent to hit Stafford, but not in the head. Stafford had been down and turned in a position that wasn't the position Perezhogin thought he was in. I know one has to be in control of their stick and their actions at all time, but there was an intent from the other player first that caused this whole play to happen. Retaliation is a very big part of this game, intent to hurt another...I don't think so especially from a player who doesn't even play that type of game.

I am sick of the Cleveland organization making Stafford look like the innocent victim of a vicsious attack. He was the one who started the whole thing...Hell even Bob McKenzie said it is a whole different can of worms from the Brasher/Mcsorely and Bertuzzi/Moore incidents because both of these parties were willing combatants. Bob has even went as far to say that Stafford too should be suspended for his part in the incident.

I can't wait for this to be put to rest, the incident was very ugly but the AHL has to seriously look at the whole incident and how it happened. They also have to take in the matter of the player and how he plays, is he a goon and a problem player and such.

IMO he is done for the remainder of the playoffs (the Dogs eliminated the Barons tonight and move on) and for 1/4 (20) games of next season. That is more than fair, especially since Stafford seems to be healthy and ready to comeback in game 1 of next years AHL season.

Old
05-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
Now, im in no way deffending his action, but wouldn't you have to say that Staffords swing at perezhogins head, which missed, was just as bad as the perezhogin slash itself, imo... i mean that stafford seemed to have the same intent to injure, he seemed as if he was going for the head as well, and if the league is punishing perezhogin based on the act itself, which it should do imo, shouldn't a missed swing be just as bad an act?

these are action we need to get out of the game itself and the league shouldn't have to wait till someone gets hurt before they suspent somone. I know what happend to Stafford was horrible, but there has be a rule that punishes acts like his missed swing at perezhogins head.
Staford's swing was not nearly as vicious as Perezhogan's. Perezhogan couldn't have swung any harder, if he hit him anywhere he would have still been suspended and Staford would still have probably been injured.
And as for Staford, I think he has already been punished for what he did.

Old
05-03-2004, 01:45 PM

Call it homersim if y'all want, but Stafford should merit the same suspension as Perezhogin if not worse, if he dosen't swing 1st, neither does Perezhogin, man, knowing my temper, had I been Perezhogin, and Stafford swung at my head like that and try to take away my livelyhood, I would make sure he would pay, and would probably act in a stupid manner and swing at his head...everyone is too obsessed at looking at the man who's injured, he has a HUGE responsibility in this situation as well, it's easy to say, Perezhogin should of remained calm, but what the hell was Stafford thinking?

This whole incident could be resumed in 3 words...

Dumb and Dumber...

Stafford for initiating the stick swinging and Perezhogin for not keeping his cool and retaliating...case close 20 games next year for both players let's move on...

Old
05-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Now, im in no way deffending his action, but wouldn't you have to say that Staffords swing at perezhogins head, which missed, was just as bad as the perezhogin slash itself, imo...
? All I know is that when I'm chopping up some big ol' logs to throw on the fire at the cottage, my approach is to lay down on my side and swing the axe as I'm rolling around on the ground. I get much better leverage that way than when my feet are firmly planted and I'm standing upright.

This approach is working well right now on the golf course too, btw.

So I can pretty much see how Stafford's swing was just as bad as Perez's. Yup.

Old
05-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Legolas

Stafford's swing, and what he did before the swing, are still infractions though, even if they pale in comparison to Perezhogin's....and Stafford will not be suspended or penalized for what he did. From reports so far, it looks like Stafford may well be playing hockey long before Perezhogin is...the entire incident including the prior infractions ought to be taken into account in determining the punishment.

Old
05-03-2004, 03:06 PM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
? All I know is that when I'm chopping up some big ol' logs to throw on the fire at the cottage, my approach is to lay down on my side and swing the axe as I'm rolling around on the ground. I get much better leverage that way than when my feet are firmly planted and I'm standing upright.

This approach is working well right now on the golf course too, btw.

So I can pretty much see how Stafford's swing was just as bad as Perez's. Yup.
calm down buddy, i never said stafford's swing was just as bad, what i said is he had the same intent to hit perezhogin head, he just missed... why should that be ok... arent they trying to get that out of the game, what, they have to wait till the next time he takes a swing at someones head till they punish him... maybe his swing wasnt as hard, but he still swong at perezhogins head, and we dont know what kinda damage it could have caused if he hit him.... stafford has to be accountable for his stick aswell

Old
05-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
calm down buddy, i never said stafford's swing was just as bad,
Gotcha. I guess I was fooled when you said...
Quote:
...wouldn't you have to say that Staffords swing at perezhogins head, which missed, was just as bad as the perezhogin slash itself, imo...
I humbly beg your forgiveness for my deplorable lack of comprehension.

Old
05-03-2004, 03:16 PM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Gotcha. I guess I was fooled when you said...

I humbly beg your forgiveness for my deplorable lack of comprehension.
i never said speed wise, but the intent was the same as perezhogins intent, and as such, is just as bad a gesture.... he tried to hurt a guy just like perezhogin tried to hurt him.... so yes its just as bad an action

Old
05-03-2004, 04:20 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I watched it again... Stafford SAW Perezhogin before he began his motion to slash him. The slash was very violent and it was going to hit the head, and it missed. And Stafford gets nothing for that. That's plain stupid. They didn't gave the guy one friggin game! The guy can comeback in a week if his team is not eliminated! Based on that logic, Perezhogin shouldn't even miss a game next year. If he does get suspended for some games, I say give half of that suspension to Stafford, at least.

Closed Thread